Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

EvilJoven posted:

Ya. They're called CobraFists. They're really nice especially when it's like -20c. On a warmer -5c day like today once they warm up you can actually ride without gloves.

Thats badass. You could probably fit a costco hotdog in each one for warmth too!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I wanted a hot dog super bad but the line was long and I wanted to get on the trails. Then on the way home some lady mistook a trail for a road and got stuck and while digging her out instead of being full and happy from a Costco hot dog I had to wolf down a lovely frozen Cliff bar because I was so hungry it hurt.

Never skip the hot dogs.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

EvilJoven posted:

I don't think that's 15k kcal but it's definitely not something you'd want to eat unless you're doing something like eating light thinking your day isn't going to be very active and then getting invited on a last minute 50km bike ride.

Also biking to Costco is fun and healthy I should do that tomorrow we're apparently out of chicken strips.

Sorry i meant 1.5, they have cals posted on menu hotdog is like 450, pizza is like 650, churro is like 300, if that's real soda its almost a days worth of food total.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EvilJoven posted:

Ya. They're called CobraFists.

lol

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
They can call them whatever stupid name they want I don't give a gently caress I just want warm hands while riding. Hell they could be covered in rainbows and poo poo and I'd still use them.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
They got a ton of those on the mopeds in China, where they are probably also called CobraFists, because that name is really bad and Chinese people love really bad names for things

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

EvilJoven posted:

Like hell I'm letting something as small as snow covered trails get in between me and the great savings and selection at Costco.

You get the chicken strips?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
You better believe I got those strips.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Give me the low down on Costco's mixed nuts

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

kazr posted:

BOFC (big ol loving can) of honey roasted mixed nuts legit AF

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
My 7 year old pioneer plasma still looks better than anything I've seen. Those blacks, Yo.

I don't care that it weighs a million pounds or that it heats my house. Never giving up on the plasma.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
youre probably just used to the picture after that long with it. i have a samsung monitor from like 2007 that i prefer to my macbook retina screen

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
TRIP REPORT!

Went to browse possible xmas gifts and bought my pops and sis each a nice watch.

Thanks Costco!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I somehow randomly ran into my aunt tonight and she said she was on her way to Costco for the first time. She got her membership yesterday.

:allears:

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

thathonkey posted:

youre probably just used to the picture after that long with it. i have a samsung monitor from like 2007 that i prefer to my macbook retina screen

No, plasma is just inherently superior to lcds for lots of things like contrast, color, etc. The only thing that comes close is OLED screens, which are extremely rare. But it's not flat enough for people so they stopped making them

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had a plasma once and there was what looked like red areas burning into the TV after it was on for a while. That think really sucked.

Now I have an LED from Costco. Loving it.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

butterbar posted:

If they raise the price of hot dogs I will turn on them like a rabid dog

Costco bought a meat processor and started making their own hot dogs when their old supplier of hot dogs wanted them to raise the price.

http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/the-150-costco-hot-dog-hebrew-national-outkirkland-brand-in-6612637

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

kazr posted:

Top notch. Not a single loving peanut in the lot. Mostly cashews, which I hate more than peanuts, but my wife eats those.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I live really close to a Costco now, so I sometimes stop by and get their caesar salad for dinner when I'm lazy.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

uli2000 posted:

Costco bought a meat processor and started making their own hot dogs when their old supplier of hot dogs wanted them to raise the price.

http://www.ocweekly.com/restaurants/the-150-costco-hot-dog-hebrew-national-outkirkland-brand-in-6612637

Hot Dog saviors. :911:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

uli2000 posted:

Mostly cashews, which I hate
Mods!?!?!?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The ol duck dick cinnamon stick

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KakerMix posted:

The ol duck dick cinnamon stick

Ordering as this from now on

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

shoophobo posted:

Hot Dog saviors. :911:

Doob don't like it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I have a Costco, BJ's, and Sam's Club all in my town and have been a BJ's man more or less my whole life. Is Costco wildly different? BJ's doesn't do gasoline, that's for sure. Buddy from same town moved to South Carolina and now all he talks about is Costco so I'm curious.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

Tim Whatley posted:

I have a Costco, BJ's, and Sam's Club all in my town and have been a BJ's man more or less my whole life. Is Costco wildly different? BJ's doesn't do gasoline, that's for sure. Buddy from same town moved to South Carolina and now all he talks about is Costco so I'm curious.

We're getting a bj here in Charleston, SC.
:ohdear:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tim Whatley posted:

BJ's is like Costco for lower-middle-class people

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

shoophobo posted:

We're getting a bj here in Charleston, SC.
:ohdear:

According to my buddy, you (and him) are getting a Sam's Club too.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

uli2000 posted:

Top notch. Not a single loving peanut in the lot. Mostly cashews, which I hate more than peanuts, but my wife eats those.

you loving monster

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Tim Whatley posted:

Costco is god tier. BJs is .... okay I guess? barring there's no Costco around, but the quality of products (in-house stuff especially) is not even a comparison.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

Tim Whatley posted:

According to my buddy, you (and him) are getting a Sam's Club too.

We already have one. They're building another in a suburb.
Also another Costco.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

maniacripper posted:

Costco is god tier. BJs is .... okay I guess? barring there's no Costco around, but the quality of products (in-house stuff especially) is not even a comparison.

I figured. Krikland brand stuff owns bones.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Thoughts on cash and carry?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Going to Costco

I will likely die in a holiday stampede

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i bought a ps4 bundle that came with an extra controller for $250

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

We are supposed to get a Costco in my city but the newspaper says the bass ackwards fuckers on the city council are currently opposing it. God I hate our city government. Guess I'll have to live vicariously through you losers.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Took forever for Jacksonville, NC to get an Olive Garden because the owner of the local lovely italian restaurant was on city counsel.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib

GORDON posted:

Took forever for Jacksonville, NC to get an Olive Garden because the owner of the local lovely italian restaurant was on city counsel.

Olive Garden is genuinely garbage though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GORDON posted:

who the gently caress would want an olive garden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Exact responses I expected. Never change, goons.