Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
susan
Jan 14, 2013

Dark Heresy 2nd Edition: In the Shadow of the Eye of Terror

Acolyte,

Welcome to the Ordo Malleus. If you have not met me yet, I am Inquisitor Shelby Barbara, and I am your master. You were chosen for my retinue due to your abilities and your willingness to serve the Emperor seeking out the dark corners of the Imperium and destroying the evil that hides there. This will not be an easy path. You will be hunted and harmed. You may die. But you serve a shield for the very souls of Mankind against the great Corruption, and no sacrifice is too great in this fight.

I have sent you to meet with fellow Acolytes at the spaceport of Cel's capitol city, St Avirum. This Agri World has of late been beset by an epidemic of crime. Street urchins and gangers have been behaving in erratic fashions, speaking in tongues, scarring themselves in heretical patterns, leaving an unprecedented number of dead and missing in their wake. The local Arbites believe this behavior to be related to unsanctioned Psyker activity, possibly related to a new street drug they refer to as 'Fire'. I have my doubts as to the authenticity of these claims, the patterns of attacks do NOT fit that of a renegade Psyker hive, but my own investigation into the matter leads me to believe that something dire is in deed occurring, possibly related to a new cult that is striving for a Daemon Manifestation event. The local Arbites have asked for assistance, and we will respond.

You will arrive in the city before I do. Do not wait for me to begin the investigation. Your fellow Acolytes are in transit to the Spaceport as well, and should all arrive with the Hezroth Convoy you travel on. There is an inn just outside the starport, the 7 Trails. Stay there and contact your fellow Acolytes as you investigate. The code phrase is "light up the night" and the response is "the darkness cannot hide".

You were chosen for this mission for a reason, you are here for a purpose. Do not fail this task. You must work together, using your own discretion to find the truth. I will contact you directly upon my arrival. Serve the Emperor, go with his grace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Dark Heresy 2nd Edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Acolytes working for the Ordo Malleus, hunting heretics and Daemons and the occasional Xenos maybe

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
3-5ish

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
Roll20. Estimated gaming schedule is every other Sunday, starting around 9-10am PST GMT-8/5-6pm GMT+0. First scheduled game day is January 8th.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Standard starting level +1000XP (2000XP Total).

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard starting equipment as per character creation.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
You're working for an Inquisitor, so no Inquisitors with the starting party. You can always become Inquisitors later, but not at the start.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
No Xenos.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
I like point buy more than randomizing, so Attributes start at 25 and you get 60 points to divide between all of them (nothing goes above 40 at the start, unless you get a +5 Homeworld bonus). Assume you roll max Hit Points on character creation.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
It's Dark Heresy, all the heroes are Lawful Evil.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
N/A

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
We'll use Roll20 rollers.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
Nope!

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Maybe a paragraph or two of who they are, where they came from, how they were hired by the Inquitition, just some stuff to tell other players when you meet up at the starting inn.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
All/yes/it's kind of up to how the part wants to handle situations. I expect heavy combat and heavy intrigue.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
I've got basically the entire 40k line of RPG books. If you want something from another line, let me know, we'll talk.

Let me know if you have any questions, hopefully people find this interesting!

------------

SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!!! SEE BELOW!!! SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!!!

susan fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I'm in!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Slick! Me too.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Mee too. Are the backgrounds, roles, and elite advances from the splat books (enemies within, without, and beyond) allowed, or just core?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Potentially interested. Never done roll20 but I don't really have anything else to do early Sunday morning.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Werix posted:

Mee too. Are the backgrounds, roles, and elite advances from the splat books (enemies within, without, and beyond) allowed, or just core?

All are good, just no new Inquisitors yet :) .

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Guess we're going as a party of Blanks, that fights in a series of elaborate poses.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

susan posted:

All are good, just no new Inquisitors yet :) .

Okay. RAW you need 75 influence to get the inquisitor advance anyway, and no one can get that high at creation.

Rockopolis posted:

Guess we're going as a party of Blanks, that fights in a series of elaborate poses.

You misspelled sisters of battle.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
interested, a 5pm Monday morning start might be...tricky, but gently caress it.

Michelle Krom, Hive-world Outcast Assassin

quote:

I'm very discreet. I have no code of ethics. I will kill anyone, anywhere. Children, animals, old people, doesn't matter. I just love killing.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 26, 2016

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
I am more than ready to murder some fools in the name of the Emperor, count me in.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Werix posted:

You misspelled sisters of battle.
Split the difference - Sisters of Silence.

And now we get to play Ghostbusters 40K !

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Rockopolis posted:

Split the difference - Sisters of Silence.

And now we get to play Ghostbusters 40K !

You likely could do that making a sororitas blank.

I'm obviously out on holiday with family, but I've got an idea for a vigilante former Arbites. I'm thinking an Arbites outcast with either assassin, the gunslinger, or the zealot (?) Role from enemies within. Someone that can do some investigating and some ruthless semi-stealthy executions.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

This is at a good time for GMT -8, I'll definitely make a dude.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Really happy with the responses so far :) . Because I don't think I mentioned this: We'll probably end up using the Google Hangouts Roll20 plugin. It should work automatically when you join the room, I'll just need everyone's Google account to invite people on the day of the game.

Let me know if there's any questions, and post your concepts/characters when you've got 'em. Thanks!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Roll20 has its own integrated voice chat (just use chrome, it has the codec) and we also have a discord.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Posting for interest. Do you want us to roll up a character on Orokos/whatever and post a full sheet now, or are we just making an outline and finishing it up then? I can't read.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 27, 2016

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Werix posted:

You likely could do that making a sororitas blank.

I'm obviously out on holiday with family, but I've got an idea for a vigilante former Arbites. I'm thinking an Arbites outcast with either assassin, the gunslinger, or the zealot (?) Role from enemies within. Someone that can do some investigating and some ruthless semi-stealthy executions.
I'm on the train home right, I'll be home with my books this afternoon.

I could start as Sororitas, but can the Sister of Battle prestige class be blanks? Seems like it'd mess with the miracles they run with.
If not, I'll probably go with Shrine World or Adeptus Telepathica.

Not going to be able to do the social thing too well. Going to have to focus on physical investigation. Or interrogation. And, you know, murder.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Not gonna be a psyker, that's for sure. The less rules to know the better.

Can't promise a super optimized min max character either.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Tentatively interested pending how much I can massage my schedule into making this work.

Administratum Desperado/Assassin(homeworld tbd) xtreme tax collector

"Two things in life are certain: Death and taxes. It is up to you now, Lord Hraxius, to choose which one of these unfortunate fates will befall you tonight"

Statblock and rest of fluff incoming tonight so.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 26, 2016

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Both of those things are fortunate in the service of the God-Emperor

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Investigator Malcolm Garvis (ret), Codename: Oathtaker

So the Scholam is good, very very good, at instilling absolute loyalty in the poor orphans of the Imperium that they raise, especially ones like me that were orphaned before we were potty trained. I was raised to have complete loyalty to the Imperium, which was steered toward complete faith in Imperial Law when the factors decided that I would make a great Investigator for the Arbites. I was just smart, smooth, and perceptive enough to gather evidence, but didn't exceed in any of those to the degree I'd have been made anything else.

See, the problem with absolute, abject, blind principle is that such dogma usually doesn't match up with what the real world was like. So either the individual abandons their principles, has a psychotic break when their principles do not match reality, or fight to make their principles relevant in an uncooperative world.

I ended up as the second of those three.

I was assigned as a rookie to Desoleum, a Hive world in the rear end end of Imperial Space where duty and loyalty was supposed to be sacrosanct. Hell, locals take their oaths so seriously that they even wore these giant rear end cogs around their necks, and the bigger the cog, the more people that owed duty to them. So you would think such a world would be easy to enforce law on, well you'd be wrong. I was assigned to track down and investigate illegal criminal elements, drug and gun smugglers, slavers, that sort of thing. If they engaged in any illegal commerce off-world, then it was considered a matter of "Imperial Commerce" and I had jurisdiction to investigate. I mostly kept finding out who the small fish were, the dealers, the runners, and enforcers, and I would forward my findings on the to actual arbites enforcers or judges to do the actual dispensing of justice.

Finally I caught some breaks, got info on a kingpin or two, and started to learn that these underhive scum had some pretty high up connections. I even got some smoking guns, namely forged manifests for cargo being carried off world by some big named folks in the upper spires, all the way to the upper levels of the Constorium. i spent over a year making my case, and when I forwarded my evidence to the senior judge, well, turns out Imperial law doesn't apply to everyone.

To shorten the story, I was completely destroyed emotionally. I had been raised in the scholam, just like my superiors, but apparently "no one can escape Imperial Law" gives way to political considerations. I faced this break the best way I knew how, and that was with amasec. Within a year I was being offered "Disability" retirement both to get my drunk rear end off the force and as a bribe. A small two room apartment in a mid-hive hab block, enough food rations to meet my needs, and a large enough monthly pension in thrones to drink myself to death in a year; which I very nearly did.

So i found myself on my bed, soaked in my own piss because I was too drunk to use my toilet, tears streaming down my face and my hand cannon in my mouth, wondering how long my body would sit there and rot until someone found me, when complete and total clarity washed over me. When you've sunken that low that you're considering offing yourself you realize in that one final moment that you truly have nothing to loose. If I was willing to check myself out, then what the hell, I might as well do what I thought was right, and take as many as I could with me.

So the next 18 months I spent getting clean and practicing my shooting, and once the shakes were gone and I could mostly hit a target, I went to work. I didn't do anything fancy; I just followed these noble fucks long enough to get a moment of opportunity, and then I'd plug them and any witnesses with my shotgun and hand cannon. No one was due any mercy, anyone close enough to these profiteers of filth and destroyers of Imperial Integrity deserved to die.

I figured I would maybe get away with two tops before someone's bodyguards plugged me, but I managed to kill four of these corrupt fucks before they finally got me. By then the hive was buzzing about the Vigilante known as Oathtaker, since I tended to take their oath cogs when I could, and when I could not, I smashed them. So there was a lot of interest in this Oathtaker, so the next corrupt noble I went after opted to have me captured. Problem was this noble was dealing in something other than illegal goods, they were dealing in Chaos stuff, and they were more than eager to use me as some sort of "host" as punishment.

I should have died right there, but someone had been paying attention. Inquisitor Barbara moved in on the spire mansion I was being held in, and took out the noble before he could complete his evil work. Seems that the Inquisitor had spies everywhere, including among my former colleagues in the arbites. My reports and investigations had been forwarded on to her, and little did I know, that many of these nobles were part of some sinister Chaos cult. I didn't see it, but the proof was in my reports the whole time.

So the Inquisitor explained to me her work, and asked for me to join her. I was of course skeptical to join yet another failed institution, but she explained no one escapes the Inquisition, even nobles; she explained that entire corrupt worlds are put to the flame.

The Inquisition sounded like my kind of Imperial Institution.

code:
Name: Oathtaker     
Homeworld: Hive world   
Background: Adeptus Arbites
Role: Seeker       
Divination: [i]There is no substitute for zeal[/i] 

Wounds =13   
Fate: 3       
Fatigue 0   
Insanity  0 
Corruption 6

Aptitudes: Perception, Defense, Fellowship, Intelligence, Social, Tech, Ballistic skill (replaces second perception) 

WS: 25=25
BS: 50=25+10+15(advance) 
S: 25=25 
T: 25=25  
Ag: 30=30
Int: 40=25+10+5(advance) 
Per: 40=30+10 
WP: 40=20+20  
Fel: 40=25+10+5(advance) 
Ifl: 43=25+13+5

Bonuses:
Teeming masses: crowds are not difficult terrain, +20 on navigate surface in enclosed spaces
Face of the Law: can re-roll intimidation and interrogation, and can sub WP for DoS.
Nothing escapes my sight: may spend fate point to auto succeed awareness or inquiry with DOS equal to perception

Skills:
Awareness +10
Common lore (arbites, underworld)
Deceive +10
Dodge
Inquiry +10
Interrogation +10
Intimidate
Scrutiny +20
Security +10
Tech use +10
Trade armorer +10

Talents:
Ambidextrous 
Exotic weapon training (Gravitron)
Weapon Training (SP, bolt, launcher, heavy)
Keen intuition
Clues from the crowd
Coordinated interrogation
Armor Monger (4 additional AP distributed as I want)
Constant Vigilance 
Cover up
Contact network
weapon intuition
Target selection
enemy (ad mech while wearing praetor armor) 

Advances:
spent: 9500/9600
Inquiry known 100 
Interrogation +10 400
Scrutiny +10 200
BS simple 250
Awareness +10 400
Coordinated Interrogation 300
Security known 100
security trained 200
dodge known 200
tech use (known) 100
Trade armorer (known) 100
Armor monger 300
Deceive known 100
Constant Vigilance (perception) 300
Weapon training (bolt) 300
Cover up 450
Contact Network 450
fellowship simple 100
weapon training (heavy) 300
Weapon training (launcher) 300
Tech use +10 200
Int simple 250
Exotic weapon training Gravitron 450
weapon intuition 600
BS intermediate 500
BS trained 750
target selection 600
inquiry trained (+10) 200
Scrutiny experienced (+20) 300
deceive trained (+10) 200
trade armor +10 200
Ambidextrous 300 

Gear:
Shotgun
Carapace chestplate 6 ap body
Enforcer light 5 ap head arm legs 
Flak armor head, arms, legs.
3 doses of stimm
manacles
12 lho sticks
Handcannon
Multikey
multitool
autogun/silencer and compact
combead
Lasgun
Las Pistol
Combat shotgun w/ expanded mags
Human Stalker pattern bolter w/ silencer and preysense sight
grenade launcher
gravitron gun
Praetor Armour w/hexagramatic wards
-resperator
-comm-link
-photo-visor
-targeter
-recoil suppression sleeves 
Refractor field
Eldar sniper

Loot:
Pulse gatling
eldar drones
astartes storm bolter

pre:
Combat block
AP 10:chest 6:arm/leg/head TB:2 wounds: 13
Refractor field 30
Fatigue threshold: 6

Movement: 3/6/9/18

Weapons: 
Shotgun - Rng:30m RoF: s/-/- Dam: 1d10+4I Pen:0 clp:8 rld: 2 full spcl: scatter
hand cannon - Rng:35m RoF: s/-/- Dam: 1d10+4I Pen:2 clp:5 rld: 2 full spcl: N/A
autogun w/silencer and compact - Rng:50m RoF: s/3/10 Dam: 1d10+2I Pen:0 clp:15 rld: full spcl:N/A
C.Shotgun - Rng:30m RoF: s/3/- Dam: 1d10+4I Pen:0 clp:27 rld: full spcl: scatter
bolter sniper w/silencer and preysense - Rng:200m RoF: s/-/- Dam: 1d10+5X Pen:4 clp:24/24 rld: full spcl: accurate, tearing
Grenade Launcher - Rng:60m RoF: s/-/- XXX clp:6 rld: 2 full spcl: XXX
gravitron Gun - Rng:30m RoF: s/3/- Dam: 1d10+6I Pen:8 clp:9/9 rld: 2full spcl: Concussive (2), gravitron
Eldar long rifle: Range: 250 s/-/- Dam: 1d10+12E Pen: 2 clp:18/18 rld: full spcl: Felling (2), accurate

fate threshold 6+: 1d10 6
divination: 1d100 93

Werix fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 15, 2018

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
picture of colin farrell's character in true detective season 2 punching the corrupt plastic surgeon goes here

It takes one to know one, the saying goes. Dangerous words when talking about heretics, but plain common sense for lesser criminals. In most cases, a patrol of hive enforcers goes a long way and where they are insufficient, a single arbite is often enough to scare many wayward imperial citizen straight. Some delinquents however, are not petty thieves or brutish underhive gangers, but well spoken and better connected nobles from the spires. Through friends in high places and lifetimes spent studying the intricacies of lex imperialis, or more specifically, it's flaws and loopholes, it is possible for one to embezzle millions of thrones and never see the inside of an enforcer's cell.

To the administratum, this is unacceptable. No matter how many years one has been a member of the same exclusive club as the Magistrate, or how ancient the text exempting a particular section of the spire from taxation is, the books must be order. Order that is usually maintained by the long arm of the law but sometimes investigations can take decades or even centuries, or may even come up blank if the quarry is particularly slippery. When that happens, the administratum needs a man who can make an otherwise untouchable noble cough up teeth until he coughs up some cash. That man is Lleidr Arian.

Born into the harsh environments of the lower hive, Lleidr quickly got recruited by one of it's many gangs, serving as a street tough, extracting late payments from those who thought they could get away with stealing from his employers. During this time however, an eager governor made it his goal to arrest one million gangers at once, and send them all to a penal world. In practice this ended up with entire hive levels getting herded onto the transport ships with little in the way of detective work done but by chance Lleidr was caught up in the sweep as well. Back on his homeworld, an enterprising administratum clerk in charge of hiring bailiffs decided to take a shortcut. Instead of going through all the work necessary to appoint one the regular way, he simply tasked a penal colonist to do it because what are they alive for, if not to serve the Emperor in any way their superiors choose?

Despite his unorthodox(to the administratum) methods, Lleidr proved to be quite adept at the task, doing the same thing he did before but now with official backing. His first encounter with the Inquisition happened when he was sneaking into the manor of a trading magnate. He owned a ship, that on paper, was lost in the warp but in reality was still active and smuggling strange and occult contraband at that! Breaking into the lord's chambers however, he found his target dead by a bolter shot to the head and the owner of that bolter was now point it at him and holding a strange =][= symbol in her other hand. Rather than threaten or question him as holders of similar symbols of authority are want to do, she simply informed him that he had been transferred to a different branch of service and to follow her to his first briefing as an acolyte of the Inquisition.
pre:
Name       Lleidr Arian
Homeworld  Penal Colony
Background Adeptus Administratum
Role       Assassin
Divination Truth is Subjective(+3 Per, gain 1 more corruption the first time corruption is gained per session)

Wounds     10+1d5(automatic 5)=15
Fate       4/4
Fatigue    0
Insanity   0
Corruption 0

Armour Imperial Robes
Head   0
Larm   1
Rarm   1
Body   1
Lleg   1
Rleg   1

WS  25
BS  25+15+10=50
S   25+15=40
T   30
Ag  25+15+10=50
Int 25+5=30
Per 30+3
WP  25+5=30
Fel 25+5=30
Ifl 20

Aptitudes:
Ballistic Skill
Agility
Toughness
Perception
Fieldcraft
Finesse
Social

XP spent   2000
XP unspent 0
XP total   2000

Skills:
Commerce
Common Lore(Adeptus Administratum)
Common Lore(Underworld)
Dodge(200xp)
Inquiry(200xp)
Intimidate(200xp)
Interrogation(200xp)
Linguistics(High Gothic)
Logic
Scholastic Lore(Bureaucracy)
Scrutiny
Stealth(100xp)
Stealth +10(200xp)

Talents:
Catfall(200xp)
Jaded
Peer Criminal Cartels
Weapon Training(Solid Projectile)

Characteristic increases:
simple ballistic skill(100xp)
intermediate ballistic skill(250xp)
simple agility(100xp)
intermediate agility(250xp)

Gear:
autogun
stub automatic
imperial robes
autoquill
chrono
dataslate
medi-kit
grapnel and line
http://orokos.com/roll/470095 divination; one of the harsher downsides but it fits thematically so ok
http://orokos.com/roll/470094 emperor's blessing

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Argo of the Stone

The Brotherhood of Stone teaches Five Sacred Principles by which we of the witchblood must live. Remember them well, Initiate.

Remember the Parable of the Volcano. The power that wells within you is without equal, and if it is not restrained, it will shatter the world. As the Volcano darkens the skies and burns the land, so too will your power rend the Veil and allow the Daemons to escape their well-deserved places in the Hells. Yours is a grave responsibility. A moment's weakness can destroy ten thousand innocents. It is better to end your life than to let your power slip beyond your control. And just the same, it is better to end another's life than to let them lose control. Never hesitate. Your instincts will not fail you.

Be as Immovable as the Land. Know no fear. The God-Emperor watches over us all from his Golden Throne in the Heaven of Terra, and all passes according to his plan. Every adversity is a test of faith. Those who prove true to Him will be ushered into an afterlife of transcendent bliss. Those who waver and doubt their purpose will be cast into Hell, to be the playthings of Daemons forever and ever.

Be as Watchful as the Mountain. In haste lies disaster. Always consider the consequences of your actions. Like a stone thrown into a pond, you create many ripples. You cannot avoid harming others, but you can minimize the harm you inflict to the innocent. Measure your every move carefully, for there are no second chances.

Be as Decisive as the Rockslide. When the time comes to act, act. Hesitation is damnation. Strive to strike in a single, resounding blow. Be an unstoppable force that crashes down upon your foes. You are Heaven's Judgement.

Remember the Paradox of Stone. It is invincible and yet changeable, immovable, and yet movable. The Volcano melts it, the Earthquake shifts the Land, the Rockslide tumbles down the Mountain and changes its face. But no matter where it goes or what it experiences, it remains Stone. When all seems lost, when you cannot live up to these principles, when you cannot find a course of action, follow your heart, because that is where He speaks to you. Do not linger on your failures, do not obsess over your weaknesses, and never lose hope. The God-Emperor is with you, no matter how far your journey into the Firmament takes you.

--------------

Those words are my greatest comfort, and apart from my staff, they are my only reminder of home. I left all the rest behind, even my birthname. I do not understand much of the world beyond Orvess. I understand now that the monasteries of my world, to which all children of the witchblood are sent, belong to the Emperor's Imperium. I know that we are trained and culled carefully even before the God-Emperor's Black Sky-Chariots arrive above our world. And I know that we are taken to the Gates of Heaven, where the God-Emperor's servants subject us to even harsher tests, to ensure that no taint of the Daemons lies upon us. And I know that if we are not found wanting, we are sent to one of the many other worlds, to act as servants of Heaven. But my lack of understanding did not distress me, even in those hard, lonely times. I knew in my heart that I was pure and perfect, even before the God-Emperor's servants told me so and deemed me a fitting "battle-psyker." I am true to the Five Sacred Principles, and I always will be.

And my unswerving dedication to His path is to be rewarded, for I am told that I have been permanently called into the service of an Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus. They tell me the Inquisition is the right hand of the Emperor, and that this Order of the Hammer makes war against the Daemons themselves. I have never seen a daemon, but we were told many tales warning of their fearsome power and terrible aspect, and telling us that they were especially deadly to those of the witchblood. To be told that I am found worthy to face these most terrible enemies is a great honor. I look forward to sending them back to their Hells.

pre:
Name: Argo of the Stone
Homeworld: Feral World
Background: Adeptus Astra Telepathica
Role: Crusader
Aptitudes: Toughness, Defence, Knowledge, Offence, Strength, Perception*, Willpower, Psyker
Divination: Thought Begets Heresy

Characteristics:

WS:   40 (+10 +5 Advance)
BS:   25
S:    40 (+5 +5 Advance)
T:    40 (+10)
Agi:  30 (+5)
Int:  22 (-3 Divination)
Per:  40 (+15)
WP:   45 (+15 +5 Advance)
Fel:  25
Inf:  20

Wounds: 14
Fate: 3/3

Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Skills:

Awareness
CL (Adeptus Astra Telepathica)
FL (The Warp)
Interrogation
Parry +10
Psyniscience
Scrutiny

Talents:

Bodyguard
Double Team
PR 2
Warp Sense
WT (Las, Low-Tech)

Psychic Powers:

Invigorate
Smite
Warp Perception
Foreboding

Traits/Other:

Psyker (Sanctioned)
Thought Begets Heresy (Reduce first Corruption gain during each session by 1, min 0)

Abilities:

The Old Ways
The Constant Threat
Smite the Unholy

Gear:

Laspistol
BC Staff w/ Mono
Whip
Light Flak Cloak
Psy-Focus

Acquisitions:

BC Staff (+20 Plentiful -30 Best)
Mono Upgrade (BC Staff) (-10 Scarce)

XP Spent       2000/2000

Psyker Elite Advance-300
Invigorate-100
Smite-200
Warp Perception-100
Foreboding-200
Parry-100
WS +5-100
S +5-100
WP +5-100
Double Team-200
Scrutiny-100
Warp Sense-200
Parry +10-200
Divination, Emperor's Blessing 3+: 31, 5

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Dachshund, I hope our characters are able to maintain their personal spaces...

Richter the Warp-Render

Richter's precise origins may be impossible to determine, one of countless feral worlders drafted into service in the Imperial Guard. For reasons that are now quite obvious, he was always a social outcast, lurking in the forgotten trenches of many a battlefield. When a routine agri-world patrol led to a den of cultists, who desperately unleashed a Daemonic horror they were completely unable to control, it seemed tragedy would strike. Richter fell upon the horror with usual ferocity for his kind, but shocking results: the creature was vanquished, banished back to the warp with startling ease.

