Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Yeah, I haven't gone through much but so far playing on my Pixel is really almost no different than playing on my desktop (albeit a much smaller screen). Seems pretty nice.

Also am I an rear end in a top hat for playing a Haunting Scream deck? Because I kind of feel like one, but it has done well and I enjoy it so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

No Safe Word posted:

Also am I an rear end in a top hat for playing a Haunting Scream deck? Because I kind of feel like one, but it has done well and I enjoy it so :shrug:
I don't play it, but it seems totally reasonable if not tier 1. Why would you feel like an rear end in a top hat for playing it?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

It just feels really strong to the point where if you go off with it, it's hard to counter except via something like Harsh Rule but even then you have comeback mechanics. But it's a relatively cheap deck and I don't have a deep card library yet, so it does quite well.

This is the basic list I'm using, only I didn't have any Whispering Winds (nor did I feel like crafting them) so I threw in Mirror Images instead and they seem even better in some scenarios. I tried for something more card draw oriented at first (Second Sight) but it was too slow and so I cut it for Mirror Images.

And maybe it only feels really strong because I'm just at Silver in ranked anyway. But unless I get screwed on power/influence draws, I seem to be able to cycle/infiltrate my way to victory.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I just finished the campaign battles what's the best thing to do next?

sponszi
Dec 15, 2013

lazerwolf posted:

I just finished the campaign battles what's the best thing to do next?

If you feel confident in your drafting skills then Draft is probably the best use of gold (5000 for 4 packs, plus whatever you win). Otherwise Forge is a decent way to build up cards, it's probably not worth doing after hitting Master though.

As for Haunting Scream it's a cool deck but it can get wrecked super hard by silence. Desert Marshal and Steward of the Past both being very common cards in Constructed don't help. Also if you don't have removal Sandstorm Titan can shut the deck down pretty hard as well.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

I play Combrei Midrange because it's basically Jun(d/k)

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

ThePeavstenator posted:

I play Combrei Midrange because it's basically Jun(d/k)
Yeah, right down to the reliance on expensive mythics... err legendaries.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

standard.deviant posted:

Yeah, right down to the reliance on expensive mythics... err legendaries.

all i want is to cast wraths and have my best creature be an undercosted 5/6

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

ThePeavstenator posted:

all i want is to cast wraths and have my best creature be an undercosted 5/6
The new version with Talir is magical. Talir plus Vodakhan is amazing.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
Just tried this out yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. I went 4-1 in my placement matches and... ended up in Bronze 3? That seemed weird. My only loss was because I was playing a starter deck, after that loss I unlocked a theme deck (Elysian Wisdom) and had a 5 win streak after that. Since then I've been playing the Gauntlet to mixed results. I need to figure out a better deck I think and go from there.

I see the common wisdom is to draft asap? I'll probably try the Forge first, at least to use my free run. I'm reading a card guide which looks to be out of date? Which is giving me at least some idea of what the card pool looks like.

Also I think they had a booth at GenCon? But between being super busy and their logo looking incredibly generic I never made the time to check them out - now I'm hoping I didn't miss out on any promo loot...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gold Ranked, woo! Mostly off the back of Rakano Warcry and Combrei Fliers, but man it feels good.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Kyrosiris posted:

Gold Ranked, woo! Mostly off the back of Rakano Warcry and Combrei Fliers, but man it feels good.
Combrei Fliers? Valkyrie Enforcer and...?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

standard.deviant posted:

Combrei Fliers? Valkyrie Enforcer and...?

I think I saw the list on Numot's site, but it's a lot of fliers like Eager Owlet, Tinker Overseer, Valkyrie Overseer, Karmic Guardian, etc. backed up by anthems like Xenan Obelisk. It was one of their recommended "kinda budget but moving up past super budget stuff" decks at some point. Forget the actual article it's from though.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Kyrosiris posted:

I think I saw the list on Numot's site, but it's a lot of fliers like Eager Owlet, Tinker Overseer, Valkyrie Overseer, Karmic Guardian, etc. backed up by anthems like Xenan Obelisk. It was one of their recommended "kinda budget but moving up past super budget stuff" decks at some point. Forget the actual article it's from though.
Oh, flight school. Right.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
Tried my first draft today: 5-3.

Decided to do a second draft because I actually really enjoyed myself: 7-1.

This... this might be able to quench my love of cardboard draft.

(I'm also sure that this will get a lot more difficult as I approach higher ranks; these two only got me to low silver.)

e: I actually recorded it, so if there's any interest for that I'll upload those somewhere to share.

Anniversary fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 27, 2016

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
I can't tell if I'm just terrible at draft or flooding or power screw variance has just ruined my last two drafts. Went 1-3 and 2-3 my last two. Tried to go for what was open, kept a low curve, had a two color deck. Just had some close games that all too often I got flooded with sigils

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Spikes32 posted:

I can't tell if I'm just terrible at draft or flooding or power screw variance has just ruined my last two drafts. Went 1-3 and 2-3 my last two. Tried to go for what was open, kept a low curve, had a two color deck. Just had some close games that all too often I got flooded with sigils

Are you choosing how much power you're using during deck building? If you have more of an aggressive low cost deck, then it's important to use less power than average to avoid flooding.

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
the decks I've drafted have been very midrange, so I tried to stay middle of the road. That said, what is the ideal amount of power in a 45 card draft deck? And yes I've been setting my power in myself.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Spikes32 posted:

the decks I've drafted have been very midrange, so I tried to stay middle of the road. That said, what is the ideal amount of power in a 45 card draft deck? And yes I've been setting my power in myself.

