Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rest in piece tits and rear end wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hope they run WM weekend and get killed on a free show by every indie under the sun

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oatgan posted:

Hope they run WM weekend and get killed on a free show by every indie under the sun
They're running four shows starting the Thursday before WM.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why won't they loving die. It's went from funny to sad and now it's back to funny.

Also, they still never managed to ever hit Nitro's lowest rating.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DoctorGonzo posted:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/813892009857601537

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Did Vince ever buy the tape library?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Once the TNA brand is dead and buried, it'll probably be called Impact Wrestling, won't it?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Needs More Ditka posted:

Did Vince ever buy the tape library?

no

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Finally a 2016 death we can all enjoy.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So it required Nazi to finally take down Dixie Carter.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd like Galloway to show up in NXT, he's almost unrecognizable from his previous stint and improved a shitload. He'd be a solid hand if WWE was interested in him--the last few TNA signings have paid off immensely

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Did TNA ever have any kind of developmental territory? I remember some of their debuts were of guys who were like stunningly green. Magnus definitely was at first.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DJExile posted:

Did TNA ever have any kind of developmental territory? I remember some of their debuts were of guys who were like stunningly green. Magnus definitely was at first.

They had a relationship with OVW for a while and most of the Gut Check tryouts came through there

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

oatgan posted:

They had a relationship with OVW for a while and most of the Gut Check tryouts came through there

More like ended up in OVW, seeing as how winning your Gut Check meant getting sent to OVW, while losing meant you got a spot on the main roster for a feud against Al Snow.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I might be misremembering but I swear that there was a Gut Check guy who was scripted to not be picked up but then the guy cut a decent promo about how he really wanted it and Ric Flair just went off script and voted to hire the guy.

Then they sent him to OVW and never used him again.

TNA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, Flair got yelled at for that

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, Flair got yelled at for that

Which didn't really make sense because IIRC Prichard and Snow both also said Yes to Alex Silva, so Flair's choice didn't matter anyway.

Also, remember the times they chose Lei'D Tapa over Ivelisse and loving Magno, who botched every single one of his moves, over Adam Pearce?

And then they had Zack Ryder's friend on the last Gut Check lose and the concept died.

Edit: poo poo, looking at the Gut Check wiki, they actually did a ONO Gut Check in 2015 that was won by Camacho, aka currently one half of the IWGP tag champs, Tanga Roa.

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 28, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oatgan posted:

I completely forgot this, thanks

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I think a lot of the surprisingly green people were coming straight from the Dudley's school.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Isn't al snows training school the official school for tna now?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This is supposedly coming from Meltzer:

quote:

Even with the new ownership group (well, not officially, but Anthem is running things and the change in ownership is expected to be official and in place shortly) there have been delays in pay, at least to production people. As of a week ago, a lot of people hadn’t been paid for the October tapings however they were told by the new guys it was coming this week. A seven figure payment from Sony Six in India was due this week which was to temporarily alleviate concerns and as of recently Anthem is also now funding and running the company.

The plan right now is to do a multi-show tour of India this summer. Dixie Carter at a meeting suggested they do 12 weeks worth of tapings while in India saying it would be cost effective since they have to be there anyway, but the idea was shut down and laughed off by Ed Nordholm. If she had been in charge like in the past, it would have happened.

TNA is behind on pay. Again/Still.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At this point it's newsworthy when people are paid

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think the idea of taping their Indian tour and turning it into TV doesn't sound terrible. Just get Borash to tape it with some drones.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DarkstarIV posted:

Not surprising given that they originally hired the Nazi brothers to intimidate production people who wanted their pay.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
TNA would book the tour, make talent cancel bookings with other companies, pay for flights, and then cancel the tour itself.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

grack posted:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

The roster has proven that they'll stick around without being paid, and you don't make money by giving money away!!

This is just good business.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JTGrasby/status/814709538645385216

grack
Jan 10, 2012

triplexpac posted:

The roster has proven that they'll stick around without being paid, and you don't make money by giving money away!!

This is just good business.

Well, they are Nazis so I guess that's kinda new.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:eyepop:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Son of a bitch!!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

So Total Nonstop Deletion had more CWF Mid-Atlantic guys than TNA guys, and I guess that trend will continue. This coming show was announced last night at CWF's big year end show as being taped for Impact TV.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Front row VIP tickets include all you can eat??!? I'm in baby!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gorgolflox posted:

Front row VIP tickets include all you can eat??!? I'm in baby!

I was wondering if there will be a trough to eat out of right at ringside

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

2017: "What's Ronda Rousey doing in the Impact Zone?!?"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Adnor spelled backwards is Ronda!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006