Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Bubsy's on my list, alright.

My Top 10 list!

Top 10 what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
List Of Games That Make Me Want to Die

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Bubsy appears on my "Top 10 List of Suitable Dash Rendar Alternatives". He's number 7.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Bubsy appears on my "Top 10 List of Suitable Dash Rendar Alternatives". He's number 7.

"Let's go Lobo! What could pawsibly go wrong?"

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

It is finished.

UZflipsoffLoco.png (Part 11)

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Quick, everyone make Deltaboy characters for XCOM so he can continue getting killed.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Fish Noise posted:

Quick, everyone make Deltaboy characters for XCOM so he can continue getting killed.

What is a deltaboy

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
"Back on track," he says... sorry about that!

Alan Wake - DLC 2: The Writer Part 2/3
Almost done with Alan Wake, whew! This part of the DLC actually picks up a bit, after the weird physics puzzle area. There are some tough setpiece fights against Taken and a dialogue scene with Zane (and shortly after, the Dark versions of the psychologist and Wake himself) that come perilously close to explaining what's going on.

Oh, and if you missed it and want another perspective on Alan Wake (and doubtless much better production values :sweatdrop: ), CJ started up a proper LP here! Definitely plan on checking it out later, I think I'm a bit burned out on Alan Wake between basically watching it twice in a few months, heh.

Got 2 Dragon's Dogma updates this time, since the end of the first video (and thus the stream it was in) is about halfway through the runtime, the rest was doing some exploring of Gran Soren and the stuff you access from the rooftops and whatnot, and I figured a lot of people would skip that part, if not the entire thing since, well, Ogre Battle isn't just a strategy RPG.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 13 - Idle Twittering
After dispatching the first ogre for real this time, we finish up the first half of the Ancient Quarry and then back to Gran Soren to unwind a bit. I think I trimmed at least 30+ minutes of ogre fighting into the ~15 across the 2 videos you have here. They really do just have too much Defense for when you're expected to fight them, and no weaknesses unlike most big enemies. If you're playing along, do what I did on the run on my brother's account: take Berne along with you and the wakestone you're supposed to use on the kid (you can always buy the shards to make another one from Fournival, especially if you're on Hard and thus get more money), just in case.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 14 - Night's Champion
The start of a new stream, and I kind of jump in media res due to some serious framedrop caused by trying to record separate audio. I don't know what the folks on Reddit are thinking, that DDDA is "optimized for PC and you can run it just fine." Definitely not my experience with the game! We go back to the well and exterminate the saurians but good, and then it's off to Gran Soren at night to follow up on Mason's tweet. I mean, twittering.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
where are the rats. i was promised rats

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Glad you're keeping at it, Wayne. If only we could get Snak back on trak

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mycroft Holmes posted:

where are the rats. i was promised rats

Part of me's kind of dreading reaching Chapter 3, if only because I'm sure there'd be one entire video of me just laughing :v:

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

GamesAreSupernice posted:

Glad you're keeping at it, Wayne. If only we could get Snak back on trak

Aw, thanks. :shobon: Yeah, I've been trying to change my sleep schedule to switch to being a morning person, and it's... rough. :sweatdrop: I think last week was the first one in a month or two where I can sit still for a couple hours (to edit) and not have my brain go into "Yep, now it's bedtime" mode, heh. Hopefully this one takes!

Speaking of sleep and stuff, Alan Wake! It's the end of the DLC and thus the story, because I mean, what are the odds that Remedy will bring back another action-shooter-story game after, say, 9 years on the shelf...?

Alan Wake - DLC 2: The Writer Part 3/3
Hey, it's the finale of a game about writing. What more to say than "The End"? Thanks for watching!
If I can keep up on the editing (and get my computer fixed in time, it's overheating again) I have 2 episodes of Deus Ex to edit and upload. Y'know, going from Double Dark to Double Dogma? :v: Otherwise I might just double up Dark Arisen for awhile, I have a heck of a backlog eating up space on the hard drive!

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Part 15 - Kill It With Fire
I finally get a clue and change tactics on the last ogre, and pretty much kill it in a few minutes (half of which was me waiting for it to come back in view :v: ) with copious use of :supaburn: . Next episode should be back to wolves hunting in packs and their kind hating ice and fire both!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
,Great LP! I love Alan Wake (if there's not enough evidence of that already :sweatdrop:), it's always fun to see other peoples' perspective on the story as it unfolds and how it affects their perception of, y'know, the gameplay and stuff.

Incidentally, I am also watching your Dragon's Dogma LP and enjoying that too because I find that game to be a chore to play, but fun to watch!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Antistasi Altis 1

Antistasi Altis is a scenario for Arma 3 where you play freedom fighters trying to take over the island of Altis. This video we take our first steps stealing materiel and clearing out a roadblock to arm our insurrection.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hopefully casual games are germane for the casual LP thread. My first swing at producing a video LP on my own. :)

Addamere fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 19, 2016

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun fact: one cannot create end screens and playlists with only a single video, so have episode 2 as well.

Feedback on either video is appreciated, as this is my first attempt at doing videos with post commentary.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 19, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Gonna give that a click right now, but just a head's up: might wanna make the image the slightest bit tinier. The quality of the image itself looks fine though

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The video quality was great, voice is easy to listen to, and the subtitles are a good touch for your particular commentary style. The only thing I think might irk some people is the video length, but I've uploaded 2-4 minute videos before for beat 'em ups, so you do what you have to.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The video quality was great, voice is easy to listen to, and the subtitles are a good touch for your particular commentary style. The only thing I think might irk some people is the video length, but I've uploaded 2-4 minute videos before for beat 'em ups, so you do what you have to.

Thanks for the feedback. And yeah, Plants vs Zombies levels are pretty short. I thought about doing 10 levels at a time in a single episode, but that seemed a bit long. Not really sure what I could do as a happy medium for this particular title.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Addamere posted:

Thanks for the feedback. And yeah, Plants vs Zombies levels are pretty short. I thought about doing 10 levels at a time in a single episode, but that seemed a bit long. Not really sure what I could do as a happy medium for this particular title.

Perhaps 5 levels, or just an awkward number each time? But the smaller videos don't impact the quality or anything, just will probably turn some folks away.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gonna give that a click right now, but just a head's up: might wanna make the image the slightest bit tinier. The quality of the image itself looks fine though

Following your advice, I've made a version of the title screens that are 640x480.

The levels are getting longer as the game progresses. Speaking of which, here's Level 1-3.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I think these are pretty good so far, Addamere. You've got a good voice for this. I'd suggest what GamesAreSupernice has already mentioned, and doing more than one level per video but that's entirely to your taste.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I like this game so I'll be watching it. But yeah, these videos are kinda short.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I like the micro-sized videos. It's novel and it definitely seems to work at least this early on when the game's introducing new stuff. If it gets to the point where you start to get routine levels where you just put into play techniques and mechanics you've already learned (I've never played PvZ so I have no clue) then I could see the short videos starting to annoy me.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a total of 50 levels, not including extras and mini-games. A thing I could easily do is mux together like 2 or 3 or 5 or even all 10 levels per in-game location into a single video. I'd have to jigger with annotations or whatever to make it possible to navigate between levels in a given video, but I think that's possible. I could then just post, say, one video that's Day: Level 1-1 through Level 1-10, and beneath it provide links to shorter videos for people who prefer them micro-sized. Doing all that necessitates me doing 10 in a row before posting, but that's not a huge deal I think. Does that sound like it'd please everyone?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Addamere posted:

There's a total of 50 levels, not including extras and mini-games. A thing I could easily do is mux together like 2 or 3 or 5 or even all 10 levels per in-game location into a single video. I'd have to jigger with annotations or whatever to make it possible to navigate between levels in a given video, but I think that's possible. I could then just post, say, one video that's Day: Level 1-1 through Level 1-10, and beneath it provide links to shorter videos for people who prefer them micro-sized. Doing all that necessitates me doing 10 in a row before posting, but that's not a huge deal I think. Does that sound like it'd please everyone?

