Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

who the gently caress would want an olive garden?

No kidding. If you're gonna have to get a chain Italian joint, at least get a Maggianos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

Doob don't like it.

Rock the Costco.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

who the gently caress would want an olive garden?

Why not? Its decent food.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

TheLightPurges posted:

Why not? Its decent food.

Agreed, people love to act like the little local place isn't just busting open boxes and cans from Sysco too.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it depends where you live. if youre in a medium to large city theres really no excuse to eat at a middle tier chain restaurant in fact they dont exist in the city limits where im at because they cant compete

it's mediocre italian food it might be considered good if it were cheaper

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I mean Olive garden food is edible but it's really not cheap at all.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

thathonkey posted:

it's mediocre italian food it might be considered good if it were cheaper

See, this is the honest truth and then there is me being an Italian.

I can make better sauce and salad.

It would be like offering a rancher a frozen chuck steak.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Glazier posted:

Agreed, people love to act like the little local place isn't just busting open boxes and cans from Sysco too.

bruh Olive Garden literally stopped using salt in their cooking so as to save some costs on long term maintenance/replacement of cookware

salt

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Glazier posted:

At least the money spent on the local place probably stays local. It'll stick around the local economy a lot closer than any Olive Garden profits will, anyhow.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Moridin920 posted:

bruh Olive Garden literally stopped using salt in their cooking so as to save some costs on long term maintenance/replacement of cookware

salt

It's the only restaurant I've ever sent the food back. Meatball sandwich came out still frozen

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyvHERp4hss

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

goodness posted:

It's the only restaurant I've ever sent the food back. Meatball sandwich came out still frozen

I'd just loving walk out if that happened, Jesus

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Moridin920 posted:

salt

I worked at one almost 20 years ago and there was a rule about how many pepperoncinis (peppers) you could put in a salad based on how many people were at the table.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Moridin920 posted:

salt

Do they not have salt on the tables where you live? If so, then yes that is a terrible restaurant.

The Cubelodyte posted:

At least the money spent on the local place probably stays local. It'll stick around the local economy a lot closer than any Olive Garden profits will, anyhow.

Biggest cost is labor.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Sry for.the Olive Garden derail in the Costco thread. I will self-probate myself for six hours.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Glazier posted:

Do they not have salt on the tables where you live? If so, then yes that is a terrible restaurant.

I'm not going to get into a whole 'how to cook' thing here but bro table salt is not sufficient replacement for proper seasoning.

If you're not salting your pasta water you're doing it wrong. Period.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Moridin920 posted:

I'm not going to get into a whole 'how to cook' thing here but bro table salt is not sufficient replacement for proper seasoning.

Guess I just have no taste :shrug:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Moridin920 posted:

You shouldn't tell people what to do and what to like. It makes you look arrogant. Definitely not in the Costco thread.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

Doob don't like it.

The Cubelodyte posted:

Rock the Costco.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
MISSED CONNECTION

Your cart: rotisserre chicken, 3 boxes of milk, 1 frozen 5 lb. bag of broccoli
My cart: rotisserre chicken, chicken thigh pack, 36 eggs

We met in the refrigerator section. You had your head in the fridge, getting out the Kirkland Signature greek yogurt. I waited, as I needed to grab a twin pack of yogurt, too. You held the door open, looked at my cart, then looked at me. We nodded at each other knowingly. This was the place to get great deals on macros.

If you ever need a spotter at the gym, respond with the color of my costco freezer bag

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The guy handing out the holiday meatballs in Kirkland sauce wasn't ready for the holiday stampeders, I think he died in my place.

RIP, meatball guy.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
My dad told me that my 88 year old grandpa went to Costco today (2 days before Christmas) and it took him half an hour to get out of the parking lot.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Male Tears posted:

My dad told me that my 88 year old grandpa went to Costco today (2 days before Christmas) and it took him half an hour to get out of the parking lot.

old people suck

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Hed posted:

MISSED CONNECTION

Your cart: rotisserre chicken, 3 boxes of milk, 1 frozen 5 lb. bag of broccoli
My cart: rotisserre chicken, chicken thigh pack, 36 eggs

We met in the refrigerator section. You had your head in the fridge, getting out the Kirkland Signature greek yogurt. I waited, as I needed to grab a twin pack of yogurt, too. You held the door open, looked at my cart, then looked at me. We nodded at each other knowingly. This was the place to get great deals on macros.

If you ever need a spotter at the gym, respond with the color of my costco freezer bag

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Male Tears posted:

28 minutes of that was him backing out of his space though

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
The red snapper I bought from Costco was gutted, but not scaled. Who would want the scales??

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

shoophobo posted:

The red snapper I bought from Costco was gutted, but not scaled. Who would want the scales??

At those prices, who wouldn't!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

You shouldn't tell people what to do and what to like. It makes you look arrogant. Definitely not in the Costco thread.

Bro if you aren't salting your pasta water you are doing it wrong.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Moridin920 posted:

Bro if you aren't salting your pasta water you are doing it wrong.

Thats your opinion man

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol if you think cooking is some kind of art full of opinions and free spirits. Art doesn't exist. It's all hard science, and the best are so especially skilled and drilled in the rules that they can make fools think art is happening.

Like you think the dude wrapping his polish up in his pizza slice is some fatlord savant, but he's hitting all the basic rules of culinary excellence.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Lol if you think cooking is some kind of art full of opinions and free spirits. Art doesn't exist. It's all hard science, and the best are so especially skilled and drilled in the rules that they can make fools think art is happening.

Like you think the dude wrapping his polish up in his pizza slice is some fatlord savant, but he's hitting all the basic rules of culinary excellence.

Cooking is art.

Baking is science.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

FogHelmut posted:

fatlord savant

mods

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
A god drat hot dog and soda of your choice with free refills for loving $1.50!!!!

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Chinatown posted:

A god drat hot dog and soda of your choice with free refills for loving $1.50!!!!

When the hotdog company tried to raise prices on them, they went "gently caress you" and bought their own hot dog company

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Chinatown posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

welcome to Costco, I love you

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Chinatown posted:

:eyepop:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Chinatown posted:

proof that america is already great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Costco should just create a side bar area and put up their TVs to show the sports games and serve hard drinks at discounted prices and in bulk along with the food. "I'll have a shor....uhh...give me the 56 liter Christmas Ale and a pack of your 5 whole Turkeys in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. Yes I'm here by myself. Churro for dessert."