Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
RIP the Super Best Friend Cast

Liam is leaving because of mental health issues, Matt is on leave to sort some poo poo out himself, and now it's down to Woolie and Pat. I dunno if either of them will quit either, but this is the darkest timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Whoa, two podcasts I listen to brought up Game Informer and Funcoland this week.

Weird.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Just uploaded this year's Retronauts holiday special, so please give it a listen! http://www.retronauts.com/?p=1596

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Gary and or Kole: I just tried listening to the Gnolls episode of Monster in my Podcast and it was just the Gnomes episode.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Gnome and Gnoll got mixed up due to a small clerical error. I thought I'd fixed it, but your post has informed me that I have not. It should be right in a little bit, after the cache has cleared.

I hope you're liking the show.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Like it? I love it! It made me start playing Baldur's Gate for the first time.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Song For The Deaf posted:

Gnome and Gnoll got mixed up due to a small clerical error. I thought I'd fixed it, but your post has informed me that I have not. It should be right in a little bit, after the cache has cleared.

I hope you're liking the show.
I'm not entirely sure if the two of you deserve condemnation or an award of some kind for coming up with Displacer Beef.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"I'm not entirely sure if the two of you deserve condemnation or an award of some kind" accurately describes a large portion of the Duckfeed content I consume.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I still think the hardest I've laughed at anything podcast related this year is one of the most throwaway jokes on Teenage Dirtbags.

"That is not how consent works. "

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm not entirely sure if the two of you deserve condemnation or an award of some kind for coming up with Displacer Beef.

The three pillars of Monster in My Podcast are absurd puns on monster names, dick jokes, and being entirely too hard on Spelljammer

zapjackson
May 21, 2012

Song For The Deaf posted:

My D&D adventures were always plagued by clerical errors.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

zapjackson posted:

My D&D adventures were always plagued by clerical errors.
nice

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Tir McDohl posted:

Like it? I love it! It made me start playing Baldur's Gate for the first time.

This was my hope when I started listening to Monster, it hasn't quite made me start that game yet (played a little bit of BG2 in the past) but maybe it will! Still funny regardless, I've always wanted to try out an actual game of D&D.

Are there any good gaming podcasts out there that are more news- and new releases-focused? As I get older and find myself buying fewer and fewer new releases each year, I think my podcasting time would be better spent on just keeping up to date with current events in the industry in case I hear about something that I want to check out, rather than listening to a lot of in-depth discussion on new titles that I'll have forgotten by the time I actually play them (if I play them at all).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Double post but re: recent MiMP: I saw that Young Pope trailer (was there more than one?) and it looks loving awesome TBH. As someone who plays video games I learned long ago that "good" and "fun" don't always have to go hand-in-hand.

Also your Patreon shout out at the end of your recent eps keeps getting cut off :ssh:

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Double post but re: recent MiMP: I saw that Young Pope trailer (was there more than one?) and it looks loving awesome TBH. As someone who plays video games I learned long ago that "good" and "fun" don't always have to go hand-in-hand.

Also your Patreon shout out at the end of your recent eps keeps getting cut off :ssh:

Yeah, I have no idea how that happened. It was my batch to edit and I literally just import and place the same sound file each time. I checked the file itself, and it's fine.

It's too late to fix it now, but it won't be a problem with the next batch that Kole edits, and I'll keep an eye out for it on my next go around.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Have you guys gotten Volo's Guide yet? I got it for Christmas and it manages to make giants actually cool and interesting.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Have you guys gotten Volo's Guide yet? I got it for Christmas and it manages to make giants actually cool and interesting.

Yup. We talk about it in the upcoming batch of MIMPs. I love it, but I'm going through it slowly because, at the end of the day, it's still a sourcebook for a game I don't play.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/idlethumbs/status/820512791668740096

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

where's the follow up tweet where the thumbs run off with his shoes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
THEY loving DID IT, YES

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
They finally pulled it off...

I guess life does find a way.

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

It stayed up on the piano for the whole night. Pretty good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I am so happy right now.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

So with Dan out of Giant Bomb and Jeff really grating on my nerves more than usual, I need a new video game podcast for current commentary. I've got Idle Thumbs (and their affiliates) for absurdity, Vidjagame Apocalypse for drunks babbling about lists, 8-4 Play for my weeaboo needs, and Game Informer for insider interviews. I like to keep it to a podcast a workday and I need a 5th wheel now.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

al-azad posted:

So with Dan out of Giant Bomb and Jeff really grating on my nerves more than usual, I need a new video game podcast for current commentary. I've got Idle Thumbs (and their affiliates) for absurdity, Vidjagame Apocalypse for drunks babbling about lists, 8-4 Play for my weeaboo needs, and Game Informer for insider interviews. I like to keep it to a podcast a workday and I need a 5th wheel now.

I think the Giant Beastcast would be up your alley for some reason.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Zerot posted:

I think the Giant Beastcast would be up your alley for some reason.

You know it never dawned on me that all my favorite Bombcasters went to the East coast and I should probably listen to that podcast instead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The entire beastcast backlog is wonderful and it's a loving shame austin had to get offered that vice gaming position. Though he still shows up on the Beastcast sometimes.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
On the other hand, his new cast over at Vice/Waypoint with Mini-Scoops and Junior Mints is really good, so it's not a shame at all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's ok, but it'll never match the magic of Austin and vinny together.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
They really were a podcast power couple.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Beastcast with Austin was bestcast, but Beastcast and Waypoint Radio are both pretty good now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Captain Invictus posted:

The entire beastcast backlog is wonderful and it's a loving shame austin had to get offered that vice gaming position. Though he still shows up on the Beastcast sometimes.

IMO Austin on GB was everything Patrick wanted to be on GB but fell short of [/hottake]. I agree with the Beastcast being wonderful though, I listen to both coasts but might go exclusively east coast for a while, at least until I finish my years-long trek through the Uhh Yeah Dude back catalog.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

al-azad posted:

I really like Crate & Crowbar. They're pretty straightforward gamescast material, a news segment at the beginning and then what they've been playing and reader mail. They are PC focused, and I really like hearing the thoughts on games and game news. Episodes go up on Friday.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

al-azad posted:

You know it never dawned on me that all my favorite Bombcasters went to the East coast and I should probably listen to that podcast instead.

It's crazy to me how many people that listen to the bombcasts never bother listening to the beastcast, despite specifically saying they like Vinny the most.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Cool Games Inc is pretty good

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
I'd also like to give a shoutout to The Level and Dark Insight if you want some views from outside the industry. They're both general gaming focused podcasts. You probably know The Level as a Duckfeed cast, and Dark Insight is cohosted by Jeremy Greer, noted host of Don't Give Up, Skeleton!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Crate and Crowbar is often good but there's been too many cutesy couple bullshit episodes in the last year. They really miss Graeme, Marsh, et al.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

al-azad posted:

So with Dan out of Giant Bomb

I haven't listened to GB since he joined, what is the current line up? I could give it another go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Thirsty Dog posted:

Crate and Crowbar is often good but there's been too many cutesy couple bullshit episodes in the last year. They really miss Graeme, Marsh, et al.

Stop harshing my melon