Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

They tweeted they'd be 'fixed', whatever that means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if I get knocked (specifically stat reset or worse) I'll probably trade in my copy and keep it moving :shobon:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
oh, also noticeably I got the Mamas accessory but not the Papas. This is bullshit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

oh, also noticeably I got the Mamas accessory but not the Papas. This is bullshit.

Papas had noticeably improved my KD

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Papas had noticeably improved my KD

i hope the activision spy microphones are turned on;

IF YOU MADE THE PAPAS ACCESSORY A $2 DLC I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
to be completely honest if the vast majority of things in this game were just 100% Horse Armor DLC I would have bought them, doubly so if they help push my gaymer agenda on these MAGA clan tagged wingdings

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They get more money from random boxes than you buying items separately.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i hope the activision spy microphones are turned on;

IF YOU MADE THE PAPAS ACCESSORY A $2 DLC I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT IMMEDIATELY

Oddly enough I got multiple Papas, but no Mamas. Also didn't get any of the epics that come from the box only or the legendary / epic Volk. Those 5 guns refuses to drop

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'm a bit salty I was asleep when the key thing happened. Harumph.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

feverish and oversexed posted:

I'm a bit salty I was asleep when the key thing happened. Harumph.

give it time. either they completely let it slide or they come out swinging to set precedent against people taking advantage of monetized asset vulnerabilities in the future

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I bet they also know all the people that CTF glitched but I imagine supply boxes are the one thing they care about so they may actually do something about it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

he sees u when ur sleeping
he knows when ur awake
he knows when uve been bad or good
so dont take advantage of glitches for loot

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the thirst for blood on the subreddit is so out of control right now that i feel like a harsh punishment is coming down the pipes just to stem the rage of people who didn't exploit the glitch and feel cheated by the people who did

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

the thirst for blood on the subreddit is so out of control right now that i feel like a harsh punishment is coming down the pipes just to stem the rage of people who didn't exploit the glitch and feel cheated by the people who did

I am shocked people are so angry, but not at the people who implement this horrible scratcher system.

Actually I'm not shocked, but it's still dumb.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I bet they also know all the people that CTF glitched but I imagine supply boxes are the one thing they care about so they may actually do something about it.
Just looking at it from the simplest money standpoint :10bux: gets you 1000 CoD points which is basically 5 rare suppy drops, so times that by however many drops people have snagged from the exploit, and that's probably what losses they're running with.

Obviously it's a bit more fiddly when you factor in pure gameplay drops and other things, but I'm sure they aren't bothering with that.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

The rage if they were hard-banned from IW and MWR or wiping all their progress / loot / unlocks to the beginning would be hilarious. Granted I missed the glitch window so I'm one of those bitter jerks who didn't get to abuse it.

Personally I think it'll be something limp-wristed like resetting all their stats and nobody will care.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Can you call it losses if people never would have spent it to begin with?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

I think we call that "Money we COULD HAVE made".

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

lost potential sales. this is the same mentality that allows the RIAA to cite billions and billions of "lost sales" thanks to music piracy despite the fact that people were dubbing the poo poo out of cassettes before digital media was A Thing

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

I am shocked people are so angry, but not at the people who implement this horrible scratcher system.

Actually I'm not shocked, but it's still dumb.

The amount of apologists defending IW on Reddit for everything they've done with this game is mind-boggling.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Hovered over the buy button for MWR, but man, another $30 bucks? Is it worth it? I barely have time to play IW.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Our lobby currently has a guy that's level 1. After 3 games. During double XP.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

WHERES MY CHRISTMAS GIFT GAME.

I was a good boy and didn't do the exploit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

lost potential sales. this is the same mentality that allows the RIAA to cite billions and billions of "lost sales" thanks to music piracy despite the fact that people were dubbing the poo poo out of cassettes before digital media was A Thing

:thejoke:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

FunOne posted:

Hovered over the buy button for MWR, but man, another $30 bucks? Is it worth it? I barely have time to play IW.

nope

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Servers are down while they try to unfuck the Christmas presents. They're estimating an hour.

Black Ops 3, however, still works and is a still a good game, with ledge boosting and functional pistols and a medal viewer.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Ya, well...blops 3 doesn't have robot doggos.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

Servers are down while they try to unfuck the Christmas presents. They're estimating an hour.

Black Ops 3, however, still works and is a still a good game, with ledge boosting and functional pistols and a medal viewer.

