Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

weekly font posted:

What channel are new episodes of Last Man Standing even on now? A real network? CMT?

Friday nights on ABC. I was channel surfing and came across it last night. After watching it for about 5 minutes it's really awful. It's also the #1 rated syndicated show this year.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1603760/one-surprising-sitcom-is-seeing-major-success-in-syndication

frgildan fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I never gave a poo poo about Tim Allen/Home Improvement,honestly. I was always a Red Green kinda guy. Being Canadian and all. :canada:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

frgildan posted:

Friday nights on ABC. I was channel surfing and came across it last night. After watching it for about 5 minutes it's really awful. It's also the #1 rated syndicated show this year.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1603760/one-surprising-sitcom-is-seeing-major-success-in-syndication

America is a failed experiment

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I too thought Oldboy and Ip Man were a gay couple and I too thought it was great.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

precision posted:

I too thought Oldboy and Ip Man were a gay couple and I too thought it was great.

That wasn't the actor from Oldboy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'd been told it was and didn't think to look it up on the tribune.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Eric has been working so blue in the Patreon episodes, it's amazing.

Also, One Magic Christmas is just what you need for a long holiday drive. I forgot about Harry Dean Stanton hobo taking orders from the moon.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Eric has been working so blue in the Patreon episodes, it's amazing.

Also, One Magic Christmas is just what you need for a long holiday drive. I forgot about Harry Dean Stanton hobo taking orders from the moon.

Just image Stroszek with christmas hats is the best review for the movie

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Der necromancer

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so wait steve vomited on the audience at TWO live shows?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Stairmaster posted:

He hosed up drinking water and had to spit it out instead of choking. It was a nice thematic tie-in to all their Gallagher references.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

At the Suburban Commander show he poured water all over his face and made a mess while shouting "ANTIFREEZE" (what Hulkster does in the movie) all for the sake of visual comedy.

At the Batman & Robin show right after, he choked on his water and spit on some poor couple in the front row. Poor Steve. :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Do not worry about Carrie Fisher

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
I forget the exact line but the ISIS joke in the Batman and Robin episode had me laughing like an idiot on the subway.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Their Ventura tangent had me in tears.

"And the Riddler just threw cum on me like Silence of the Lambs. I keep saying 'what kinda riddle is that?'"

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
That imdb review at the end was disappointing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man, in this mailbag: "Does Pump Up the Volume hold up?"

Yes, yes it does. If they say otherwise, I'M LEAVING!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Calaveron posted:

Their prophetic death fatwa on Paul Walker is the best retroactive bit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I think the bit about not needing your mouth for laughing at 50 Shades Of Black is the hardest I've laughed at a mailbag.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Calaveron posted:

This is how I found out, just so you know. The internet is weird.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

I never gave a poo poo about Tim Allen/Home Improvement,honestly. I was always a Red Green kinda guy. Being Canadian and all. :canada:

Tim Allen got Galaxy Quest in his filmography, so he automatically wins over Larry in my mind.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Their prophetic death fatwa on Paul Walker is the best retroactive bit.

And Robin Williams

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So is it all but confirmed that the first movie in Worst of 2016 will be Suicide Squad?

I know they're totally going to do it at some point in the month, but they seemed kinda like they were talking about doing it next in the mailbag

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

So is it all but confirmed that the first movie in Worst of 2016 will be Suicide Squad?

I know they're totally going to do it at some point in the month, but they seemed kinda like they were talking about doing it next in the mailbag

That was my understanding, as well.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, Suicide Squad. What a mess of a movie that was. I really like Batman V Superman, especially the Ultimate Cut so I'm the odd man out in most discussions on DC films, but Suicide Squad just didn't do it for me at all. That very first trailer they put out before trying to chase after Marvel made it look like a really great, somber flick about these anti-heroes and villains but what they put out was just... that. It just reeked of studio meddling.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

davidHalestorm posted:

Tim Allen got Galaxy Quest in his filmography, so he automatically wins over Larry in my mind.

At least in that movie he was SUPPOSED to be a giant rear end in a top hat because he was playing not-William Shatner.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I hope they do Collateral Beauty as one of the worst of 2016.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I forget who said it, but I agree that "Suicide Squad is a mess saved by great acting".

I legitimately liked it. :shobon:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

precision posted:

I forget who said it, but I agree that "Suicide Squad is a mess saved by great acting".

I legitimately liked it. :shobon:

Me too

The boys clearly haaaaate it though so gear up for that

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think the special cut whatever version of Suicide Squad is a decent movie. Nothing I'd ever see a second time but it's miles better than BvS and even Man of Steel, both of which were firmly in the 'garbage I regret watching once at all' side of things. I'd still take literally any Marvel movie over it I'm pretty sure, but yea I don't think we can call it the worst hero movie of the year when BvS was around too.

That said there's absolutely tons to make fun of and I'm eager to hear them make fun of it.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Are direct to Netflix movies eligible for the Worst of 2016? Because I've heard terrible things about Special Correspondents.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Suicide Squad was the first movie I watched with descriptive audio on and I felt so bad for the poor lady having to describe the idiocy happening on screen.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

ghost emoji posted:

Are direct to Netflix movies eligible for the Worst of 2016? Because I've heard terrible things about Special Correspondents.

Pretty sure they've talked about a lot of stuff they've seen on streaming services so that should be fine.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Last year they did that wrestling dog movie

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Me too

The boys clearly haaaaate it though so gear up for that

They are very biased against Zack Snyder. They were not going to like it regardless of the quality of the film. They went in pre-disposed to hate it. Same with BvS. Was Suicide Squad a great film? Not really. Was it "worst of 2016 bad?" Not by a long shot.

I also don't understand their hate for Troma films.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
See I like some Troma Films and I can understand perfectly well why Andrew can't stand them.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

They are very biased against Zack Snyder. They were not going to like it regardless of the quality of the film. They went in pre-disposed to hate it. Same with BvS. Was Suicide Squad a great film? Not really. Was it "worst of 2016 bad?" Not by a long shot.

I also don't understand their hate for Troma films.

Snyder had nothing to do with Suicide Squad. If he did it probably would have been way better.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SleepCousinDeath posted:

Snyder had nothing to do with Suicide Squad. If he did it probably would have been way better.

He directed a part of it, but yeah you're right. Sorry. Working off a little sleep. What I meant is that they're pre-disposed against the Snyder-verse.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

sir, put those tweets down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ravenkult posted:

sir, put those tweets down

On a related note: I can't even see a picture of a black lady cosplaying as Wonder-Woman without the words "MOM GET OVER HERE" in their obnoxious nerd voice playing in my head. I feel I need a support group.