Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Goddamn Particle posted:

Parliament House roll: Hundreds tumble down lawns before public is turfed out

Hundreds roll down lawns of Parliament House before security fence is built

Australia's Parliament House was built under a hill with a lawn on top so people could metaphorically and literally stand over the government. Over the years it's become a tradition for visiting kids to roll down the hill. They've just closed the lawns to the public because terrists, creating an additional bit of unintentional symbolism and spurring a protest on the last day the lawns were open. Said protest took the form of hundreds of people rolling down the hill.

this is good times imo

a: demonstrate your body in the locall window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

swamp waste posted:

That isa big deal because he's been waging a superviolent robocop style crackdown on drugs, while on drugs

Why did Filipinos elect this insane Judge Dredd rear end in a top hat

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Phlegmish posted:

Probably because, like most current countries, its population just seems to love electing a violent jackass and excuses all his hosed up behaviors no matter how extreme

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Probably because, like most current countries, its population just seems to love electing a violent jackass and excuses all his hosed up behaviors no matter how extreme

Say what you like about Trump but I don't think he's personally thrown people off the Trump Towet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yet.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Phlegmish posted:

Because neoliberal policies and politicians have made people desperate, and when people are desperate they will try anything to change the status quo.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Platystemon posted:

How do you question a parrot? Will the prosecutor be allowed to treat it as hostile?

How do you cross examine a parrot? :psyduck:

What I’m saying is that a parrot is more like a piece of evidence than a witness.

Let's hope the DA is a cracker

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

(full story)

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Let's hope the DA is a cracker

They'll have to do a Polygraph test.

Those brilliant, nefarious bastards!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Vince McMahon must be involved somehow.

Donald Trump literally just appointed Vince's wife Linda to be his Small Business Administrator so... the connection is already there

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o11B1JrBjAU

KrayG
Jul 20, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pensioner's Giant Cock Has Became a Tourist Attraction in Fife

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/pensioners-giant-cock-has-become-a-tourist-attraction-in-fife_uk_57ad8964e4b01f97d8f255fa

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Okay, so more interesting than that story, why did you register your account a year and a half ago, make one post, and then make all the rest of your posts on this day?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

trapped mouse posted:

Okay, so more interesting than that story, why did you register your account a year and a half ago, make one post, and then make all the rest of your posts on this day?

It's called a parachute account, idiot.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
Speaking of Florida Teen,

Florida teen texts mom to grab drugs from car after crash

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

For the that to mean that Mandela was an 800-year-old dildo collector you'd have to remove the word "a".

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

This one is old enough that even Wikipedia mentions it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_comma#Unresolved_ambiguity

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tiggum posted:

For the that to mean that Mandela was an 800-year-old dildo collector you'd have to remove the word "a".

Not always.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

When your band name has unfortunate punctuation:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess at least it wasn't the meme thread this time

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Sakurazuka posted:

I guess at least it wasn't the meme thread this time

It could be worse. It could be the schadenfreude thread.

Like I had.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

goddamnit

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Oxford comma changes nothing here.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Platystemon posted:

Oxford comma changes nothing here.

It would preclude Mandela from being a dildo collector but with the Oxford comma could still be read as "Highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela (who is an 800-year-old-demigod) and a dildo collector"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

It could be worse. It could be the schadenfreude thread.

Like I had.

Which thread is going to reveal to someone that Carrie Fisher died today?

It's this one.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

chitoryu12 posted:

Which thread is going to reveal to someone that Carrie Fisher died today?

It's this one.

The Star Citizen thread bummed out at least three posters so far with the news.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

quote:

Red Deer man punches cougar at Tim Hortons to save dog

[...]

"I could see the cougar going for him, so I got between him and the cougar and started swinging and screaming at it, and called for my brother and friend to come give a hand," Gibb said. "And then I reached down for the closest, biggest stick that I could find and I ran back into the trees to go fight the cougar."

Within minutes, both dogs were back in the safety of Gibb's truck, and the cat disappeared into the bush.

"I was surprised to hear that the owner took the quick action and it's probably what saved the dog's life in this case," said [RCMP] Sgt. Jack Poitras, who said the cougar was located in the woods nearby and killed. "I wouldn't recommend everybody wrassle with a cougar, but in this case it worked for the best."

:canada:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

quote:

As Sasha ran across the parking lot, the cougar fixed its eyes on Mongo, who was sniffing around at the edge of the nearby trees.

I love that the other dog was blithely unaware of the epic battle. And of course a dog like that would be named Mongo.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
"I wouldn't recommend everybody wrassle with a cougar, but in this case it worked for the best." has to be the best sentence ever spoken by a cop.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/sonarjose/status/815715694113333248

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Florida Man meet Florida Dog

Dog attacks Florida family trying to dress it in sweater, injuring 3

quote:

Police in Florida say an angry dog sent three people to the hospital after one tried to put a sweater on it.

The rest of the article isn't that great... http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/ct-dog-attacks-florida-family-sweater-20170102-story.html

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Zero One posted:

Florida Man meet Florida Dog

Dog attacks Florida family trying to dress it in sweater, injuring 3

The rest of the article isn't that great... http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/ct-dog-attacks-florida-family-sweater-20170102-story.html

The dog did nothing wrong.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Is this one of those UK papers that just makes things up?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

zakharov posted:

You repeat yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what bastion of journalist integrity do you live in then

zakharov posted:

the sunday sport is best considered "news-inspired", or "current-events-themed". they buy up photos from abroad and make up stories about the people in them jamming creme eggs up their rear end or something. subjects of the photos get a bit of cash, the people who buy the sunday sport get to imagine them performing sex acts on food, everybody wins