Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Pick posted:

The Christmas Gift Mistakes pit never ends

How the hell do you post "I'm not a material person and I don't care how much the presents were" one short breath after adding up how much they cost? :psyduck: Please tell me someone called them out on that.

Gluten Freeman posted:

im not gonna even try to understand this

I did my best, but nnnnope, me neither

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

JacquelineDempsey posted:

How the hell do you post "I'm not a material person and I don't care how much the presents were" one short breath after adding up how much they cost? :psyduck: Please tell me someone called them out on that.
It'd be more understandable if the difference was huge but like a single dinner out doesn't feel like a good place to draw your line in the sand

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Update: My (24F) partner (23M) is getting popular on Twitch and it's killing something we used to love doing together

Info: We've (24F and 23M) been exclusive for about 6 months, and we've been involved for about a year.

He's really good at this one video game. I used to love watching him play. I grew up with an older brother so I got to sit back and watch a ton of classic video games. So I just kinda enjoy the action of everything second hand more than I do playing.
I think he liked me being around when he played, too. It's kinda what lead us to spending more time together since games are something we both enjoy. Plus I'd rub his back and scratch his head and make us little snacks or drinks. His core friends all knew me and would include me in their conversation between rounds. To be honest...the major part of our time together is spent playing games. And I liked that.

Like I said he's actually pretty good and really funny. As a result he gained a Twitch following. Now when he starts streaming he asks me to go sit on the floor or go to the other room because I'm "in the shot." If I ask him anything while he's streaming he'll mute the mic or pause the stream. If his friends still ask about me I wouldn't know because he doesn't relay the info.

Just now it kinda came to a bit of a head. I went over to his house, we had lunch, and he started streaming in the front room. I was asked to go to the other room. My feelings got hurt and I said "I can hang out by myself at home." And I left. About 10 minutes after I left I got the text messages saying "I'm sorry I'm a nerd" "I'm sorry I'm a loser" "I'll stop streaming in a bit so please come back." "I love you" etc...

And that's not what I want. He's good. He's funny. He likes the attention. I don't want to take that from him. Plus he really loves it. If I make him stop...I'm afraid he'll resent me. But I also get really hurt when he asks me to leave the room or treats me like I'm some kind of weirdo who wanders in front of the camera on a film shoot. I feel like he took something that I used to love away from me.
How do I address the situation without being controlling but still protecting my feelings?

Update: Found snapchats to one of his followers. They were nudes. Guess that explains why he didn't want anyone on the stream to know he had a girl.
Gonna go get my stuff tonight. Turned out to be a much sadder, but simpler thing than we all thought.
Thanks for all your support and advice. Hope 2017 is better.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"didn't someone already post th- oh :smith:"

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

lazorexplosion posted:

Christmas is so much nicer when adults don't give each other gifts, so glad wife and I and my parents don't bother. My wife's side of the family does gifts and it's such a pain in the rear end in comparison to being free of it.

:same:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I did my best, but nnnnope, me neither

Good news

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Setting a gift bounty is a good idea, but clocking in at $45 and $70 for a $60 dollar limit seems alright to me if the gifts were chosen well. I get that this lady is upset that her SO lied, but it was a "socially expedient" lie to give her permission to splurge if she wanted to. It's his own dumb fault for carelessly using that line on his SO as opposed to an estranged cousin, but she seems pretty weird too, what with price researching his gifts and going to Reddit for advice.

She says she's not a material person, and yet there's no information presented here beyond the prices of the items. Their appropriateness and thoughtfulness as gifts for her is apparently not relevant to this issue for her. Did she appreciate the gifts at all?

The part that stuck out for me was her researching the perfume. Designer fragrances that sell in store for $75 are often very easy to find online for about $25. She throws in a line about him being the type to research things before he buys them, but I know when I've bought stuff for my partner for Christmas I just go to the store and buy it knowing I could get it for less online, but I need it now.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

The part that stuck out for me was her researching the perfume. Designer fragrances that sell in store for $75 are often very easy to find online for about $25. She throws in a line about him being the type to research things before he buys them, but I know when I've bought stuff for my partner for Christmas I just go to the store and buy it knowing I could get it for less online, but I need it now.