17 or 18

Spikes32
Jul 25, 2013

Happy trees
17or 18? That's the same as a magic limited deck that only has 40 cards. Why the same number of 'lands'?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Anniversary posted:

e: I actually recorded it, so if there's any interest for that I'll upload those somewhere to share.

There's always an interest in content, it's not like Eternal has a massive fan presence. :)

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Spikes32 posted:

17or 18? That's the same as a magic limited deck that only has 40 cards. Why the same number of 'lands'?

I 'm just basing that off a draft guide I read when I first started, and it's worked out super well. If you need more power than you're not aggro enough.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I am convinced silencing a Shithead Titan is the best feeling in the game.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Spikes32 posted:

When you mulligan in this game you're guaranteed to get lands in your hand so you can use less than in mtg.

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.
Hello goons eternal! I've been playing this since November, and have been enjoying it a lot. It is is a lot like Magic; the two most noticeable differences being that I can actually find someone to play against, and it has cost me no dollars.

I am trying to rise through silver league with a Hooru Stories homebrew, and I am not sure what I should be doing to improve it. What is the usually the right number of Harsh Rule to use for weapon based control?
EDIT:okay, poo poo, I managed the play the 1x Auric Runehammer I had I think it is what I need.

And for that matter, what is the plan for the "enemy" "color" "pairs"? Is Champion of Order/Impulse/Fury/Vengeance/Mystery every going to be a thing, and so on.

say no to scurvy fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Dec 30, 2016

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

say no to scurvy posted:

And for that matter, what is the plan for the "enemy" "color" "pairs"? Is Champion of Order/Impulse/Fury/Vengeance/Mystery every going to be a thing, and so on.

Word is that they'll happen around the first set release, but I haven't much kept up with that. Can't speak for the Champions themselves, but we'll see some focus on the rest of the pairs for sure.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Someone posted this on Reddit and it sounds like my kind of sadistic brew garbage: http://www.eternaldecks.cards/deck/7jPxOPGu9Gyyi6UqGKiCIO

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Someone posted this on Reddit and it sounds like my kind of sadistic brew garbage: http://www.eternaldecks.cards/deck/7jPxOPGu9Gyyi6UqGKiCIO

It's cute but goddamn doing the same attrition thing for 40 moves in a row once you get the engine going is tedious as heck and a misclick could actually ruin it for you.

e: also there are ways around it of course, like Azindel's Gift, Pilfer, Cabal Recruiter, Rain of Frogs, etc.

No Safe Word fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 30, 2016

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Loving this game played all day and had a blast however does anyone else think though maybe add in some minions with Reach?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Is there a list of Goon Eternal accounts to friend?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Scarabrae+1605 in game feel free to add me

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Is there a list of Goon Eternal accounts to friend?

No list, but I could set up a google doc or something so we can post our names.

There's a few names posted around the thread too. And mine's in the OP

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Mine should either be on page one or two. I can't remember the number on it or I'd post it again haha.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Serperoth posted:

No list, but I could set up a google doc or something so we can post our names.

There's a few names posted around the thread too. And mine's in the OP
A google doc would be convenient

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
How many free drafts does a new account get?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYF-FJIK6FMFG65CGTG3LOOiVCK9IvFM7i-Aq6LXMb4/edit?usp=sharing

Not an expert with protection and stuff, so please don't do what we did in the private WoW server spreadsheet. :v:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Man this is the degenerate weird stuff I love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtbIYr6eb1A

Gonna have to build that deck

Borachon
Jun 15, 2011

Whiskey Powered
The same guy's "party shuffle" deck is equally janky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKYDvy7xLcg

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

No Safe Word posted:

Yeah, I haven't gone through much but so far playing on my Pixel is really almost no different than playing on my desktop (albeit a much smaller screen). Seems pretty nice.

I just started playing this ... a week ago, and through forge and gauntlet and a draft or two managed to put together a hilarious haunting scream deck. I was short shiftstone so I'm only running 2 Whispering Winds when I should probably play 4, I put 2 tricksters cloaks in their place. Nice to get your infiltrates off against ole sandy. You can probably play this without Direwood Beastcaller but it's such a loving beating when you connect with one. Dark Returning a screamed unit feels real dirty though, I agree.

Speaking of dirty things, West Wind herald looping Mirror Image to make another West Wind Herald has been the funniest thing I've done in a draft so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
Been grinding ranked a bit the last few days after some miserable draft performances and was surprised to see this weirdly super aggressive, seemingly mono-fire deck that just pulls wins out of nowhere. From what I can tell it looks like its probably this thing that got posted on reddit (which isn't actually mono-fire at all):
code:
Warhelm x4
Finest Hour x4
Inspire x4
Oni Ronin x4
Torch x4
Brazen Daredevil x4
Crownwatch Paladin x4
Rakano Outlaw x4
Rampage x3
Censari Brigand x4
Sword of Icaria x4
Valkyrie Enforcer x4
Hammer of Might x3
Rakano Banner x4
Seat of Glory x4
Fire Sigil x9
Justice Sigil x8

lazerwolf posted:

How many free drafts does a new account get?
No drafts. You get one free Forge and a quest for a Diamond chest on completing your first draft (which is worth ~2k gold, a pack, and a card.) I think if you were in the closed beta you might've gotten a free draft?