Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Tokamak posted:

There's always one goon who touches the poop

That's one of the dangers of being poop when venturing into goon territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Madcosby posted:

My gimmick is that i point out the endless hypocrisy in the thread and laugh more at goons trying their hardest to hate everything cig does than i laugh at Roberts.

How much are you in for comando?

Also, i dont have friends in cig but i do talk to someone who works there, and she says goons (people registered in the goon guild on their forums) have spent 55k since 2013.

Lol

Was sitting on that for a few months. Happy new years

Ask your not-a-friend-but-someone-who-tells-you-about-the-inner-workings-of-CIG-for-reasons if they can provide the list of SA posters who have spent money on star citizen spaceships and torpedoes. We need to hunt down and silence these awful rebels. We must be of one mind, one opinion as dictated by Overlord Smart.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I can't believe goons have spent almost $20k a year on Star Citizen! Idiot hypocrites!

oh wait, I totally can because every single month there's three more posts about getting refunds.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Madcosby posted:

My gimmick is that i point out the endless hypocrisy in the thread and laugh more at goons trying their hardest to hate everything cig does than i laugh at Roberts.

Also, i dont have friends in cig but i do talk to someone who works there, and she says goons (people registered in the goon guild on their forums) have spent 55k since 2013.

Lol

thank you for giving us some concrete information that goons have refunded over $100,000 from their $150,000+ peak of stupidity

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

please stop harassing people on twitter or my friend will access your purchase history.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mr.PayDay posted:

Afaik he is just quoting from Reddit and RSI Citizens without sourcing the posts he quotes

Man, that explains so much.

As an unrelated aside, I hate when people do this. It's confusing and obnoxious.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Actually, it owns

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Libluini posted:

Man, that explains so much.

As an unrelated aside, I hate when people do this. It's confusing and obnoxious.

:thejoke:

I hope he/she never stops. The breaks they take between doing it are perfect and somebody always bites.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Madcosby posted:

Lol

K not sure how well "how can i harass her she has me blocked" works in court, but posting mae demming tickler stuff on any hashtag associated with sc or any hashtag you think sandi has used is harrasment. Keep up yur masterstroke of "she has me banned how i harass"

Exactly the laughs i was talking about

I was promised legal action over this too:

You're just a tease.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Combat Pretzel posted:

Like it wouldn't have been economically more viable to mocap some kids on the street and have these guys just voice over it?

Money well spent I guess.

Chris Roberts wanted to play director. You can't direct A-level talent by having some scrub professional mocap team do all the work and then get a voiceover done. That's stupid and not at all how professionals do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBxD2weBe-o

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

HycoCam posted:

FREE private servers were never mentioned. Just Private Servers. If private servers ever did become a thing, the first thing CIG would claim is the database and the like are too complicated/too proprietary to distribute so players will need to rent seats on a private server. i.e. it is your server, but you pay CIG a hosting fee.

But like all things CIG and Star Citizen--dreams. There will never be private servers for a game that will never exist.

I can't believe I'm arguing about this but what they promised was that people could host their own servers for others to play on and connect to. Literally the very first bit of information after the logo on the kickstarter page:

quote:

Real quick, Star Citizen is:

• A rich universe focused on epic space adventure, trading and dogfighting in first person.
  • Single Player – Offline or Online(Drop in / Drop out co-op play)
  • Persistent Universe (hosted by US)
  • Mod-able multiplayer (hosted by YOU)
  • No Subscriptions
  • No Pay to Win

So no, renting servers absolutely will not qualify as what they sold.

While I agree you are right about what will end up happening (if anything) they definitely sold the game with the claim for players to host their own modable servers, not rent servers hosed by someone else.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sum Mors posted:

:thejoke:

I hope he/she never stops. The breaks they take between doing it are perfect and somebody always bites.

