Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Don't listen the haters, True Men can do some neat stuff. You just have to play slow and careful. Those higher characteristics can pay off immensely in the long run.

All this stuff is pretty solid advice, its also alot of fun imo to play true kin completely opposite of the type you are picking. For example playing an artifex with the minimum intelligence specced out as a warrior to take advantage of the fact you start with all of the vital tinkering skills without needing the intelligence for it (true kins +20 skill points per level will make up the difference). Other notable classes to do this for are Syzygyrior for the two dual wielding skills and Consul for the recruiting abilities, though in the case of those two you want at least middling starting stats in their primaries since agility cant really be minimized on most builds and inspiring presence gives a bonus based on your ego.

Also just as a general rule of thumb unless you are doing a silly gimmick build you always want every true kin build to start with 18 intelligence, their bonus skill points/stats making it real easy for any of them to spec into tinkering right away is the reason to play them, and you are at a huge disadvantage if you don't do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

My first end game character was a no int artifex. They start with so much gear you can take them in pretty much any direction

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

quote:

You butcher painted eyeless crab shell 4 -3

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
  • Added a minimap (Options > Overlay UI > Show minimap). It defaults to off.
  • Added rarely-occurring, historic-esque ruins to the underground caves.
  • Reordered the keybinding menu to put useful commands up top.
  • Removed the extraneous 'Use Mutation' keybind.
  • Removed the 'search' command. Now you automatically search when you enter a tile. Your chance of finding hidden things is based on your Intelligence.
  • All 4 historic dungeons are now discoverable via shrines, engravings, and paintings.
  • Waste, trash, and scum-based historic locations now occasionally contain conveyor belts.
  • Unstable Genome no longer triggers indefinitely.
  • Reduced the amount of qudzu in rusty biomes.
  • Gave Mafeo some plump mushrooms.
  • Gave apothecaries some vinewafers.
  • Added a few more sultan shrines to historic locationts.
  • Added a nice iron fence around sultan shrines in historic locations.
  • Added an alternate keybind (northeast) to store an item in a container.
  • Fixed relics sometimes generating in unreachable tiles.
  • Fixed an issue causing blink-based relics to grant immunity to all damage.
  • Fixed a rare exception in the Brain component.
  • Fixed an issue with case-sensitivity on the textures folder in a mod.
  • Added a missing acid pool type.
  • Added a missing oil pool type.
  • Fixed [redacted].

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Thanks for the advice all. Going to give a Syzygyrior a try.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unormal posted:

• Removed the 'search' command. Now you automatically search when you enter a tile. Your chance of finding hidden things is based on your Intelligence.
  • Reduced the amount of qudzu in rusty biomes.

Yay these especially.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, I just had the historical site I discovered at Joppa overwrite one of the rust wells.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It was full of glowpad and glowfish cultists, then I got ambushed by a bear. RIP.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
The sandstone walls around the pools of fresh water in Kyakukya don't stop me from walking through em. I made sure to take all the fresh water before reporting this bug.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are they supposed to be full walls or low pool walls?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Synthbuttrange posted:

Are they supposed to be full walls or low pool walls?

Given how precious water is, being the currency and all, I think they'd want me not to take it all.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Unormal posted:

• Removed the extraneous 'Use Mutation' keybind.

I actually kinda liked it on M, so I figured I'd just rebind it, but it's apparently impossible to use M as an alternate keybind, for anything. It just drops back out of the menu unceremoniously without changing anything.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dachshundofdoom posted:

I actually kinda liked it on M, so I figured I'd just rebind it, but it's apparently impossible to use M as an alternate keybind, for anything. It just drops back out of the menu unceremoniously without changing anything.

Ah, bugged, I'll post a hotfix in a few minutes.

E: Hotfixed

Unormal fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 31, 2016

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

My god, how much health does the glowpad merchant have?

e; nvm, it's dead. That was a day and a night at the least

Fuligin fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 31, 2016

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
so I just bought this... any starter tips? I've died pretty like a dog on my first few tries as I attempted to do what I guess is the starter quest stuff.

*thanks!

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 31, 2016

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

so I just bought this... any starter tips? I've died pretty like a dog on my first few tries as I attempted to do what I guess is the starter quest stuff.

Incidentally, I just wrote a new OP draft below, which has links to three guides plus some general tips and a quick build code to use:

Buy it here on Steam Early Access! DO IT NOW!

From the Early Access trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqz0p_kiDIQ):

"Caves of Qud is a science fantasy roguelike epic steeped in retrofuturism, deep simulation, and swathes of sentient plants. Come inhabit an exotic world and chisel through layers of thousand-year-old civilizations. Decide: is it a dying earth, or is it on the verge of rebirth?"

All you really need to know is right here:

Angry Diplomat posted:

Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT PLANTS. Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT ANIMALS. Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT BUGS. Kill a bear and EAT IT, just EAT AN ENTIRE BEAR. KILL EVERYTHING. Descend into the DEPTHS OF THE WORLD and retrieve ANCIENT TECHNOLOGICAL ARTIFACTS. KNIFE-FIGHT a GIANT DRILL ROBOT and WIN. Be a COOL WASTELAND KNIGHT. Be a TWO-FISTED COWBOY. Be a HOMICIDAL NINJA TURTLE with an AXE and a SHOTGUN. SPONTANEOUSLY BURST INTO FLAMES. Get into a GUNFIGHT with a HYENA-MONSTER and accidentally anger a HERD OF MAJESTIC HULKING DEMON HORSES with your crossfire. Fly into the air like a BEAUTIFUL EAGLE and then SWORD-FIGHT a GIANT DRAGONFLY. MIND CONTROL a TWO-HEADED BOAR and MAKE IT WEAR CHAIN MAIL and KILL YOUR ENEMIES. Encounter a LEGENDARY PLANT with an INTIMIDATING SKULL MASK and the ability to THROW FIERY DEATH FROM ITS HANDS. CONTRACT HORRIFYING DISEASES. Go to THE DEATHLANDS and discover that THE DEATHLANDS are called THE DEATHLANDS because they will KILL YOU DEAD. HACK OFF A ROBOT’S HEAD AND EAT IT. Get into a SLEDGEHAMMER DUEL with a ‘ROIDED-OUT SUPERCANNIBAL. Be SO TECHNOLOGICALLY ILLITERATE that you BREAK A BOX OF CRAYONS attempting to figure out what it is. Be SO TECHNOLOGICALLY GIFTED that you can make an ACID GRENADE out of a PLASTIC TREE and a FOLDING CHAIR. Build your own FLAMETHROWER. Build your own LASER GUN. Build your own HANDHELD NUCLEAR BOMB and BLOW YOURSELF UP WITH IT. Collect MAGMA in a CANTEEN. Pour MAGMA into a pool of ACID to see what happens. DRINK MAGMA. TELEPATHICALLY LOCATE an enemy and HATE IT TO DEATH with your TERRIFYING BRAIN SORCERY. Have your LEGS CUT OFF and then REGROW YOUR LEGS and pick up your previous legs and EAT YOUR OWN LEGS. Encounter your EVIL TWIN and then summon six of your own GOOD TWINS to fight your evil twin’s SIX EVIL TWIN TWINS in a FOURTEEN-WAY PSYCHIC LASER DEATH RAVE and then BURN TO DEATH when all of the combined PYROKINETIC MIND FIRE from all of the TIME CLONES causes the ENTIRE MAP TO COMBUST AND MELT.

============================================================

SplatterCat Review, great summary of why you should buy Qud hey did you buy Caves of Qud? You should watch this and then play Caves of Qud (also this video covers a great opening playthrough that's still applicable today):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSNP0RK-M_Y&spfreload=5

Quick Starting Tips

• Whenever you start a new game, press A to open your Abilities window and bind your keys so you can use them quickly, especially Sprint, so that you don't need to press A every time you need to use something from there.
  • On not dying of thirst: only fresh water is drinkable, and that's also money, so be careful to not spend all your water and die outside of town.
  • On not starving: Corpses are all edible right now, so try to eat corpses all the time as you move if you find food to be an issue. Glowfish corpses only weigh 5 pounds, are plentiful in the marshes outside of Joppa, and provide a ton of satiation. Butchery is also a good way get lightweight food, but not all things can be butchered (and some things cannot be butchered at all unless you invest further down the tree, but just the basic 50sp Butchery is typically sufficient).
  • Rebind the 'l'ook key to whatever makes sense, because you should be looking at things all the goddamn time. With the way 'l'ook targetting works, you don't have to manually aim at things, the cursor will snap to targets and rotate through them as you move (and you can still 'u'nlock your targetting on the look window as well).
  • Seriously, rebind look. Personally, I rebound 'x' to look because I play with numpad and a bunch of abilities and stuff on the WASD area. L is too far out of the way for me.
  • Here's a super-sturdy starter character build code (enter it in your library, New Game -> Option C -> 'E'nter Code): BJPNNMEKBBBCBPBT, a mutant Warden with Carapace + Regeneration + Night Vision + Burrowing Claws; max Carapace and Burrowing Claws before Regeneration. Note that this is not a great build in general, it's specifically a way to jump in and be harder to kill while punching things hard. Also you can dig through walls by just bumping into them!

FAQ/Random Stuff Because I Didn't Build Structure For This OP

Gimme dat wiki
http://cavesofqud.wikia.com/

What's the difference between True Kin and Mutants?
True Kin are humans born into the shelter of great arcologies, shielding them from the harsh environment and leaving them more-or-less normal human beings. They get more starting attributes, more skill points throughout the game, and better starting gear. The Praetorian class in particular is a general fighter class, but starts with extremely good armor, weapon and shield, and a rifle (extremely useful) with the skills to use all of them fairly well.

Mutants get mutant abilities of your choosing instead of those things, and can generally kill True Kin with ease since you'll eventually get equivalent gear.

At current time, True Kin are better for newer players to experience the very beginning of the game, but once you feel even a little bit comfortable, you'll likely find that Mutants are vastly stronger than True Kin except during the first few levels of the game, and even that is not applicable once you understand mutations. Also mutants are extremely fun.

Got any guides on how I can not die so fast?
This is handy in general: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=482992557

This is a good walkthrough of most of the game, and is mostly up to date: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484204201

If you want to kill things with your mind, read this guide on killing things with your mind (it's still pretty on point for a pure esper as well as a general overview of each mental mutation): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485294321

How about skill builds? Hey, speaking of, how do I load a skill build?
[Gimme some builds to put here, I'm literally too lazy to even dig up my own previous posts right now.]

How do I get more bullets as a Mutant Gunslinger?
You have to trade for them. Right now, the Gunslinger class itself has a real, real crappy start. Pick anything else and once you understand how to get lots of bullets (i.e. buying them from multiple shops) you can start being a Gunslinger on any class.

What are some good Physical Mutations?
  • 5 mutation points - Freezing Hands. Lets you kite and kill things way stronger than you to level up fast, it has a very long range. You can beat stuff up too, and every successful hit drops the target's temperature a bit more with Freezing Hands.
  • 1 point - Night Vision. You don't have to wait to get a Floating Glowsphere or Mining Helmet in order to use both hands (otherwise you're holding a torch or glowsphere) and it also means you don't have to use *any* slot (hand, head, or floating) to be able to see at night.
  • 4 points - Carapace. Maxed out, this is one of the best armors in the game, and it also doesn't weigh anything. Even just 1 added point in it while leveling up means you'll have some of the best early game armor. Maxed out, it's 8AC -2DV and I think 55 cold/heat resist, which is insanely good. There's a quest in a very cold place, so this maxed + an Elastyne cap (very cheap and somewhat common, it's +25 more cold resist) means that part is easy, plus it's nice to not be frozen or burned to death in general.
  • 2 points - Burrowing Claws. Hand mutation, so you can't take it with Freezing Hands. Lets you break through any wall in the game once you get it to a higher level, also gives you some added AC. If you love exploring and/or having more loot, take this. You literally bump into walls to break them down. May take more than one attack, may take several hundred if it's lower level and you're trying to break through a fulcrete wall.
  • 5 points - Regeneration. Heals you over time, but fast. Also lets you regrow limbs that get, uh, misplaced. I used to take this on every character but once you get comfortable, it's really not necessary. It's nice though, for sure, especially if you take it with Carapace; it's very basic but a huge amount of survivability.
  • 4 points - Triple Jointed. Agility boost and chance to dodge projectiles and attacks at the cost of strength. If you like stabbing things, *a lot*, take this. Personally, not a fan, but a lot of people do some crazy things with this for high-dodge (DV) stabber builds, especially since there's an attack-when-you-dodge skill with Short Blades.

What are some good Mental Mutations?
Gonna cite the same person's guide:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485294321

Here's my opinion, from the standpoint of a hybrid esper player more than pure esper:
  • 2 points - Mental Mirror. For two points, you never need to worry about mental attacks, like confusion or sunder mind. This means you can fully ignore Willpower (unless you want it because you're going for an Esper build). Per the linked guide above, this is actually a bad choice for a real esper. If you're hybrid at all, maybe worth it in your eyes to ignore willpower.
  • 4 points - Time Dilation. Lets you attack and move faster than enemies close to you. Bullet time!
  • Speaking of, Esper builds are really good but harder to get started with than a physical build. Esper costs 1 point and locks you into Mental-only mutations. They cannot take any physical mutations but are vastly stronger later. Someone else can chime in with an esper build, I've never spent the time to really get them off the ground. The general idea is focusing on Ego (because all Mental mutations get your Ego mod as a free level-up) and then only spending your mutation points to get new mutations, which will always be new mental powers, which will instantly be boosted by your Ego. You still need some Willpower (at least 16) because Willpower affects their cooldowns. Again, the guide linked above is very useful.

What mutant defects are worth taking?
You can only take one of these. They're negatives that give you more mutation points.
  • -3 points - Amphibious. This is a physical defect that gives you 3 more mutation points. It means you consume 67% more water. Once you get a handle on the economy and learn how to make money, this is basically 3 free mutation points (ee the "What's worth selling?" section below) though it will very possibly kill you dead if you struggle to earn water.
  • -3 points - Ravenous. The food version of Amphibious. I used to take this instead of Amphibious, until I realized 67% more water weighs a lot less than 67% more food.
  • -2 points - Beak, if you're not an esper and newer. You get an extra attack and lose 1 ego along with the ability to use a face slot. Face slot is very useful, but if you're new you can go without it if you want 2 more points and don't feel confident enough to handle Amphibious or Ravenous.
  • -3 points - Evil Twin. This is a mental defect that has a chance, every time you zone in somewhere, to spawn an Evil version of yourself from another dimension that tries to kill you. If you're confident you can take yourself on, go for it. IMO only worth it if you're an Esper.

How do I deal with all this heavy loot like water and rifles and nanomolecular killboomery?
Water and other heavy loot can just be left on the ground in a safe place you can return to, it's never touched or destroyed right now (unless you're like me and accidentally throw a grenade or fire a flamethrower at it).

Personally, I use the recoiler spawnpoints in Joppa and Grit Gate as stashes and carry around lighter valuables in case I come across a water merchant on the overworld. Otherwise I only haul heavy loot if I'm making a dedicated trip to Six Day or Kyakukya something. Breaks immersion over using a Joppa shack or a chest or whatever, but extremely quick. Note that there is a non-zero chance that the Templars which assault Grit Gate later might blow your poo poo up in crossfire if you leave it there before the appropriate mission. Once I complete Golgotha I typically move my stuff to the far west side of Q's room.

What is and isn't worth selling?
This is not an all-inclusive list, but it's a good start to what's worth picking up to sell in terms of how much weight it carries. The more ego you have, the more water you'll make.

