Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
drat was kinda hoping the Sox could pull Torres from the Yankees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Bilek has been known to completely make poo poo up, so I wouldn't take any of those rumors seriously.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Yankees outfield is going to concist of 3 dudes who are going to want to play center field

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also none of the guys the Yankees traded are prospects I'm currently hugging so I guess I like the trade?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ya, it wouldn't make much sense for the Yankees to acquire Cutch given how they want to get under the tax and the logjam in the OF. I'm chalking that rumor up to nothing but speculation

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
There's talk of the Jays pursuing McCutchen as well. He would likely take a corner outfield spot, and Pillar would stay in centre.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

Ya, it wouldn't make much sense for the Yankees to acquire Cutch given how they want to get under the tax and the logjam in the OF. I'm chalking that rumor up to nothing but speculation

I can't imagine this trade happens without the Yankees also moving gardener

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

All is forgiven of the Jays get Cutch and don't trade Stroman or Sanchez or Vlad Jr.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Assman22 confirms Cutch to the Yankees

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

All is forgiven of the Jays get Cutch and don't trade Stroman or Sanchez or Vlad Jr.

I think if they trade for McCutcheon then the whole Edwin/Bautista/Morales/Pearce mess is even worse.

This is also making me think that trading for McCutcheon would be a totally Anthopoulos move here.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I literally think this is sports media just loving with the Jays fans so it extra hurts when he goes to the Yankees.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hand Knit posted:

McCutcheon

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

McFunyuns

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Some letters are silent, others are invisible.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Dodgers twitter account was hacked today, but nothing particularly funny or scandalous was posted. Boring!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

bawfuls posted:

The Dodgers twitter account was hacked today, but nothing particularly funny or scandalous was posted. Boring!

I miss Derek Jeter's sexual reassignment surgery DL stint and Bill Murray being denounced by the Cubs feed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I like the EE move but I hope it means we trade for an actual leadoff hitter with either Napoli or Santana as part of the deal because we really don't need 3 1B/DH guys

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Merry Christmas, SAS

Have a baseball blooper VHS tape from 1995:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BXIafexNk

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

will_colorado posted:

Merry Christmas, SAS

Have a baseball blooper VHS tape from 1995:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BXIafexNk

youtube has ruined the art of the blooper compilation.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I like the EE move but I hope it means we trade for an actual leadoff hitter with either Napoli or Santana as part of the deal because we really don't need 3 1B/DH guys

Napoli is a free agent.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

Napoli is a free agent.

Can the Jays get Napoli?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

The Jays are absolutely already good when it comes to portly gentlemen at first base.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Merry Christmas, everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOvr9_Wgk6M

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Chexoid posted:

The Jays are absolutely already good when it comes to portly gentlemen at first base.

Everything I've read seems to say that Morales is going to DH as much as possible, unless you mean Smoak/Pearce are portly?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Chexoid posted:

you are confusing portly with being incapable of hitting breaking balls or not striking out

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Please come soon, unverified "best shape of his life" reports.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

BWV posted:

you are confusing portly with being incapable of hitting breaking balls or not striking out

From the day Smoak signed the extension until the end of the season, he hit a robust .176/.263/.365. Gotta lock up that guy.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Good Presents From A Good Wife

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CubsWoo posted:

Good Presents From A Good Wife

I got the exact DVD on the right, plus the audio CD of season highlights complied by Pat Hughes.

My wife is awesome.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/StoolFrederic/status/812865003871236096

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ahahaha I wish I knew this existed. I would have given it to a Cardinals fan that I work with.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Your Taint posted:

ahahaha I wish I knew this existed. I would have given it to a Cardinals fan that I work with.

I'm fairly sure the 40 was custom made, I remember someone Photoshopping up the "Participant" thing once the playoffs started.

As for the Championship Brut? I'm assuming that was at Binny's for way too much money

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
40s are way cooler and it isn't surprising North Siders would prefer some Andre-level Brut

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

BWV posted:

Please don't take away my time-honoured Jays watching tradition of yelling at the TV for the batters to take a loving walk and stop swinging.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

hahahah

that is incredible

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The design on the 40oz label is 2012's Postseason logos.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

AegisP posted:

Please don't take away my time-honoured Jays watching tradition of yelling at the TV for the batters to take a loving walk and stop swinging.

Don't forget our time-honoured tradition of loving terrible utility players way too much. See: John McDonald, Reed Johnson, Munenori Kawasaki.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

ilmucche posted:

Don't forget our time-honoured tradition of loving terrible utility players way too much. See: John McDonald, Reed Johnson, Munenori Kawasaki.

John McDonald is a saint.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Ready 2 welcome Darwin Barney to that storied line of players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Mild mannered John MacDonald trying to fight a-rod will always be one of my favourite baseball oddities

• Locked thread