Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Took longer than I would have liked, but my Santee's packages have shipped. The stuff should arrive in two batches, one on this friday and the other on saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Oh man The Exterminating Angel is so good.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

Sent out my stuff today. If all goes well it should arrive by the end of next week but it's possible you'll get it after Christmas.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Thanks GonSmithe! Another part of my gift arrived. This poster, 27x40:

I'm redoing my movie room and I've been looking for a few movie posters to frame and display. And believe it or not, this exact poster was one I was considering. loving PERFECT gift!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
That is a phenomenal poster.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
As soon as I saw you say Godzilla I knew I had to get that for you, I was just hoping you didn't have it already!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

I keep putting off posting pics so here they are. I assume these are from Machete Zombie

Good choices (though I'll be honest I don't care much for A Boy and his Dog) but knowing what you know about me there is nothing here that isn't in my wheelhouse

Glad you liked most of the movies. A Boy and His Dog is a movie I push on people a lot and that's why you got a copy.

Also you should receive another gift today or tomorrow.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

GonSmithe posted:

As soon as I saw you say Godzilla I knew I had to get that for you, I was just hoping you didn't have it already!

I actually came pretty close to buying it about a month ago. Glad I didn't!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thank you Secret Santa!

E: took out pic. Thanks for Kwaidan! Plan to watch it on Monday.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 17, 2016

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Should probably remove that note in case they don't want people to know their name

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Sent my stuff out. Two packages, one fulfilled by Amazon and one from me. I hope my Santee doesn't have any of it! I'm reasonably sure they don't have one of them!

Now I can watch Onibaba without guilt.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Got my gifts yesterday.

I'm excited to watch Ivan's Childhood and Ebert is always a good read. Star Realms looks interesting, I've just started getting into deck building games recently so this should be fun. Thanks Babysitter Super Sleuth!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

This arrived from Amazon today, I'm not sure if it's from Spatulater Bro or my other santa, but it looks quite interesting!

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Not me. But I wish it was because that looks awesome.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

This arrived from Amazon today, I'm not sure if it's from Spatulater Bro or my other santa, but it looks quite interesting!

I was hoping to get some local goodies for you (I'm in Georgia), but didn't have time with travelling for work.

It's a fascinating read, putting German cinema from the 30s and 40s in context against the rise of Nazism. You have another gift on the way that should be there soon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Took longer than I would have liked, but my Santee's packages have shipped. The stuff should arrive in two batches, one on this friday and the other on saturday.

Thank you!

going to chow down on chocolates and Japanese cinema later this week.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Post office claims my one package arrived at its destination!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Didn't get around to posting but my other Santa's gifts arrived, a copy of House of Leaves, Near Dark, and The Film Snobs Dictionary. No note, however, so this Santa remains anonymous. Thanks, mysterious stranger!

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Didn't get around to posting but my other Santa's gifts arrived, a copy of House of Leaves, Near Dark, and The Film Snobs Dictionary. No note, however, so this Santa remains anonymous. Thanks, mysterious stranger!

It was me! Glad everything arrived.

House of Leaves is obviously used but I threw it in because it seemed like it might be up your alley, and it is the copy I personally read through so it has that special something (not a fluid.)

As it happens, I haven't seen Near Dark, either. Hope you enjoy!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This poor, poor package has been through some poo poo. But it has finally arrived!

I have not seen either film, but I will! I'm def interested in watching crippled martial arts. That sounds pretty fun and cool actually.

Never heard of Trash Fire. But hey, gonna watch anyway!

Also the Council of Rick badge? gently caress yeah! Thank you very much!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
loving finally! Holy poo poo that took forever.

Return of the Five Deadly Venoms is probably the best kung fu ever made and Trash Fire is a pitch black horror çomedy by the guy that made by the guy who made Excision. I'm also glad you didn't already have a council of Ricks badge.

I did also try and get you a neca derelict ship but that got sent back before I could do anything about it and no way am I just reordering it and going through that poo poo again.

At least you got the Jeff Golblum I sent you nice and quickly (I was gonna get an Ian Malcolm but those are easy more expensive)

Anyways, enjoy!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No worries! The whole thing was weird, and I'm sorry it was such an ordeal. My fault, there. But I will watch these films right after Christmas! I'm slowly trying to get myself into weird poo poo again after a pretty iffy year so this is a good start!