Let's talk about what isn't valuable:
  • Weapon-wise, bronze and iron everything sucks rear end except for Long Swords and Iron Daggers. Handaxes suck to sell, battle axes and maces aren't worth that much for the weight (and honestly long swords aren't that much better).
  • Armor-wise, pretty much no body armor, shield, helmet, glove, or boot is worth picking up in the early game. Once you're mid to late game this is still somewhat true unless it looks like it's got special modifiers or is lightweight.
  • Muskets, Desert Rifles, and Short Bows are all really heavy

What *is* valuable?
  • If you see a merchant nearby or can easily ferry stuff to it, literally everything, even the not-worth-selling stuff above. This refers to times when you may meet a traveling Dromad merchant near a dungeon or place you're exploring so you can just basically pick something up and turn it into money nearly instantly.
  • Every melee weapon that is Steel or better if you have the carry weight. This includes Steel, Carbide, Folded Carbide, fulcrete, crysteel, and more. Basically, the name will be in color (or in Steel's case, bright white).
  • Every pistol, and every rifle except the Musket.
  • I usually hold on to them, but the bracelets and neck-rings that Snapjaws carry. They're actually worth a lot.
  • Artifacts (except the Metal Folding Chair) as even crayons sell for a ton compared to their weight (1 pound)

People will fill this thread with useful advice pretty quickly. I'll update the OP as time goes on because this is one of my favorite games ever, and it's not even done.

Live and drink, traveler.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Autoexplore doesn't stop on turret chirp anymore, not even on the dual chaingun turrets that were behind a wall that I walked two spaces towards two squares outside of Joppa before the game stopped my walking :(

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I don't know if autoexplore ever acknowledged turrets until after they open fire. At least, I don't think it ever did after the mercy chirp was implemented. My guess is that turrets don't count as hostile until the round after they see you, so autoexplore doesn't see them as enemies until they attack.

Speaking of bugs though, that's some drat fast service on the keybind hotfix, thanks!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I'd almost put Angry Diplomat's review above the header image.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Fuligin posted:

My god, how much health does the glowpad merchant have?

e; nvm, it's dead. That was a day and a night at the least

Hmm my experience with the hostile glowpads in my sultan ruin was the same, they have stupidly high defenses I think.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is it intentional that you cannot see item weights in the trade screen?

Also with an evil-me on screen what the hell caused all my waterskins to rupture?

edit:Oh my god I persuaded evil-me to join me.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Dec 31, 2016

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

bazomatic posted:

What are some good Mental Mutations?

I feel like Psychometry belongs on the list. Even with only level 1 it solves the early-bullets problem, gives you loads of grenades for utility and emergencies, and gets you to extra loot in ruins.

edit it does cost skill points to make it useful if you're not an arconaut, though, so that's a concern.

Benly fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 31, 2016

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Benly posted:

I feel like Psychometry belongs on the list. Even with only level 1 it solves the early-bullets problem, gives you loads of grenades for utility and emergencies, and gets you to extra loot in ruins.

edit it does cost skill points to make it useful if you're not an arconaut, though, so that's a concern.

Good point, plus once you find a grenade launcher your money problems are over, adding that in.

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
So, I got Sproggiwood during the steam sale and enjoyed it (though it felt like it was lacking a little in content and the village building aspect felt pointless) when it hit me:

Caves of Qud is the sequel/prequel to Sproggiwood.

The mushroom people will be reborn!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Pumpkinreaper posted:

So, I got Sproggiwood during the steam sale and enjoyed it (though it felt like it was lacking a little in content and the village building aspect felt pointless...)

They'd initially planned for the village-building to be much more involved, but it was cut for scope reasons. :rip:

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is it intentional that you cannot see item weights in the trade screen?

Also with an evil-me on screen what the hell caused all my waterskins to rupture?

edit:Oh my god I persuaded evil-me to join me.

You can see the total weight in your pack changing in the bottom corner (and info scum un-id artifacts thusly)

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh my god I persuaded evil-me to join me.

