Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

What's Under Your Blanket !?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Fallout 4

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

can't remember which game this was but it was a good one!!!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dragon Age: Origins

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Have a buncha Snatcher, best viewed with appropriate background music..

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why didn't anyone tell me that Snatcher was even more gloriously insane than Policenauts?

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Snatcher is Kojima does Blade Runner, of course its mental.
Oh man I want a current gen Snatcher, that would be pretty great.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I love that they thought that Rocket Knight was going to be as iconic a Konami property as Castlevania, Contra, and Mystical Ninja.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Guy Mann posted:

I love that they thought that Rocket Knight was going to be as iconic a Konami property as Castlevania, Contra, and Mystical Ninja.

he should've been

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Let It Die

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Latest Tomb Raider is really pretty.

X-COM 2 picks soldiers from your squad at the start screen, camouflage!

Planetbase. Guess what hit that building.

Fallout 4, just chilling with my X01 suit.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The last episode of Batman was released today.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Lol I thought this was the "Guess the game in the screenshot" thread - guess I'm wrong.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hitman (2016)

Planet Coaster

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
That must be the ghost of Joker.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yakuza 6

Ten years later, Kiryu is doing what he does.

edit: you can't see it well but he's wielding a traffic cone in the first one, of course.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 14, 2016

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Monster Hunter Frontier Z

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
grabbin some of my favorites i uploaded to my widdeogame tumblr i ain't updated in a long time

Space Quest IV

VIP

Final Fight (Phil Collins Edition)

AD&D Dragonlance: Heroes of the Lance

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Suikoden

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Immortal Defense - so I turned the effects to max.

(it looks good in motion!)

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Space Quest IV

Is this that game where you have to be *incredibly* specific about commands because the game takes you mega literally? I think I remember some dude punching in "engage light speed drive" or something without putting the seatbelt on, and his character died because the acceleration turned him into jelly.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Immortal Defense - so I turned the effects to max.

(it looks good in motion!)

I haven't played or heard of a few of these games mentioned in the thread. But usually I can guess what the game is about or at least the genre of it. Without googling, I'm going to assume this is maybe a turn based RPG or RTS and you're fighting rays of light and rainbow orbs? Or you're shooting a projectile of sorts and that rainbow line is your trajectory..and gravitational forces from stars and those orbs are manipulating your aim?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dali Parton posted:

Is this that game where you have to be *incredibly* specific about commands because the game takes you mega literally? I think I remember some dude punching in "engage light speed drive" or something without putting the seatbelt on, and his character died because the acceleration turned him into jelly.

I haven't played or heard of a few of these games mentioned in the thread. But usually I can guess what the game is about or at least the genre of it. Without googling, I'm going to assume this is maybe a turn based RPG or RTS and you're fighting rays of light and rainbow orbs? Or you're shooting a projectile of sorts and that rainbow line is your trajectory..and gravitational forces from stars and those orbs are manipulating your aim?

Haha, not quite: Immortal Defense is a Tower Defense game! You're defending "path space", which is essentially where sci-fi ships go when they're in hyperspace, in this universe. You play as the defender who gave up their body and life to live immortally in this zone as you defend your planet from invaders. The plot gets interesting from there, as does the gameplay - you place different/weird towers (aspects of your emotions) and your cursor has its own piddling attacks + a charge attack that influences some towers and does worthwhile damage.

It's one of the best TDs on Steam, basically! :D

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dali Parton posted:

Immortal Defense is a really trippy tower defense game where you play as a disembodied human spirit who is fighting alien invaders who are trying to cross over into our universe to destroy us by lurking in the space between universes to kill them when they try and cross over. Also all of the towers are the embodiments of your abstract emotions and thoughts and things get really weird really fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PUD0SQCx2I

It's one of the best tower defense games out there, and you can turn down the graphical effects if they're too distracting.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Hah what. I played the hell out of TDs in the Warcraft III days, so on one hand I'm surprised I didn't catch it, but on the other, even the strangest TD games I played have some vague resemblance. Looks cool though. Added to wishlist and will nab during the X-mas sale should Steam be so kind to discount it.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Dishonored

MGSV

Dying Light

GTAV

Fallout New Vegas

Saints Row The Third

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Portal 2

Firewatch

Prison Architect

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Crossposting from The Witcher thread:

I AM BRAWW posted:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel

Have you ever played Shadow of Mordor on PC? That game had something similar, where you could press a button and the game would "freeze frame" and then you could take a picture however you want, putting you in the role of some kind of noclip ghost cameraman. Nvidia Ansel is similar to that, but goes further as you can force the pictures to be rendered on a higher resolution. For example that picture is 3840x2160, while I played on 1980x1280, so the picture looks even better than my game.

It's a really cool feature and it's on like, 4(?) games and one of them is The Witcher 3 (which I just learned about). If you have a supported Nvidia card, and have the GeForce Experience running and have Shadowplay and all that stuff just try pressing ALT + F2 while in-game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Unfortunately that turns off the post processing, or at least it did on its initial launch.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Dungeonmans

Before Lava Lance

After Lava Lance

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Dali Parton posted:

I believe that's actually from Space Quest III, but that's an actual scenario in the game you've described. SQ4 had the series transition to purely mouse commands.

Batman: Arkham City

Landstalker

Abe's Oddyssee

Batman Returns

Man, I really enjoyed making these gifs. My tumblr's full of stuff like this, but a majority of it I didn't tag with the game name, because for me, I just thought it was cooler for people to come across these weird screenshots and not have any reference as to what the game's name is or what system's it on or anything. Now I'm wishing I HAD tagged them with the name, so I could post them here.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Smash 4

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Woke up just in time to get KO'd :smith:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I got the new RE7 demo on PC running at 3840x2160 with 2x scaling (so effectively 7680x4320) without crashing and I took some screenshots and here are the screenshots

I'll just post a few though because they're huge

interestingly enough even at that insane resolution there's still some aliasing, probably sub native volumetric lighting

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Still look like a video rear end video game.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Sandweed posted:

Still look like a video rear end video game.

Well I guess it's a good thing it was posted in the video game screenshots thread then.

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016

I just started playing the new DOOM.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Fart of Darkness posted:

I like how this makes it seem like it's a normal thing around there. Jeez, new DOOM owns as does the rest of the series.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fart of Darkness posted:

Wamdoodle posted:

I like how this makes it seem like it's a normal thing around there. Jeez, new DOOM owns as does the rest of the series.

I just started playing it as well. I think my favorite thing so far is it seems that Doomguy just doesn't give a single gently caress about the plot and just wants to kill all demons.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I just started playing it as well. I think my favorite thing so far is it seems that Doomguy just doesn't give a single gently caress about the plot and just wants to kill all demons.

They made a movie about the dev process and that was a big part of the design philosophy- just get in there and kill demons, no dumb sci fi workup

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wamdoodle posted:

It literally is.

New DOOM is pretty great, like it has plot but the plot is always secondary to the gameplay, and the writing is aware of this and takes the whole thing very tongue in cheek.

The game literally opens with a quote from the loving doom comic, it's also just a really fun FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
can... can I rip and tear?