Investigation soon found Richter to be an Untouchable, anathema to the warp and all its denizens. Almost immediately, he was drafted into the service of the Ordo Malleus, which are in need of talents like his all too often. For his part, Richter is proud to have found his calling, serving the great Sky-Emperor and slaying the greatest of foes...

code:
Name: Warp-Hunter Wulfgang     
Homeworld: Feral world   
Background: Imperial Guard
Role: Warrior      
Divination: 62 - "Ignorance is a wisdom of its own." 

Fate: 2       
Fatigue 0   
Insanity  0 
Corruption 0

Aptitudes: Toughness, Fieldcraft, Ballistic Skill, Defense, Offense, Strength, Weapon Skill

WS:  40=25 base + 10 purchased + 5 advance
BS:  40=25 base + 10 purchased + 5 advance
S:   40=30 + 10 purchased
T:   40=30 + 10 purchased
Ag:  30=25 + 5 purchased
Int: 25=25 base
Per: 22=25 base - 3 divination
WP:  45=25 base + 15 purchased
Fel: 25=25 base
Ifl: 20=20 base

Bonuses:
The Old Ways: Low-Tech weapons lose primitive, gain proven(3).
Hammer of the Emperor: If attacking opponent an ally attacked since the end of my last turn, I can re-roll 1 or 2 on damage rolls.
Expert at Violence: After successful attack, may spend fate point to substitute appropriate Skill's bonus for degrees of success.
Untouchable: Automatically ignores Psychic Phenomena, +30 to resist any Perils of the Warp.  Treat fellowship as half, or as 1 if other party has Psynicience.
Psychic Null: Gains a +20 bonus when evading psychic attacks and making Opposed tests to resist psychic powers.  Stacks with Resistance (Psychic Powers, Fear)

Skills:
Athletics
Command
Common Lore (Imperial Guard)
Operate (Surface)
Navigate (Surface)
Stealth

Talents:
Weapon Training (Las, Low-Tech)
Iron Jaw
Devastating Assault
Frenzy
Hammer Blow
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Deny the Witch

Advances:
spent: 3600/3750
Untouchable (300)
- Psychic Null (450)
Devastating Assault (300)
Frenzy (200)
Hammer Blow (400)
WS advance (100)
BS advance (250)
Stealth training (300)
Resistance (Fear) (200)
Parry (100)
Chain weapon training (300)
Will advance (500)
Double Team (200)

Gear:
Laspistol
Sword
Long-Las (acquisition)
Hunting Lance (acquisition)
Combat Vest
Flak Armor
Grapnel and line
12 lho sticks
Monoculars
Chameleoline Cloak
Stummer
http://orokos.com/roll/470207 Divination: 62.
http://orokos.com/roll/470208 No Emperor's Blessing, sadly.

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 19, 2017

susan
Jan 14, 2013
For quick reference:
Investigator Malcolm Garvis, Hive World Arbitrary Seeker - Werix
Lleidr Arian, Penal Colony Administratum Assassin - Asehujiko
Argo of the Stone, Feral World Astra Telepathica Crusader - Dachshundofdoom
Richter the Warp-Render, Feral World Untouchable Guardsman Warrior - Eponymous

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Do you peeps just type those sheets out or is there some resource missing?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

JcDent posted:

Do you peeps just type those sheets out or is there some resource missing?
I made a template a few years back for my own game that I used, it's in the op over here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3663582

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Sophia "Paz" Palanza
"The darkness cannot hide. It's like the, uh, from the classics."

"So, uh, hi. I'm Paz. I'll be patching you up." she introduced herself, looking everywhere but into your eyes. "Well, I mean if anything happens." she added quickly.
"I'm from the Order Pronatus, uh, I'm a librarian." she explained, looking uncomfortable. "But I'm really good at medicine and I got good marks in fencing, it's just that the Hospitallers said I don't have a bedside manner and the Sisters Militant said I'd be better as librarian."

"Well, I'm a really good librarian. There's never been an escape on my watch, and hardly anyone has died. That's pretty good for a supermax library."
"I even rescued the boss, that's how I met her." she said, looking up defiantly. "She got lost in the stacks, but I found her, and even fought off the bull codex that was attacking her. Got her back to the trench line and patched her up."

"I'm, uh an Untouchable." she said in a small voice. "I think I'm really here because the boss is collecting people like me and uh, the big guy." she said, glancing around uncertainly, "I guess it's nice to have a place where I'm wanted."

"So, uh, that's me."

pre:
Quick Block!
Best Eviscerator  45    2D10+4R P9 Razor Sharp, Tearing, Unwieldy, Righteous Fury Damage+1
Chainsword!       35/45 1D10+5R P2 Tearing, Balanced
Hydra Flamer            1d10+4E P2 08m 10/10 2Full Flame, Spray 90Deg, Fear 1
Hand Flamer             1D10+4E P2 10m 02/02 2Full Flame, Spray 60Deg

Rosarius 50

IG Flak+SynSkinTough     6+3 All, +1vsBlast
Dodge             20

13 Wounds
4 Fate, Keep on 1/1D10
13/13

Initiative 1d10+4
Half/Full/Charge/Run/Sprint
4/12/12/24/48

Medicae   85
Stealth 70
FEAR! 75
pre:
Paz

Homeworld
Shrine World
Background
Adepta Sororitas
Role
Sage
Elite Advance
Untouchable
Divination
The only true fear is dying without your duty done. Gain Resistance (Fear)

BS ----- (2)25 = 25+0+00+
WS ----- (3)35 = 25+0+10+
ST ----- (3)30 = 25+0+05+
TO ----- (3)30 = 25+0+05+
AG ----- (4)40 = 25+0+15+
IN ----- (4)40 = 25+0+15+
PE ----- (2)20 = 25-5+00+
WP ***-- (5)55 = 25+5+10+05+05+05
FE ----- (3)30 = 25+5+00+
Influence 41

WP 13
FP 4
IP 1
CP N/A

Aptitudes
Fieldcraft, Intelligence, Knowledge, Offense, Perception, Tech, Toughness, Willpower, Willpower

Special
Faith in the Creed
Whenever a shrine world character spends a Fate point, she rolls 1d10.
On a result of 1, the character’s total number of Fate points is not reduced. 
Incorruptible Devotion
Whenever an Adepta Sororitas character would gain 1 or more Corruption Points
she gains that many Insanity Points minus 1 (to a minimum of 0) instead.
Quest for Knowledge
In addition to the normal uses of Fate points,
a Sage character may spend a Fate point to automatically succeed at a Logic or any Lore skill test
with a number of degrees of success equal to her Intelligence bonus.

