Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Merry Christmas, mod thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

there's so much going on here, I don't know what to do a full body cringe about first.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I've been trying to wrap my brain around that for a while and I just realised that's a pacifier in its mouth.

Gonna stop trying to understand it now.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
In case people just looked at the picture: That mod are some eye texture replacers. The author felt that picture was the best way to showcase their mod.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
perfecting the "anime waifu drugged into submission" look is very serious business in most large modding communities.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

perfecting the "anime waifu drugged into submission" look is very serious business in most large modding communities.

Yet somehow they all overshoot and land at an expression begging for a merciful release. :shepicide:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yet somehow they all overshoot and land at an expression begging for a merciful release. :shepicide:

faces that beg for death just add to the verisimilitude

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
:nws:Oh what, someone's making a talking Deathclaw mod? Let's take a look a-:nws: :blush:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
that's hot

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The new Overwatch character looks weird.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

At least it's not human-looking like that Deathclaw hybrid mod.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Pros: Their facial expression is less abject horror at their own existence, along with being given a nice proper weapon for the Boston wasteland :toughguy:
Cons: Put a drat shirt on, lady.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Section Z posted:

Pros: Their facial expression is less abject horror at their own existence, along with being given a nice proper weapon for the Boston wasteland :toughguy:

I dunno, it looks more like "I'm gonna find the fucker that created me and club'em with this loving bat" to me.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Nice goggles.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

If she put a robe on, she kinda looks like she might try to make me some Butterscotch-Cinnamon Pie.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
That is somehow less horrifying than a lot of the abominations here, but the shaders/textures/normalmap/something needs tweaked to make that look less like a rubber suit. Or maybe that's just the modder's fetish? Either way,

Section Z posted:

Put a drat shirt on, lady.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Shady Amish Terror posted:

That is somehow less horrifying than a lot of the abominations here, but the shaders/textures/normalmap/something needs tweaked to make that look less like a rubber suit. Or maybe that's just the modder's fetish? Either way,

Frankly the fact it's not covered in oil is a refreshing change from the usual horrors from this thread.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007

Internet Friend posted:

Frankly the fact it's not covered in oil is a refreshing change from the usual horrors from this thread.

That's also fair.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's not a horrified anime fuckdoll, so it's already miles ahead.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
http://hoover1979.deviantart.com/gallery/59360732/UltraHD-Doom-Texture-work

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Bold move to change the radioactive waste to chopped-up lime gelatin.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I don't remember this Ninja Turtle character. Is this from the comics?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's funny, the part that really bugs me is tits on a reptile. It's a nice change that it doesn't have that look of existential horror on its face too. That means I rate it only a little mouth-vomit/10.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

That picture made me think "Who the gently caress took my shirt?" when I saw it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

aniviron posted:

It's funny, the part that really bugs me is tits on a reptile. It's a nice change that it doesn't have that look of existential horror on its face too. That means I rate it only a little mouth-vomit/10.

Lizard tits is a time-honored tradition in games modding. It's probably the Elder Scrolls series' fault more than anything.

Somebody even wrote a play about it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: The Part That Bugs Me Is Lizard Tits

In all honesty, though, it speaks volumes that the deathclaw is expressing an emotion other than "my soul is a void, grant me the sweet release of death" and is not generating lens flare from every inch of her body. It's sure someone's fetish, but somehow they put more effort into it than 99% of the Anime Waifus out there.

I'm not sure if that makes it more or less awful.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Are you saying furries > anime?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Are you saying furries > anime?

Deathclaws are lizards, so technically it would be "scalies".

Edit: I don't know if that's a thing, but if it is, they shouldn't be.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Who cares!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Careful what you ask about in this thread.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I know what scalies are, but I haven't heard someone seriously try to delineate them as separate from furries in like a decade.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I know only what google tells me in this matter, thankfully.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

loving goddamnit, it is a thing. I should have known.

Is there a word for wanting to gently caress anthropomorphic jellyfish, too? Insects? aaaaaa

Edit: On second thought, don't answer that.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 28, 2016

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

SplitSoul posted:

Is there a word for wanting to gently caress anthropomorphic jellyfish, too? Insects? aaaaaa

Knowing nothing about it, I am dead certain that there are distressingly specific words for wanting to gently caress the anthropomorphic version of anything.

Orv
May 4, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Is there a word for wanting to gently caress anthropomorphic jellyfish, too?

Bioware.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Orv posted:

Bioware.

Fornax is a respectable publication and I thank you not to besmirch its good name in the galaxy-wide interspecies erotic industry. Furthermore, :goonsay:

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
Boy you're going to be upset once you find out what an 'aeromorph' is.

...though now I'm quite frankly shocked I've never seen THAT in a mod.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Bunch of babies

I love that the names listed under 'well known scaly artists' are the most generic reptile-referential conventions and then there is just "Chris Sawyer"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Magmarashi posted:

I love that the names listed under 'well known scaly artists' are the most generic reptile-referential conventions and then there is just "Chris Sawyer"
In case someone was wondering, that's not Chris Sawyer of Rollercoaster Tycoon/Transport Tycoon/Locomotion fame but just some random dude. I had to click on the link to check :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

loving goddamnit, it is a thing. I should have known.

Edit: On second thought, don't answer that.

Buggery.