Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MagicCube posted:

If Fray is anti-something that means it's actually good.

Yeah, ROH really hasn't booked Dragon Lee well at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

VOD means I can see that match for $15 instead of $35 but who am I kidding I won't pay either

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

oatgan posted:

VOD means I can see that match for $15 instead of $35 but who am I kidding I won't pay either

reported

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MagicCube posted:

If Fray is anti-something that means it's actually good.
I mean that's a great match, but maybe do the VOD match as a rematch and have the first match up be on PPV?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wouldn't be shocked if it will be tougher for them to get dates on Dragon Lee around the time of their next PPV. It's easier in the winter as lucha slows way down, but things ramp up in March during the build for Dos Leyendas.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ROHDelirious/status/812220550412177408

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ROH really needs to sign that turtle that groped Paige

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

ROH really needs to sign that turtle that groped Paige

Steve Wiener?

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
So ROH is operating with the idea that Kyle is staying. What a surprise.

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/12...icans-analysis/

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't believe Kyle is operating with the idea that Kyle is staying

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

So ROH is operating with the idea that Kyle is staying. What a surprise.

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/12...icans-analysis/

As they are dumb as gently caress.

Expect a change to that Georgia match. Won't happen in its current form.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least two Women of Honor took digs at Scarlett for showing up to Raw yesterday to get squashed by Nia
https://twitter.com/KellyKleinWoH/status/813713826629750784
https://twitter.com/MandyLeonxo/status/813829986629074945

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Face of WOH Mandy CONSTANTLY tweeting she's a free agent makes ROH look bad.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they were really careful to stipulate that theyd definitely work for wwe if offered a contract huh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

PWTorch has learned that Ring of Honor has signed former ROH World Champion Jay Lethal to a new two year exclusive contract.
https://twitter.com/PWTorch/status/813868398207791104

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

looking forward to the Kyle-Cole-Lethal title hot swaps

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jay would have been lost in the NXT glut and it would have been far more of a shame than Cole's stalled push will be

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

to be honest i would have preferred free agent jay lethal working all over the country but that doesn't come with guaranteed money and benefits so i understand

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Not expecting it,but I'd love for Kyle to either decide to sign at the last minute or go to NJPW as I've really enjoyed his recent work there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH can keep Lethal and his mediocre rear end matches.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Jay Lethal is good

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

coconono posted:

Wrong, coco. Very wrong.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

I hope they don't, so Lethal can find success in a good company.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The big ROH shows usually deliver so i hope they can keep a good roster. Happy to see Lethal re-sign.

Throw me in with everyone else that doesn't want to see anyone else sign with NXT. They have talent they just don't utilize it.

Now FloSlam on the other hand...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Not expecting it,but I'd love for Kyle to either decide to sign at the last minute or go to NJPW as I've really enjoyed his recent work there.

There's stuff I can't/won't say but Kyle hasn't retweeted or promoted his ROH tag match in January. Something to monitor.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider:

quote:

Some contract updates: Ring of Honor has come to terms with Jay Lethal for a new deal. While there were attempts to get Steve Corino to stay, all signs are he is gone as of 12/31 when his current deal expires. As of this writing, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, War Machine and BJ Whitmer have not signed new deals.

There has been a lot of talk of Whitmer being the new color commentator with Kevin Kelly. It appears the last time Corino and Kelly will be working together in the forseeable future will be the New Japan Dome Show.

If O'Reilly doesn't come to terms, I would be shocked if he retains the ROH title at the 1/4/17 Tokyo Dome event for New Japan, where he faces Adam Cole. Cole and Fish are both advertised for the 1/14/17 Atlanta TV taping, so they are going to be working with the company going forward.

quote:

An interesting situation over the past several days after Scarlett Bordeaux, who works regularly for ROH but has never been signed to a contract, wrestled and lost to Nia Jax on Raw this past Monday in Chicago, where Bordeaux is from. Mandy Leone and Kelly Klein, who are pretty much the center-pieces of the Women of Honor division, took to Twitter without naming Bordeaux and stated they would never work for WWE without a contract offer. The tweets were later removed. What is extremely odd is both have worked in the past for WWE during the time period where Adam Rose had all the Rosebuds.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

PWInsider:An interesting situation over the past several days after Scarlett Bordeaux, who works regularly for ROH but has never been signed to a contract, wrestled and lost to Nia Jax on Raw this past Monday in Chicago, where Bordeaux is from. Mandy Leone and Kelly Klein, who are pretty much the center-pieces of the Women of Honor division, took to Twitter without naming Bordeaux and stated they would never work for WWE without a contract offer. The tweets were later removed. What is extremely odd is both have worked in the past for WWE during the time period where Adam Rose had all the Rosebuds

Big difference: Being a Rosebud doesn't involve doing a job. Plus you have to be on the lookout for indy folks appearing like that. Way back when, I didn't know CM Punk was one of the gangsters appearing during Cena's entrance until he mentioned it in a promo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Scarlett is a time keeper, ring announcer and valet. Barely ever a wrestler on indies.

Dozens of wrestlers went in on them both the other night over it. Cattiness and bullying is a big issue in the WOH locker room. Veda Scott recently quit for example.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah i was gonna say, roh has probably only given scarlett one more match than the wwe this year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Women of Honor feels like the WWE Divas Revolution never left its beginning stage but hell at least some of the divas were over then

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No serious wrestling fan type has seen this and I can't make my mind if it is good, ironically good or terrible. Mandy and Taeler working a WWE style PPV semi main event weapons match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDBmXk0c8E&t=3s

rovert fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 30, 2016

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The only WoH I've seen is what they put on tv that one week and it was loving terrible

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only woh match I've seen anytime recently was at the event I went to in June and everyone spent the entire match ignoring the women and making GBS threads on Whitmer.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The WON Daily Update:

quote:

Jay Lethal and Christopher Daniels both signed new deals with ROH. Kyle O'Reilly is the name everyone is talking about. He has not signed a new deal at this point.

There had been talk that Daniels might become a NXT trainer but he's probably the person who wins the ROH title after Cole & possibly gains the ROH booker role if they ever make a change and with Corino gone the race for the next booker is easier.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

The only woh match I've seen anytime recently was at the event I went to in June and everyone spent the entire match ignoring the women and making GBS threads on Whitmer.

I watched Taeler Hendrix almost die at the Lowell tapings in a horrible heat less match.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

BJ Whitmer doing color commentary sounds really dumb considering his role in this god awful Purple Haze storyline but if it means more drunken Kevin Sullivan ramblings im ok with it

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

No serious wrestling fan type has was this and I can't make my mind if it is good, ironically good or terrible. Mandy and Taeler working a WWE style PPV semi main event weapons match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDBmXk0c8E&t=3s

this popped up in my feed the other day and i've been putting off watching it but i finally took the plunge tonight and i'm confident calling this a very bad wrestling match that is good and the audacity it took to book this in the first place is sorely missed in many promotions

There's no reason this needs to be 18 minutes. There's like 10 minutes of action here and its twice that length. Some of the hottest feuds in ROH history didn't get 18 minute blowoff matches but somehow this did and in front of people looking at their phones. Great. I wish more places took stupid risks like this.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 30, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The booking for the Lowell TV tapings sucked too

Like match 1 was War Machine/Pretty Boy Killers and was super awesome

In order to keep 300 people from leaving they booked the Young Bucks in the final match against Matt Tavens newly debuting Kingdom

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

this popped up in my feed the other day and i've been putting off watching it but i finally took the plunge tonight and i'm confident calling this a very bad wrestling match that is good and the audacity it took to book this in the first place is sorely missed in many promotions

There's no reason this needs to be 18 minutes. There's like 10 minutes of action here and its twice that length. Some of the hottest feuds in ROH history didn't get 18 minute blowoff matches but somehow this did and in front of people looking at their phones. Great. I wish more places took stupid risks like this.

I'm thinking about this match a lot for whatever reason. Taeler is dreadful here and while Mandy's work is way too soft she does a pretty good job recognizing what the crowd perks up for and milking it for whatever its worth to good reactions

The pacing is weird as hell though. Mandy puts Taeler through a table from the ring to the floor and this is used to shift the momentum to Taeler who also beats up Deonna effortlessly. Mandy starts to recover before being cut off again by the other babyface interfering while the heel gets the better of them both. And then Mandy loses when she gets soft and refuses to hit Taeler, begging for mercy and covered in Mandy's blood, with a chair.

Maybe it's match of the year idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

"Bleeding from the mouth" looks an awful lot like smudged lipstick.

Related note, now that Nigel is out of ROH will they start blading more often?

• Locked thread