Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lilikoi
Oct 11, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I expect in season 2 we'll see a future sequence of the team in their original bodies and it will be Roger, Ryan, Callu, Amanda and Lexa Doig.

With Paul Gross playing their boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

X-O posted:

Had no clue who that was but I looked her up, no she's not on the show.

Spoiler alert, goddamnit, SPOILER ALERT.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Slamhound posted:

I'm two episodes in and honestly this may as well count as a spoiler. Can I assume that Amanda Tapping does show up?

She directed next week's episode, if that counts.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Travelers is a pretty great show.
There's a conversation about time travel that's very reminiscent of something in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles season 2.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

xerxus posted:

There's a conversation about time travel that's very reminiscent of something in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles season 2.

I just realised Kathryn is Racetrack! Holy poo poo, Racetrack is smoking at 42.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

xerxus posted:

I just watched the first episode of this. I think it's gonna be okay. I'm amazed how little exposition there was about what was going on. I guess maybe it was supposed to be a mystery->reveal type of thing. So while I'm interested, the pilot really dragged, I guess because it didn't assume you would figure out what was going on in the first ten minutes. But I'm definitly gonna keep watching. It also reminds me that I need to finish Continuum.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

There is a Stargate alum on the show though.

At least two, if you're including Stargate Universe.

Edit: Nope, my bad, three.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Also worth noting in regards to Travelers, the episodes on Netflix are uncut. Unlike the ones that aired in Canada and were sold on iTunes. I noticed some harsher language in the final two episodes, which had not aired on Canadian TV at the time it was released on Netflix in the US, in comparison to what I'd heard in earlier episodes. So much so that I immediately noticed the difference. And I compared the episode to the iTunes releases and they had indeed been edited for content. Probably just a few f-bombs here and there though. So probably nothing too big.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Woooow the sense8 Christmas special is loving amazing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I didn't like it much, I enjoyed the 1st season a lot.

The cast change was very noticeable, mainly because the first guy was epic.

I'll probably watch it again.

Good Behavior is so drat good, glad I saved 3 episodes to watch.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Dec 28, 2016

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah so noticeable that they even called it out in the episode. I really don't care, cause poo poo happens.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, the Sense8 Christmas special really, really dragged. Maybe it wasn't as noticeable in the first season because the individual episodes still forced them to reach some kind of action spike once every hour? And in this one they took until the end of the two hours to really do anything. Also nothing kinda happened for a very long time?

I was watching it with people though, and that may have influenced my feelings.

Rocksicles posted:

Off to watch this week's episode now. Great show.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I don't really watch sense8 for plot progression but because I like all the characters so much and it's just a joy to see them interact in different ways so the christmas special was so my jam, though I'm not sold on the new Capheus yet.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Is this the Travelers thread?

Since they stored Marcy's consciousness in a zip file in the future, can they just send the same persons into the past over and over again? Why would they even use that many different people instead of just sending a lot of copies of their very best people?

I really like the show and I hope it doesn't get canceled. I can't handle another Rubicon.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Spergatory posted:

So after watching him in Rogue One and seeing his cast interviews and listening to a few of his (are you loving kidding me) surprisingly competent and clever rap verses, I have determined that Riz Ahmed is possibly one of the funniest, most charming and handsome men on the planet. Which leads me to a question: is The Night Of worth watching? On its own merits, I mean. Given my massive Riz boner, I'll probably wind up watching it no matter what, but I want to at least know what everyone thinks.

Watch Nightcrawler instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eezee posted:

Is this the Travelers thread?

Since they stored Marcy's consciousness in a zip file in the future, can they just send the same persons into the past over and over again? Why would they even use that many different people instead of just sending a lot of copies of their very best people?

I really like the show and I hope it doesn't get canceled. I can't handle another Rubicon.

If you encounter another team that is mentally identical to yours it might unnerve everyone and damage the idea of your own self identity.

I watched a LOT of complete series in 2016 and Travelers is the first show that immediately made me mad for not having more episodes. It's definitely in my top five shows of the year.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

DrVenkman posted:

That's the one. Kurt Fuller was the increasingly weird coroner and was great. I always found the show comfort viewing, but the last two seasons were legitimately hard to get through.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQdYESmtxIk

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Apropos of nothing (well I've been looking at Kurt Fuller vids, ended up with his excellent turn in Supernatural), whatever happened to the other brother that was down in hell with Lucifer (not Sam or Dean). Did they ever bother bringing him up again in the endless cycle of Sam and Dean saving each other.

