Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there a good upscaled one that's cheap, I remember seeing a REALLY big(like 25% bigger) OSKO of him but it was like 175 dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

About a year ago there was one, may be gone now.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Good Listener posted:

I'm not super sure yet. I'd probably end up flying instead of driving if so and I have 2 big flights planned next year already. I'll figure things out and let you all know though cuz it was a good time :3:

I had a good time too, I'm looking for flights and I'm hoping the hotel is a good deal. Are there any Red Roofs in Reston? (lol)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Phy posted:

Lol that FIRRIB still (still! Like since the 90s!) generates the same volume of posting as stuff like Is Roberts Good Anymore.

I just came back to that. 99 posts and a toy pic in one.

Picked up the wave 3 TMs, man these things are stupid fun for being 5 bucks. Really reminds me of the smaller G1 guys.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

strangehamster posted:

I had a good time too, I'm looking for flights and I'm hoping the hotel is a good deal. Are there any Red Roofs in Reston? (lol)

LOL The closest are like 15 miles away which I am guessing is like 30 minutes in DC area traffic. Such is the case of trying to find any of them downtown that aren't in a few cities~

Also looking forward to reading TAAO later today. I got it downloaded and waiting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

No, not yet. You'll know I've hit my head when I show up with a shorter, Scottish avatar.

I loled.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Knormal posted:

God drat, you weren't kidding.

Anyway, there's some kind of Chinese toy convention coming up that a lot of the third-party manufacturers are apparently attending, so some new pics should be coming out soon. Here's the first.

That Omega Supreme is a good kinda chunky. But, woof, 470 bucks for the whole thing.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I like Omega Supreme and all, but I don't need a gigantic Masterpiece one that costs half a grand. I didn't even get Fort Max this year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

to tell people to please buy Bisk.

and Thermidor.

They can be Rumble and Frenzy, but lobsters.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
At least Omega Supreme turns into something, compared to the Autobot Cityformers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

I like Omega Supreme and all, but I don't need a gigantic Masterpiece one that costs half a grand. I didn't even get Fort Max this year.
You can just buy a Hasbro one for $100 USD in late 2018 anyway. Given usual delays, the FansToys one will probably show up after they start previewing Prime Wars Omega Supreme.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I wish we could argue more in good faith and intelligently present our disagreements without painting the other party as a rabid animal who's opinions come from a bunch of hosed up psychological issues.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 30, 2016

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

In good toy news, Twinferno is the poo poo.
Especially if you just pretend he has no arms, but 3 heads, in robot form.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

You can just buy a Hasbro one for $100 USD in late 2018 anyway. Given usual delays, the FansToys one will probably show up after they start previewing Prime Wars Omega Supreme.

Yeah, I already have that year of the snake one plus the original G1 Omega so that's good enough for me.

I like Omega Supreme because I had a copy of that episode where he wants to get revenge on the Constructicons on tape.

WickedHate posted:

I wish we could argue more in good faith and intelligently present our disagreements without painting the other party as a rabid animal who's opinions come from a bunch of hosed up psychological issues.

I dunno about all of y'all, but I was just havin' a laugh at DocWhat and Razorsaw's expense. I kinda skimmed y'all's posts so I dunno how vicious you guys got, but I think you guys should take a chill pill.

You kids are fuckin' nerds.

*goes and pulls out his children's toys and bashes them together and makes laser noises after studying the specs on the different TIE Fighter variants*

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WickedHate posted:

Death's Head was in the recent (and coincidentally named) Revolution mini-event that brought back a ton of old Marvel UK characters.
He also appeared in S.W.O.R.D. (not surprising as it was written by Kieron Gillen) awhile back, and was in the latter half of X-Men '92 which just finished up (although that's an alternate universe, but whatever).

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gammatron 64 posted:

*goes and pulls out his children's toys and bashes them together and makes laser noises after studying the specs on the different TIE Fighter variants*

look, when my ex bought me Universe Classics Prowl and Sunstreaker I totally didn't put them in vehicle mode and drive them on the table and make VROOM VROOM noises aged 28 don't judge me

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

look, when my ex bought me Universe Classics Prowl and Sunstreaker I totally didn't put them in vehicle mode and drive them on the table and make VROOM VROOM noises aged 28 don't judge me

Hey, honestly, that's a lot better than what I do. I just put my toys on a shelf and look at them most of the time. I'm not even being sarcastic or trying to make a joke this time, I'm serious. They're your toys, enjoy 'em.

So many of my friends just have so many rare and expensive video games on shelves that never actually get played and it's kind of a shame.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

my current girlfriend's two year old daughter has a thing about having toys get married then having a bath because "they poo everywhere". She also tends to put dresses on Transformers, so this is going to lead some interesting pictures in the future

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Look, Jet and Spaceship transformers have the "swooshability" stat for a reason.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Silverbolt's expression is what makes this image.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The bath will ruin his electronics. :ohdear:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm totally going to give her Chromedome and Rewind and tell her to let them get married

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Captain Invictus posted:

is "sperg" a Thing We Do Not Say now?

Apparently. I don't quite know or care why but it's a thing now apparently even here on SA which is like the only place I know that actually uses said term.

Then again what colors Rumble and Frenzy are has been a thing for years. poo poo is stupid, people suck. It's why I like Transformers because it's a short escape from sucky things.

I like Gobots and Beast Wars too.

FITE ME BITCHES! :doom:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gammatron 64 posted:

He's still 75 bucks with free shipping at entertainment earth. Pull the trigger!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

my current girlfriend's two year old daughter has a thing about having toys get married then having a bath because "they poo everywhere". She also tends to put dresses on Transformers, so this is going to lead some interesting pictures in the future
Nezbitron

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Once that Buzz Lightyear combiner is out we'll need someone to make a Mrs Nesbit add-on set for him:j:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

If they make a Peppa Pig combiner, she'd be all over it. Unfortunately, said toddler has issues with Woody

https://twitter.com/cookiekibbles/status/804013966016053248

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

WickedHate posted:

No, he's a ornament!

Did you see the picture from the U.K. comics (something Roberts has read no doubt) it was very convincing.

Here is the picture.

SlothfulCobra posted:

For a while, the Dire Wraiths got really embedded in the marvel universe for a while, ROM himself nonwithstanding.

I suppose Death's Head is still knocking around the Marvel universe too, somewhere. It's been a while since they gave their junk drawer a good rattling.

Dire Wraiths are a big faction in Marvel Cosmic, and Black Bolt had a harem of alien Inhuman wives in some of Hickman's Fantastic Four stuff, and Hickman is good.

DoctorWhat posted:

No it doesn't. No art or fiction "has" to do anything. The only reason you care is because the idea of the "fictional universe" has been so heavily marketed.

Life is much easier when you stop demanding those kinds of irrelevant, shibbolethic tributes.

I remember those lovely comic book movies that couldn't reference other material, like Steel, before the new "horrible trend" of cinematic universes and whatever became a thing, though. I think you're wrong, sorry. :shobon:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It is cool that Spider-Man and Iron Man can be in movies together! I really enjoy the MCU.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I remember those lovely comic book movies that couldn't reference other material, like Steel, before the new "horrible trend" of cinematic universes and whatever became a thing, though. I think you're wrong, sorry. :shobon:

Some movies are better for that, like X-Men. I mean, that film series has it's own problems, but one of the best things about it was giving mutants their own little world for once.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

He's still 75 bucks with free shipping at entertainment earth. Pull the trigger!

Ehhhh where am I gonna put him dude

If they make a Peppa Pig combiner, she'd be all over it. Unfortunately, said toddler has issues with Woody

https://twitter.com/cookiekibbles/status/804013966016053248

Somebody's poisoned the waterhole!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The coffee table, duh.

Not on it. AS it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Buy two. Make them kneel in opposite directions, holding a table up.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Buy two. Make them kneel in opposite directions, holding a table up.

I do have a Metroplex already...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WickedHate posted:

Some movies are better for that, like X-Men. I mean, that film series has it's own problems, but one of the best things about it was giving mutants their own little world for once.

Not to mention that Superman, Batman, Blade and Spider-Man had great movies that were not part of any shared universe.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TBH I'm kind of turned off to the new Spider-Man movie by how much Tony Stark is in it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

TBH I'm kind of turned off to the new Spider-Man movie by how much Tony Stark is in it.

We've probably seen every Tony scene in the trailer.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

Silverbolt's expression is what makes this image.

Silver "Max Payne" Bolt

So the basic I unwrapped today was... TR Bumblebee. And I might have opened the package already except someone posted TR Chase, who I'd really rather wait for. I mean, I've got at least two CHUG Bees, and two Movie Bees, and MP Bee...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

Not to mention that Superman, Batman, Blade and Spider-Man had great movies that were not part of any shared universe.

Steel. Batman and Robin. Catwoman. Constantine (although that was a decent movie in and of ourself, I will fight anyone who says otherwise.) Daredevil. Elektra. Generation X. Ghost Rider. Green Lantern. Hulk. Judge Dredd. The Men in Black movies (arguably their own thing and pretty funny but very far from the source material.) Spawn. All pretty bad movies, partially because they were compartmentalized. There's probably more, but l've seen all of these.

The Hellboy films were real good though, as was Mystery Men. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World was good too... but those movies did not really exist in a larger shared universe that people care about if at all.