Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

HD really hosed everything up.

Is that what it is? Well gently caress me, don't I feel silly! :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Part of it. Now that everything is clear and good looking it's easier to see the divide. There's still a ton of CG that you'd never notice though. Its only when they make whole creatures or something where it's noticeable.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Most of my troubles are with supremely fakey landscapes/sets. Way too much Alice in Wonderland-looking poo poo lately.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Dark Souls and its brood are poo poo games. And no, it's not because of the difficulty, it's because of the Souls/Blood Echoes retrieval mechanic.

Please elaborate.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Please elaborate.

He doesn't like losing his souls when he dies two times in a row without making his way back to where he was. Some people don't like consequences.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

Please elaborate.

They are bad at Dark Souls therefore game is bad.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Git Gud is a perfectly acceptable response to someone's failings in a FROM game.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

Git Gud is a perfectly acceptable response to someone's failings in a FROM game.

I loved the first area of Demon's Souls because there was no way to level grind or anything if you were having trouble. Really set the standard for the rest of the game. That and Bloodborne are my favorites of the "Souls" games.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That counts as neither unpopular or opinion. It's fact. :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hellboy II has actually aged really well in terms of visuals since they made most of the stuff.

Anyway, my unpopular opinion is Hellboy II is the only superhero movie worth a drat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I liked Deadpool and I hate comic book movies. I think it had more to do with Ryan Reynolds than the source material though. (Maybe not, I haven't read comics since like 1992 so I have no idea.)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Deadpool would have been way better if it could have gone more than 2 seconds without trying to be edgy as gently caress.

The only truly great comic book movie is Dredd.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Fister Roboto posted:

Please elaborate.

Any game that holds your XP hostage via repetition of an entire sequence, most likely itself repeated several additional times, is poo poo.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Plom Bar posted:

Any game that holds your XP hostage via repetition of an entire sequence, most likely itself repeated several additional times, is poo poo.

You're free to dislike the system, but the incredible death penalty is sort of a cornerstone of Soulsborne difficulty; saying you don't like them because of that system but not because of the difficulty doesn't really make sense.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't die and you wont' have to :v: Negative consequences for something in a game isn't inherently a bad thing. Also, anyone overstating that much what a big deal it is to lose your souls has obviously barely played it. It's the type of thing really impatient people saying after refusing to play by the games rules for an hour.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Solice Kirsk posted:

He doesn't like losing his souls when he dies two times in a row without making his way back to where he was. Some people don't like consequences.

veni veni veni posted:

They are bad at Dark Souls therefore game is bad.

poptart_fairy posted:

This, also, is why the games are poo poo. Any series that cultivates a culture of prideful exclusion because not everyone has the patience for rote memorization is not something I want any part of. I played the first Dark Souls to completion, waiting for that Moment everyone kept telling me I would have, and all I got was a resounding Thud of an ending.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The thing that bugs me is how defensive they get when you ask them to smoke their weed outside. They will insist up and down that the smell goes away

Well yes if they go outside.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Plom Bar posted:

This, also, is why the games are poo poo. Any series that cultivates a culture of prideful exclusion because not everyone has the patience for rote memorization is not something I want any part of. I played the first Dark Souls to completion, waiting for that Moment everyone kept telling me I would have, and all I got was a resounding Thud of an ending.

It's not prideful exclusion. It's a jokey way to respond to people when they are being really whiny about Dark Souls, because many people that don't like the games are incapable of just accepting that it might not be their thing and insist that all of the game's mechanics, which other people really like, are total poo poo.

Sometimes people just say "I don't enjoy dark souls" and they don't get the same response as someone who comes in stomping around and calling everything about the game poo poo because they don't enjoy it or are bad at it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

veni veni veni posted:

Unpopular opinion, at least here: Judge Dredd was superior in every way to Dredd. It is also one of the only movies where Rob Schneider was a positive addition to the character list.