Talents
Clues from the Crowds
Coordinated Interrogation
Devastating Assault
Infused Knowledge
Jaded
Sprint
Superior Chirurgeon

Bane of Daemon
Daemonic Anathema
Null Field
Psychic Null
Soulless Aura
Warp Anathema
Warp Disruption

Peer (Ecclesiarchy, Adepta Sororitas)
Resistance (Fear, Psychic Powers)
Weapon Training (Chain, Flame)

Skills
Athletics I
Interrogation I
Intimidate I
Logic I
Medicae II
Navigate I
Stealth I
Tech-Use I

Common Lore (Adepta Sororitas)
Linguistics (High Gothic)

Gear
Weapons
Best Eviscerator "Feather of Duty"
Chainsword
Chainblade
Hydra Flamer Array
Hand Flamer
Shock Maul
Armor
Armored Body Glove
Imperial Guard Flak Armour
Rosarius
Synskin
Chameleoline Cloak
Items
Advanced Medikit
Chrono
Dataslate
Stablight
Micro-Bead

Augmetics
Calculus Logi
 +10 Literacy Logic Scholastic Lore

Advancement (XP 0400 9200/9600)
RESPEC
0300 0300 Untouchable
0550 0250 Willpower Simple
1050 0500 Willpower Intermediate
1800 0750 Willpower Trained
2250 0450 Psychic Null
2650 0400 Null Field
2950 0300 Soulless Aura
3250 0300 Warp Disruption
3650 0400 Warp Anathema
4100 0450 Coordinated Interrogation
4550 0450 Devastating Assault
4950 0400 Infused Knowledge
5250 0300 Jaded
5850 0600 Peer (Ecclesiarchy)
6450 0600 Peer (Adeptus Sororitas)
6850 0400 Superior Chirurgeon
7050 0200 Interrogation Known
7150 0100 Logic Known
7350 0200 Medicae Trained
7550 0200 Stealth Known
7650 0100 Tech-Use Known
8250 0600 Sprint
8650 0400 Daemonic Anathema
9100 0450 Bane of the Daemon
9200 0100 Navigate Simple
Fate; Divination: 1d10 6 1d100 78

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 29, 2018

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Everard can still see the tattoos and runes carved into his flesh. They've long since been tattooed over with holy incantations and symbols or wholly replaced with vat-grown flesh, but he could still see them. That kind of thing doesn't wash off.

What does wash off, apparently, is the mark of death. Those possessed by entities of the warp are not allowed to live if they survive, which they almost never do. And Everard didn't either. Not at first at least.

He was in Inquisitor Shelby Barbara's service for a year before she let him see the vid of his own exorcism. The ritual itself was not of interest to him - its end was. The ritual ends with the collected psykers breathing exhausted sighs of relief and exchanging muttered congratulations while his own body - a profane thing, covered in heretical tattoos, some carved deep into the flesh - lies motionless, chained to the black stone slab. The medical instruments reported no life signs.

As the men begin to file out, his body suddenly contorts and racks, breaking free of the chains. He must have been screaming, too, as it drew the attention of the hooded psykers. There was a dagger in his hand, one probably left on the altar after the ritual. "That one there?" she says, pointing at one of the psykers, "Pissed himself." Instead of turning it on the psykers as they feared, Everard looks down at himself in horror and cuts the knife deep into his own flesh, tearing off a heavy flap. He cast the meat aside as the psykers move to subdue him. Just in the corner of the frame, the piece of flesh lie on the floor, and on it, a large tattoo of the mark of Chaos. The vid clicks off. "We questioned your sanity then," the Inquisitor says somberly, "But at that moment answered the question of your faith. I knew you would be useful."

In his time in her service, Everard had brought the Emperor's justice to dozens of heretics, mutants, and the occassional xenos, but he didn't do it out of any particularly strong conviction of faith, though. Faith, by definition, involves a degree of uncertainty. But Everard had seen the other side and all doubt had been removed. Everard acted not out of faith, but out of cold certainty of what was necessary for the triumph of mankind.
pre:
Name: Everard 
Homeworld: Feudal World
Background: Exorcised
Role: Mystic
Aptitudes: Weapon Skill, Defense, Defense Toughness, Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Willpower, Psyker
Divination: The pain of the bullet is ecstasy compared  to damnation.
  Reduce this character's Agility characteristic by 3. 
  The first time this character suffers Critical damage each session, roll 1d10. 
  On a result of 10, he does not suffer any Critical Effects, though the damage still counts as Critical damage. 

Characteristics:
WS+:  45 (30 + 10 + 5)
BS:   25 (25)
S:    40 (25 + 15)
T:    40 (25 + 10 + 5)
Agi:  32 (25 + 10 - 3)
Int-: 20 (20)
Per+: 30 (30)
WP:   45 (25 + 15 + 5)
Fel:  25 (25)
Inf:  25 (25)

Fate: 4

Corruption: 12

Skills:
Awareness
Deceive
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology)
Parry
Scrutiny
Psyniscience

Talents:
Hatred (Daemons)
Warp Sense
Weapon Training (SP, Chain)
Psy Rating 1
Inescapable Attack (Melee)
Daemon Hunter 

Traits/Other:
At Home in Armour: A feudal world character  ignores the maximum Agility value imposed by any armour he is wearing.
Touched by a Daemon: An Exorcised character counts his Insanity bonus as 2 higher for purposes of avoiding Fear tests. 
  Additionally, he can never again become possessed by the same Daemon that once possessed him. 
Stare into the Warp: A Mystic character starts the game with the Psyker elite advance.

