Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Do people still use Lightflow or is it a giant malware bomb or is there some cool replacement that everyone uses now?

Nexus 6P by the way in case it matters - seeing that Pixel users have some issues with Lightflow.

Lightflow still owns and works great on the Pixel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Is there a hot new/not shite Facebook wrapper as tinfoil doesn't do message and swipe won't deal with friend requests?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
The previous page convinced me to jump from Apex to Nova and I was up and running in about 5 minutes, for anyone else considering making the switch. Very happy with it overall; the only tiny little frustration is that there doesn't appear to be an option to hide folder names in Nova; and I wish I could customise the persistent search bar a little (I'd love to keep the Google icon on the top right but remove the big date text).

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

fluppet posted:

Is there a hot new/not shite Facebook wrapper as tinfoil doesn't do message and swipe won't deal with friend requests?

Yea it's called using the Facebook app

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

fluppet posted:

I use Metal.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Montalvo posted:

... the only tiny little frustration is that there doesn't appear to be an option to hide folder names in Nova ...

I'm 90% certain there is a way to do this. I'm no longer using Nova so I can't check the settings myself, but all of a few weeks ago I was and I had all labels hidden. At least I'm pretty sure I did...

Maybe try the folder-specific area of the settings?

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Just click the folder, click the name and delete it?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Deleting the folder name still leaves the extra padding at the bottom of the card where it should go.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Nova Settings, Folders, Icon Layout, switch "Labels" to off?

Edit: No that changes labels in the folder, not folder labels themselves.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't work. It's really not a big deal though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Montalvo posted:

Deleting the folder name still leaves the extra padding at the bottom of the card where it should go.

Yeah, last time I did it, I had to enter a "space" for the folder name. Which is super annoying since "space" enters the next work with SwiftKey!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Uthor posted:

Yeah, last time I did it, I had to enter a "space" for the folder name. Which is super annoying since "space" enters the next work with SwiftKey!

This was my solution as well because I'm also a weirdo who likes no-name folders.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

fluppet posted:

I've been liking swipe.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Dyscrasia posted:

I've been liking swipe.

Come on man, at least read the post you're quoting.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Is there no way to collapse quoted parts of emails in a really long conversation thread? It makes it impossible to follow the order of the conversation. This is in the regular "Gmail" app that came with the nexus 5x (however its connected to a MS exchange account also)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Montalvo posted:

The previous page convinced me to jump from Apex to Nova and I was up and running in about 5 minutes, for anyone else considering making the switch. Very happy with it overall; the only tiny little frustration is that there doesn't appear to be an option to hide folder names in Nova; and I wish I could customise the persistent search bar a little (I'd love to keep the Google icon on the top right but remove the big date text).

Folder label is settings > Folders > Icon layout, switch above the label poo poo. e: Now I see what you mean, the folder itself is labeled. I hadn't noticed since I invert all the folders on the desktop. I guess there's no way to have the folder look like a folder and have no label.

Search bar is Desktop > Search bar style but you can only switch between the date and the weather+date, can't have just nothing there unfortunately.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Dec 22, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Then is there a clock widget that doesn't have the date with it? I looked in dashclock but didn't see an option for no date.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

fluppet posted:

What issue do you have with friend requests in swipe? I'm pretty happy with it and the dev is really responsive to bugs.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I accidentally found that I can double tap the sides of a YouTube video on my tablet to skip forward and back ten seconds. I've always wanted to be able to do that!

But, it doesn't seem to do anything on my phone. Am I out of luck or missing something?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Well there's that feature where if you press the fullscreen icon you can skip the entire video...

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Ashex posted:

What issue do you have with friend requests in swipe? I'm pretty happy with it and the dev is really responsive to bugs.

The Swipe dev just did a major update and everything was broken for like a week so he probably just tried during that time.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

pee out my butt posted:

The Swipe dev just did a major update and everything was broken for like a week so he probably just tried during that time.

Swipe has had multiple updates per day recently, so yea, many bug fixes.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So my Action Launcher just decided to put a white background behind only one folder, where I keep my Google stuff.

Tried making a new folder and it does the same thing, also tried changing the settings back to having a background, then back to no background, to no avail.

Any help?

Edit: it's now showing the backgrounds on any folder I open up! :kingsley:

Edit 2: it switches then back to no background if I toggle the background type, but as soon as I open it up it immediately gives it a background. Bizarre!

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 24, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm trying to download a song from Google Play Music, but the little progress indicator just seems to stick at maybe 5%. Why would this be? On a Pixel if it matters.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Poor connection? Google being Google?

Try canceling and retrying.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Yeah, I have a couple times. Oh well, it's a it too important.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Mine, for some reason, keeps redownloading the last three Five Thirty Eight podcasts. If I delete them, it downloads them anew. It's the only podcast that behaves this way.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Are you subscribed to the podcast such that it downloads the three most recent episodes?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Dyscrasia posted:

Swipe has had multiple updates per day recently, so yea, many bug fixes.

I chatted with him about wear support and from what he told me he's been working on a larger update for a while so this may have been it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I'm looking for a media player that respects how I place my folders.

I will have two folders

Music
Audiobooks

In music I then have Nightwish > All my nightwish albums

And then Sabaton > All my sabaton albums

But no matter what player I use they take every single folder on the entire phone that has any sort of music in it and vomits it all together into a massive jumble of randum albums from all artists and audiobooks on the phone. As if the artist albums never existed.

I want a music app that works like old Mp3 players did. Open a folder and then see the folders inside so you can pick a folder to play.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 25, 2016

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

But no matter what player I use they take every single folder on the entire phone that has any sort of music in it and vomits it all together into a massive jumble of randum albums from all artists and audiobooks on the phone. As if the artist albums never existed.

I want a music app that works like old Mp3 players did. Open a folder and then see the folders inside so you can pick a folder to play.

Have you tried the .nomedia trick? That should block indexing or inclusion for many player libraries

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

sweart gliwere posted:

Have you tried the .nomedia trick? That should block indexing or inclusion for many player libraries

I googled that. Neat trick.

I found a media player called "music folder player" it does almost everything I needed.

It allowed me to set a root folded to work from instead of throwing all folders on the device in my face. It then only shows media contained in that root folder.

It still ignores mid level folders though.

Root folder > music folder > Artist folder > album folder

It will ignore the artist folder and put all the albums into the music folder.

Still a lot better than before.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 25, 2016

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

My music app requirements are unique and special

Check out Shuttle+, it has a folder view that may satisfy your needs.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Did you already look at power amp? It both indexes and gives a folder view.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Are you subscribed to the podcast such that it downloads the three most recent episodes?

I am, but I am subscribed to ALL my podcasts like that. How all the others work is they download the three most recent episodes, then I delete them if/when I listen to them (even if it's away from Google Play Music) and they don't download anything else until the next episode comes out.

Five Thirty Eight immediately redownloads every episode I delete and I keep getting download notifications for the show even when there isn't anything new.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Zephyrine posted:

I'm looking for a media player that respects how I place my folders.

Pulsar has folder view and you can set that as the only interface you ever see on it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I tried shuffle+ and it seems perfect for file sorting. I'm going to try it at work next week and see how it works as a player.

Thanks for the help guys!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I guess they're giving away free 4 months to Play Music. Just signed up from a link in the Play Store. I've had Play Music previously, so it appears there's no restrictions.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

drat i can't find it. Must be because i have an active sub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

vyst posted:

drat i can't find it. Must be because i have an active sub

That may be a restriction. I still see it though. It gives me "invalid coupon code" if I click again.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 26, 2016