In the new one I don't even think he says "I am the law" ever. Come on. e: actually he does but he gets the tone all wrong.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Dec 31, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Well the Stallone version is certainly funnier. The actor playing his brother was having a blast in every scene.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I enjoy Dredd as a tight little dystopian action flick more than I care about the source material.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sorry to post a hard fact in the opinion thread but anyone who doesn't think Judge Dredd was the best possible Dredd film probably just wasn't around to read the printed cartoon back in the eighties. Because the source material is absolutely fantastic.

In the nineties I read some newer Dredd by Americans or something (I think) and it was rubbish.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pauly Shore and Andy Dick were great in "In the Army Now." It's a good movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfBoG3EnSaw

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I enjoy Dredd as a tight little dystopian action flick more than I care about the source material.

Dredd led me to watch The Raid and that was hands down the best thing it did. I really loved both of the Raid movies.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate The Raid and the sequel. One of my favorite moments in The Force Awakens is when the people from The Raid show up and promptly die.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mad Dog versus the two brothers is such an amazing fight scene

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've always had the sneaking suspicion that Deadpool was such a success somewhat in spite of itself. It wasn't because it was a great game-changing superhero movie, it did well because it was a great comedy and nothing else came out around it. poo poo, I remember seeing it in theaters more times than I otherwise would simply because there was nothing else to see.

A bit late to this one, but Arrival is overrated. I adore the film, don't get me wrong, but man in the end it's a Doctor Who episode gussied up.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

veni veni veni posted:

Deadpool would have been way better if it could have gone more than 2 seconds without trying to be edgy as gently caress.

That's been Deadpool's whole theme since forever though. And Ryan Reynolds' to a certain degree.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
If I cheat myself through a single player game, I feel the same as if I tried hard and beat it on my own merits. So why not just cheat? :shrug: I get no satisfaction from whatever sense of overcoming obstacles in my entertainment that others get, it's just a game, it's not important, and it exists to make me happy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

If I cheat myself through a single player game, I feel the same as if I tried hard and beat it on my own merits. So why not just cheat? :shrug: I get no satisfaction from whatever sense of overcoming obstacles in my entertainment that others get, it's just a game, it's not important, and it exists to make me happy.

I play games for the story and/or exploration so I usually play on the easiest difficulty setting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Depends on the game really. If the challenge is part of the appeal or adds to the atmosphere, I'll play it on the hardest difficulty. If I just want to see what the game has to offer and watch stuff blow up or see what happens in the story I'll play on easy.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Video game stories are incredibly dull. I skip through any cinematics that let me and just want to beat the thing. Cheating is ok if you aren't good enough I guess. Most games I play are only worth playing the multiplayer version of, story mode is boring when you could beat a real person.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
The only game I played on increasing difficulty and felt it improved my experience was Elite Beat Agents. Got perfect S ranks on all tracks with Commander Khan.

So, basically music/rhythm games only.

Video game stories are incredibly dull. I skip through any cinematics that let me and just want to beat the thing. Cheating is ok if you aren't good enough I guess. Most games I play are only worth playing the multiplayer version of, story mode is boring when you could beat a real person.

Also the opposite of this. All PvP in games is immoral, it only causes hurt feelings and bad attitudes and leads to anti-authority thought.

Aramek has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Dec 31, 2016

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Darks Souls levelling has pretty small incrememts so if you're scared it's pretty easy to bank your exp at a bonfire.

'Poker is an awful game if I lose a round I lose all the chips I wagered :('

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009
I think men who still have a penis should always use the mens toilet even if they like to dress as women.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Most games I play are only worth playing the multiplayer version of

You only play bad games then :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

caboodle posted:

I think men who still have a penis should always use the mens toilet even if they like to dress as women.

There should be only uni-sex toilets.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

There should be only uni-sex toilets.

Great for newly built places. Impractical for most places.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

You only play bad games then :shrug:

It's almost like different people like different types of games and there is no objectively "good" game that everyone is going to enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's almost like different people like different types of games and there is no objectively "good" game that everyone is going to enjoy.

Bad people such as you like bad games :mmmhmm: