Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Young Freud posted:

:agreed:

I had a thought this was about survivors of the bombings, not the police manhunt for the Tsarnevs. I had initially thought Walhberg was playing someone injured in the bombings.

If he becomes a suspect for a little bit, then we're really cookin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Much better

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

It's beautiful. :allears:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Young Freud posted:

:agreed:

I had a thought this was about survivors of the bombings, not the police manhunt for the Tsarnevs. I had initially thought Walhberg was playing someone injured in the bombings.

There's an HBO documentary, Marathon: The Patriots Day Bombing, that focuses pretty much entirely on the survivors. Than manhunt is a sliver of the film.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Let's take that hill!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Hey, lady. Your eyeballs fell in the glass.

I would have believed this was a retro poster if not for the tagline (also the web address, but that's kinda required.)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Oh! I also totally bought it! I was going to make some comment about this being where Refn got it from.
You know what I credit? Besides my gullibility, the lack of crease-lines.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

At this rate, they're quickly gonna run out of holidays to base films around.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samuel Clemens posted:

At this rate, they're quickly gonna run out of holidays to base films around.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Erebus posted:

Oh yeah, to be clear, I mean they bury that it's a Monkees movie. The Nicholson writing credit is just a weird thing to look back on.

On one hand, Monkees fans would be upset that it's a total savage psychadelic take-down of their whole careers, and the counterculture would probably be the ones to really understand the movie, but they were obviously aiming to shock a theater full of Monkeemaniacs by opening with a chant about being manufactured and then cutting to that famous Vietnam execution footage.

What I'm trying to say is, watch Head.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Teenage Fansub posted:

What I'm trying to say is, watch Head.
Ya It's good

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I got Mickey Dolenz to sign my DVD copy of Head which I ended up giving to my mom for Christmas one year. When she opened it she got super excited because she hadn't seen that movie since seeing in the theater all those years ago.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

westborn posted:

Special mentions

The (un)intentional hilarity that is the Yogi Bear teaser poster:

You know, from the moment I saw this until today I always thought this was very dumb, immature thing to laugh at "Big deal one bear is standing behind the other oh haha it looks vaguely like sex"

I just noticed the tagline.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

ruddiger posted:

I got Mickey Dolenz to sign my DVD copy of Head which I ended up giving to my mom for Christmas one year. When she opened it she got super excited because she hadn't seen that movie since seeing in the theater all those years ago.

You gave your mum head?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

value-brand cereal posted:

The plot somewhat reminds me of Jumanji, and I can kind of see it in the box. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a music box?

The poster on IMDb actually looks good (and is totally Jumanji):

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

If nothing else, that is one hell of a voice cast.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samuel Clemens posted:

Patrick Warburton was meant for voice acting. I can't imagine anyone else as the voice for Brock Samson.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Nice at least that they cast some real voice actors too, people who create a voice for a character instead of just using their own voices.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuel Clemens posted:

Lots of times I'll see the cast for an animated movie and wish we could see a live action project with the same folks. Look at this one: Ian McKellen, Stallone, and DeVito? Don't even need a premise, I would buy a ticket.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stare-Out posted:

Nice at least that they cast some real voice actors too, people who create a voice for a character instead of just using their own voices.

I thought it was interesting that Bradley Cooper went that direction for Rocket Raccoon, when he could have pretty clearly just played him as "Bradley Cooper."

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Lobok posted:

Lots of times I'll see the cast for an animated movie and wish we could see a live action project with the same folks. Look at this one: Ian McKellen, Stallone, and DeVito? Don't even need a premise, I would buy a ticket.

Does it make you want to buy animal crackers more if you can associate Danny Devito with them

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Does it make you want to buy animal crackers more if you can associate Danny Devito with them

Need monster crackers for my magnum appetite.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DeimosRising posted:

How was Prince of Persia?

Prince of Persia is actually totally fine and wouldn't get nearly the poo poo it does had it been an original IP.

Lobok posted:

The problem is, getting them separately into recording booths when they have a few spare days is a much simpler prospect than getting them all on a set together.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Prince of Persia is actually totally fine and wouldn't get nearly the poo poo it does had it been an original IP.

The problem is, getting them separately into recording booths when they have a few spare days is a much simpler prospect than getting them all on a set together.

Not every movie can be Rango :(

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Everything makes me want to buy Animal Crackers. I have way too many Animal Crackers.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Well I guess the movie might work pretty well then. I'm surprised it's coming before the obvious idea of the breakfast cereal mascot cinematic universe but this paves the way a bit

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm surprised it's coming before the obvious idea of the breakfast cereal mascot cinematic universe but this paves the way a bit

Well, we did get Foodfight.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

muscles like this! posted:

I thought it was interesting that Bradley Cooper went that direction for Rocket Raccoon, when he could have pretty clearly just played him as "Bradley Cooper."

Bradley Cooper has always been a great voice actor. It's how he got spotted in the first place. Vin also did a lot with Groot.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Arkin yelling "YOU'RE THE FRUITY rear end!" over the phone will forever endear that movie in my eyes.

Also, I thought for the longest time that Sean Astin was the white jerky boy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Green Day, Collective Soul, L7 and Tom Jones.

One of these things is not like the other.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I'm pretty sure Helmet was on that soundtrack too. That movie is nuts.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Never seen that movie but I used to have a jerky boys tape I'd listen to on roadtrips, it was funny as hell for a 10 year old boy but I've never gone back to listen to them.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"Gifted Gift Studios Entertainment"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

"Platinum bound" is pretty sneaky.

Starring Potential Future Five Time Best Actor Oscar Winner Shia LaBeouf!

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

muscles like this! posted:

Green Day, Collective Soul, L7 and Tom Jones.

One of these things is not like the other.

I mean if you got a song like this, you're going to flaunt it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
What's new Jerky Boy, Whoa-oh-oh

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just found out that Kevin-Spacey-is-a-cat movie, Nine Lives, ended up with a much cooler title over here.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
That's the most unexpected mature audiences tag I've ever scrolled down to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just found out that Kevin-Spacey-is-a-cat movie, Nine Lives, ended up with a much cooler title over here.

So when is Mr Fuzzypants going to fight the Softbank Dog?