Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

My Imaginary GF posted:

ellison is the loving weakest elected when it comes to standing against islamofascist terrorism

Ellison cares more about appearing political correct to islamic polygamists than he does preserving real America. Who does Elison really represent?

America needs strong leaders who represent our judeo-christian values. vote MIGF 2018

hey migf ill vote for you when were on the survivor island or in the big brother house

DEMOCRATIC BALLS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

:aaaaa: you know rico's!!!!! :aaaaa:

my dad's from Bridgeport, of course I know about Ricobene's

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

hmm you can be a slippery one to pin down sometimes horchata. i wanna say of the main party yer either a chaotic good nameless one or a falls from grace???

Updated my journal.

:q:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GlyphGryph posted:

I am not sure what he actually got fired for? Someone else leaking a legit complaint he made? I cant be reading that right.

it's not really tenable to continue to work a job representing the campaign when you're on a prominent political blog with an email absolutely slamming said campaign.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

My Imaginary GF posted:

what is a trad game and how can i be in

traditional game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795466

shared fiction writing, like playing d&d irl but without having to deal with the other players IRL
plus its fun to read

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Aurubin posted:

Gonna be fun if Keith gets a dozen questions about THAC0 but nobody asks Tom about prestige classes.

FTFY

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Concerned Citizen posted:

it's not really tenable to continue to work a job representing the campaign when you're on a prominent political blog with an email absolutely slamming said campaign.

Did the people running the campaign not know about the criticism in advance? I thought he'd already told them? its not like he wrote it for the blog, and it seems like the campaign would want people who could be relied on to fight for the staffers to help retention after something like that got posted

like if its bad enough to be a problem why would you fire the guy that was trying to fix it, and if its not bad enough to be a problem why would you the fire the guy for someone else leaking stuff

idgi but I guess I'm gonna learn soon enough, haha

personally if it was my campaign i wouldn't have fired the dude, again unless i misunderstood something reading your example

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Zikan posted:

jon favrou and dan pfeiffer of keepin' it 1600 said that bernie would have won on their year end show

they're okay now
nah the person drawing the largest crowds and filling stadiums was low energy. sad!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

My Imaginary GF posted:

what is a trad game and how can i be in

please please please do a SimCity 2000 lets play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODRkYrFhO0

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
MIGFCity 2000

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any politics RPGs

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I'm surprised none of you have linked to the 2012 election D&D gif-saga with Obama as the DM. That poo poo was gold

:ok:

http://onthecampaigntrail.org/

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Phi230 posted:

Papers Please?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zikan posted:

jon favrou and dan pfeiffer of keepin' it 1600 said that bernie would have won on their year end show

they're okay now

nah Favreau's kind of a preppy douche or at least he was when we attended the same school back in the day...he's bright but he got his start cause his family has money and dad is p connected in MA state gov

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Liberal Crime Squad

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LmaoTheKid posted:

Papers Please?

No like trad rpgs

I wanna roll a chaotic evil republican of the neocon class, christie prestige class

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

GlyphGryph posted:

Did the people running the campaign not know about the criticism in advance? I thought he'd already told them? its not like he wrote it for the blog, and it seems like the campaign would want people who could be relied on to fight for the staffers to help retention after something like that got posted

like if its bad enough to be a problem why would you fire the guy that was trying to fix it, and if its not bad enough to be a problem why would you the fire the guy for someone else leaking stuff

idgi but I guess I'm gonna learn soon enough, haha

personally if it was my campaign i wouldn't have fired the dude, again unless i misunderstood something reading your example

the email was written to senior staff with the guy's staff cc'ed to it. you can see it here:

http://observer.com/2013/07/booker-for-senate-staffer-lobs-email-bomb-at-campaign/

i think you're not wrong - it sucks he got fired for that. there was nothing wrong with the email itself and he has some valid concerns. but basically it's poor judgement to put that sort of thing in writing for a reason, and especially poor judgement to bcc it to all of your disgruntled staff. and it also seems clear that the senior staff had already had multiple conversations with the manager about the issues he was raising, so the email itself was simply them refusing to accept the marching orders. as a campaign staffer, your job, your sole reason for existing, is to defend & promote the candidate and the campaign through thick and thin. everyone has differences of opinion with the candidate, and every campaign has a bit of drama. but you do everything you can to prevent volunteers and voters from being exposed to it. when that email got leaked, it really compromised his ability to 1. have a public-facing role and 2. be an effective manager of new & existing staff.

