Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anime_Otaku posted:

Nope and it's doubly aggravating when you're doing your daily missions and it's something like a capture: contend because you can't queue for just the type you need it's any capture, or any death match when you need a vehicle death match. At least races let you just do them solo unless it's a rally.

Yarbwargle UI stuff like this cheeses me off like nothing else in games. :(

Mostly though I think it'll be irrelevant for me. Reason I'm even here is my brother's dragging me back in to do freeroam stuff with him, apparently you can be a CEO and make drugs and warehouse-sale cars and have a sick group office or something? I haven't kept up with any updates since Heists were added, basically.

Also I note there are Tron bikes in the game and I want one but I have like $100k to my name so now I'm sad because I don't know how to make money. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ciaphas posted:

? I haven't kept up with any updates since Heists were added, basically.

I don't know how to make money. :(

feels like I've made this post before.

all the CEO stuff you're talking about exists but if you're brand new to CEO, there is an initial outlay of millions (as in, 2.5 minimum) before you can even start to make money, much less see any net return. It's not the ideal way to make money for an infrequent player (or even most regular players)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Ciaphas posted:

Also I note there are Tron bikes in the game and I want one but I have like $100k to my name so now I'm sad because I don't know how to make money. :(

Have you done the heists yet? If not, doing all the heists in order with the same 4 people will net you a one time bonus of $2mil, plus whatever you make from the heists themselves. It's the quickest way to make that much money in GTA Online if your group knows what they're doing.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Money making solutions: https://discord.gg/u4Zdvpg

Play with other goons and heist!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Psion posted:

feels like I've made this post before.

all the CEO stuff you're talking about exists but if you're brand new to CEO, there is an initial outlay of millions (as in, 2.5 minimum) before you can even start to make money, much less see any net return. It's not the ideal way to make money for an infrequent player (or even most regular players)

Apparently he's already done the initial outlay part, he just wants more buddies in game with him besides his circle of friends. Figured I might as well see what's what.

My only problem with doing goon heists for cash is I've only done one or two of em and barely know what I'm doing, plus I don't like using KBM in this game so my aim is controller garbage :v: But I'll check on that if I'm still playing when my brother is done.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rockstar knows cheaters that exploit the game are costing them money, right? How the hell are they so prevalent? How does this poo poo last for years?

Some rear end in a top hat spawns a bunch of poo poo on me and explodes me around not letting me control my character for 5 straight minutes. I switch sessions. All this poo poo he spawned on me persists through sessions. What the gently caress is that poo poo? No matter how many times I switch sessions it's still there. And it's the big poo poo that you can't destroy.

Got this junk all around the military base and Eclipse building right now. This kind of garbage really ruins the game for me.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

A friend gifted me the game to play with them, and while signing up for my social club account I discovered apparently "Tyty" is a banned or reserved word for some reason. Wonderful. Thank you Rockstar.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Finally got my first top end import. Finally caught up to the police chase near Paleto Bay, where NPC thief conveniently took a hard right into a ditch where there was no possible way to get the car out.

Called in a Buzzard to try and go get a Cargobob, Buzzard wound up too damaged to clear the mountain. Forget it.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Pursuit thefts are the worst, I usually end up with like 5k damage before I can get the car because they just don't stop ever, even if you run them into something they don't pause before reversing.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What should i but from the bikers and imports updates to make more money? I have a ceo office and buzzard already as well as those dumb warehouses you take the crates to.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
From bikers, if you want to do the gang stuff decide weather you want to start in the city and end in Blaine county or the reverse and buy your clubhouse and businesses accordingly, I think weed and cocaine are the two that have the best return. CEO wise, the vehicle warehouses are all basically the same apart from price and location, that has the upside that buying the cheap one doesn't make you lose out on anything, but because of that it's more likely to have people staking it out to destroy or steal vehicles.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
It's snowing again so you guys should probably do actual fun things instead of just doing your video game work all night. But, what do I know?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Anime_Otaku posted:

Pursuit thefts are the worst, I usually end up with like 5k damage before I can get the car because they just don't stop ever, even if you run them into something they don't pause before reversing.

Best I found was pulling alongside and headshot the driver, instead of trying to box him in

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Which is the best location to buy a clubhouse?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Best I found was pulling alongside and headshot the driver, instead of trying to box him in

I tried and it didn't work. The only time I could pop him is after he put it in the ditch and I did it to make sure he wouldn't be able to get away. Little did I know there was no way of getting a car out.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

CJ posted:

Liberty City has some of the cheaper ones

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Liberty City has some of the cheaper ones

Those seem to be more expensive than the ones in the countryside. Is there a reason for that? Can you do the business stuff a lot more efficiently or something?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Anime_Otaku posted:

You can slip into sniper range before it activates the chase script.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Please don't fret over 5k damages

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

It's snowing again so you guys should probably do actual fun things instead of just doing your video game work all night. But, what do I know?

Wait is there snow on the funnel? And stunt races? I only caught like an hour of the first snow when I got back from a trip, and we had no funnels last year.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

davebo posted:

Wait is there snow on the funnel? And stunt races? I only caught like an hour of the first snow when I got back from a trip, and we had no funnels last year.

Snow didnt seem to stick on the funnel but the slippy was there, plus burnouts would kick up snow, plus you can pick up snowballs and throw them from the car

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

Please don't fret over 5k damages

I'm not, I probably should have clarified that, even with the AI after me, I can manage most other thefts in around 2k damage or less.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

CJ posted:

If you're going to be stealing supplies instead of buying them, don't buy the one in Paleto bay. You're just going to drive the entire length of the map twice in 99.9% of cases instead of driving across town for in-city businesses.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Is buying an executive office and stuff worth it to make money? I have ~ 3 million but I dunno if should just hold onto it or buy the CEO stuff?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Is buying an executive office and stuff worth it to make money? I have ~ 3 million but I dunno if should just hold onto it or buy the CEO stuff?

Office alone is worth it for Buzzard insta-spawning.

Terraplane
Aug 16, 2007

And when I mash down on your little starter, then your spark plug will give me fire.

Stupid Dick posted:

Does anyone else still have snow in their game? I've been playing a lot the past few night and apparently I'm the only one that still has it.

It probably doesn't matter now since the snow's back anyway, but on PS4, at least, I think the snow stays until you close the game. My brother had snow a couple of days after it was gone because he'd just been going into rest mode when he was done. Closing the application and restarting it changed it back.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
My PS4 broke so I bought this in the Steam Sale and holy poo poo shooting in GTA with a mouse makes it a way better game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I kind of hate switching between controller and KBM. Flying is complete and utter rear end on KBM but as you've discovered shooting is pretty assy on controller by comparison, so I guess I gotta deal with the annoyance :(

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.
Even worse, since I can't stand driving with mouse and keyboard, when I have to both drive and shoot, I end up using the controller single-handedly and using the mouse to aim.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CJ posted:

Those seem to be more expensive than the ones in the countryside. Is there a reason for that? Can you do the business stuff a lot more efficiently or something?

You need to go to the clubhouse to start jobs so if you want to drive out to paleto bay every time, and then back to the city to actually reach the job, buy one out there :shepspends:

I would suggest getting one in, or proximal to, the city.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

I kind of hate switching between controller and KBM. Flying is complete and utter rear end on KBM but as you've discovered shooting is pretty assy on controller by comparison, so I guess I gotta deal with the annoyance :(

Why switch, use both and ignore the keyboard altogether.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Mouse and... controller?? :confused:

(ed) Actually wait, left hand always on controller for movement rather than setting it down and switching to keyboard; right hand switches to mouse for aiming and firing... might be on to something.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I just sit with the controller on my lap and swap between em. You guys are gonna get arthritis doing that poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Mouse and... controller?? :confused:

(ed) Actually wait, left hand on controller movement, right hand on mouse for aim and fire... you might be on to something there.

If your hands are a reasonable size, you can hold the controller by the side with a thumb on the left stick, index finger on the left trigger and middle finger on the right trigger and drive with the controller while shootin dudes with the mouse.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I use the controller but have a tiny bluetooth mouse that i sit on. Wiggle to aim to flex a cheek to fire

dont ask how i use the wheel to scroll weapons

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I use the controller but have a tiny bluetooth mouse that i sit on. Wiggle to aim to flex a cheek to fire

dont ask how i use the wheel to scroll weapons

I hope it has haptic feedback.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Really can't stress enough that the Steam controller is a great option for GTA. Just play with the sensitivity on the right touchpad and the gyro (I use the touchpad for quick looking and the gyro for finer aiming) and you're good to go. Not quite as good as mouse but leagues ahead of analogue aiming.

Plus you can map useful functions, like I have autofire when I double tap and hold the A button for quick sprinting and respawning (and BMXing of course), and X on press/A on hold for the right paddle so I can jog and roll while aiming on foot where I would normally have to take my finger off the right stick to hit either button on an Xbox controller.

I still type with keyboard because no on-screen keyboard is going to make typing with a controller less of a chore regardless of what they do with it, but you can't have everything I guess.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 30, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Buschmaki posted:

You guys are gonna get arthritis doing that poo poo.

*typed out on a keyboard, the least healthy controller man has ever designed*

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

You need to go to the clubhouse to start jobs so if you want to drive out to paleto bay every time, and then back to the city to actually reach the job, buy one out there :shepspends:

I would suggest getting one in, or proximal to, the city.

This is what's annoying about I/E: having to fly back to the office from the docks after a delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

This is what's annoying about I/E: having to fly back to the office from the docks after a delivery.

just kill you're self and think of it as a $500 taxi ride

• Locked thread