Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Ugh, I need a yellow gel to unlock the money boost ce in shop and I am considering burning Siegfried for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You could do worse burns

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Meh, never know what Events they end up with a niche for. I'm in this to collect all of the treasures of this world.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got a Jeanne, and my first Piece of 2030. All in all, I'm satisfied.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Now there's virtually no challenge I can't somehow cheese my way through.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a little tempted to rest on my laurels. I just spent 75 bucks on World of Warships, not sure if I want to drop ~30 on FGO right now :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Not quite as lucky as these double rolls you've all been getting, but Caster gacha gave me Sanzou (woulda preferred Waver but it's better than a Tamamo dupe I guess), and managed to roll Musashi with the leftover quartz.
From initial testing, she's pretty drat good and the double hitcount makes for some BS NP gain for a turn which makes for a very neat skill. Really dig the triple buster deck

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Welp, I guess I will throw everything I have on all limited servant day.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/FateApocryphaTV/status/815209269100322816

what

edit: WHAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIRl3jAGbXI

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 31, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
2017 is the year of Fate.

Too bad basically everything is guaranteed to be awful.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

2017 is the year of Fate.

Too bad basically everything is guaranteed to be awful.

Die

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The studio that handles the adaptation is A-1 Pictures. Can't go wrong with them, hopefully.

Just when I thought Typemoon has ran out of high profile studio to animate everything.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Now there's virtually no challenge I can't somehow cheese my way through.

I envy your luck but not how many pages you're going to need.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

We have the amazing roster of:

• 1. The first two (?) Heavens Feel movies, which are going to be a whole lot of talking and not much else.
  • 2. An adaptation of Fate/Extra, which was already not that hot, and with the worst possible choice of lead. It also might have already been spoiled.
  • 3. An adaptation of Fate/Apocrypha, which basically only has the cool fights in the first half going for it. And it's being done by A-1 sooooo.
  • 4. An adaption of 3rei's Miyuverse Shirou flashback, which is targeted at basically nobody since the core Prisma group doesn't care and everyone else is going to drop it because it's Prisma.
  • 5. An adaption of Fate/Grand Order, which the writers are on record saying they phoned in until Okeanos and didn't really start popping until America. It is either an OVA series (in which case we're not gonna hit the cool stuff till 2018) or a TV series (in which case there isn't going to be nearly enough budget to pull off the scale).

I'm not really expecting much.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

We have the amazing roster of:

• 1. The first two (?) Heavens Feel movies, which are going to be a whole lot of talking and not much else.
  • 2. An adaptation of Fate/Extra, which was already not that hot, and with the worst possible choice of lead. It also might have already been spoiled.
  • 3. An adaptation of Fate/Apocrypha, which basically only has the cool fights in the first half going for it. And it's being done by A-1 sooooo.
  • 4. An adaption of 3rei's Miyuverse Shirou flashback, which is targeted at basically nobody since the core Prisma group doesn't care and everyone else is going to drop it because it's Prisma.
  • 5. An adaption of Fate/Grand Order, which the writers are on record saying they phoned in until Okeanos and didn't really start popping until America. It is either an OVA series (in which case we're not gonna hit the cool stuff till 2018) or a TV series (in which case there isn't going to be nearly enough budget to pull off the scale).

I'm not really expecting much.
I agree with 4/5 but you are dead loving wrong on the other points

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I agree with 2/5

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
No Drake from the gacha. :(

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Ugh, the limited servants. I've already spent 666 gems and 26 tickets attempting for Rin, so sunk cost dictates that I burn everything on her, but I'm dying for a good 5* single target NP like Scathach. Why couldn't the gacha dates be flipped. I've got a week to stew on it, I guess.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Not quite sure which paid gacha I'd want to roll for or which day I want to spend my gems on. I could use a good AoE archer so Gil and Ishtar would be nice, but taking a shot at Lancer Artoria would be nice too, though no idea if the paid gacha cares about story unlocks (still haven't cleared camelot).

Also, rip Olga.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I still love that we went through the entirety of F/GO part 1 and Olga's still loving dead.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Hey now, you can't just resurrect people willy-nilly.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Olga's soul is stuck in Tsukihime crossover land.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Noo Jack requires like 15 Infinity Gears to fully ascend and I only have 1 (I had spent them on some other servant, forget which). On the upside I got Arjuna to 90, so I guess I'm pretty ready for any Saber battles.

edit: Is there any reason why some single target NPs do base damage of 600% and others do 1200%? That seems like a kinda huge difference. I have noticed that the 600% ones tend to be Buster, but even that wouldn't account for such a big gap.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 1, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

edit: Is there any reason why some single target NPs do base damage of 600% and others do 1200%? That seems like a kinda huge difference. I have noticed that the 600% ones tend to be Buster, but even that wouldn't account for such a big gap.

