Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

I.N.R.I posted:

If shes guilty of some kind of crime or fraud whatever then the way to get justice is report her to the authorities or take her to court or something.
She's not doing anything illegal, unless at the time it was not in accordance to her visa obligations.

It's hilarious as it brutally undercuts her attempt to portray herself as this savvy business woman who's got two MBA's and is a marine biologist. All the while trotting out to the press grand tales of taking charge at clubs or events where her marketing skills saved the night or developed some shoes.

The sad reality is she's a vain narcissistic snowflake who dreams of making it big in Hollywood as an actress and/or model. Sandi's sort of fortuitous to have found a niche where she can pretend she's a Hollywood something via Chris.

She got where she is not out of actual talent but pure desperation.
Her resumes pretty much scream "please give me something other than a shoot in a clothing magazine" and any casting agent worth their salt knows to pass over a candidate with a bunch of suspect unaccredited extras roles and padded with workshops. The work she has out there suggests she's not capable of applying herself to a role in any convincing fashion. However Sandi ignores this and expects this all to just change overnight and someone offers her a big break.

Apparently this is to come via her Star Citizen "connections" giving her a role alongside Gillian Anderson and Gary Oldman where the magic of acting will rub off and the casting genie will appear with a role that "her friend Gary" suggested she'd be good in.

And this isn't just Sandi, mind you, it's pretty endemic of thousands of wannabe's who just don't cut it. Many others simply glorify being an extra on a set and brag about the selfie with some lead at the wrap party as evidence of their "success" and they too hope that the adage of "who you know" will allow them to jump up the ladder.

The slightly more canny failures usually form their own casting agencies where they patronize their client base through passive-agressive blogs that mock the frustrations of people who have signed up for them and get no work. Or they go the whole hog and operate as skimmers, working as middlemen and extorting extra fees via dodgy talent competitions and endless casting workshops.

I wish I saved that .gif of her from something she did of her covering someone's eyes then slamming a laptop shut as it's the perfect thing to cut to with the tickle vid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah, i meant is it true he claimed all of that stuff, thanks for clarifying.

i think its really over the line to go that much effort to "expose" someone especially when a lot of it doesnt have anything to do with the game, although whether or not it has anything to do with the game isnt really important either. additionally i think its really bad that its apparently fair game to do insults based on his creepy detective work in this thread. if shes guilty of some kind of crime or fraud whatever then the way to get justice is report her to the authorities or take her to court or something.

You should call your parents about how you are part of #istandwithsandi, the year's almost up.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

his nibs posted:

oh reddit :allears:

You know how we keep asking if these guys haven't played any games in the last 20 years based on how little they seem to know about what has and hasn't been done? I think it may be time to ask that question again…

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

WebDog posted:

She's not doing anything illegal, unless at the time it was not in accordance to her visa obligations.

It's hilarious as it brutally undercuts her attempt to portray herself as this savvy business woman who's got two MBA's and is a marine biologist. All the while trotting out to the press grand tales of taking charge at clubs or events where her marketing skills saved the night or developed some shoes.

The sad reality is she's a vain narcissistic snowflake who dreams of making it big in Hollywood as an actress and/or model. Sandi's sort of fortuitous to have found a niche where she can pretend she's a Hollywood something via Chris.

She got where she is not out of actual talent but pure desperation.
Her resumes pretty much scream "please give me something other than a shoot in a clothing magazine" and any casting agent worth their salt knows to pass over a candidate with a bunch of suspect unaccredited extras roles and padded with workshops. The work she has out there suggests she's not capable of applying herself to a role in any convincing fashion. However Sandi ignores this and expects this all to just change overnight and someone offers her a big break.

Apparently this is to come via her Star Citizen "connections" giving her a role alongside Gillian Anderson and Gary Oldman where the magic of acting will rub off and the casting genie will appear with a role that "her friend Gary" suggested she'd be good in.

And this isn't just Sandi, mind you, it's pretty endemic of thousands of wannabe's who just don't cut it. Many others simply glorify being an extra on a set and brag about the selfie with some lead at the wrap party as evidence of their "success" and they too hope that the adage of "who you know" will allow them to jump up the ladder.

The slightly more canny failures usually form their own casting agencies where they patronize their client base through passive-agressive blogs that mock the frustrations of people who have signed up for them and get no work. Or they go the whole hog and operate as skimmers, working as middlemen and extorting extra fees via dodgy talent competitions and endless casting workshops.

I wish I saved that .gif of her from something she did of her covering someone's eyes then slamming a laptop shut as it's the perfect thing to cut to with the tickle vid.

She's going about it entirely the wrong way, because the tickle vids are the only time I've ever seen her acting like an actual, personable human. Perhaps she should scrap everything else, only market herself as that, and watch the offers start rolling in.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Chalks posted:

On one hand it's good for hacks to be published while the game is in alpha. On the other hand this hack isn't something complex, it's just down to the fact that there's literally no hack protection at all. Even without this video, it would have been possible to come up with the advice of "hey, how about some hack protection?"

The interesting question is what can CIG do about it, and what additional infrastructure and/or related costs need to be added server side to control this if any. I am assuming that nothing CIG can do client side would be enough?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

The cheating angle is great because it will be so much harder to convince themselves that the poo poo game isn't poo poo, and CIG won't do anything about it. :allears:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/110929975?t=02h09m21s

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's an easy thing to say, but with DLC and lovely releases it's impossible to apply that statement perfectly. For example Star Sector is still technically not finished, but it has a ton of content and was definitely worth what I paid. OTOH poo poo games like Sim City were finished but not worth playing.

I'd say a better rule is "Pay for what the game is, not what it could be."
i didn't say anything about buying bad, finished games or even bad, released games.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ComfyPants posted:

The cheating angle is great because it will be so much harder to convince themselves that the poo poo game isn't poo poo, and CIG won't do anything about it. :allears:
they've got a nice long weekend for it to spread with no intervention from cig so that's cool

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MedicineHut posted:

The interesting question is what can CIG do about it, and what additional infrastructure and/or related costs need to be added server side to control this if any. I am assuming that nothing CIG can do client side would be enough?

Anti-cheating in competitive games is almost an entire discipline unto itself, not a side-effect of just making a game. You can't do much to stop client-side hacking without saddling your game with poo poo like GameGuard or worse, and those are ineffective and controversial. Of course CIG could use their sophisticated team to use serv.... bwahahahahahahahaha

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 30, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

so that wtfosaurus vid where he watches the wallhax thing

he goes and tries to test it to see if bullets go through walls

they do

bullets register hitting your target through walls but do no damage

the guy getting hit flinches and everything

wtf

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/110929975?t=02h05m06s

"So erm, maybe the wall hack thing is erm, telling the server that there's no wall there"

We sure would be lost without insights such as this.

MedicineHut posted:

Anti hack code is really common in games like this so it's certainly something that they'd be able to implement.

It's strange though. CIG are currently claiming that they're trying to optimise the netcode to make the game playable at a decent ping. That's something you'd only bother to do once the net code is finished. There's no point spending 6 months optimising the code only to add a whole load of anti-cheat checks to it that'll obviously add huge overhead. You'd have to do it all over again.

Although cheats like this working in an alpha isn't unexpected, it either exposes the fact that CIG are lying about how close to completion their netcode is, or exposes the fact that they're not planning on including any anti-cheat in the netcode when they ship.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Dec 30, 2016

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Ho ho ho, this is delicious!

:discourse::discourse::discourse:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

they do

wtf

RIP Call of :nexus: and BattleLame

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CIG never takes shortcuts

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Just watched WTFosaurus camp the ammo crate for like five minutes and act like he's awesome

:lol:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

At last, a diagram that makes sense to me

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

At last, a diagram that makes sense to me

wait, which one is ben?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's an easy thing to say, but with DLC and lovely releases it's impossible to apply that statement perfectly. For example Star Sector is still technically not finished, but it has a ton of content and was definitely worth what I paid. OTOH poo poo games like Sim City were finished but not worth playing.

I'd say a better rule is "Pay for what the game is, not what it could be."

Well looks like they dropped the NDA or at least opened it up for streamers

If anyone wants to check it out twitch is currently loaded with people streaming it

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I like that even the description in that wallhack video is dropping burns on Citizens.