Good point. I'm pretty paranoid about stuff like gifts not arriving on time in the post, especially around Christmas. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd prefer to pay a little extra for having the security of walking out the store with the item physically in my hands.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I [31 M] cheated on my GF [24F] of 3 years and she cheated back, now I'm devastated

I have lived and worked in Bangkok for 5 or so years. I met her around 3 years ago while out partying. We "talked" for about 6 months and then moved in together. We have been living together for around 2.5 years.

These past 3 years have been AMAZING. We have literally traveled all over Asia. We both enjoy partying, drinking, chillin, cooking, eating... I mean, you name it. Life was mostly great and I honestly truthfully though this is the girl I am going to end up with... Its something I've thought about a lot, especially at my age.

Ever since I've known her, before we were in a relationship, and throughout our relationship, Fridays have been my "boys night out"... I mean, this is Bangkok, we hit the town and we have fun. I quite frequently have legit "no strings attached" one night stands... And all that have been for me is nothing but that... Just fun for a short time then over... literally like it didn't happen.

She has always known about this, and has obviously always hated it, but its never been a relationship killer or anything... usually just a really short fight then we are on with our awesome lives together.

Around 6 months ago she met a new group of girls... I hated these girls from the start and wanted my girlfriend to have nothing to do with them. These girls are party girls who routinely go home with guys on a regular basis.

She always insisted to me that they are just fun girls, shes not like them, she would never go with a guy, thats not her style, shes never done that and would never do that.

She started going out with them every Friday while I was with my friends.. I obviously dont have a good argument here to make her not go... so I put my trust in her and allowed it.

Shortly afterwards we started fighting a lot about cheating... Mostly her fighting me about my cheating and I would call her out about being a little more secretive of her phone than normal and refusing to show it to me upon request. She was clearly chatting with other guys.

After a few months of this, we separated and she moved back to her hometown. We have kept contact, never broke up, still chat basically all day everyday... Still 100% a couple, just not living together anymore... Just a rough patch.

She comes from her hometown to party with her friends on Friday and spend Friday night-Sundays with me for the past 3 months while we repair our relationship... This has been working good, and Ive actually enjoyed it a bit, having my first free time after 2.5 years or so of being with her 7 days a week.

This week we were talking about her staying at my place from this Friday until the Monday the week after (so around 10 or 11 days)... This would be the longest we have stayed together since the separation, and we were both excited for it... it still feels 100% natural and I honestly thought nothing of it really....

Friday while on her way to Bangkok we got into a huge fight about cheating... she was fighting about my cheating and I was just responding with "but you're cheating on me" (I responded with this like 100 times).

Anyways, this ended with me not opening her texts or answering her calls for the rest of the day on Friday or on Friday night after she finished partying (when she was supposed to come to my place).

So, on Friday night around 3 or 4am when I didn't answer my phone, I saw her texts saying basally "fine, you're not answering, I have to stay with my friends tonight"...

Saturday we talked a bit around noon... which just turned into a massive fight again, which led to me not talking with her again for the rest of the day or night... which led to her "sleeping with her friends" again.

Sunday afternoon I found out she had slept with (and had sex with) one of these guys shes been chatting with.

This is the first time shes ever REALLY cheated on me. I mean, Ive known about the chatting, which we fight about, and the flirting at clubs, which Ive known about... but Ive always kind of chalked it up to "were in a rough patch, we will get through this" kind of thing... I mean we basically talk endlessly all day everyday about how much we love each other and miss each other.

Since Sunday Ive literally asked her 100 times if its real... is she messing with me... "did you really"... and yes, it really did happen.

Now im literally in complete shock... What do I do now? I mean, I cant believe she cheated on me... Yea, I had one night stands, and (in my terrible point of view) thats all they were to me... just fun and done, not even an after thought about it... No emotions, just finished. She really cheated on me though.

She has been chatting with this guy, partied with him (and their group) all weekend and stayed with him Friday-Sunday... Possibly even still, right now...

I'm dying here... I have gone from on Friday, "This is my girl" "Im with this girl for the rest of my life" and a good 10-11 days ahead of us to just complete shock that its likely over forever...

I know it might sound crazy that I didnt see the writing on the wall and stuff, or didnt see the clues coming... but man... even though we are separated... the chatting... whatever... everything between her and I has still mostly been great... and honestly it has been improving... even a lot of talk about moving back in... I mean like 70% of our conversations is about how much we love and miss each other since we are apart now.

