Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Greetings 2017, sure to be a fantastic year! Right?

Thread Rules.

1 - No Star Trek (Go here)
2 - No Dr. Who (Go here)
3 - No Westworld (Go here)
4 - No Avatar/Korra (Go... somewhere else?)
5 - Here's the IRC link if you want it for some reason Nevermind this is dead dinosaur tech apparently!
5 - Here's the link for the TVIV Discord. It's like IRC but new and good I'm told: https://discord.gg/ebYDQBm

Couch Chat Specific Spoiler Rules: Do no ask for or post spoilers for anything aired in the last week on TV. Go to the thread for that show if you want to know spoilers. No thread for the show and you still want spoilers? Google it.

X-O fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Looking forward to The Expanse. The Americans, and maybe Game of Thrones.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Happy new year tviv. I've started watching The OA it's pretty good so far.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Very much looking forward to The Expanse. I fell off Game of Thrones and didn't give a gently caress about anything that went on this last season.

Westworld S2 is not this year, right

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Hakkesshu posted:

Very much looking forward to The Expanse. I fell off Game of Thrones and didn't give a gently caress about anything that went on this last season.

Westworld S2 is not this year, right

No but Fargo S3 is.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
oh no, is the Westworld thread THAT bad? :ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Spatula City posted:

oh no, is the Westworld thread THAT bad? :ohdear:

It was until it took a little break and now it's merely not great

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

Greetings 2017, sure to be a fantastic year! Right?

Thread Rules.

1 - No Star Trek (Go here)
2 - No Dr. Who (Go here)
3 - No Westworld (Go here)
4 - No Avatar/Korra (Go... somewhere else?)
5 - Here's the IRC link if you want it for some reason - http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23satviv&server=irc.synirc.net

I didn't see no game of throoooooones? :getin:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

IRQ posted:

I didn't see no game of throoooooones? :getin:

That would imply that someone actually wanted to talk about that anymore. Judging how the amount of reports on that thread went from "Nearly every single report" to "Zero" during this year I assume people finally don't care about it anymore.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

That would imply that someone actually wanted to talk about that anymore. Judging how the amount of reports on that thread went from "Nearly every single report" to "Zero" during this year I assume people finally don't care about it anymore.

Oh I managed to rile up the poo poo out of some people tearing it apart last season, but I wouldn't do that to you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People still talking about Korra but not one of the top viewed shows on TV. No wonder this site is dead and into guys.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think anyone's actually still talking about Korra...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The point doesn't change if we substitute Dr. Who or Star Trek either.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Regy Rusty posted:

:smith:

I like talking about it in places where Spider Hyphen Man is not a forums regular.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Regy Rusty posted:

Then my job is going well.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Happy 2017.
My hot take: I like the concept of TV. Except if it is bad TV, in a not entertaining way.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Just remember it's Twilight Zone marathon time again.

Why did the first episode I tune into have to be "Number Twelve Looks Just Like You" :stonk:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
If it's now 2017, that must mean more Saul is not too far away.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That Lost ending though...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYHeAaUyf0

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow I guess I don't watch as much TV as I thought. I recognized maybe one out of every five of those.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Comicbook heroes dying doesn't count.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
We have 4 shows we can't talk about and Arrow isn't one of them?

hosed up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
2016 still has an hour left to murder Stephen Fry or Hugh Laurie and really ruin things :ohdear:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Love Crime posted:

We have 4 shows we can't talk about and Arrow isn't one of them?

hosed up.

Rhyno posted:

I still say it's a shame Amell will get zero recognition for his scene with his Robert and Moira in that episode because he brought his a-game and he crushed it.

:colbert:

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Oh poo poo I had a smug face on about how little I care about spoilers and one of those still really blindsided me. Guess I have some TV watching to do :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zaggitz posted:

No but Fargo S3 is.

Considering they haven't even started filming yet it isn't going to be any time soon.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Not challenging it but when did Star Trek become one of the Forbidden?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

whowhatwhere posted:

Not challenging it but when did Star Trek become one of the Forbidden?

Since there's a thread for it and goons can't stop pointing out that pedos loving love Star Trek, would be my guess. It just leads to a dumb as gently caress derail.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

precision posted:

2016 still has an hour left to murder Stephen Fry or Hugh Laurie and really ruin things :ohdear:

Gotta save some poo poo for 2017.

Yeah, sit with that one for a minute.

(I recently discovered A Bit of Fry & Laurie and it single-handedly justifies a SeeSo subscription. I thought Mr. Show was ahead of the curve, these dudes were ahead of...whatever's beyond the road.)

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Happy new year tv goons! Here's to hoping sherlock thread is just as entertaining (read:poo poo) this year!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I am the original angel

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

So 2016 managed to give a last "gently caress You!" as it slithered away. We lost Father Mulcahy (William Christopher) from M.A.S.H. on 12/31. And 2017 if you even look at Alan Alda the wrong way we're gonna have words.

X-O fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jan 1, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I burned through the Magicians in the past week and I was surprised there were that many fucks in it. Was it like that when it was originally broadcast?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I doubt it. A lot of shows on cable are doing that now and just putting it back in later for digital/streaming releases.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Rhyno was right about Amell in that ARROW episode. He was great in that moment, and I actually really like what that episode did. It's even more potent given how FLASH has really been dragging out how Barry hosed up in creating Flashpoint. Yes he did, and it was selfish, but I don't think that show really knows what to do with that story and just keeps repeating the same thing over and over.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

X-O posted:

I doubt it. A lot of shows on cable are doing that now and just putting it back in later for digital/streaming releases.

Apparently yes, there were apparently (I looked it up), it's just they did what Breaking Bad did in the second season and dropped out the U from gently caress in the broadcast audio.

Incidentally Chozen (the FX animated series) is still the only show that I've seen in the US that dropped 'oval office' in the original broadcast (albeit on basic cable) and nobody noticed it. Even Chuck only got away with a 'loving' on network at the 8pm slot.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Hawkgirl posted:

Oh poo poo I had a smug face on about how little I care about spoilers and one of those still really blindsided me. Guess I have some TV watching to do :(

Same here, but that's how it goes. I only started watching the show recently.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'm not sure how available it would be for American viewers, but if you can track down the INSIDE NO. 9 Christmas Special then you should do so. It was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Apparently yes, there were apparently (I looked it up), it's just they did what Breaking Bad did in the second season and dropped out the U from gently caress in the broadcast audio.

Incidentally Chozen (the FX animated series) is still the only show that I've seen in the US that dropped 'oval office' in the original broadcast (albeit on basic cable) and nobody noticed it. Even Chuck only got away with a 'loving' on network at the 8pm slot.

Second season of Mr Robot had Darlene refer to herself as being "cunty."

• Locked thread