Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Project sketch:

I like digital synthesizers and want to make my ownish design. This arduino-compatible has some interesting features and has the capabilities needed for some pretty cool processing:

However, I also want to be able to turn knobs and push buttons and stuff to adjust the sound. Making a functional keyboard from tactile switches is absolutely possible but I've thought of a dumber solution: buy one of these cheap chinese toy keyboards and mod the keys into input:

$1.50:

$5:

$10:

Now that's so cheap it almost feels stupid. I've bought one of each of these little plastic miracles, will let you know how it works out

This looks like an interesting idea. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX7gFl7xnOE

Seasons greetings

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

BigMouthSingers posted:

I think we're missing the woods for the trees. Lumberyard may well be have been easy to join with starengine, but there must be a significant amount of custom platform scaffolding unrelated to the engine that means the jig is up for their devops guys.

Something just doesn't add up. StarEngine supposedly has vast custom improvements like 64-bit precision, yet it only took a short time to get the whole game working on Lumberyard? It seems to me, either all their changes were isolated to a few objects/classes or they never made any significant changes.

Looking at the documentation, I can't even tell if you can make changes to the base engine; if somehow you can't, that would be incredibly damning to their StarEngine story.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

In dutch they're called "blauwe Rus", blue Russian.

Chartreux and Russian Blues are different breeds, though their coats are very similar. Chartreux are sturdier than Russian Blues.

#StarCatizen

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQYbyZvkM2c

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXjgJ9P71PY

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Chin posted:

As evidenced by him getting Citcon completely wrong.

Yeah that thing was a train wreck, but a source would have told them they were trying to get so and so out.

Which lends credence to:

HycoCam posted:

About 50 pages back someone figured out MoMa's source is none other than Chris Roberts, himself. Which would explain why he is wrong so often.

If any of the goons have actual sources its by someone(s) so low level they aren't even privy to an engine change which is pretty freaking hilarious.
But if this thread has taught me anything it's probably that they got nothing. Cause its a complete poo poo show all the way down.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

equivalent easter egg in star citizen would cost 15k in mo-cap and actors.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Lladre posted:

Yeah that thing was a train wreck, but a source would have told them they were trying to get so and so out.

Which lends credence to:

If any of the goons have actual sources its by someone(s) so low level they aren't even privy to an engine change which is pretty freaking hilarious.
But if this thread has taught me anything it's probably that they got nothing. Cause its a complete poo poo show all the way down.

More than likely is that there has been no engine change, and this is just a boondoggle to prep citizens for the upcoming engine changes.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

DogonCrook posted:

I dont know where you got the impression that it troubles me at all to laugh at you.

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Sandweed posted:

I made a new friend

Her name is Sombra.

omg switch!!

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
New Year's eve in the stimpire is the most sickening holiday yet devised. All citizens must inject their gonads with a single pain-causing bacteria that is drug resistant. For each millimeter the ball drops closer to midnight the bacterial population divides. The total height the ball must drop is 42 meters.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

WhyteRyce posted:

The amount of people trivializing a git merge has me :(

Not just you. Several folks.
As someone mentioned before even upgrading your development software a version can cause all sorts of poo poo breaking.

TheAgent posted:

everyone I knew or drank with is now long, long gone. the best I currently have are 4th or 5th hand rumors

You were a lot more fun to read when you would just post the rumors and not try to bait Moma.

This thread doesn't seem to realize how silly it looked trying to justify 2.6 getting out.
People should go back 500 pages and re read the last few days again. It is hilarious.

It's all comedy to me, keep doing what you're doing.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Chunjee posted:

Something just doesn't add up. StarEngine supposedly has vast custom improvements like 64-bit precision, yet it only took a short time to get the whole game working on Lumberyard? It seems to me, either all their changes were isolated to a few objects/classes or they never made any significant changes.

Looking at the documentation, I can't even tell if you can make changes to the base engine; if somehow you can't, that would be incredibly damning to their StarEngine story.
Star Citizen: something just doesn't add up.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Chunjee posted:

https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/faq/

I guess the shitizen fantasies about CIG licensing out its custom revolutionary engine are dashed.

quote:

Q. Can I take Lumberyard and make my own game engine and distribute it?

No. While you may maintain an internal version of Lumberyard that you have modified, you may not distribute that modified version in source code form, or as a freestanding game engine to third parties. You also may not use Lumberyard to distribute your own game engine, to make improvements to another game engine, or otherwise compete with Lumberyard or Amazon GameLift.

What about any situation where sharing source code might be beneficial?

quote:

Q: Can I redistribute source code modifications to Lumberyard?

Yes, you can redistribute up to 50 lines of source code, on forums (including the official Lumberyard contribution forum), or elsewhere. You may also share modifications with your contractors and publishers working on your game, as set out in the Service Terms. Otherwise, you may not release Lumberyard engine source code.

