Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

But then they can't add the white mask operators when they run out of the ideas.

Four nerfs later the bomber is sort of balanced

The bomber would be a hilarious defense operator if you just released MMB to explode, when people do it out of panic from being shot at.

Also people would kill their whole own team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

New Concept Hole posted:

Ubi makes Monopoly games-- Where's my Mr Moneybags skin? What about replacing the welcome mat with Boardwalk? When is House going to get assessed for repairs?

Also give the G8A1 burst while we're talking fantasy

I'd be down for monopoly skins. Also House won't get repaired cmon you guys would break it again right away.

Zaodai posted:

You can shill for whatever you want if you fix your servers so the game is stable. Ubi gets poo poo talked for some of their marketing stuff because their backend work isn't exactly great at times. Hackers, buggy releases, server instability, etc. It's been getting better over time, but a lot of people don't exactly give the company the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I don't agree with this presumption.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Hard, has there ever been a definitive statement on a ps4 pro patch? I plan to go back to the game for year 2 but higher framerate/resolution sure would make it easier. :)

No official words from this. What's wrong with your 60 fps console game?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hard posted:

No official words from this. What's wrong with your 60 fps console game?

Oh don't get me wrong it looks/works great but BF1 for example is sooooo pretty and I wouldn't say no to a graphical bump.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Hard posted:

I don't agree with this presumption.

It's pretty cool when people assume that all people within a project are equally capable of stuff. "Why is Bob focusing on making virtual hats when the servers keep crashing?!?!"

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Add a skydive spawn point for attackers so the random pub on my team when someone needs to take a break doesn't get peeked every round ty in advance

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Add the helicopter spawn point from the loving trailers you sack of poo poo

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Add the helicopter spawn point from the loving trailers you sack of poo poo

This would be perfect for bank.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

this flood of christmas noobs is the gift that keeps on giving!!

https://streamable.com/loe1o

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rap music posted:

Unsportsmanlike conduct - 20 yards!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Segmentation Fault posted:

It's pretty cool when people assume that all people within a project are equally capable of stuff. "Why is Bob focusing on making virtual hats when the servers keep crashing?!?!"

I'm not saying that they should put the marketing people on fixing the game. What I'm saying is, the marketing people would get less push back about the cross promotion if the people who were doing dev work could have some consistency in quality. If you get out of a match that had everybody rubber banding like crazy and there's a little ad for the new Division DLC, it will seem like a slap in the face to some people. Especially when The Division is another prime example of what I'm talking about. The SA thread for it went with "Yes, it's actually really good now!" as its title instead of the funny one they wanted to use because they felt it was important to actually let people know that the game had finally been made playable a year+ later.

My post wasn't a direct "you" to Hard, but a "you" as in Ubisoft. And he can not agree, which is fine. Not agreeing with things doesn't warp reality to make them untrue.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
3D space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0w54UGFSD4

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zaodai posted:

I'm not saying that they should put the marketing people on fixing the game. What I'm saying is, the marketing people would get less push back about the cross promotion if the people who were doing dev work could have some consistency in quality. If you get out of a match that had everybody rubber banding like crazy and there's a little ad for the new Division DLC, it will seem like a slap in the face to some people. Especially when The Division is another prime example of what I'm talking about. The SA thread for it went with "Yes, it's actually really good now!" as its title instead of the funny one they wanted to use because they felt it was important to actually let people know that the game had finally been made playable a year+ later.

My post wasn't a direct "you" to Hard, but a "you" as in Ubisoft. And he can not agree, which is fine. Not agreeing with things doesn't warp reality to make them untrue.
Division was made playable briefly.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

rap music posted:

Welcome to Siege, kiddos!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Welcome to Siege, kiddos!

Siege, where the best strategy is spawn killing

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

rap music posted:

Seriously man stop it they're gonna refund.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hard posted:

Tell the mappers to fix your game, hard.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

:laffo:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Earlier I was playing and I was killed by a fella moving around with the a max speed with the battery out. The kill cam was wacky too. Hack or Glitch?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Earlier I was playing and I was killed by a fella moving around with the a max speed with the battery out. The kill cam was wacky too. Hack or Glitch?

Great, Energizer Product Placement :rolleyes:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh great, so now Bandit and Blitz are bugged?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
It's a visual glitch, doesn't affect gameplay.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/CavernousSpicyAlligatorgar

https://gfycat.com/BleakGrotesqueGander

theres a lot to digest in that one :v:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I like how it blows up the camera too

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Is the rubber-banding still really bad for anybody else playing on US East? It's been days now and fairly constant. Starting to wonder if it's not a problem somewhere in the middle between where I am (Maryland) and wherever the East servers are. Issue seems to persist from both my place and my GFs, and only for Siege.

Can't tell if it's just the holiday rush crushing the Ubi potato servers or not.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I haven't been rubber banding but it's been laggy. I think I saw an enemy rubber band even

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Today hasnt been that bad, though I did have a guy jump off the balcony on Border, warp in mid-air 10 feet upward, then instantly snap to being prone on the ground and I was dead before I realized what happened.

*edit*

http://i.imgur.com/MJgj0fH.gifv

Basticle fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 2, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Sweet clip, I was hoping it was a clip of the warping operator tho

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I didnt record that :smith:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Basticle posted:

I didnt record that :smith:

I had one I would have loved to have recorded where I rushed into a room, shot two guys, went to plant and then warped back out of the room. It didn't break the plant animation, but sadly it didn't let me just plant the defuser out in the hallway completely safe. Still, it did at least hide me from the hail of gunfire through the wall a few seconds later. :v: It was very Matrix-y in an unfun kind of way.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Is the rubber-banding still really bad for anybody else playing on US East? It's been days now and fairly constant. Starting to wonder if it's not a problem somewhere in the middle between where I am (Maryland) and wherever the East servers are. Issue seems to persist from both my place and my GFs, and only for Siege.

Can't tell if it's just the holiday rush crushing the Ubi potato servers or not.

I'm in Australia, but after a few rounds each day I consistently start getting severe rubberbanding that lasts the rest of the day and makes the game unplayable. It's only been happening the last few weeks, and it's definitely not being caused by lag.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Got a two for one rage quit tonight.

Well technically I guess a four for one since all of them but one quit after this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I8LV7uwTEE

Siege GOTY all years.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
It would be nice if there were a system to detect and punish or at least filter out smurf accounts, I don't take issue playing good players, but it really sucks to end up on a ranked team that has myself and a bunch of new/bad players come up against a full team of obvious smurfs which includes a level 2 guy spawnkillling actual new players.

Edit:

Also please fix the barricade debris fuckery that 99% of the time leaves you with debris where the barricade broke that you can't see through but everyone else can.

lohli fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 2, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I love that debris became infuriating after they deployed the final debris removal patch.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
My brother bought me this game on PC, and it's completely unplayable multiplayer. It won't let me log into the Rainbow Six Servers at all, even though I'm logged into Uplay just fine. As soon as I load up the game, it hangs on server connect, and I get Error - [3-0x0001000B].

I checked Reddit for this issue, and there have been 3-4 threads per month for the last year regarding this error code without any clear solution. It randomly goes away for some people, others fix it by fooling around with their router, and others had to refund the game entirely.

What's the deal with this issue? I feel like it being around for over a year without being addressed is a really bad sign in terms of the game's quality.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Check integrity of game files? Make sure UPnP is enabled on your router?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Zaodai posted:

I'm just south of Baltimore, I've had a couple hour or so periods where I rubberbanded constantly without an increase in ping at all.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUzIxRpJSPc

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Well this is the first game I've refunded on Steam. Nothing I did fixed that error code. Tried tons of different router settings, reinstalled, etc... Unbelievable that this has been out for a year, and there's still 3-4 threads a month on Reddit with this issue. Probably dodged a bullet if that's indicative of the game's quality control.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
nice toaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Megasabin posted:

Well this is the first game I've refunded on Steam. Nothing I did fixed that error code. Tried tons of different router settings, reinstalled, etc... Unbelievable that this has been out for a year, and there's still 3-4 threads a month on Reddit with this issue. Probably dodged a bullet if that's indicative of the game's quality control.

Sounds like it's too late but did you by chance try taking the router out of the equation by connecting the computer directly to the modem?

• Locked thread