Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Meanwhile, over at the international community...

Random cultist wrote:

quote:

I am amazed with what is going on with this game. When a patch gets delayed, when a live stream disappoints, when they make mistakes... they get all kinds of harsh criticisms, is it a scam to get money, is it going too slow, this or that... And then the patch comes out and the world gets amazed. It happened with 0.8 (Arena Commander), it happened with the 2.0 (PU)... it has just happened now with the 2.6 FPS and it will happen aswell with 3.0... and with the ones after that, until the game is gold. People have little patience and above all, not much memory. We can not complaint about not having enough information, and those who are not informed about what this game is going to be is because he/she is an autist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

Meanwhile, over at the international community...

Random cultist wrote:

I think the "world" has better things to do than pay an SC patch attention, did like the random "well those who don't follow it are autists" at the end though, lovely people the fan boys are. :D

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Carrie Fisher has died and 2016 isn't over yet. Everyone's terrified 2016 will strike again before it's over.

The Stimpire Strikes Back.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Every year wounds,
The last year kills.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I bought Kerbal Space Program for $13 the other day. Feels like it will be a better investment in the long run than backing SC.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I set a $20 on fire and used it to light a cigarette the other day. Feels like it will be a better investment in the long run than backing SC.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I bought Kerbal Space Program for $13 the other day. Feels like it will be a better investment in the long run than backing SC.

Congrats on buying a real completed space game with real space physics thats made with a good game engine.

Unfortunately they dont sell any spaceship.jpgs though.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I just bought Astroneer, looks quite cool and chill. :)

Need something calm after the outright chaos of Xmas and seeing too many cool people drop this year.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

KM Scorchio posted:

The existence a thread full of bored nerds taking about a game that doesn't even exist on a dead gay comedy website full of equally pointless shitposting regarding every possible inane topic, itself residing in a forgotten corner of an internet overflowing with irrelevant garbage spewed forth by faceless legions of despicable morons is really upsetting my delicate sensibilities.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

EverySAthread.txt

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

KM Scorchio posted:

Lets not descend into casual racism here.

I'm not a breedist, but...

AlbieQuirky posted:

Chartreux and Russian Blues are different breeds, though their coats are very similar. Chartreux are sturdier than Russian Blues.

#StarCatizen
I honestly have no idea how much of what she is. I adopted her from a shelter and she's weird as hell. So she's perfect for me.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 27, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Play it on the full career mode where you have to manage your money and science. It's super fun and it gives you goals that generally make sense given your experience level and it limits your parts so that by the time you have everything unlocked you'll know what everything does and you won't be using parts that aren't really appropriate for what you're trying to do.

Also, make it to the Mun and back manually and then for everything after that use Mechjeb.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

That's a work of art.

I'm sticking to my guns that they are not making it past late February.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

scrubs season six posted:

Also, make it to the Mun and back manually and then for everything after that use Mechjeb.

Most people build stuff just so they can watch Jeb freak out.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm not a breedist, but...
I honestly have no idea how much of what she is. I adopted her from a shelter and she's weird as hell. So she's perfect for me.

Assuming you live in the US, it's probably a generic cat. The "blue" / silver coat color isn't restricted to any special breed, and the vast majority of cats are just domestic cats whatever their superficial looks.

(Also it may be coincidence, but every silver cat I've ever encountered has been pretty weird and more than a little hyper. So prepare yourself for a lifetime of pouncing!)

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010

The Titanic posted:

No. :ohdear:

It's a cheesy Titanic (the ship) gimmick I play with now and then. I don't dictate to people how they want to run with it, I just set up the jokes for them.

well i heard you only use protection like a 1/3 of the time...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lladre posted:

That's a work of art.

I'm sticking to my guns that they are not making it past late February.

How d'you figure that? They've got more than (what should be) enough cash this fall to make it far into next year at least.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I see they added aliens, take THAT haters.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BTD9sZg0iQ

Scott "impartial" Manly gives his opinion on 2.6

:allears:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

No. :ohdear:

It's a cheesy Titanic (the ship) gimmick I play with now and then. I don't dictate to people how they want to run with it, I just set up the jokes for them.

Samizdata posted:

Man, stop harassing her. I know she goes down easily enough, but let's not shame.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 27, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Stop spreading FUD :colbert:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

These people are so brokebrained they have to hold hands and keep themselves in a hug pit and begin echoing their distaste for ANYONE not associated with the 'Star Citizen is my life' reassuring kum-ba-yah circle jerk. All dissenters and naysayers will be hung publicly. Scott Manley, you're always welcome here, buddy. Even if you love star citizen and have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in it, at least we won't try and cost you business, tarnish your reputation, and question your integrity.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
drat "Lumberyard" is a dumb name for a game engine, or indeed anything that isn't an actual yard with wood in it. Even Scott Manley misspoke and called it "lumberjack" at least once in that video.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Lladre posted:

You were a lot more fun to read when you would just post the rumors and not try to bait Moma.

Who the gently caress writes this sentence??

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fatkraken posted:

drat "Lumberyard" is a dumb name for a game engine, or indeed anything that isn't an actual yard with wood in it. Even Scott Manley misspoke and called it "lumberjack" at least once in that video.

As a reference it makes a lot of sense actually, though it's still a poo poo name

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

moveable shape posted:

Who the gently caress writes this sentence??

Who the gently caress quotes it????

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

nawledgelambo posted:

Scott Manley, you're always welcome here, buddy. Even if you love star citizen and have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in it
he knows :ssh:

(iirc in one of his star citizen videos he said he bought a few ships, then was given a press account aka all the ships.)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lladre posted:

Most people build stuff just so they can watch Jeb freak out.

It's more fun to watch him freak out on Duna than Kerbin, even if it's technically exactly the same freak out.

:colbert:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Breaking news, I have a picture of the CIG offices

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Klyith posted:

he knows :ssh:

(iirc in one of his star citizen videos he said he bought a few ships, then was given a press account aka all the ships.)

Interests Eve Online KITTYLITTER6e83

And part of Goonswarm / Fleet

B'tak feels grief.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
There's 2016 for you

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2016/12/26/

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Re-reading OP and seeing this makes me miss the ignorant days when there was still few enough examples of CR being CR that we had hope for this project.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The world is amazed!

Mostly we're amazed how much CIG managed to sponge up despite returning back nothing of value.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Gosh darn it, one of these days tabloids will just leave me alone! Until then though, it's "oh so and so went down with her too" and so on and so on! I know guys, it's not easy being the talk of the town, but I'm confident once I get to New York City everything will be different.

If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere! :3:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hobold posted:

Re-reading OP and seeing this makes me miss the ignorant days when there was still few enough examples of CR being CR that we had hope for this project.

Those were good times, I still have my Goonrathi patch and pin on my backpack.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I just want to remind everyone that doxxing is good and I hope those people got death threats before boarding.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
From the Amazon to a lumberyard seems appropriate to Star Citizen money + dreams

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Hobold posted:

I miss those days, I really do. There was a short time when there was actual work being done. Even when Manchester opened and quickly you saw the Shubin station thing it seemed like it would be possible.

That was before they decided to make a reality TV show, spend tens of millions on mocap, and they began selling pictures over and over.

Someone mentioned how goons had $55k and I believe it. I got my refund I believe fall of 2015, but it was a couple hundred. I don't believe the fund tracker deducts for refunds issued but I'm willing to believe at a minimum 2/3 of that has been refunded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

How d'you figure that? They've got more than (what should be) enough cash this fall to make it far into next year at least.

It's a guess based on a gut feeling they have less money than they let on.

This show is going to come to a screeching halt, where people are going to show up to locked offices and offline servers.