Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

Wait, does it? I remember it referencing a previous Ganon invasion in the murals, but it seemed pretty clear that was LttP.

Yeah you're right. My memory just reloaded it from tape storage, I had some various Zelda cutscenes mixed up in my swap space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

coffeecup posted:

There are too many callbacks to multiple timelines so it's really hard to predict.

Jackard posted:

This is where all timelines converge??

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What if this is just the Windfish's dream?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

coffeecup posted:

I'm so confused about what is happening here. This isn't PYF where every post must have comedy content. Normal, non-antagonistic conversation is good too.

No, it's Something Awful the perpetually dying internet comedy forum. Lighten up and have a good time. Don't take poo poo personally. Also Zelda, gently caress yeah

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jackard posted:

This is where all timelines converge??

Already a game. One of the best games.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2016/12/09/3d-printed-legend-of-zelda-board-created-sold/

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is amazing.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
So I was in a local non-Gamestop buy sell trade game store the other day and noticed in their collection of SNES games a couple of Legend of Zelda carts that were not Link to the Past. I've been trying to remember what the hell their names were but quick Googling doesn't bring up anything. It was also interesting because they were about 80 bucks a pop so it wasn't something I could just pick up and see what the hell it was.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So I was in a local non-Gamestop buy sell trade game store the other day and noticed in their collection of SNES games a couple of Legend of Zelda carts that were not Link to the Past. I've been trying to remember what the hell their names were but quick Googling doesn't bring up anything. It was also interesting because they were about 80 bucks a pop so it wasn't something I could just pick up and see what the hell it was.

There was apparently

BS Zelda (Japan only)
Remake of original Legend of Zelda for the Super Famicom BS-X add-on

and

BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets
Released for the Japan-only Satellaview add-on, Ancient Stone Tablets was similar to A Link To The Past, but contained new dungeons and characters.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Probably BS Zelda, Parallel Worlds, and Goddess of Wisdom. They are ROM hacks (except BS Zelda that is from the Satellaview) in repo carts. $80 is too high unless they come with all the packaging, you can get just the carts on ebay for like $40.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Might've been the special cart for BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets. It was for the Satellaview, which was an ill-fated expansion for the Super Famicom that let you download and play games from a specific Japanese satellite radio station for a few hours out of the day. Did you take a picture?

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Cicadas! posted:

Might've been the special cart for BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets. It was for the Satellaview, which was an ill-fated expansion for the Super Famicom that let you download and play games from a specific Japanese satellite radio station for a few hours out of the day. Did you take a picture?

Didn't think about it because I thought it was weird enough my brain would remember it but as soon as I left the store my mind blanked. Goddess of Wisdom and Parallel Worlds ring a bell. I might have to run back down there and take some pics and report back.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Minish Cap is great.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Minish Cap is great.
I love the cats in particular.

SWAT SWAT.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Gorgolflox posted:

Probably BS Zelda, Parallel Worlds, and Goddess of Wisdom. They are ROM hacks (except BS Zelda that is from the Satellaview) in repo carts. $80 is too high unless they come with all the packaging, you can get just the carts on ebay for like $40.

I've always found it amusing that of those the one called BS Zelda is the real one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's Goddess of Wisdom? I tried the redone Parallel Worlds a while ago and it was still too romhacky for my taste.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Runcible Cat posted:

I love the cats in particular.

SWAT SWAT.

Triple name/avatar/post combo!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This interview with Miyamoto taken right before LTTP was released is a good read: http://shmuplations.com/zeldalttp/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

quote:

Miyamoto: One idea was with the lantern: if you used it on a grassy area, it would cause a huge brushfire. If you cut a little circle of grass around you, you could safely stand there in the middle of it!

Wow they brought this back more than 10 years later for Four Swords Adventures. That rules.

I also loved the discussion of the pulling switches controversy. It's really wonderful to read about game developers coming up with simple ideas that had just never been done before.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/812075862803759108

Hopefully these will be better quality than the prima ones. I have a weakness for video game guides and I wanna get them, especially since the cover art looks so good

Also since I don't think anybody's mentioned it: the zelda team is uploading screenshots on facebook. So far it's just landscape stuff, no spoilers

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

youcallthatatwist posted:

Hopefully these will be better quality than the prima ones. I have a weakness for video game guides and I wanna get them, especially since the cover art looks so good

:fuckoff: THAT COLLECTOR'S EDITION VERSION IS MINE, I SAW IT FIRST! :shepspends:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

youcallthatatwist posted:

Also since I don't think anybody's mentioned it: the zelda team is uploading screenshots on facebook. So far it's just landscape stuff, no spoilers

I have the STRONGEST need for the one in the back :stare:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I think handheld Zelda games should go for a Landstalker-esque isometric kinda view to spice things up, or a Dragon Quest IV DS slight angle with camera rotation. I've seen enough of the top of Links head, more of a sidescroller fan than top down fan. And if you're doing top down, isometric is best.

(Controversial view on views)

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Some recently released concept art:

Now that there's an actual jump button, I'm really hoping that cape is a sign that we'll get something akin to the Roc's Cape. I'd die to glide around with that bad boy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do you think we can hold down the run button until the cape powers up and then fly across hyrule?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

MokBa posted:

Some recently released concept art:

Now that there's an actual jump button, I'm really hoping that cape is a sign that we'll get something akin to the Roc's Cape. I'd die to glide around with that bad boy.

Well, we've seen that the sailcloth is in. You can catch thermals from setting things on fire!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gaston Link vs. Beast Ganon would own.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if you want a fun, challenging experience in Twilight Princess HD, please throw your wolf link amiibo into a fire. watch it burn. cave of shadows is not worth it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Umbra Dubium posted:

Well, we've seen that the sailcloth is in. You can catch thermals from setting things on fire!

I'm almost certain the sailcloth turned into the glider.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I just want my goddamn 3d Pegasus Boots. :flashfact: :argh:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/812812729006231552

He looks confused

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is any of this new or interesting or real?

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/breath-of-the-wild-walkthrough/great-plateau/

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

that's all from the e3 demo

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Looks like the E3 demo did make it out into the wild.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

Looks like the E3 demo did make it out into the wild.

Looking at it I think they just pieced it together from the various stream videos.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Apparently in BotW, Link will be playing banjo. It's about time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've been playing the Cave of Shadows for the last couple of days, and I'm starting to worry that I'll never get my wolf buddy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm finishing up OoT and there are lots of things I didn't realize were in this game. Maybe it comes from the various stones around the world but I didn't know you could play the song of storms or the sun song at certain places to just make fairies show up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've been playing the Cave of Shadows for the last couple of days, and I'm starting to worry that I'll never get my wolf buddy.

What are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

What are you talking about?

After you beat the Cave of Shadows, you can use the Wolf Link amiibo to summon a wolf buddy in Breath of the Wild.