Hahaha what happened? Is he still following you around? Has ANOTHER Evil Twin been generated?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Wandering lost, stumbled onto a location I know of from artifact questing, still lost.

Is that intended?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Every time I start a game, I always mean to ask (and quickly forget to); is there an actual calendar? I remember trying to figure out the calendar in Daggerfall back in my pre-regular-internet days. Any plans on implementing anything regarding the days of the week/month/solar planetary trip, ir is it more for flavour text? Either way is cool, just curious.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bazomatic posted:

Hahaha what happened? Is he still following you around? Has ANOTHER Evil Twin been generated?

Didnt get to find out because Good-Evil-Me's time clones are still EVIL and hate me, which led to an unfortunate mind-fight between me, evil-me, my good time clones vs a bunch of evil time clones, in the middle of a tar pit, with pyrokinesis

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Every time I start a game, I always mean to ask (and quickly forget to); is there an actual calendar? I remember trying to figure out the calendar in Daggerfall back in my pre-regular-internet days. Any plans on implementing anything regarding the days of the week/month/solar planetary trip, ir is it more for flavour text? Either way is cool, just curious.

There's an actual calendar and it's not just cosmetic.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Unormal posted:

There's an actual calendar and it's not just cosmetic.

Are the dates listed anywhere, or do I have to get out a pencil and paper and start taking notes like the old days?

Either way, awesome :colbert:

That'd be some cool poo poo for the eventual final manual, too.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Synthbuttrange posted:

Didnt get to find out because Good-Evil-Me's time clones are still EVIL and hate me, which led to an unfortunate mind-fight between me, evil-me, my good time clones vs a bunch of evil time clones, in the middle of a tar pit, with pyrokinesis

Qud!

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

CoQ: good clones vs evil clones in the middle of a tar pit with pyrokinesis just barely fits the thread title character limit, iirc I maxed it out with the current one.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

bazomatic posted:

CoQ: good clones vs evil clones in the middle of a tar pit with pyrokinesis just barely fits the thread title character limit, iirc I maxed it out with the current one.

Caves of Qud: clones vs clones in the middle of a flaming tar pit

Better? Worse?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Caves of Qud: clones vs clones in the middle of a flaming tar pit

Better? Worse?

Clones vs evil clones?

Or (not that it has to do with that specific post) Caves of Qud: Ever wanted to literally hate someone to death?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Caves of Qud: I visited Dad and all I got was this lousy evil twin :v:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

First ever clear of Bethesda Susa! Used the Syzygyrior build suggested earlier in the thread, I nearly had a heart attack when I got past the Cryobarrios and found an assload of Mechanimist Paladins, but they died pretty easy. Also the bioindexer implant is really, really nice.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The "gently caress Intelligence, get swole" fighty Artifex build recommended upthread is really dang good, wow. I've got an absolutely murderous axe-swinging, Eigenrifle-toting True Kin who just stomped the unspeakable hell out of Bethesda Susa. That's partly due to being bros with the Mechanimists thanks to a rampage through a historic site crammed with glow-wight heroes that absolutely everyone hated, but this dude just totally chumped everything in his path, slaughtering Cragmensch with ease and hilariously clowning all three troll bosses thanks to a hologram bracelet and liberal Eigenrifle application.

Playing a melee-heavy physical Artifex is seriously like Arcanum: the Roguelike. You hoard schematics, gather parts, and slowly work your way up from a nerd with a club to some kind of insane steampunk hell knight with spring-loaded bounding boots, machined plate armour, an electrified mechano-axe, and a gun that shoots lightning bolts. And as blood and severed body parts fall like rain, the only thing on your mind is, "oh boy I bet one of these guys has a cool gadget I can smash to put an ostentatious fur collar on my techno-mail so I'm slightly more immune to cold and fire" because you are become nerd, destroyer of worlds.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This bagful of blood isnt worthless, but not worth much.

Is there any way to cycle through points of interest on the world map? I'm having trouble locating some of the Sultan sites on the world map.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 2, 2017