Equipment:
stub revolver
shotgun
chainblade
Imperial robes
3 doses obscura
disguise kit
rebreather
glow-globe
Feudal World Plate w/ forearm mounted stub revolver

XP Purchases:
100 Psyniscience
200 Ill Omen (Power)
200 Suggestion (Power)
100 Toughness +5
100 WP +5
250 WS +5
450 Inescapable Attack (Melee)
100 Parry 
450 Daemon Hunter 

Spent: 1950/2000

Starting Acquisitions:
Feudal World Plate (AP 5 all)
Forearm Weapon Mounting
rolls
corruption

Clanpot Shake fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 2, 2017

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Current list of player submissions:

Sophia "Paz" Palanza, Shrine World Untouchable Sororitas Sage - Rockopolis
Everard, Feudal World Exorcised Mystic - Clanpot Shake

This is more interest in this game than anticipated :) . I'm not closing submission yet, especially since we aren't having the first game until January 8th, but I will say that character sheets need to be in by December 31st 11:59pm GMT-8 PST. I'll finalize the party over the next couple days after that and we can talk logistics/etc.

Also, just throwing this out there, but it kinda sounds like there's enough interest in a weekend Roll20 game for another GM to get a second group together. Possibly a Rogue Trader group :P ? Thanks everyone, let me know if there's any questions!

susan fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 29, 2016

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Changed from Chirugeon to Sage, seemed more likely to be useful.
Plus I read about the Orders Pronatus being relic hunters/keepers, and I figured an Untouchable Sororitas would make more sense as a battle librarian fighting to keep the schools of tomes from escaping the library.

Also noticed that I have 2000 total XP to spend, so I'll fill that out soon.
All set.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 29, 2016

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Just a reminder that the recruitment for the game will be closing in about 24 hours, and the first game will be in a week on the 8th. Thanks everyone :) .

JcDent
May 13, 2013

pre:
BS 45

Weapon      Range  Mode   Damage Type Pen Clip  Reload

Dueling Pistol45m S/–/–   1d10+5   E   4     1    Full Accurate

NCatalyser   35m S/–/–    2d10     X   –    –      – Concussive (3), Overheats, Ignores armour, reduced by WP bonus, target also suffers 1d5 Willpower DM

Plasma Pistol30m  S/2/–   1d10+6   E   6    10  3 Full

Bolt Pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+5   X   4    8     Full
One Bolt Pistol has a Red Dot Sight (+10 BS for S)

Hand Cannon  35m  S/–/–   1d10+4   I   2    5   2 Full

Stub Pistol  30m  S/–/–   1d10+3   I   0    6   2 Full

Wounds: 12
Fatigue:   
Insanity:   
Corruption: 1

Armour:
Head   5
Larm   5 
Rarm   5
Body   5
Lleg   5
Rleg   5

86 White Tide was born one morning when sun didn't shine. Possibly a clone, he was thrust into the life of Adeptus Mechanicus assistant on a frontier world.

It was a young colony on world that had previously housed a human civilization of unspectacular technological sophistication. Only their tall, multi tiered cities remained, but the colonists lived in the plains and valleys outside of the crumbling metropolitan areas. Life was tough, but the colony straddled a thin line between being poor and sustaining itself properly.

86 White Tide Purges The Poor never lacked for work. Every vehicle was to be kept in working condition, no matter the cost. That is what the senior tech priest, a man of stature clearly too grand for such a colony, believed. Therefore, White Tide got to know Chimera chassis and the Goliath trucks, those most ubiquitous of vehicles, quite well. New deliveries were infrequent, so canibalizing the weakest vehicles was sometimes the only way to go. If some feral humans believed that eating the organs of the enemy granted mystical benefits, White Tide formulated a similar belief about transferring parts from wrecked vehicles into still running ones. The greatest project White Tide took part in was producing a multibank engine to run one of the colony PDF's Malcador tanks.

The nature of his work saw White Tide go on solitary expeditions into the crumbling cities. Goading all the strength whatever vehicle at hand could muster, he would navigate the crumbling cities in search of surviving technology or at least salvageable metals. It was here that he learned that God-Emperor's or the Omnissiah's work required some flexibility of the mind not found in some other adepts. Or maybe it was his flexibility that got White Tide sent onto some tasks. Either way, it was an illuminating experience.

Dealing with technology was also a dangerous experience, as pirates and tech scavengers would make their way into the cities in search of loot. White Tide soon learned to cut and run - as well as run and gun. In much of the same vein, he also learned that quality of the loot was sometimes more important than quantity. To that end, his Mechanicum handler had taught him much in the way of identifying relics from the passed ages of humanity.

These skills acted in concert the few times when White Tide got into tradeing for tech. Sometimes, he would successfully deceive a tech nomad into selling him something that only a true Magos could fully value. Most other times, the deception would fail due to White Tide's lack of interpersonal skills - a life in the brotherhood of machines and solitary scavenging trips will do that to you - and only quick draw and quicker feet would secure a priceless artifact.

Something something eldar daemons. TBD

pre:
Name: 86 White Tide Purges The Poor 
Homeworld: Frontier World
Background: Heretek
Role: Desperado
Divination: Trust in Your Fear 

Characteristics:
WS: 30
BS: 45 +
S: 30   
T: 30  
Ag: 45 +
Int: 40
Per: 35
Wp: 30
Fel: 25 +
Influence: 23 

Aptitudes: Ballistic Skill, Agility, Intelligence, Fellowship, Tech, Defense, Finesse

Skills:
Commerce
Deceive
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) 
Medicae
Tech Use +20
Trade (Armourer)
Operate (Surface) +10
Dodge +10
Security

Talents:
Weapon Training (SP, Bolt, Plasma)
Quick Draw
Two-Weapon Wielder
Ambidextrous
Mechadendrite Use
Two-Weapon Master

Traits and Special:
Rely on None but Yourself: A frontier world character gains a +20 bonus to Tech-Use tests when applying personal weapon modifications, and a +10 bonus when repairing damaged items.

Mechanicus Implants:

Master of Hidden Lores: When a Heretek makes a Tech-Use test to comprehend, use, repair, or modify an unfamiliar device, he gains a +20 bonus if he has one or more relevant 
Forbidden Lore skill specializations at Rank 1 (Known) or higher.

