Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Indeed. Normative clothing is a signal to the man that you've grown old and are ready to surrender to his will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the only kind of shirt worth wearing is the kind with a massive TAPOUT emblazoned on it

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Old promotional t-shirt with the sleeves cut off. :eyepop:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I only ever wear oversized sweaters with thumbs cut out of the sleeves like I'm in the goddamn Breakfast Club.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Dark Souls 2 was the best one and they shouldn't have made more games, just kept releasing content for it.

It also plays much better than 3 does, and im still salty that they didn't have power stancing in DS3 except for those lovely Drang weapons

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

Graphic tees are for teens.

T-shirts are underwear.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Instead of calling white tank tops "wife beaters" we should call them "McClanes".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

doverhog posted:

Indeed. Normative clothing is a signal to the man that you've grown old and are ready to surrender to his will.

Normative clothing is a sign that you have grown out of the teenage rebellion phase and are able focus on substance over style in your politics, and elsewhere.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Aramek posted:

Instead of calling white tank tops "wife beaters" we should call them "McClanes".

I can only imagine this opinion is unpopular because no one had heard of it previously. I'm on board!

doverhog
May 31, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

focus on substance over style in your politics, and elsewhere.

But I like posting on dead comedy forums! :greenangel:

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Bloodborne was the best one and they shouldn't have made more games, just kept releasing content for it.

I agree

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My opinion is that people that claim to love one Souls game but dislike the others are intentionally being contrarian or dense so they can argue on the internet.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I think the Souls games would be better if they were turn based menu driven jrpgs, with a fuckload of plot and talking and cut scenes. And combat is selecting FIGHT from a menu and watching a big number pop out and then you always win.

They're good the way they are, but I think that's an improvement they could make.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

veni veni veni posted:

My opinion is that people that claim to love one Souls game but dislike the others are intentionally being contrarian or dense so they can argue on the internet.

They are all very good. I just think the second one was the best one by a fairly large margin. I had the most fun!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't wrap my head around why, but given the thread I suppose it's not worth getting too deep into.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I think life is really awesome and worth living.

:glomp:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sad!

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aramek posted:

I think the Souls games would be better if they were turn based menu driven jrpgs, with a fuckload of plot and talking and cut scenes. And combat is selecting FIGHT from a menu and watching a big number pop out and then you always win.

They're good the way they are, but I think that's an improvement they could make.

Its shame we'll never have Paper Souls

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

^ That owns.

===

Donnie Darko remains the only movie I've ever seen that I wish I could unwatch.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I liked Donnie Darko but everyone whose favorite movie is Donnie Darko is hosed up.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I liked Donnie Darko but everyone whose favorite movie is Donnie Darko is hosed up.

This, pretty much. Though I think if I had to pick the most positively regarded film I could unwatch, it'd be V for Vendetta.
I don't understand.
I don't understand how anyone can think that's a good film.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Stephen Fry's husband is way too young for it to not be gross. Although Stephen Fry was always pretty insufferable.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Das Boo posted:

This, pretty much. Though I think if I had to pick the most positively regarded film I could unwatch, it'd be V for Vendetta.
I don't understand.
I don't understand how anyone can think that's a good film.

I only saw it once, but I remember liking it because it had Kung Fu and explosions. I remember little beyond that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

Stephen Fry's husband is way too young for it to not be gross. Although Stephen Fry was always pretty insufferable.

I looked them up and his young husband is gross and should wash his hair.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Aramek posted:

I only saw it once, but I remember liking it because it had Kung Fu and explosions. I remember little beyond that.

I only saw it once too, I just came away from the experience being insulted by how hamfistedly it was preaching at me and how it was deifying a murderer who kidnaps and brainwashes a woman. Even if I agree with something a movie has to say, grinding it in my face like I'd be too stupid to understand it otherwise is a surefire way to make me resent it. And then yeah, the whole praising a psychopath thing didn't help. I could go out and shoot a bunch of people in the name of a safe sex worker industry and even if my ideology is just, it doesn't justify my horrific actions.

I'm ranting and I apologize for that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

I only saw it once too, I just came away from the experience being insulted by how hamfistedly it was preaching at me and how it was deifying a murderer who kidnaps and brainwashes a woman. Even if I agree with something a movie has to say, grinding it in my face like I'd be too stupid to understand it otherwise is a surefire way to make me resent it. And then yeah, the whole praising a psychopath thing didn't help. I could go out and shoot a bunch of people in the name of a safe sex worker industry and even if my ideology is just, it doesn't justify my horrific actions.

I'm ranting and I apologize for that.

This, but about Making a Murderer.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Did you you know V for Vendetta the movie is based on a 1988 graphic novel by Alan Moore? You should check the original out.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

Did you you know V for Vendetta the movie is based on a 1988 graphic novel by Alan Moore? You should check the original out.

It's based on a serial by Alan Moore in Warrior in the early 1980s actually :smugmrgw:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Which is in turn based on a Papist terrorist who bombed Parliament because he hated Lutherans and wanted Rome to control England.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

I looked them up and his young husband is gross and should wash his hair.

Yeah, if you're in your 60s don't marry someone who is still greasy.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
There is not a single good small dog, pugs are the worst offender they are disgusting creatures and their breed needs to die out.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

Yeah, if you're in your 60s don't marry someone who is still greasy.

Well at least they're compatible in that Spencer dresses like a 60-year-old trying to dress like a teenager while Fry dresses like a 60-year-old trying in vain to remember how clothes in general work.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

Stephen Fry has made a living our of having interns stream smart things for him to say into his earpiece. Except quite often those smart things happen to be extremely dumb and wrong.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Stephen Fry has made a living our of having interns stream smart things for him to say into his earpiece. Except quite often those smart things happen to be extremely dumb and wrong.

Any time he's speaking off the cuff it's clear he's not that sharp, and to have him rip on Laurie's intelligence is ridiculous. On the other hand, Sandi Toksvig is legitimately very intelligent, so I'm glad I can watch QI now.

Richard Dawkins is an acquaintance and regardless of what you might think of his political positions, he's legitimately extremely smart. Fry is a tryhard.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I don't know enough about all that to dislike funny TV British man. I like his voice, and, maybe, that's enough for me.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

He has a very intelligent British voice and progressive opinions, therefore :pray:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

Any time he's speaking off the cuff it's clear he's not that sharp

That would be because he's an actor. His job on QI, for instance, was to appear smart and knowledgeable, not actually be either of those things.

e: I mean an actor can be intelligent it just literally doesn't matter at all in their profession.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He has an extremely regressive aristocratic British voice. Every time I hear him or anybody using the same sort of accent, I instinctively begin to sharpen my guillotine.

Jerry Cotton posted:

That would be because he's an actor. His job on QI, for instance, was to appear smart and knowledgeable, not actually be either of those things.

That would be OK, except most people actually think he's the poster boy for what smart people are like.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That's why I like him, rich people are way more pleasant sounding than poor people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

That would be OK, except most people actually think he's the poster boy for what smart people are like.

He is a very successful and skilled actor, yes.