Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I love how you can always tell when Cage is about to be knocked out of an elimination match because he goes into to hyperdrive getting his poo poo in.

And I'm not being sarcastic. I really enjoy that steroid man doing all of his moves as fast as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I love how you can always tell when Cage is about to be knocked out of an elimination match because he goes into to hyperdrive getting his poo poo in.

And I'm not being sarcastic. I really enjoy that steroid man doing all of his moves as fast as possible.

He doesn't call himself "Mr Get My poo poo In" for nothing

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Well that was sudden!

I'm down with a Mack push

(edit): ahahah if you can't find Drago, the only place to look is the bathroom

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Dragon must just be well known in the locker room for taking frequent, long dumps

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Mack and Sexy Star are such good friends! Eee!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Maxwell Lord posted:

Mack and Sexy Star are such good friends! Eee!

It's very cute. There's no romantic relationship stuff, they're just good buddies

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

How the hell did that Oujia board stay up there with so many people going through that roof?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
if you know Catrina well enough, it's okay to just walk through her

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
That is some cool entrance attire.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I know most people in this thread are down on Sexy Star, but I hope she wins

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sexy Star and Mack are great as friends, I'll share my favorite moment with them after that episode airs

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Sexy versus Mundo works surprisingly well, in part because he bumps like a maniac for her

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Sexy versus Mundo works surprisingly well, in part because he bumps like a maniac for her

I can't help but imagine how much better it would have been with Ivelisse though.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Also because Mundo is SO good at playing a jerk

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I can't help but imagine how much better it would have been with Ivelisse though.

Well for sure. Everything is better with Ivie

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

There's a point in every Sexy Star match where I complain about how limited she is in the ring and within a minute I am audibly cheering for her in my living room. She's certainly great at winning support.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

That was such a Johnny Mundo way to win

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Mundo, so smart!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that was a good heel finish.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That finish is kinda funny in hindsight given that Sexy has since unmasked and we know what she looks like. Still, good heel cheating.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

That finish is kinda funny in hindsight given that Sexy has since unmasked and we know what she still looks like. Still, good heel cheating.

It made sense at the time!

Also:

https://twitter.com/lastrealheels/status/811752765676462080

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Based on the stinger, I'm guessing that Drago's split with the serpent tribe was because he didn't want to keep eating people.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Drago will return as El Vegan Azteca

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

fatherdog posted:

Drago will return as El Vegan Azteca

"Bro, he's into to some real dark poo poo like seitan and that makes the evil inside me happy"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
striker: there has never been a more deadly match in Lucha Underground than a four-way elimination match

motherfucker you literally watched multiple people DIE in casket matches

also that spider was terrifyingliy real

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Was it on purpose that they made Kobra Moon look like she still absolutely sucks as a fighter? I mean, Aerostar had already gotten the poo poo kicked out of him by 2 guys and when Kobra Moon tried to choke him out, he disposed off of her just like that.

The Senator Giroux posted:

How the hell did that Oujia board stay up there with so many people going through that roof?

That part of the roof is probably just conveniently located under a walkway rather than the open area where wrestlers fall through.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Maxwell Lord posted:

That is some cool entrance attire.
You know, with dragons and ghost witches and whatnot running around, I would not be surprised to find out at some point that scepter is magic.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There's a point in every Sexy Star match where I complain about how limited she is in the ring and within a minute I am audibly cheering for her in my living room. She's certainly great at winning support.
Yeah, she's good at that and her matches are usually laid out/edited in a way that maximizes the effect.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Aerostar, our buddy Drago got kidnapped by the Reptilian Illuminati last week, what do we do!?"
"Well, have we searched the toilets yet?"
"Of course!"

Mack and Sexy BFFs is still one of the best things this season.

I uh, i did not expect the hot dog-skin man to be whatever the gently caress he is. :stare:

I love Sexy Star's Galacta outfit. And yay, the SlamTown theme! Also I guess i saw Jenkem's hand. Daaamn Sexy's got guns. These two wrestle well together, i'm not too into Sexy Star, but this fight's got all the right ingredients to be fun.

I love Spider-man too, but come on, Stryker. I know for a fact that the second the Spider Tribe steps into the ring, Matt will shatter my love for the character with a rampage of references.

Ehhh, kinda lame ending. Extra hilarious how much mask talk there is when she unmasked last summer.

God i love the snake tribe plot.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/811793475524067328

In terms of what that means for viewers, gonna be a 6 month-ish gap at least between season 3 and 4. For what it's worth, a friend of mine who talked to Jeff Cobb at an event last week heard the same thing directly from him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
On one hand that sucks, otoh i'll probably be able to attend tapings by then. Would be really sick to see the season premiere's matches that way.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Glad I got an arm on TV. Also, I was right behind Kobra Moon on that initial Drago promo she cut on top of Dario's office a few weeks ago, it was filmed out of order.

The musical guest, Metalachi was really good. They do a mariachi version of Raining Blood.

In the taping the Sexy Star-Mundo cage match was before the Battle of the Bulls Final, so the crowd was loving PISSED at Johnny retaining (it start the taping off). They were hot as gently caress to see the Mack go over PJ Black just a couple matches later. They thought Mack was just beating Mundo up they didn't realize he was also going after the belt.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 23, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How long do they have the bands out on stage? Is it just to do the episode's opening song, or do they get to do a mini-concert in between tapings?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Benne posted:

How long do they have the bands out on stage? Is it just to do the episode's opening song, or do they get to do a mini-concert in between tapings?

They play 2-3 songs between tapings and during long breaks in the taping (usually to prep for elaborate spots).

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Also I had been very skeptical of Sexy Star going into this taping. This cage match turned me into a Sexy Star mark. She came out and the crowd was hot as gently caress for her getting her title rematch. I think she had only lost it the taping before so they were bitter as gently caress. Someone in line had filled me in on the storyline but I didn't realize she had such a short reign as champion. It felt like she could win the entire match and took some nasty bumps with the head ramming into the cage. I was rooting hard for Sexy. Huge credit to Mundo; he carried the match and made her look great (Justin complements him after he raises his arm)

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 23, 2016

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What's the El Conjunto Nuevo Ola song that incorporates that "This is awesome" chant?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yeah, she's very charismatic and good at using that to cover her ring shortcomings (though obviously having a good opponent is very important.)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's the El Conjunto Nuevo Ola song that incorporates that "This is awesome" chant?

I'm not sure, it doesn't seem to be on either of their CDs. May be something they came up with just to play on the show. A lot of the more fun stuff they play never makes it on air to LU since they do a lot of covers/remakes. I bought one of their shirts (which is pretty dope on its own) since they are so cool live. They really like to wade into the crowd, too.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 27, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Fubo is now making me log in every time on Roku instead of saving my account info, which sucks because typing out passwords on the Roku remote is The Literal Worst.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's Wednesday and I drank a bunch of cold medicine and I am ready for lucha to soothe my fevered brow

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
oh gently caress, Flash Gordon, this movie rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
YISSS! Prince Puma, I knew you'd come.

• Locked thread