Anyways, she has apologized to me dozens of times and still wants to come... I dont know what to do. I feel like its impossible to accept that she cheated on me for this whole weekend. I also feel like its impossible for me to say goodbye to her... My dream girl.

I dont feel ok that she cheated on me. I also dont feel ok with breaking up and losing her.

Its literally after 4am here and Ive created a Reddit account and written like 3000 words and cried here about my relationship... It goes without saying that I'm not handling this very well... I'm honestly panicking and freaking out.

I WISH more than ANYTHING right now I could just go back to Friday and answer my phone and had spent my weekend with her :*(

tl;dr: I had 0 strings attached, one night stands, she is my dream girl and full out cheated on me all weekend this weekend. What do I do now?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao what a loving prick

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
That guy is a tremendous loving moron

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I [31 M] cheated on my GF [24F] of 3 years and she cheated back, now I'm devastated

Oh god yes that's some good poo poo right there.

I usually skim huge posts, but this one I read throughout and it was so worth it.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
In the comments he says it's different because he's white and she's Thai and he only cheats w/ other Thai girls....but since she hosed another white guy it's totally crossing a line

Lmao

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

drat...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That reads like Thailand.txt pretty much, what a loving creep.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Now im literally in complete shock... What do I do now? [b]I mean, I cant believe she cheated on me... Yea, I had one night stands, and (in my terrible point of view) thats all they were to me... just fun and done, not even an after thought about it... No emotions, just finished. She really cheated on me though.

How can a person have this much cognitive dissonance?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

By not seeing Asians as people, except for his personal one

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Ok here's how I parse this sister/marriage fail-pile:
There's a number of theoretical sisters 3 or greater, labeled A to Z, and then AA and so on as needed.

Sister A is marrying Her Man after apparently leading on Nice Guy for fun (?) or whatever. Nice Guy, in a ploy to make Sister A jealous, was attempting to court Sister B and also made his plans known to at least Sister B.

Now that Sister A is getting Married to Her Man, Nice Guy is still pursuing a relationship with Sister B. Naturally Sister C (OP) and her other sisters are uncomfortable with this situation, and Sister C has posted about it on Reddit.

Reddit has thrown a flag on the play, :flag:"just asking for a friend,":flag: asserting that Sister B and Sister C are the same person.

E: it's not rocket surgery!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What do you do when you find out your girlfriend has bigger penis than you? its messing with my head

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Zzulu posted:

What do you do when you find out your girlfriend has bigger penis than you? its messing with my head

You give her a blowie?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Zzulu posted:

play with it

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I made it about halfway through the Thailand post... And I reached a conclusion... I figure anyone who writes like that guy... Is obviously such a tremendous loving idiot that they're probably incapable of managing their life at all... So they almost certainly deserve whatever horrible poo poo happens to them... Just my opinion...

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
partying, drinking, chillin, cooking, eating... I mean, you name it.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

tl;dr: I had 0 strings attached, one night stands, she is my dream girl and full out cheated on me all weekend this weekend. What do I do now?

Please tell me this guy is getting torn to shreds in the comments. Please, please tell me he's getting his poo poo called out hard in there.

It is entirely possible to have a relationship where NSA flings are no big deal but that is so not what was going on here, he was literally just ignoring his partner's objections to his behavior and treating her like her opinion didn't matter. Seeing him write about how upset he is that she has now done the same is so incredibly satisfying. I'm usually too much of a wimp to enjoy schadenfreude but this is beautiful.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
He's getting (justifiably) ripped apart in the comments. I think this one summed it up nicely:

quote:

You made me feel loving sick mate. Absolutely abominable you are. I'm half Thai and I can't believe how loving racist you are. They're not dumb creatures mate, Thais are people too. I strongly suspect that you aren't in denial, it's that your actually legitimately too stupid to grasp the insulting gross hypocrisies your saying here. And you wouldn't dare do this to white women because Asian women are dogs to you right? There only for arousal and service. Your loving defective. Made me feel sick to my gut that you've been loving other women consistently but still think you have any sort of say in this woman's life. She's a human, right? Not a loving item you deem to be yours. This is why we need mass genocide for people like you. The world and Thailand would be so much better off without losers with your ancient disposable, DUMB mind set.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I wonder if he would be upset if she had sex with other Asians

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Of course he would, he clearly sees her as property

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

racist hypocrite
Murder him.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

I wonder if he would be upset if she had sex with other Asians

Yes, because how dare she let the sub-humans defile her.