Buster do 600%, Arts 900% and Quick 1200%. Its literally the same damage though

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Yeah, okay.

0 to 95% NP in an America story mission with ABQ Musashi only, all crits, with the double hit skill active. She has the Male Hakuno CE to capitalize on her buster cards and she's only level 62 right now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The double hit skill actually isn't that great; the damage cut is so high it neuters her. It's pretty much only good for charging up her NP like crazy off a critical from her single Arts card.

Musashi is surprisingly balanced.

Ytlaya posted:

Single target Quick and Arts NPs have higher multipliers to account for not inherently doing x1.5 damage like Busters. Quick NPs in particular have the highest of all multipliers since they have an x0.8 damage multiplier.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BlitzBlast posted:

The double hit skill actually isn't that great; the damage cut is so high it neuters her. It's pretty much only good for charging up her NP like crazy off a critical from her single Arts card.

It seems like when the skill is maxed it also gives +30% damage, though, which is always nice (I think she also has a skill that gives a bonus to Buster damage, so combined they would be a big damage buff).

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The 3rei Shirou flashback is perhaps the only thing remaining that can redeem the series but I'm not optimistic considering how much they've dropped the ball it bounced back up and hit them in the face.

What's wrong with the Extra adaption, which Hakuno did they pick?

I hope what with how often both genders of the Protagonist are depicted in CE's and since female Protagonist showed up albeit briefly she recovers from Cryo and joins the regular cast. She can attract all the Husbando's.

I liked Grand Order anime so far as generally being pretty good and made me miss Olga a *lot*; it isn't quite up there on Ufotable's level but the fight scenes are generally decent and it explains the plot well enough; I wish they didn't just breeze through learning her Noble Phantasm and why does she still summon a Wall? I think the regular original shield works fine.

I do feel that Mashu vs. Artoria Alter lacks some gravitas, but mostly good. EMIYA vs Cu felt more on the nose, more consistently good.

Kanshou and Bakuya are like, inconsistently sized again.

Lancer Medusa Alter seems cool, she has Harpe too. I wonder if she'll appear as a Servant.

I like how Roman and Solomon have the same voice it seems. :)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fem Hakuno is best Hakuno

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like how Roman and Solomon have the same voice it seems. :)

You mean the real Solomon, then yeah, obviously.

If you mean Goetica I'm pretty sure Lev/Leff has the same voice actor as them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, Sugita voiced both Flauros and Goetia and roman and the actual Solomon are voiced by Kenichi Suzumura.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I decided to read Witch of the Holy Night since I need more type moon stuff in my life and holy poo poo they drew out every single scene!?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jeez, when I put together a party with a bunch of Buster and critical damage buffs regular attack crits can do way more than even single target NPs. I just hit for like 120k with Quetzalcoatl (with a single attack, not a chain) and could have done a lot more (my support character didn't really add anything to the bonus other than a Charisma). Crit-based builds in general seem kind of fun because they're more interactive than something like a Buster-chain focused party.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
If I get a full NP + two buster card crits off on JAlter she does something ridiculous like 350k damage in that turn if all my buffs are active.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Christ, the drop-rate on these gears is terrible. I read that this Atlas place in Camelot is the best place to farm them, but I have yet to see a single one drop. And I need 14 :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait for events to get mats you are gonna be miserable if you keep grinding in free quests

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlitzBlast posted:

If you read the text closely (and I note that even GT gets it right), it's damage per hit. Which makes perfect sense, because the game calculates total damage first and distributes it to each hit second. Twice as many hits = Half as much damage on each one. The total doesn't change.
Then if you level it up it adds up to 30% more damage per hit, which means it's equivalent to an 30% attack boost.

Raenir Salazar posted:

What's wrong with the Extra adaption, which Hakuno did they pick?
SHAFT shafted hard in the PV so it's kinda hard to know what they're planning, but there was a very quick shot of girl Hakuno so probably her?

quote:

I wish they didn't just breeze through learning her Noble Phantasm and why does she still summon a Wall? I think the regular original shield works fine.
To be fair the game didn't go in depth either. As for the wall, it correlates better with her upgrade later on, although it does look a bit goofy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Baal posted:

Wait for events to get mats you are gonna be miserable if you keep grinding in free quests

Yeah, I know you're right, but I wanna use my Jack.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I know you're right, but I wanna use my Jack.

I used one of the London free quests, but that was back before Camelot existed.

On that note, rolled and got EMIYA-Assassin and Jack to NP3. Still no extra servants whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I hope the next event has Knight Medal drops because I have Archer and Lancer Artoria and Bedivere just sitting around waiting to be ascended.