Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I can't decide if i want Rider or Berserker gacha

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I'm going for the Rider gacha for sure, it's the only class I don't have a 5 star of and plus I wouldn't mind any of them. Medb might not be good but I love her art, and the other three are really powerful.

Tribladeofchaos fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 31, 2016

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nyaa posted:

I don't think berserker art team is very viable unless you pair them with art healer?

Vlad+Tamamo+Waver is great and a lot of fun. It's also quite easy to drop his NP 2 turns in a row under Fox Wedding and Waver buffs, which hits pretty hard (and generates a ton of stars).
If you prefer offense over defense, swapping Waver out for another Arts attacker (Nero Bride is probably the best choice, but Surfer Mordred is my personal go-to since I haven't got the former) to kill stuff a lot quicker, and you'll have someone that's not a caster to be using those stars that Vlad generates with his NP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You either get a choice of three stupidly powerful Riders or one that is at least a fun character who you can use in certain team builds to make male servants impossibly powerful which works in my favor since most of my higher end servants are dudes or a Clay person that I think counts as male.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

I don't think berserker art team is very viable unless you pair them with art healer?

I just need someone who is overall useful in an arts team and can deal well with lancers, since Arturia Archer is and forever will be my main damage dealer. Saber Lancelot somewhat works, but I'd rather have Vlad or Nightingale, who would get to do more than just be a random plugsuit target

I mean, Nightingale obviously needs someone Buster heavy to be really good, but I also have Ruler Martha and she's my favourite servant so far (also Shiki, but good luck getting her again), so that kinda works in my favour

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 31, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I guess i can never see the appeal since I don't have the fortune to build that stall art team...

But I don't need to because my berserker never dies! :black101:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nyaa posted:

I guess i can never see the appeal since I don't have the fortune to build that stall art team...

But I don't need to because my berserker never dies! :black101:

There's some beauty in shooting people in the face with water-gun excalibur every loving turn. Her NP gain is so loving broken, its amazing. And it does great damage too

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
So in about eight hours the first F/GO OVA should air, right?

I am expecting absolutely nothing. :geno:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

So in about eight hours the first F/GO OVA should air, right?

I am expecting absolutely nothing. :geno:

No Gudako is what I'll be sad about.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can expect Emiya Alter and that's it

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Tamamo sold out first.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Are there little Asterios? I still really want a fluffy.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Captain Baal posted:

You can expect Emiya Alter and that's it

My only issue with Emiya Alter is that personality wise isn't that basically indistinguishable from UBW Emiya? Based on Saber Alter's cynicism.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Raenir Salazar posted:

My only issue with Emiya Alter is that personality wise isn't that basically indistinguishable from UBW Emiya? Based on Saber Alter's cynicism.

I'd say he's more Hollow Ataraxia Emiya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7n0e5XMV-Y

God, I love that fight. I really want to see Hollow Ataraxia animated one day.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

Alter is not necessarily just a more cynical version of that character/an evil version. It is an alteration of said characters ideals and personality towards negative aspects.

Saber becomes a cold warrior with no real respect for others and is a tyrant as Lancer, but she still remains herself to some extent hence her basically becoming the Black Knight and her lingering affection for Shiro.

Cu who is normally a respectful knight that fights with insane finesse and is very jovial turns into a cold-blooded murderer who never smiles and fights like bulldozer with a million spikes jutting out of it however even he is able to respect Medb to some extent as cruel as his comment on her sacrifice is.

Jeanne Alter is probably the starkest contrast and maintains no facets of the original because she is wholecloth a creation of Gilles image of what he feels Jeanne should be. So she is a hateful holy woman who kills people in the very same way she was as her revenge on those who burned her. This is also why she is Avenger unlike the other Alters.

Heracles Alter is literally just evil Heracles because he stayed Berserker class and Berserker Heracles is back when the class had like just him and it took multiple medias before a Berserker that actually talked showed up. It's also worth noting that every Alter was created by someone else. Artoria and Herc by Sakura, Cu by Mebd, and Jeanne by Gilles. So Emiya Alter can literally be anything, I doubt he's just gonna be another cynical Shiro.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
What if Emiya Alter is a version of Shirou that instead of giving up his superhero ideal, doubled down on it to an insane degree

Sentai Superhero Emiya Shirou

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

BlitzBlast posted:

Tamamo sold out first.