Also, the ID4 Jeff rules harder because I had all those toys when I was a kid. I only had Ian Malcom for JP, and a few other things, but ID4 was a BIG DEAL for me. So that was super neat. Thank you again!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Just got something from Iceland and it's two Icelandic films: Rokk i Reykjavik and A koldum klaka. These look awesome and I love the note inside (even better that you scratched out "SATAN" and put "SANTA" in its place).

Freudian Slippers?

Also, a quick look on Google Translate confirms both have English subtitles. One has a sticker saying it includes them, the other one lists "Enska" under subtitles, which seems to mean English.

Thanks a million!

(Also, Anonymous Robot - did you get your second package yet?)

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

Thanks a million!

(Also, Anonymous Robot - did you get your second package yet?)

Not yet, but I was away all day today. Will check the office tomorrow!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Egbert Souse posted:

Also, a quick look on Google Translate confirms both have English subtitles. One has a sticker saying it includes them, the other one lists "Enska" under subtitles, which seems to mean English.

Thanks a million!

I wasn't quite sure if that means Á köldum klaka has subtitles or that some of the dialogue is in English. If it turns out to be without subtitles let me know and I'll send you something you can actually understand.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

Not yet, but I was away all day today. Will check the office tomorrow!

Egbert, this must be from you, yes? Looks interesting- it's the work that Eyes Wide Shut (a film I've slept on) was based on. I'm always down for some absurdism, and am actually currently writing a story with a similar conceit, so I hope I find some time to read this shortly!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

Egbert, this must be from you, yes? Looks interesting- it's the work that Eyes Wide Shut (a film I've slept on) was based on. I'm always down for some absurdism, and am actually currently writing a story with a similar conceit, so I hope I find some time to read this shortly!

Yes! Took some digging to find that translation. Read Dream Story, then watch Eyes Wide Shut again.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Thank you very much for the present Hibernator!

The Thug Kitchen cookbook, Depeche Mode's Black Celebration and Rubycon, White Eagle and Hyperborea by Tangerine Dream along with a very nice hand-written letter. I've listened to some Depeche Mode in the past, but I don't think it was Black Celebration and I'm aware of Tangerine Dreams but have never listened to any of their stuff so these are great choices! I can put my car's CD player to good use now. The Thug Kitchen cookbook also looks pretty great. Thanks much for the entire shebang, Hibernator.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

Sweet! Glad it was stuff you didn't already have. I had to stop myself from just giving you a shitload of Depeche Mode, haha. I hope you dig it all.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
My santee got his stuff days ago but hasn't posted yet. 🙁

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Glam rock, did you get the other package I sent?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I in the outlands, continental Europe to be semi specific, over Christmas so there ia a chance that my gift may have already arrived and I just haven't been in the country to receive it. That being said it is very unlikely that it has.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to post about that. It arrived on like Friday (don't know why it was so delayed). The book looks real cool though so thanks!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to post about that. It arrived on like Friday (don't know why it was so delayed). The book looks real cool though so thanks!

Awesome! I was worried it got lost.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

therattle posted:

My santee got his stuff days ago but hasn't posted yet. 🙁

Same :smith:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

If I kill yours and you kill mine the cops will never be able to connect us to the crimes!

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

Late to the party but I just got a knock on my door and it was the FedEx guy with a belated xmas gift!

Along with a very nice note, we've got the Coens' Blood Simple and Kurasawa's High And Low on bluray, and a treasure trove of delicious VHS flicks: Bloodsport, The Delta Force, this surreal cgi video Beyond The Mind's Eye with music by Jan Hammer, and Stephen Baldwin in Absence Of The Good, which I can only imagine is a very fitting title.

This is an awesome set of gifts, Skwirl. Thank you and happy new year!

Hibernator fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Got a FedEx delivery today. Had to have it rerouted to go to my work because FedEx apparently only delivers from like 9 to 17, that is to say when most people are working.

Inside was a box of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Inside that was not cheap beer but something equally intoxicating: books.

I've never read any Parker books before but I am a big fan of crime and hardboiled fiction. I've seen Payback and really liked it so I'm excited.

The book of Hindu folklore seems to be pretty interesting and as you noted in the letter that came with the books I know next to nothing about the folklore of India.

The Salem book looks dope. I've been on a bit of a witchcraft spree for the last few weeks. I've read a few books both fiction and non-fiction about witch hunts and witches and I even considered buying this exact book recently.

Thanks a bunch Skwirl. Now I know your real name is Siegfried Kadmiel Wirlamajig and can use that knowledge to steal your identity. Don't sweat the delay, better late than never, which is what happened last year.

• Locked thread