Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

She's Sachiko from iDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS.

Cute is an apt phrase cause she calls herself "Kawaii Boku."

Avatar is literally saying 1 + 1 = Kawaii Boku.

i thought she might have been doing that kiyomi/gwiyomi thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Law Cheetah posted:

i thought she might have been doing that kiyomi/gwiyomi thing

She is.

It's an additional level of synergy.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Ytlaya posted:

I like Jirou more than Tsuyu :colbert:

I also like Tsuyu, but I don't get why people think she's some disproportionately amazing.

edit: In this chapter, why exactly did Deku punching instead of kicking help him in that situation? Like, if Bakugou was prepared for an attack from the air, it seems like it wouldn't make a difference (and if anything a punch requires being closer).

That was a great chapter. I really like Bakugou's characterization.

Defending against a kick would have your hands around your chest area, and more to the sides. A punch can be thrown from above and the front. Look up the superman punch

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Pretty much, yeah. Punch strength primarily comes from the body weight behind it, kick strength primarily from the radial movement of the leg. (Oversimplification, but most powerful kicks consist of swinging the leg. Punches can go straight)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/peterfobian/status/812801639287386113

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Today is Ochako Uraraka's birthday

Happy birthday Uravity

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Happy birthday to the second best girl in MHA.

Or maybe third, Mina is pretty great too.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

PMush Perfect posted:

Happy birthday to the second best girl in MHA.

Or maybe third, Mina is pretty great too.

The most recent poll established quite definitively that Jirou is best girl.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I disagree with the poll therefore it's non-canon. The best girl is All Might.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The fact that Deku's mom wasn't in the top 5 is a crime.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Am I right to believe there is no chapter this week?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Today is Ochako Uraraka's birthday

Happy birthday Uravity

YAY!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Legit though, it'd be real swell if Horikoshi broke tradition and had Ochako and Deku actually have a romantic relationship with each other during MHA rather than as some prize at the end of the manga. He naturally won't go into and doesn't need to go into finer details, but those two clearly dig each other, it'd be cool to see a manga that isn't afraid to say "yeah, they're together and they act like it with each other."

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Finally found the time to catch up on this and I'm glad I did. The preliminary licensing exam was great and the fight between Deku and Bakugou had me at maximum hype.

The chapter following Twice was a nice surprise as well. My first and second biggest complaints with this series are slowly being addressed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Legit though, it'd be real swell if Horikoshi broke tradition and had Ochako and Deku actually have a romantic relationship with each other during MHA rather than as some prize at the end of the manga. He naturally won't go into and doesn't need to go into finer details, but those two clearly dig each other, it'd be cool to see a manga that isn't afraid to say "yeah, they're together and they act like it with each other."

Nice try, but we all know that you just want to see a super power prom.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nah, we didn't have proms while I was growing up in England (they definitely do now), so like most things after my time, I think they're stupid and bad.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Do they have proms in Japan?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I ... don't think so?

Actually I have no idea...
Huh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know it's probably just a general question, but Horikoshi being a major Ameriboo likely means it'll happen just because it's such an American staple.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Generally I don't think WSJ readers like the MC hooking up with anyone before the end unless they start out as a couple with somebody.

Really, I'll be happy so long as we don't get the "Everyone that can pair off in the main cast pairs off and has kids for some reason" ending. I hate that poo poo and it'd make even less sense in a series set in a world more like ours- most people don't hook up with their high-school sweethearts.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Generally I don't think WSJ readers like the MC hooking up with anyone before the end unless they start out as a couple with somebody.

Really, I'll be happy so long as we don't get the "Everyone that can pair off in the main cast pairs off and has kids for some reason" ending. I hate that poo poo and it'd make even less sense in a series set in a world more like ours- most people don't hook up with their high-school sweethearts.

I think the way it keeps coming up is a good sign that Horikoshi is interested in running with it as more than just an end of series thing, but it's never going to be the focus or anything like that, this isn't that kind of manga.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I would be super down with this because it's one of the most frustrating things about shonen (Beelzebub was the example that drove me up the wall the most) but at the very least I like that he's having Ocahko come to terms with her feelings and push them aside for an understandable and concrete reason, instead of the usual fluffy "I'm blushing and I don't know why" garbage. I like this manga is a what I'm saying.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My Hero Academia.....is good.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

My Hero Academia.....is good.

That's hosed up

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fabricated posted:

Man, that's pretty rough to have a High School sweetheart and still never hook up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

Man, that's pretty rough to have a High School sweetheart and still never hook up.
You've caught me out in my egregious error of not saying "marry" specifically.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Most people don't marry their high school sweethearts, which means no one should.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

momo and mineta are gonna get married in the ending

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

momo and mineta are gonna get married in the ending

I won't allow it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

even if everyone else gets pared off, mineta will end up alone

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Alternatively, he'll end up with someone who turns the tables on him.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Mineta will end up with Tsuyu because there is no God.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

All of a sudden Todoroki will realize he likes Uraraka and start flirting with her and she will realize "huh guess I should have had higher standards" and will end up with him. Deku will end up with no one romantically but will still have the platonic respect of all the girls in his class.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Neo_Crimson posted:

Mineta will end up with Tsuyu because there is no God.

Nah, if there's no god then there's also no satan to work such foul magics.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

All of a sudden Todoroki will realize he likes Uraraka and start flirting with her and she will realize "huh guess I should have had higher standards" and will end up with him. Deku will end up with no one romantically but will still have the platonic respect of all the girls in his class.

If by Todoroki you mean Bakugou.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chumbler posted:

If by Todoroki you mean Bakugou.

That would work as well, though I'm more fond of the Bakugou/Mina pairing.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Ytlaya posted:

That would work as well, though I'm more fond of the Bakugou/Mina pairing.

... I never even thought about that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I want Uraraka to get some screentime and focus where the attention is not mostly on her feelings for Deku, or in fact about romantic feelings with any other character.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I want Uraraka to get some screentime and focus where the attention is not mostly on her feelings for Deku, or in fact about romantic feelings with any other character.

This would be good, also, too

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

The guy with all girls' platonic respect is Sugar, because of his excellent cakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://mangastream.com/r/vigilante/003/3911/1

deleted scene from x-men origins