I think at that point it ceases to be a casual LP but if you're up to the task that seems like a solid middle-ground.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll try it out for the rest of the Day levels and see how people like it.

As far as extra work, it's just one more step than I'm already doing to make the individual videos.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Antistasi Altis 2

For this op we head into one of the more populated to rescue some POWs. How many? 1 :flaccid:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's Play Santa Claus in Trouble

Santa in Trouble is a very short, simple, and strange 3D platformer. It's not open-world, it's strictly linear, and it's also not Mort the Chicken this time. It instead labors to answer a question that was on my mind for many years: How much design can you squeeze out of the standard double jump? The answer is "a lot more than I expected", so I think it's worth sharing for its odd place in the genre. And it's almost Christmas or something. There's that too. I guess that has something to do with it.

Videos

We almost saved Christmas!

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 26, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Snowmen'll fuckin' kill you

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek
The music and nostalgic feel makes this so much fun to watch, add to that its Christmas and I'm literally watching this while eating popcorns. I am not sure whether it is the textures, but the game also has a sort of dark but humorous feel to it, something you don't see in modern mobile "games".

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The final four levels. They're also the hardest and most creative.

Skypizza posted:

The music and nostalgic feel makes this so much fun to watch, add to that its Christmas and I'm literally watching this while eating popcorns

That sounds like an ideal way to watch this weird game to me.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Level 1-1
Level 1-2
Level 1-3
Level 1-4
Level 1-5
Playlist

Christmas is done and I'm back to working on Plants vs Zombies, a casual game about plants and zombies. As per some previous comments, you can click the big picture above to go to a video of five levels muxed together. If you prefer watching them one at a time and with captions available, then click each one of the named links below the image. Hopefully this middle ground satisfies all watchers of the series. If so, then I'll just keep rolling them out like this. Let me know.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
If the conveyer backs up, nothing bad happens IIRC. It will just stop giving you new ones from the right until you make some room.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is a post like the above what most people would prefer to see for 6-10, or should I put out 6-10 as individual videos and then the merged video, or...? This is all virgin territory for me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't think there's anything wrong with having single levels as videos as they get longer, but for now they're still pretty bite-sized so maybe doing a couple levels per video until they start growing in length is better.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I think the longer videos are superior but either is adequate

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with having single levels as videos as they get longer, but for now they're still pretty bite-sized so maybe doing a couple levels per video until they start growing in length is better.

Given that the [Day, Pt 1] video above has fewer clicks than any of the mini-videos linked beneath it I think I may as well keep producing the single-level episodes.

And as to length, at this point I actually endeavour to keep the videos short by speeding through repetitive bits and only focusing on the novelty. Above is the first example.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Stranded Deep is one of the myriad of Rust-like, first-person survival games that have flooded Steam in the past few years. SD has the benefit of actually being good, but it is still in Early Access after two years and, despite new updates to this day, sees little in the way of reaching completion or even fixing its core bugs.
That said, there's some entertainment to be had when you share the game with others and make your own goals. As such, this LP is a casual live-streamed playthrough (though still edited to remove long farming or traveling times) to show off as much of the game as possible. I'll explore every island in my seed, build a motored raft, fight the ocean life and make their corpses our mascots, and construct the most ramshackle and structurally questionable shack this side of Tim Burton.

Thanks to my chat being silly, watching BigTUnit1's LP of Skies of Arcadia might help this make more sense.

Updates are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Streams are Saturdays at my Twitch; the first stream (Parts 1-4) was on Hitbox, but my viewers had constant connection issues. The bitrate was also low, and that was fixed by the second stream.
The game is played on version 0.22, except for the final part which is played with the experimental 0.23 build.

(By crthemighty)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEBOman
Dec 27, 2009
I think solar stills collect evaporation from plants.