And a theater mode. And human faces. And cover penetration. And Launcher/deployable resupplying with Scavenger. And sub-1300 point streaks that can actually get more than two kills. And good shotguns.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

What Blops 3 and IW don't have are half-naked people bludgeoning the ever-loving poo poo out of each other in a derelict 40-floor tower.

Seriously, give LET IT DIE a try if CoD ain't cutting it. It's free.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

And a theater mode. And human faces. And cover penetration. And Launcher/deployable resupplying with Scavenger. And sub-1300 point streaks that can actually get more than two kills. And good shotguns.

Don't forget memorable gunplay, decent sound design, being able to see detailed info about your connection, and a Combat Record.

I thought this was an impressive enough hit to post.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ShrillWarmheartedDuckbillplatypus.mp4

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

[One solid hour of carping later]nd a daily bonus system that gives reasonable prizes. And decent sound des-- Oh hey, it's back up.

And instead of opening at midnight (eastern), the next Christmas gift opens at noon because why not.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

JackGeneric posted:

And instead of opening at midnight (eastern), the next Christmas gift opens at noon because why not.

Maybe my poo poo will actually be done downloading by that point.

Don't go to Europe, kids. It just fucks up your shootie mans.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

You missed out Javes, shouldn't have left

We ran into this 4 man team

10th Prestige 3.00 K/D 1500+ Wins 54 De-Atomizer Strikes

While I was tubing in KC

They lost, I got to his twitch stream in time to hear the salt, and it was :salt: :salt: :salt:

All four were using NV4 Fallouts, half phase shift, half reactive armor, on TERMINAL, and they lost

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

victrix posted:

While I was tubing in KC

They lost, I got to his twitch stream in time to hear the salt, and it was :salt: :salt: :salt:

All four were using NV4 Fallouts, half phase shift, half reactive armor, on TERMINAL, and they lost

Speaking of Terminal, I found a disgusting tactic for Tac TDM- maybe even TDM in general.

https://gfycat.com/BigUniformAdamsstaghornedbeetle

I dunno how the gently caress to embed, so there you go.

And here's the entire time I spent there.

We won, and I somehow contributed 25 kills. Somehow.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

It feels like the game in general has caught up with how I play. People are picking me out of the air like I'm a clay pigeon more often and watching my usual sneak spots rather than getting blindsided. Last few days were getting annoying so I've switched it up.

No more scav on a four attachment gun. It's two attachments, five perks and no scav OR hardline.

Assault rifle/lmg on armor + man at arms

dex + ghost
tracker
hard + dead.

Essentially running as all but invisible. Contemplated cold blooded over tracker but I'm not sold on it yet. silencer + quickdraw on the weapon and I've essentially changed my movement around the map to its opposite. Get low, lower than instructed in that rap song. use the lowest point of a wall ride, don't jump everywhere to speed up movement, go full boots on the ground unless I need to be in the air.

Basically I'm still out of sight but instead of being very high above line of sight, I'm either below it or behind them. Man at arms cures most of my ammo needs but I can always ust run the flatline with quickdraw and suppressor and get free ammo from the fact that EVERYONE is also running an NV4 variant.

RIP soaring like an eagle with an unsilenced OSA. I do like that these muppet pubbies are adapting over time though.

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 23, 2016

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

victrix posted:

While I was tubing in KC

Oh man that's awesome, you gotta post the VOD.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Zakk saved the entire video, I'll chop the relevant hour out when I get home, there's no point in posting highlights, the entire thing is highlights start to finish.

I'll just say everything we assume re: moral victories, rage induced with anything non meta, and behavior of tryhards with inflated kds, all spot on.

We LOST the first game and I went like .75 the second game. All I was doing was trying for long shots and hunting streaks with the howitzer and, well... They didn't like it. Manpoose and zakk were just hunting headshots, I think voss was the only one using a normal setup.

I think if you had been on and several of us had run actual obnoxious setups like blackouts, they probably would have had an aneurysm.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

diid anyone post 'gg close, almost a tie.' in their chat? :v:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ok, one preview

I busted out laughing when I saw this, he switched to a shotgun (my loadout was howitzer/diamond reaver, so I wound up shotgunning a lot since, you know, no ammo on poo poo tier howitzer)

Watch showers yo

https://clips.twitch.tv/illuminaughty323/GoodDeerEagleEye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I would pay anything to have your internet...

... just not to any of the providers we have, though.

Rogers delenda est

• Locked thread