So glad I was able to snag one for like 5000 JPY from YAJ!
I can only imagine how many people are refreshing their search for Tamamo and Nero.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man the OVA's got a pace like lightning. They might actually hit Orleans by the second hour at this rate.

Also we now have confirmation that the white haired dude in the back of Tristan's final ascension is Galahad.

EDIT: Ooooor they could just fill up everything past the OVA with ads, okay.

The OVA was alright. As exposition heavy as expected, but Cu was cool. Also adult Medusa Lancer and Rider Darius out of nowhere.

Also some Gudaguda.
If you're curious, Gudako cameoed as one of the other Masters who gets killed early on.

EDIT 2: Heyoooo, the Fate Extra anime trailer pretty clearly showed female Hakuno.

EDIT 3: The nonpaid New Years gacha will feature a genderbent Musashi.

If I'm reading this right, after 1/2 they'll be rotating out (?) gachas with limited Servants. We'll be rolling for Gilgamesh, Void Shiki, Iskander, Ilya, Kintoki, and Scathach.

EDIT 4:

They've started writing Part 2 now, and until it comes out we'll be getting four episodes of Part 1.5, "Epic of Remnant".

EDIT 5: Apocrypha is also getting an anime, holy poo poo.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 31, 2016

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

New HF teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsdsOWs9nWw

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
What a time to be alive with all these announcements

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm glad they managed to squish Riyo's Gudako in there, if only just for a bit.

This is the trailer for Epic of Remnant.

The four episodes are called (roughly)

1: Shinjuku Ghost Incident (keywords from /fgog/: Criminal gentleman, Ghost, Majin Alliance, The lazy man who can change into anything, demonic bullet, human female emperor, seigi no mikata)
2: Lady of Agartha (female warriors roar, smell of sakura, golden rainforest, imaginary city, the hero gone berserk, the sky without space, huge hole under the ground)
3: Showdown of Seven Master Swordsmen Heroic Spirits (duel of seven swords man heroic spirit, 5 falling stars, Swordsman with the heaven's eye, the ability to kill all, something about unlimited)
4: Heretical Salem (1692, witch hunt, judgement of witches, something about 7 people being hanged)

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 31, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I got this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Apo anime gently caress yesss

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gently caress yeah, I got 2 Jacks from the New Year gacha! Was worried about a Jeanne duplicate but it turned out fine.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I got Vlad from the Zerker gacha. Time for him and Tamamo's lv10 Fox Wedding to rip apart any boss i meet, ever.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Seeing as I had no money for the gacha I pulled the not class specific gacha.

I got the new 5* servant. From my first ticket.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Musashi's design is pretty good.

e: Hahahaha Cleo popped out just like a Danganronpa character.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 31, 2016

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How is the new servant? I'm guessing it's a saber?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A lot of people are saying she's kinda whatever, not bad, but not really that impressive.

Her NP's cool as hell tho.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

How is the new servant? I'm guessing it's a saber?

Yup, I dunno what her skill does, but she seems like she does damage. Her animations and design are really nice I think so I won't mind getting her if it happens.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Ah, I think she's BBQQA? I notice she's having trouble fitting in with Mashu and Helena. :(

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

She's a Saber Zerker

QABBB

I think I'm just going to pair her up with both Okita and Jack.

I have 3 pieces of 2030 now.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 31, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

No loving wonder Kojiro got chumped her NP is summoning a Buddhist Wargod stand to attack the enemy and then an Excaliblast

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The new servant is a hit very hard for one turn kind of build. But her stat is very good so she can continues to contribute damage as a decent saber. Might be great with tamomo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETjG1t-sE1E

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Wait what.

Did I just go 0 to 100% on Musashi with an Okita Art, Musashi Quick, Musashi Art crits? Holy poo poo her NP gain is insane if that's true.

Sure her first skill doubles the number of hits she does but still.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

ONE TURN VERY HARD CHARGING

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

InfinityComplex posted:

Sure her first skill doubles the number of hits she does but still.

:o:

fake edit: Not the one I'm looking for. But it works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Got Tamamo. I think Waver would actually be better, but I'm so pumped for the double arts buff, its going to be glorious