Well, it's a dumb joke. On the other hand, those guys are brave, because my first reaction to this kind of thing is to assume the poster is an idiot. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, kudos to guys like him for looking like an idiot on the internet for our entertainment.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Libluini posted:

Well, it's a dumb joke. On the other hand, those guys are brave, because my first reaction to this kind of thing is to assume the poster is an idiot. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. So, kudos to guys like him for looking like an idiot on the internet for our entertainment.
R u ok commando?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Madcosby posted:

Lol

just because you had an exchange with the recent hire community rep out of Austin doesn't qualify as "I talk to someone who works there"

That's like me saying "Yea I got Brad Pitt's autograph we are pretty much drinking buddies now"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Tokamak posted:

There's always one goon who touches the poop

I'd nominate Assraper420 to be this threads official poop toucher, I'd imagine he would be use to it being a weed smoking bum burglar - and a goon

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

I'm pretty sure it was tbh, Kikkelivelho seems really good at it and I quite enjoy his posts. :)

Unfortunately, as twisted as his posts are, he can never truly live up to the idiocy that is Star Citizen. Not truly.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not.....

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ripptide posted:

Unfortunately, as twisted as his posts are, he can never truly live up to the idiocy that is Star Citizen. Not truly.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not.....

It's a good thing. Just imagine the insanity that would have had to have taken hold to truly replicate it.

The horror. :negative:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Madcosby posted:

have spent 55k since 2013.

Lol

Surprised it was that low, a few years back I was hearing numbers of 300-450k before the refunds and the general tide turn.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Hey, Derrek. Go gently caress yourself. I like when you give good info, but most of it is just rehashed bullshit. Also, don't dox me pls

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chocobo posted:

Wait. Who is this and why does she look so much like Sandi?

Please, did someone keep a copy of "Mae's Kampf"? I can't believe I didn't and good luck looking for it in the 6665 pages thread. :smith:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Unattributed quote

Source

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 27, 2016

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
It's hilarious how the cultists' new rallying cry is "The engine transition went well! Chris said so!" to distract themselves from the fact that CIG showed essentially nothing for an entire year aside from a couple mocked up demos.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Thread is getting loving creepy again. First talking about calling Croberts phone (holy gently caress), now photoshopping him into murder photos.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sickening posted:

Thread is getting loving creepy again. First talking about calling Croberts phone (holy gently caress), now photoshopping him into murder photos.

I considered calm.jpeg but felt this was more highbrow.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sickening posted:

Beginning to think it's a response to the constant people saying "stop being creepy" when nothing creepy is happening.

I guess if you're gonna be called creepy either way, might as well do the crime?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802260

I also considered doing something with this theme but since I've been posting in that thread it felt repetitive.

You can add me to the "sends death threats to russian diplomats / games developers" list.

e: edited for less funny photoshops of corpses in the "make fun of a video game thread", just go to the thread, it has some great stuff

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 27, 2016

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Just pointing out that even FAU likes that thread.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyTolradi posted:

That thread has some loving gold in it.

e: edited for less funny photoshops of corpses in the "make fun of a video game thread", just go to the thread, it has some great stuff

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 27, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

CrazyTolradi posted:

hosed up if true

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

As someone who's actual (certified) job is to build underlying infrastructure for cloud architecture that guy is full of poo poo and has no idea the massive amount of systems underlying to make AWS so easy for the end user along with the limitations AWS provides as well. Not only that the guy probably glorifies standing up a lamp stack to throw a chat app on and calls it "infrastructure"

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
So. Finally caught up with the thread. Reading off and on from the beach.

Holy poo poo this show just gets better.

Theagent eightace and Derek have no legitimate sources.

Moma appears to actually have a source.

Some of you guys are still in a dire need of taking a break from this thread.

2.6 is actually out.

There's always more and it's always worse.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Yes the seats, engine, and wheels in my Focus are identical to those parts found in a Cadillac or a Lamborghini.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

serious question, was the in-game clothing store part of any of the stretch goals or proposed features, or did cig just take it upon themselves to add it to the scope?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure if this is :nws: so I'm linking it just in case. I call it The Birth of Star Marine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

flyboi posted:

As someone who's actual (certified) job is to build underlying infrastructure for cloud architecture that guy is full of poo poo and has no idea the massive amount of systems underlying to make AWS so easy for the end user along with the limitations AWS provides as well. Not only that the guy probably glorifies standing up a lamp stack to throw a chat app on and calls it "infrastructure"
Yes, but do you understand game development?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

BeefThief posted:

serious question, was the in-game clothing store part of any of the stretch goals or proposed features, or did cig just take it upon themselves to add it to the scope?

It wasn't. Neither was star marine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

MeLKoR posted:

Not sure if this is :nws: so I'm linking it just in case. I call it The Birth of Star Marine.

I don't think it's nws so much as very creepy.