Lilikoi
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Possibly my favorite show of the year. I'm sure it'll get canceled, but it's just such a fun show and the two leads' chemistry is amazing. Her mom too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Shageletic posted:

Did they ever bother bringing him up again in the endless cycle of Sam and Dean saving each other.

Not really.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Mu Zeta posted:

The OA . gif
I'm glad I skipped it. Seeing that sort of dancy poo poo all over the season would have made me feel really awkward.

muscles like this! posted:

The only way that Travelers could be more Canadian is if Roger Cross and Ryan Robbins were in it. Maybe a dash of Callum Keith Rennie.
Or that Terry Chan persona, who shows up in most Canadian productions, too. Turns out they've cast him for the second season of The Expanse, and that bugs me a lot.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They only learn the dance halfway through.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Apropos of nothing (well I've been looking at Kurt Fuller vids, ended up with his excellent turn in Supernatural), whatever happened to the other brother that was down in hell with Lucifer (not Sam or Dean). Did they ever bother bringing him up again in the endless cycle of Sam and Dean saving each other.

He was mentioned in dialogue once like 4 seasons later.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

They only learn the dance halfway through.

Interpretive dance is so ridiculous it only takes a little to bring a season's worth of absurdity.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Debbie Reynolds just passed as well. That poor family, what a horrific couple of days they've had.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

X-O posted:

Debbie Reynolds just passed as well. That poor family, what a horrific couple of days they've had.
Yeah. gently caress this stupid earth. Like literally a day after Carrie Fisher.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is the start of our era in the great artist purge. in 30 years it'll be a wasteland of ex reality stars, sports people and singers who used auto tune.

Dumb fuckers everywhere. :D

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Thought this was pretty cool

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/12/26/upshot/duck-dynasty-vs-modern-family-television-maps.html

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Rocksicles posted:

This is the start of our era in the great artist purge. in 30 years it'll be a wasteland of ex reality stars, sports people and singers who used auto tune.

Dumb fuckers everywhere. :D
In 30 years, 30 year olds will probably weep like we are for our childhood household name celebrities. They'll also have youtube vloggers on the list though.

But still it sucks.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The decline of western civilization part 4: the PewDiePie funeral livestream reaction videos

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's sad that Sense8 had to recast Capheus because he was amazing but apparently was being hateful on-set? Not cool bro.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

It's certainly something that Modern Family is super popular in Knoxville and Duck Dynasty isn't. Would not have guessed that one.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Marathoning some stuff last-minute before the end of year list and People of Earth is pretty good.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

the biggest surprise is how much black and Hispanic people love Bones. I don't even know.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Shageletic posted:

They literally never spoke of him again. He only gets an off hand mention later on when they loving let Lucifer out again

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

After I finished my People of Earth marathon, next up on my TBS catch-up is Angie Tribeca.

Dumb as hell but they are totally nailing the Naked Gun/Airplane style humor.

Some of the background jokes are really great, like the gang HR person having the prison number of 1099.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was s2 of that as good as the first? I never got around to it. It's not a show I could do more than an episode or two at a time, but some of it was really funny. Solid casting with Rashida Jones.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I haven't gotten to season 2 yet, actually just finishing up season 1 at this moment.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arist posted:

Marathoning some stuff last-minute before the end of year list and People of Earth is pretty good.

Did you get that from Hulu's "you may also like" recommendations? I watched "Volcanoes of the Deep Sea" (very cool and interesting doc by the way, lots of clear HD steadicam shots of stuff we usually get from blurry things stuck to a manipulator arm) and now I'm sucked into NatGeo's Continent 7: Antarctica and People of Earth is next. It's like wikisurfing but it takes up the rest of my week.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
How did Man in the High Castle Season 2 turn out?

I just googled reviews for it and the first link called it "the worst show of the year", and the second link gave it a 9/10.

I liked the first season well enough, though I found it quite slow.

Goon reviews?

• Locked thread