if i were managing it, would i have fired him? my first choice would have been to move them to a different department, as it would have been clear they could no longer be effective in the role they occupied. but if that's not an option, quite possibly yes.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Mariana Horchata posted:

nah Favreau's kind of a preppy douche or at least he was when we attended the same school back in the day...he's bright but he got his start cause his family has money and dad is p connected in MA state gov

Go on

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Lol@anyone who doesn't think Jon Lovitz is the best part of KI1600

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Okay I'm home from work and I'm going to draft up an Apocalypse World game for the wake of Trump's America

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

this is still amazing years later

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Okay I'm home from work and I'm going to draft up an Apocalypse World game for the wake of Trump's America

Twilight 2000 (2016)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Phi230 posted:

No like trad rpgs

I wanna roll a chaotic evil republican of the neocon class, christie prestige class

gurps prob could handle it but gurps is like, not cool any more?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

Theres gurps rules for ww2 naval poo poo in PTO

We should do that

GOOD SHIP NITE CREW

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
JFK!

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I wanna play an RPG set in post-apocalyptic 2022 after Trumps re-election.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

This time pt-109 rams THEM

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Phi230 posted:

Legend of the Five Rings and Amber both have tons of politics, and can be played politics exclusive really easily. Song of Ice and Fire is very politics heavy.

Most of them are the "Court of Intrigue" style political wheelings and dealings, nothing I can think of based around campaigning or anything. There probably should be, it could be tons of fun.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It's hard to systematize social interaction, which is politics. Hillary Clinton can tell you all about that btw

Serf
May 5, 2011

Baloogan posted:

gurps is cool depending on what books you're using

I have fond memories of cracking open gurps vehicles and having to perform quadratic equations to determine the weight capacity of my dune buggy's chassis

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Could you just magic up a politics simulator using apocalypse world as the base? The moves are already pretty abstract, you'd just be changing flavor text

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

ellison is the loving weakest elected when it comes to standing against islamofascist terrorism

Ellison cares more about appearing political correct to islamic polygamists than he does preserving real America. Who does Elison really represent?

America needs strong leaders who represent our judeo-christian values. vote MIGF 2018

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/708481603815677952

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

*squish*

Nice casserole

Serf
May 5, 2011

rudatron posted:

Could you just magic up a politics simulator using apocalypse world as the base? The moves are already pretty abstract, you'd just be changing flavor text

if it was cooperative, yeah totally. maybe base it on monsterhearts if you wanted it to be competitive, but at that point you'd be better of reskinning paranoia

really paranoia is the only political game you'll ever need

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It's hard to systematize social interaction, which is politics. Hillary Clinton can tell you all about that btw

I've played a couple games that systemized social interaction really well actually. The problem is that in an RPG most players don't want their social interactions systemized and get really confused when you actually do it. There's more good politics and campaigning video games & board games than RPGs for that reason, there's no built in assumption that there will be a division between the social and the mechanic the way there is in most P&P games.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

rudatron posted:

God drat it I already have too many pbta ideas

GlyphGryph posted:

I've played a couple games that systemized social interaction really well actually. The problem is that in an RPG most players don't want their social interactions systemized and get really confused when you actually do it. There's more good politics and campaigning video games & board games than RPGs for that reason, there's no built in assumption that there will be a division between the social and the mechanic the way there is in most P&P games.

yeah true

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Haha I forgot about this tweet, good catch Joe.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lolllllll

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:bernin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Serf posted:

the forgotten realms drool, eberron rules

chant like that's liable to get a berk mazed

• Locked thread