Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm almost glad he's not playing South Florida as I'm in London for when he plays there and I'm still celebrating my awesome timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Also Sellorekt/LA Dreams has a new one
https://ladreams.bandcamp.com/album/maxiom

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
got my tickets to Perturbator. looks like i'm going to have to get some for Carpenter Brut too.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Got my SF tickets. Glad it's a Friday night. Gonna drink like a maniac, maaaaniac that's for sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If it's a day ending in -ay, he usually has a new one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Also if you want to buy merch at the show do so early. They went pretty fast last time

Also expect a mosh pit

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fucks sake. Now i have to drive down goddamn i35 directly into austin during sxsw. Im gonna do it but i hope its worth it because there is no more an unpleasant journey in this state.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

basic hitler posted:

Fucks sake. Now i have to drive down goddamn i35 directly into austin during sxsw. Im gonna do it but i hope its worth it because there is no more an unpleasant journey in this state.

wouldnt that be everywhere outside of Austin according to the elites?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I mean like purely from the standpoint of driving. If you can afford Austin or you're on a sinking student loan debt prison at UT its a nice place. Ill probably have a good time when i get there but its a three hour drive unimpeded. And... Its impeded.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Man once again with the "multiple major artists, closest date is New York" post from SgtScruffy :(

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
gently caress yes, got tickets for Perturbator AND Carpenter Brut now. :cool:

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
I would go to the Perturbator show in NY but I have to go the wedding of my weird racist cousin I haven't seen in almost 5 years. I hate filial obligations.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Saw the Perturbator and Gost show in Helsinki a month and a half ago and it was awesome. Gost was really loving hype live.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Alan Smithee posted:

Also expect a mosh pit

yesssss :getin:

anyone excited about the kickstarter for a turbo killer / blood machine short film? I paid enough for the carpenter brut soundtrack and digital movie download.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I hope it raises enough for a feature. The turbo killer video is seriously crazy multilayered meanings and possibilities all for a 4 minute instrumental synthwave track. I want to see what they can do with a feature length movie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It can only be better than Kung Fury, after all.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

Also expect a mosh pit
Wow.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

basic hitler posted:

I hope it raises enough for a feature. The turbo killer video is seriously crazy multilayered meanings and possibilities all for a 4 minute instrumental synthwave track. I want to see what they can do with a feature length movie.

I am just really amazed at what they did with model cars and a green screen. There were no real cars in that video clip; blows my mind.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

EL BROMANCE posted:

It can only be better than Kung Fury, after all.

Psssst watch Turbo Kid

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shoehead posted:

Psssst watch Turbo Kid

Yeah watched it when it first came out, was pretty great.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
why do these fuckers only do shows in north america and some select locations in europe? Being a fan from australia is tough

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you're in Aus, you should listen to Synthetix FM. Rick is a good dude. http://www.synthetix.fm/?m=1

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also I screwed up and waited until I cleared out my UK credit card before buying my Carpenter Brut tickets, and naturally they sold out a day or two. So if anyone knows anyone who can't go for whatever reason, or sees someone selling - please let me know! My wife is calling me an idiot and I can't disagree with this assessment.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The PYF Descent into the Neon Underground thread descended into the archives so I'm gonna just mention this here.

Neon Drive is 5 bux on Steam right now and is a New Retro Wave soundtrack'd rhythim game that basically takes place inside a Kidmograph gif. Its hard as balls but awesome.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Man I have to say I'm disappointed that CB can't even make it over to Denver or something closer to me :(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Goooooooost

http://i.imgur.com/2wTlZYr.jpg

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Some duder jumped on stage and I thought it was part of the show and then three bouncers gave him the 86

Am about to be perturbated

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Perturbator absolutely killed in Boston Saturday night. They'll be finding bodies in skinny jeans and Pokemon belts for months to come.

Seriously though, he was great. I was in the Social Anxiety Section (rear end planted firmly against the back wall) all night and had a blast. Just a solid 75 straight minutes of awesome poo poo with no breaks.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Saw Carpenter Brut in Glasgow last night, was an awesome show and I loving loved every second of it. Definitely check him out if you can.

I also enjoyed the support act 'The Van Dammage' as well.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008

charismaslover posted:

Saw Carpenter Brut in Glasgow last night, was an awesome show and I loving loved every second of it. Definitely check him out if you can.

I also enjoyed the support act 'The Van Dammage' as well.

I was there too and initially didnt enjoy Van Dammage but they certainly grew on me by the end. Seeing Carpenter Brut live was something else!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Dance With the Dead B Sides is out, it's pretty sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4E4kjQIw6M

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Didn't see it in the list, but been listening to alot of Stellar Dream lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HoojaAUgS8

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Just realized no one mentioned Lazerhawk's new album, Dreamrider, came out recently.

https://lazerhawk.bandcamp.com/album/dreamrider

It's really slow and mellow compared to his previous releases.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hey while we are on the subject of Lazerhawk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpFR2sOFQcw

:v:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

drat Lazerhawk, getting paid

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
If anyone was interested, I just released my newest synthpop/synthwave album: https://2dcat.bandcamp.com/

It's more along the lines of FM-84 and Futurecop! than it is Lazerhawk or Perturbator... so not sure if most of the folks here would enjoy it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

2DCAT posted:

If anyone was interested, I just released my newest synthpop/synthwave album: https://2dcat.bandcamp.com/

It's more along the lines of FM-84 and Futurecop! than it is Lazerhawk or Perturbator... so not sure if most of the folks here would enjoy it.

Atlas is one of the best NRW albums ever so I'm definitely on board with listening to this if you're dropping FM-84 as an influence. Thanks!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
god drat GUNSHIP is loving great. Can't believe it took me this long to give their album a listen. And Carpenter Brut's remix of Tech Noir is sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Carpenter Brut's "Trilogy" is literally 76 seconds too long to burn to a CD. :negative: