Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Just tried absolute nature from that link, grass sprites maybe need the tiniest gamma adjustment but other than that it's flawless.

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

I guess it depends which path you take. Story mode for me took me to the generators and the war lab. I've yet to figure the code for the door.

In one of the files you pick up, it says the code in a roundabout way. It's the date of the Chernobyl disaster. Non-US notation, so 26041986

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

22 Eargesplitten posted:

In one of the files you pick up, it says the code in a roundabout way. It's the date of the Chernobyl disaster. Non-US notation, so 26041986

Ah, I was pounding in the right numbers, just not the right format

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

Anyone who doesnt use yyyyMMdd format should be dragged into the street and shot.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Nah, long live ddMMyyyy

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

I was going to do that at first, but then I remembered most countries do it that way, so it would be more Russian/Ukrainian like that.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Do autumnal winds and atmosfear 3 for coc conflict? If so which one should I install first?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

Do autumnal winds and atmosfear 3 for coc conflict? If so which one should I install first?

CoC has Atmosfear built in, don't install it again. Autumnal Winds can be installed, of course.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
sorry, I meant the misery version of atmosfear 3 for coc
http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/af3-misery-edition-to-coc
basically between the base mod, autumnal winds and this i've got 3 installs of atmosfear3 on top of eachother. :/

e: after poking around a bit it seems Autumnal winds contains the same fx and pfx folders and a few skies as misery Af3 but at twice the res. So for maximum image quality its better to install af3 misery first then overwrite with autumnal winds. (if you want misery style weather/blowouts)

e2: taking this out of my load order for now as it hasn't been updated forever and there's a weird conflict with moon textures.

Jose Mengelez fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 30, 2016

AOTKPTW
Nov 27, 2011

#nalPlE
So I just bought SoC in the current Steam sale and would like a bit of guidance on essential mods for a first time playthrough. I've taken a look through the OP but it hasn't been updated for years, is the information in there still considered current?

FWIW I'd like to mod for the various bugs and quality of life improvements, but also maybe graphics if it's not too much of an arse. I have a i5 6500, 16GB RAM and 6GB 1060 so I'm guessing performance won't be an issue.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

AOTKPTW posted:

So I just bought SoC in the current Steam sale and would like a bit of guidance on essential mods for a first time playthrough. I've taken a look through the OP but it hasn't been updated for years, is the information in there still considered current?

FWIW I'd like to mod for the various bugs and quality of life improvements, but also maybe graphics if it's not too much of an arse. I have a i5 6500, 16GB RAM and 6GB 1060 so I'm guessing performance won't be an issue.

ZRP for bugfixes at the bare minimum. Suggest following this guide: http://i.imgur.com/BHEfeh.jpg

You can skip Stalker Weather Overhaul for a first run. Tends a bit too much towards dreary weather all the time.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

AOTKPTW posted:

I'd suggest grabbing the other two as well, many, including myself, think clear sky was a bit of an odd one, however still Iconic. but everyone likes c.o.p.
Where I think you get the best stalker experience, is Shadow of Chernobyl,
Whats a little counter-intuitive is difficulty. harder everything dies with less shots. easier, its a little bit more bullet spongy, but you still die as much.
the zone is a bit harsh, its better to be a little cautious.
The XR engine is actually a secret Ukrainian project to burn out Russian computers. it will find the weak point in your system and hammer it, however that's far less of an issue nowadays, and it should be negligible once we start using quantum computing devices.

On to Mods:
Complete used to be the go to, but there are better mods that don't change as much, ZRP as mentioned above.
yeah, probably check the list.

AOTKPTW
Nov 27, 2011

#nalPlE
Thanks both of you.

I just picked up SoC as it's the first in the series, it'll take me a while to play through so I'll pick the others up as and when I get to them.

I've got ZRP installed, the MaxShader mod and Absolute Nature + Absolute Structures. Think I'll leave it at that as the game looks alright now, Fallout 3 levels of graphical detail I'd say.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

AOTKPTW posted:

I've got ZRP installed, the MaxShader mod and Absolute Nature + Absolute Structures. Think I'll leave it at that as the game looks alright now, Fallout 3 levels of graphical detail I'd say.

Cool. Did you get the latest ZRP or the one in the image? I recommend getting the latest for all the fixes, the one in the image's starter pack is 4 years old.

AOTKPTW
Nov 27, 2011

#nalPlE

v1ld posted:

Cool. Did you get the latest ZRP or the one in the image? I recommend getting the latest for all the fixes, the one in the image's starter pack is 4 years old.

The image says 1.7. I went here to download ZRP: http://www.metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/

Which lists 1.07 R5 RC as the latest, is that right?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

AOTKPTW posted:

Which lists 1.07 R5 RC as the latest, is that right?

Yup, that's it.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
my CoC ironman master run was ended by a lucky zombie headshot, just before hitting the final switch in the miracle machine. *throws PC into a whirlygig*

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
It looks like the warfare mod might be getting an update soon.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I think I broke mine. Every time I cross into a new map I have a bunch of bloodsuckers mauling me before I take a step

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010
I've got the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. itch again. Has much happened in terms of Call of Pripyat mods since the inital release of Misery 2.0?
The Call of Chernobyl mod looks pretty cool!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

H2Eau posted:

I've got the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. itch again. Has much happened in terms of Call of Pripyat mods since the inital release of Misery 2.0?
The Call of Chernobyl mod looks pretty cool!

its good, different starts and so on are cool, has the usual stalker wtf randomness, but is pretty much a sandbox, with not so much storyline, (yet).

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Call of chernobyl is fantastic, but just freeplay. There are some promising mods on the horizon but nothing released last i was aware (a few months ago). Right now there are some content/high res mods which are nice and various tweaks. If you read back a page or two where 1.4 was released you'll probably see most of the pertinent discussion

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The bafebones storyline did really help me not get bored with 1.4.

Near the end you will face a bunch of ghosts. There's so many it seems like you're supposed to do something else while they are attacking you. You aren't, it's a stupidly long wave battle.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Alright, so regarding Call of Chernobyl: Is there a way to complete the "Call from the North" mission without making a wish?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Any word on wormwood lately?

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Is there any way to make CoC on par-ish with ShoC or CoP Complete, in the way of enemy stalkers not seeing me from 300 metres away through 50 bushes and sniping my head off? Because that gets kind of annoying.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Morter posted:

Alright, so regarding Call of Chernobyl: Is there a way to complete the "Call from the North" mission without making a wish?

Apparently it's a giant wave fight with all those ghosts. Unless someone was just trolling. I have no idea how many waves.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I might have to put that question on hold, because I just got all the documents and I got a different mission, seemingly in the same area, involving a Concrete Tomb or some such. Maybe that'll solve/change things.

Edit: Never mind, I'm lost :saddowns:

Morter fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 30, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Took up painting recently and felt like sharing this here. (acrylics on cardboard)

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

MariusLecter posted:

Took up painting recently and felt like sharing this here. (acrylics on cardboard)

That's rather nice! The cardboard gives it a fitting post-apoc/disaster feeling

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I kinda feel like reinstalling. Misery or SGM? Any thoughts?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

botany posted:

Try Call of Misery, a merge of Misery mechanics into Call of Chernobyl if you want some freeplay. I much prefer it to Misery 2, which I never got into.

Download the repack from here if you're interested: http://ap-pro.ru/forum/119-88137-1 and the translation from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/english-trans-call-of-misery-b092

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

v1ld posted:

Try Call of Misery, a merge of Misery mechanics into Call of Chernobyl if you want some freeplay. I much prefer it to Misery 2, which I never got into.

Download the repack from here if you're interested: http://ap-pro.ru/forum/119-88137-1 and the translation from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/english-trans-call-of-misery-b092

Is there a list of what this actually does?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

botany posted:

SGM 1.7 is my favorite.

hug a mexican
Jul 8, 2010
if i want more stalker but don't want the autism, what do i pair coc with

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

hug a mexican posted:

if i want more stalker but don't want the autism, what do i pair coc with

DoctorX questlines?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Monolith. posted:

SGM 1.7 is my favorite.

Installed 2.2; RIP. Embrace the Rusian weirdness. Бу́дем здоро́вы!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Is there a reason why autumn aurora 2 isn't mentioned/recommended here? For some reason I installed it for my first play through a few years ago and haven't really tried any other mods.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

What mod has the best graphics? Can be any game. Also, is there a plot summary of Lost Alpha kicking around anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

tight aspirations posted:

Also, is there a plot summary of Lost Alpha kicking around anywhere?

the illuminati are responsible for everything. it is extremely stupid and disappointing.