What a loving asshat, the racism on top is just perfect.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

That girl really needs to :sever:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope there's an update to the accidental blowjob to her BIL post

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Whoa! Was not expecting the call out to also call for genocide.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [29M] wife[28F] sees sex as a chore

So I've always had a much stronger libido than my wife, and after many smaller talks I decided to have a long discussion with her and tell her how important sex and intimacy was to me. It worked... but not really. I could have more sex, but she is even more unenthusiastic and tolerates it "because she must."

She seems to understand that it's an important part of the relation for me, but it's made her approach it as something purely "mechanical" if you will. Like it's not about the feelings, the desire, the intimacy, the love, but rather "He's ejaculated this week, the relation should be A-OK." I've talked to her about it, she says she gets it, but her actions tell another story.

For example she'll reject my advances for days (which already hurts imo) and then eventually approaches me with a "I know you won't let me sleep unless we do it" (which obviously isn't true since I leave her alone the vast majority of the time) or "Look if you really want to do it" and other "I don't want to but I guess it's this time again" kind of attitude.

She's never really into it it seems, and everything I've tried only makes her more "comfy" as in "let's cuddle and fall asleep in each others arms" which only makes things worse for me. Tried not making any advances and though she seemed to be happy with it, the bedroom simply went dead. I've also asked her many times and she doesn't know of anything that gets her in the right mood, nor is there anything she likes apparently...

Tonight she's offered me sex as I've made her a few compliments/advances today, and I just couldn't do it with the way she brought it up. It cuts deeper than being rejected to hear her say she'll offer sex in a way that clearly says "I'm tired and have no desire to do it at all, but if we must", I just feel twice as rejected and lovely for making her feel like she's forced to do it, but at the same time I so want to make love to her... But not like this. I just got out of bed half an hour later as I couldn't put my mind to rest with all that. Just feels like poo poo having to repress your feelings and desire and excitement towards your partner and having it turned into something ultimately negative for the relation.

So yeah, I really just had to vent I guess. Anybody knows how to get out of this situation or where to start? I just feel like I've run out of options here and this "duty/chore sex" thing is just tearing my heart out.

tl;dr: Wife is completely unenthusiastic about sex no matter what I try, and offered slightly more sex after many discussions, but basically as a "sacrifice" for the relationship. Feeling like I'm forcing her feels super lovely and kills it for me, and the alternative is a dead bedroom. Any advice?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Open the relationship.

How did the guy even marry her when she's either asexual or into something he can't provide? Like, they did have sex before marriage, right!? Surely this problem came up before?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Perhaps a hamster posted:

How can a person have this much cognitive dissonance?

By being the kind of shithead who goes to Thailand specifically because he can get away with this kind of thing for a while. Racist prick

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Open the relationship.

How did the guy even marry her when she's either asexual or into something he can't provide? Like, they did have sex before marriage, right!? Surely this problem came up before?

Not included was they had a baby a couple months ago.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

bone app the teeth posted:

Not included was they had a baby a couple months ago.

Bingo, she has a 4 month old baby which the dude never mentioned and multiple comments have asked about and he refuses to answer those comments.

Gee, I wonder why her sex drive is down! I'm guessing Mr. Honesty probably is letting her do all of the baby work.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Even if he's doing his half of the childcare (he's not), postpartum is very real, very common and will kill your SO's sex drive stone dead for at least a few months.

If this dude thought about it for two seconds, he'd realize how incredibly lucky he is: even though his wife is utterly wiped and has zero interest in sex right now, she still recognizes how important it is to him and cares enough about him to give him maintenance sex to keep him happy. He should bang his wife, do more around the house and maybe do some research to see if she has other symptoms of postpartum depression and look into options if she does, but instead he's complaining on the internet because she's not totally into it like he is.

edit: also lol I just saw the part where he complains that "cuddling" her makes her instantly fall asleep. This girl is dog-tired taking care of a newborn all day long, maybe if you let her get some sleep she'd be more interested in loving you

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 28, 2016

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Godamn, this thread. First I just thought the guy was dumb for getting into that relationship in the first place.

Now we know he's a selfish rear end in a top hat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wow she needed to :sever: awhile ago.
This is like a semi-open relationship where he got to be a fuckboi and she was suppose to stay home and keep her legs glued shut.

This guy is really a hunk of poo poo.