50 lines of code. lol

quote:

Q. Where can I tell you about my Lumberyard game?

Please register your Lumberyard project here https://aws.amazon.com/gamedev/contact-us/ before it is released.

Crobbler has a while to let them know on that one.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

XK posted:

50 lines of code. lol
Croberts can easily do 50 lines in one sitting.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Have the citizens discovered yet that lumberyard isn't for mmos or any game with persistence?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gradis posted:

then read something else and meltdown there bendon

poo poo like this is :reddit: as poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SelenicMartian posted:

He's a grizzled veteran, a couple of hours during the night, tops.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I guess 50 lines of code means the end of BugSmashers.

They've claimed this transition has been going on for a year, but they've had multiple episodes of BugSmashers. Have they already broken this term?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SelenicMartian posted:

Code or coke?

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

DigitalMocking posted:

Have the citizens discovered yet that lumberyard isn't for mmos or any game with persistence?

They believe Croberts has been working on a networking Cheezus patch (3.0) non-stop over the holiday break. It will revolutionize computer games for decades when released. It meshes cloud servers into instances dynamically, and in high fidelity. It's basically physicalized virtual server farms. Amazing tech.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

Not just you. Several folks.
As someone mentioned before even upgrading your development software a version can cause all sorts of poo poo breaking.

You were a lot more fun to read when you would just post the rumors and not try to bait Moma.

This thread doesn't seem to realize how silly it looked trying to justify 2.6 getting out.
People should go back 500 pages and re read the last few days again. It is hilarious.

It's all comedy to me, keep doing what you're doing.
there's a lot of care going on

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

I appreciate that the holidays can be a stressful time but this is just a dumb thread about a stupid non-game that's scamming gullible idiots. You really don't need to have a breakdown here about it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

DigitalMocking posted:

Only Gamelift isn't designed for persistence. There is nothing stopping you from using other Amazon services to run persistent servers.

XK posted:

I guess 50 lines of code means the end of BugSmashers.

Showing code on a screen in a video isn't exactly the kind of redistribution they are worried about. You'll also have to get Amazon or Crytek lawyers to give a poo poo.

quote:

You also may not use Lumberyard to distribute your own game engine, to make improvements to another game engine, or otherwise compete with Lumberyard or Amazon GameLift.

Now this might be a problem depending on how it is phrased in the actual License.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

I appreciate that the holidays can be a stressful time but this is just a dumb thread about a stupid non-game that's scamming gullible idiots. You really don't need to have a breakdown here about it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Tokamak posted:

You'll also have to get Amazon or Crytek lawyers to give a poo poo.

This is true. I doubt they would care all that much about code showing up in some dumb CIG video.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Have you considered just not reading this thread? You don't seem to be enjoying it.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010

The Titanic posted:

First you need to get through the souls of the dead and sharks. Then maybe you can have some crabs.

this is like the 3rd time some random goon has popped in to talk about your sex life. where you involved in some goon orgy or something??

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Have you considered just not reading this thread? You don't seem to be enjoying it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MilesK posted:

They're still adding stretch goals.

So when they say "adding thousands of lines of code" are they just laughing now? Or was this the old version? Or the new version?

My Lumbarjank is acting funny and I need a good massage with some wild hands. I think Chris could seriously get into massage with those hands.

"Tell me about your ideas, Chris!" *hands go wild* "Ahhh yeah, right there! The backers will never know!"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Look! A Horse! posted:

this is like the 3rd time some random goon has popped in to talk about your sex life. where you involved in some goon orgy or something??

James Cameron drove his submersible right into her, recorded the whole thing, and publicly released a movie about it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lladre posted:

how so

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, should we yell Timber! every time CIG fails now?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'd settle for replacing "commando" with "lumberjack"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
WTF is going on, did everyone eat ergot contaminated gingerbread?

Why is everyone so stressed less than a week after such a Chrismas miracle?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

WTF is going on, did everyone eat ergot contaminated gingerbread?

Why is everyone so stressed less than a week after such a Chrismas miracle?

Overdosing is never a joke, even if it's an overdose of joke development.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

MilesK posted:

They're still adding stretch goals.

What the hell was mega map?

edit: And was it in their lovely open roadmap/ Gantt charts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Ok, so yeah, they might be doing better on the engine front. They might even get functioning net code. So what?

This does nothing to balance out all the other fuckery they have to deal with. One look at the checks that Crobberts wrote with his mouth and stretch goals will tell you how hosed they still are. No design documents. No gameplay foundation. Not even attempts at balancing the ships. Non-existant flight model. 140 million dollars of pre-sold commodities that will utterly wreck any attempt to create a functioning economy. A (relatively) tiny player base that can never sustain continued operations. Mo-cap reshoots that apparently still are ongoing.

Merry christmas, CIG! May you see another!