Move and Shoot: Once per round, after performing a Move action,a Desperado character may perform a single Standard Attack with a Pistol weapon he is currently wielding as a Free Action

Fear of Eldar: A phobia as per divination

Wounds: 12
Fatigue:   
Insanity:   
Corruption: 5

Armour:
Head   5
Larm   5 
Rarm   5
Body   5
Lleg   5
Rleg   5

Gear:
Weapons:
Oblige-pattern Bolt Pistol (Red Dot Sight)
Red Tape-pattern Bolt Pistol 
Harry of Deert IV-type Hand Cannon
Plasma Pistol
Belasco Dueling pistol
M39 Enforcer Special Stub Revolver
Frag Grenade (5)
Stun Grenade (2)
Armor:
86's Special Police Light Carapace Armor (Good Quality, +10 to Agility limit)
Flak Cloak
Items:
Combi-tool
Filtration plugs
Dataslate
Stablight
De-Tox (1 dose)
Medikit
Recoil Glove
Optical Mechadendrite
Manacles 
Beady, the auspex Servo Skull

XP: 5550/5600
Operate (Surface) (200xp)
Dodge (100xp)
Tech Use +10 (200xp)
Two Weapon wielder (300xp)
Simple Fellowship Advance (250xp)
Operate (Surface) +10 (400xp)
Ambidextrous (350xp)
Weapon training (Bolt) (200xp)
Tech Use +20 (300xp)
Simple Ballistic Skill Advance (250xp)
Mechadendrite Use (300xp)
Dodge +10 (200xp)
Security (100xp)
Two-Weapon Master (600xp)
Simple Agility Advance (100xp)
Weapon Training (Plasma) (200xp)
Commerce (Known) (200xp)
Exotic Weapon Training (Neuralyzer) (200xp)
Awareness (Known) (300xp)
Divination and fate (7+) 5 and 5

JcDent fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 9, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I'll have bio&xp up by the end of today, but Borgia's job is to charge the biggest and scariest thing in sight and kill it stone dead.

Sister Borgia

Situated at a crossroads of many powerful warp currents, the world of Gorgon's Eye is of great interest to the Imperium, and more to the Inquisition. It's a pity the people aren't more civilized, but the same currents which make it an important transit hub are responsible for a vastly higher incidence of psyker emergence than in most other worlds. While most are collected by the heavy Hereticus presence, the semi-feudal societies below are locked in a state of constant crusade against those psykers who defy the will of the Emperor and the inevitable demonic hosts that follow them.

Slaying these horrors often falls to the planet's knightly orders and the convents of the Order of the Ceaseless Vigil, which recruits heavily from Gorgon's Eye. Inquisitors of the Ordos Malleus and Hereticus often recruit the most successful of these warriors, and Sister Borgia is one of them. Having already captured or put to the holy chainsword dozens of witches, she now takes to the stars to fulfill the will of the Immortal Emperor.

pre:
Name: Sister Borgia
Homeworld: Feudal World
Background: Adepta Sororitas
Role: Crusader
Aptitudes: Weapon Skill, Offence, Knowledge, Agility, Strength, Toughness, Willpower
Divination: Innocence is an Illusion
divination: 1d100 84

Characteristics:

WS:   55 = 25 +hw +15 +10
BS:   25 = 25  
S:    50 = 25     +15 +10
T:    25 = 25     
Agi:  45 = 25     +15 +5
Int:  20 = 25 -hw      
Per:  30 = 25 +hw      
WP:   45 = 25     +15 +5
Fel:  20 = 25          
Inf:  25 = 25          

Wounds: 11
wounds: 1d5 2
fate: 1d10 1
Corruption: 0

Skills:
 Athletics 
 Intimidate
 Common Lore (Adepta Sororitas)
 Linguistics (High Gothic)
 Parry 
 Dodge

Talents:
 Weapon Training (Flame Chain)
 Keen Intuition
 Inescapable Attack 

Traits/Mutations/Other:

Abilities:
 At Home in Armour: Ignore max AG from armor.
 Incorruptible Devotion: Gain eqivalent IP-1 instead of CP.
 Smite the Unholy: May spend Fate to pass a fear test with DoS equal to WP bonus. 
     Also has +x damage and pen against targets with Fear(x). 

Gear:
Hand flamer
chainblade, 
armoured bodyglove, 
chrono, 
dataslate, 
stablight, 
micro-bead

Acquisitions:
 Feudal world plate
 Chainsword w/ Sacred Inscriptions

XP Spent             1850/2000
 WS +5                   100
 WS +10                  250
 ST +5                   100
 ST +10                  250
 AG +5                   250
 WP +5                   250
 Dodge                   200
 Inescapable Attack      450

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 1, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It's my sincere hope that she eventually becomes a farmer.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

JcDent posted:

It's my sincere hope that she eventually becomes a farmer.

I don't think that part of Meti's teachings would find much of an audience in the Imperium. (They'd love the hell out of the rest.)

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Happy New Years :) . So SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED, and I will now spend a day or so reviewing the apps and seeing what the final party will be. With 8 submissions (Nice! Totes enough interest for a second game! Another GM, hint hint!), I'll probably end up going with 6 players, which is about the upper limit you can run on a Roll20 game and have it resemble sanity. Unfortunately it looks like everyone submitted actual well built and thought-out characters, so this part's gonna suck, no way around that. If we get drops, those not picked will be contacted/given first priority/etc.

I'll post when I know the final party, and then we can talk logistics for next Sunday's game. Thanks everyone!

Final list of player submissions:

86 White Tide Purges The Poor, Frontier World Heretek Desperado - JcDent
Sister Borgia, Feudal World Sororitas Crusader - wiegieman

susan
Jan 14, 2013
OK, after deliberation, here's what I decided to go with for the party.

List of Players/Characters:

Sister Borgia, Feudal World Sororitas Crusader - wiegieman

Congrats to those who got in, apologies to those who didn't, if we end up needing more party members I'll let you know ASAP.

So! Players, time to talk logistics for this Sunday, January 8th. I'm sitting at GMT -8, so if we start at 10am my local time (Pacific), that would make it 6pm for GMT +0. Does that time work for everyone? I can scoot the time forward/backward a bit (not *TOO* much forward; me gaming at 8am on a Sunday probably ain't gonna happen) if that would work best for people.

Also, we should figure out the best VOIP to use. Did we want to go with Discord, Roll20 with Chrome plugin, Google Hangouts, etc? Majority will rule on this, I'm cool with whatever, I'll just need to download what everyone wants.

Thanks everyone, and please post questions/requests/etc!

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I'm GMT -5, so that's noon for me. No problem with moving it in either direction. Don't care about the voice chat system either, I'll use what everybody else uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I'm good with either the roll20 chat or discord (probably discord), and 9am would be better for me than 10.

• Locked thread