Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It's me friends

I bought the $55k of ships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

illectro posted:

Ahh don't worry about me, I've got thicker skin than anyone can imagine.

And yeah I'd love nothing more than for some solid approximation of the game to be delivered so that we can blot out the sun with our Auroras, it would be glorious, the best ending for everyone.
Equally I would not be surprised if they burn through all their money and goodwill before delivering anything capable of realizing that, and I was prepared for that outcome the moment I saw it was a Chris Roberts game, given his past history of projects delivered on schedule.

I'm not a hater.

Anyway what's really stood out with this latest video is the number of straight up racist fucks who are mad that a game might make them play as a non-white dude. Literally citing the one single character model on the loadout screen as a sign that CIG are part of some SJW conspiracy to commit white genocide. (sorry, I deleted the really offensive comments) I'm relieved to see none of this insanity on the SC Forums Or Reddit, it's mostly people posting directly on my video on youtube.

:psyboom:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

illectro posted:

And yeah I'd love nothing more than for some solid approximation of the game to be delivered so that we can blot out the sun with our Auroras, it would be glorious, the best ending for everyone.
Equally I would not be surprised if they burn through all their money and goodwill before delivering anything capable of realizing that, and I was prepared for that outcome the moment I saw it was a Chris Roberts game, given his past history of projects delivered on schedule.

I'm not a hater.

Anyway what's really stood out with this latest video is the number of straight up racist fucks who are mad that a game might make them play as a non-white dude. Literally citing the one single character model on the loadout screen as a sign that CIG are part of some SJW conspiracy to commit white genocide. (sorry, I deleted the really offensive comments) I'm relieved to see none of this insanity on the SC Forums Or Reddit, it's mostly people posting directly on my video on youtube.

:lol: look at this cuck I kid, I kid

Joking aside, SC really seems to have attracted the absolute dregs of gamer culture and humanity in general. I guess when you promise Second Life IN SPACE and essential godhood to those who pledge enough money to buy the biggest e-penis jpegs, there's only one way it can go.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

illectro posted:

I'm not a hater.

Very fair and informative video I thought. I don't post comments on YouTube so thanks for the stuff you do, very enjoyable.
Glad you're not letting the weirdos get to you.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

illectro posted:

I'm relieved to see none of this insanity on the SC Forums Or Reddit, it's mostly people posting directly on my video on youtube.
There is something about YT that seriously makes people post the most hosed up comments.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I know it's just a comment section of a Youtube video, but goddamn it still makes me feel upset after reading it. :smith: People are the worst and gently caress 2016 etc.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

jfc...Slovenian Home Guard, as one countryman to another, go gently caress yourself asswipe. Not that you're likely to post anywhere but Youtube comments. Maybe Yahoo comments or such, to get your panties in a bunch at the latest 'immigrants' story.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Dec 28, 2016

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Meanwhile back in lumberyardland ....

.... this whole unified first/third person camera/animation thing, - the videos I have seen of star marine have me wondering what is up with it?

I'm sure I have seen things from.the first person veiw that I can't recall seeing other player models do - two examples would be, the first person player tilting there gun about 35-45 degrees to the right momentary and the fingers typing on the consoles.

I have not played the game myself so could just be misleading this - any feed back on this from players?

And on the topic of the animations, that had previously been the hold up for star marine 1.0, watching the other players, they all look poo poo. The feet ice skate a lot, old late 90's style character turning where the whole lower body just spins, feet sliding. Running up stairs is totally poo poo. And the deaths? It's more Barbie doll than rag doll ..... has Chris never played any games with animation blending? (sorry, stupid question - Chris does not play games full stop.)

Is it just me or is it poo poo animation (and not true unified first/third person) on top of a very lame, basic did in a very static, high res but plain map?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

There is something about YTpeople that seriously makes people post the most hosed up comments.

FTFY.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's me friends

I bought the $55k of ships

Well. Don't hog the space gum. Sounds like you bought enough for the whole class so hand 'em out.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

I guess when you promise Second Life IN SPACE and essential godhood to those who pledge enough money to buy the biggest e-penis jpegs, there's only one way it can go.

I've always been a big fan of this part, "will never be pay to win" while they've been selling ships from the the original kickstarter that poo poo all over the starter ship, AKA pay to win.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Rudager posted:

I've always been a big fan of this part, "will never be pay to win" while they've been selling ships from the the original kickstarter that poo poo all over the starter ship, AKA pay to win.

No you see CIG already told us that the operating costs of the big most powerful ships will be so massive when it comes to fuel, ammo, crew, rations and so on that players will only use these ships when absolutely necessary and then only when in huge organisations.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Is Lumberyard being used as an excuse to be able to post these increased sales?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beexoffel posted:

Is Lumberyard being used as an excuse to be able to post these increased sales?

There was a big sale on over Christmas, especially on the 26th but it's harder to tell now when stuff goes off sale.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The reddit price for RSI credits seem to be down to 72 cents on the dollar

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

AP posted:

There was a big sale on over Christmas, especially on the 26th but it's harder to tell now when stuff goes off sale.

So they're making sales less obvious now that people rejected new concepts at the December livestream.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

D_Smart posted:

I have completed the blog. It's going live tomorrow, so I have password protected it until then.

http://dereksmart.com/2016/12/star-citizen-irreconcilable-differences/

lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rudager posted:

Silly billy. If you say it's not pay to win then clearly it is. Because who would ever lie about such a thing? *chortles heartily*

To use a phrase from an entirely different video game company "No Tricks, No Traps".

CAN YOU GUESS WHICH ONE

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's an MMO, there's no "win state," so it can't be pay to win. Checkmate, goonies. :smug:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

DancingShade posted:

Silly billy. If you say it's not pay to win then clearly it is. Because who would ever lie about such a thing? *chortles heartily*

To use a phrase from an entirely different video game company "No Tricks, No Traps".

CAN YOU GUESS WHICH ONE

Trion?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

The Official STAR CITIZEN Design Document:

you know that thing you hate? not that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

You win *looks at notes* um, the opportunity for an internet spaceship

Please swipe here. *drops pants, exposes butt cheeks*

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

jfc...Slovenian Home Guard, as one countryman to another, go gently caress yourself asswipe. Not that you're likely to post anywhere but Youtube comments. Maybe Yahoo comments or such, to get your panties in a bunch at the latest 'immigrants' story.
wait so false advertising is bad when CIG do it but then you complain about a guy called Slovenian Home Guard being a racist fuckhead?? Get your story straight goonies. :rolleyes:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenRSI/status/814086205319114752

:gary:

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

D_Smart posted:

I have completed the blog. It's going live tomorrow, so I have password protected it until then.

http://dereksmart.com/2016/12/star-citizen-irreconcilable-differences/

It's live! :derp:

Is this a new message on their site?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

It's insane how many racists we have around here. They're even getting loud in my family now, it's hosed up af.

illectro posted:

An orange neo-nazi puppet of a fascist regime won the election for the most powerful office on earth. They're all coming out of the woodwork now, thinking they aren't the minority anymore. It'll pass. Hopefully sooner, rather than later, I'd like to avoid lovely wars in the west, everyone there has nukes now.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
You have no chill derek. Blogs great.

Never change, og black game developer of my heart. <3

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/W7VDw0t.gifv

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

majestic

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

What the hell is up with those mentaloids? I watched the same video and I found it painfully positive about Star Citizen. If that's not enough for them, I think they may be genuinely suffering from mental illness.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

illectro posted:

I'm not a hater.

That's because we had to convince Ben that racism is bad along with sexism and homophobia, which eventually made it against the rules. I can't speak for Reddit since that place seems to have some horribly racist subs.

You're not a hater. You're a decent guy who loves space and has enough experience with games to know what you do and don't like. Unfortunately any attitude that doesn't display effuse praise (or at least doesn't include a disclaimer as long as the criticism) immediately means the person with that opinion is a pariah

Of course you already know this.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Chunjee posted:

lol

after no man's sky's "eleventy billion planets to explore!!!", you'd think that developers would avoid throwing out big numbers like that

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

lol

after no man's sky's "eleventy billion planets to explore!!!", you'd think that developers would avoid throwing out big numbers like that

And it's such a meaningless number. Any old gently caress can simply create empty space and top that. Hell, Elite is bound to have orders of magnitudes more "space" to explore, right? It's about what content you can fill the space with, and CIG's pipelines are so far nothing but clogged drinking straws.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Erenthal posted:

And it's such a meaningless number. Any old gently caress can simply create empty space and top that. Hell, Elite is bound to have orders of magnitudes more "space" to explore, right? It's about what content you can fill the space with, and CIG's pipelines are so far nothing but clogged drinking straws.

One day I will make a parody game and I will advertise it with nonsense numbers like "You can explore 10 billion nanometers! A quadrillion picogram worth of upgrades for your character! 100000 Kilo-Levels to achieve!"

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chunjee posted:

10^23 Kilometers? You can only explore along a single line?

I mean that's all well and good, I guess, but the Earth has 5.1 x 10^8 km^2 worth of surface area and nobody really worries about running out of things to do there.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

10^23 Kilometers? You can only explore along a single line?

It's the length of their gantt charts

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Derek, they made you an offer you can't refuse.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

blog TL;DR:

quote:

None of this matters anyway; the game is never getting finished

nerdz posted:

It's the length of their gantt charts

:eyepop:

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

It was just a prank Derek, come back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Earth has 5.1 x 10^8 km^2 worth of surface area and nobody really worries about running out of things to do there.

Actually I finished all the content last week.