The Video posted:

While other pilots may try to buy their way to a better ship, our cheat gives you the definitive advantage letting you easily track your opponents and cut them down

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

they do

wtf

what magic is this? ben parry has to do some splaining.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

nawledgelambo posted:

wtfosaurus watching the wallhack video and raging about it:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/...975?t=01h53m51s

Added timestamp, thanks Inkel

You hosed up the link.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Here are all the games I'm a "backer" for:

Pathologic
Bloodstained Ritual
BattleTech
Numenera

I'm sure those four games will not even get close to the majesty of the Star Citizen Experience.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/110929975?t=01h57m38s

gently caress yeah, can't wait for WTFO to test this. :gary:

e: holy poo poo Star Marine is terrible, everyone gets right on everyone's face, slowly strafing and soaking up a shitload of bullets.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 30, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I don't get the appeal of cheating / griefing people outside of the game's established rules. Anyone can throw a chess board at their opponent. Even that is more understandable than cheating online because at least you're doing something and usually held accountable to some degree.

As soon as I cheat in a game I lose all interest in it.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Yokorose raises an interesting point: why are people playing a game that takes all the fun out of the game?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sorla78 posted:

Yokorose raises an interesting point: why are people playing a game that takes all the fun out of the game?

For the same reason we are following this disaster I imagine? I can't see myself enjoying hacking for any length of time outside of Star Citizen and even that's just because I have it in for the whales, but I don't kinkshame.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
I give up on the link, gently caress me

for your troubles friends, I was able to consult Dr. Thorne and Julianne Moore about the latest engine switch

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

WebDog posted:

However Sandi ignores this and expects this all to just change overnight and someone offers her a big break.

Even if it all played out like she dreams by the time Squadron 42 comes out she's only going to get called for grandma roles.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Scruffpuff posted:

She's going about it entirely the wrong way, because the tickle vids are the only time I've ever seen her acting like an actual, personable human. Perhaps she should scrap everything else, only market herself as that, and watch the offers start rolling in.

This is how I feel as well. I make fun of the tickle videos because :laffo: but along with that single graduation picture it's the only times she came off as human and sympathetic.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

nawledgelambo posted:

for your troubles friends, I was able to consult Dr. Thorne and Julianne Moore about the latest engine switch

I believe that's Jessica Chastain :eng101:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Acquilae posted:

I believe that's Jessica Chastain :eng101:

today is not my day

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A Mondrian man I see.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lmao

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ash1138 posted:

i didn't say anything about buying bad, finished games or even bad, released games.

My point is that if the money is worth it then there's nothing wrong with buying a good, unfinished game.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov posted:

Here are all the games I'm a "backer" for:

Pathologic
Bloodstained Ritual
BattleTech
Numenera

I'm sure those four games will not even get close to the majesty of the Star Citizen Experience.

I loved the concept/setting/ambiance of that game but I was largely just wondering around not knowing WTF.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Oh I just got it :laugh:

:ssh:It's loss.jpeg

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Scruffpuff posted:

Anti-cheating in competitive games is almost an entire discipline unto itself, not a side-effect of just making a game. You can't do much to stop client-side hacking without saddling your game with poo poo like GameGuard or worse, and those are ineffective and controversial. Of course CIG could use their sophisticated team to use serv.... bwahahahahahahahaha

Now consider what happens when CIG starts to face gold farmers.

Raskolnikov posted:

I don't get the appeal of cheating / griefing people outside of the game's established rules. Anyone can throw a chess board at their opponent. Even that is more understandable than cheating online because at least you're doing something and usually held accountable to some degree.

You're not playing the game anymore. You're playing your own game, where winning is defined by the amount of tears and salt you can harvest. And the Star Citizen community is one of the most fertile, self-absorbed, insufferably entitled fields of griefable manchildren to ever grace all of gaming.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm not sure if this is an unattributed Reddit/RSI forums quote because metagaming can be more fun than going after the original defined win state depending on the game (SC would be one such game). Games with lots of cheat (codes) make it fun to explore the limitations of the game world and add replayability, imo. What's a rampage in GTA without going "all guns, max armor/health" etc before getting started?

e: tax