Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

I tried, I really, really tried to watch that stream. I couldn't. The nausea was too much for me. I was even disgusted enough to call out Stacey Roy on Twitter for being a bad role model showing kids that you swap agency for success. I also asked why were there no police called and no forcible evictions. I may not be the best feminist, but even drunker than drunk, I know when attentions are unwanted FAR sooner than that asshat does.

As long as people see "this is wrong". She was in charge of the situation and sacrificed herself to be a drunks plaything for views or whatever they were selling. Hopefully she won't invite that guy on again. He needs to go hide back in the crazy nest of Star Citizen and hopefully disappear with it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

edited for more stonk.

Literally crazy. I hope she got her views. :(

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

There isn't really anything funny about WTFosaurus being lovely.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

As long as people see "this is wrong". She was in charge of the situation and sacrificed herself to be a drunks plaything for views or whatever they were selling. Hopefully she won't invite that guy on again. He needs to go hide back in the crazy nest of Star Citizen and hopefully disappear with it.

Don't think you have too much to worry about with that. Pretty sure that aside from I.N.R.I. and Arf, who seem to be able to apologize for almost anything, most people here would find his behavior reprehensible. SC shill has nothing to do with his shaming.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Meridian posted:

There isn't really anything funny about WTFosaurus being lovely.

By this point, I actually have to agree. I don't even give a poo poo about looking for that mentioned Stacey's blog post, to see how much worse he was after the stream. It'd be too hard for me to get into those details TBH, so I'm fine with it being left as is.

But seeing people (even if by gimmick concern trolls like Arf or I.N.R.I.) still line up to defend his right for privacy, given just how much poo poo about him he's put out there publicly and is put up by other people than ones ITT, however...that continues to amuse me.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

JugbandDude posted:

Games coming out on 2017, by PC Gamer

"Everybody knows SC will never be out, but <insert ambiguous, inaccurate fluff sent by CIG's marketing team here>"

I'm a long time reader of PC Gamer, didn't know this sarcastic side of them.
It's probably unintentional. They're too stupid to be sarcastic on purpose.

No seriously, they're overly credulous loving morons who will uncritically print any old poo poo that spews out of Chris' gaping arsehole.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
nm

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I mean, if you slate a game for "best new release of 201X" for three loving years in a row how much credibility do you have?

edit: too much loving.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The inevitable consequences of inviting a shitizen to something

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

tooterfish posted:

I mean, if you slate a game for "best new release of 201X" for three loving years in a row how much credibility do you have?

edit: too much loving.

BRB stealing goon valour and tweeting this.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Please don't doxx star citizen. :(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CrazyLoon posted:

Well, as someone else put it pretty well - by this point SC is less so a game or even a tech demo, but a confidence scam. The shitizens that are still in for it don't pledge on the merits of the gameplay or, at this point, even I would argue at the potential gameplay in the future to fulfill their nerd fantasy. If that were objectively the case, then in the span of a couple of months CIG would get torn to shreds by individual lawsuits out the rear end and go bankrupt within half a year most likely.

Instead, they pledge purely on the word of the personalities that regularly shill for the game (CIG and streamers such as WTFO) and their promises. So long as they have confidence in that, hilarious as it is, it staves off the abyss for the whole project and CIG.

It is even moreso telling that by this point their defense brigade barely cares anymore if you point out to them for a millionth time, just how retarded CIG's practices are for an alpha or how we were supposed to be long past the alpha stage by now based on their promises, but do something like this or uncovering Sandi's tickle fetish work and suddenly you get hilarious poo poo like #IStandWithSandi drawing them out of the woodworks, because god forbid that their precious trust in these scam artists gets dented and they actually consider that the thousands of dollars they 'invested' in CIG might be lost forever and for nothing.

So yea...the thread senses this and leans into it moreso than the umpteenth discussion of mechanics or procedures, really.

Good post, friend!

Makes sense too. They do so much to cover anything bad about the game up, from rampant militarism on their forums disallowing people to have criticism, going bonkers with videos that talk about progress that never happens. They do so much to get people to "believe" it's crazy, and people naturally want to believe in things so they get conned easily.

I know people here are just waiting for the stick that breaks the camels back, myself included. But I have a feeling it won't be in 2017. The "engine change" means development really started around Christmas 2016 now, and of course since it's a holiday really development hasn't started yet (maybe tomorrow on 1/2/17).

At the same time, I'm still a proponent that CIG will start to collapse once they lose the coverage of "its alpha!" Once they call something done, and it sucks (because of course it will), and massively under delivers on the 60,000 promises, people will start to realize the dream will never be a reality and CIG never had the talent to realize them.

Unfortunately though I think until that time happens, they'll be able to limp along. However ALSO, I think once the money stops coming in and Chris Roberts realizes the mocap joyride is over, he's going to get bored with the reality of software development and that his project is decades of difficult work and programming away. He's going to knee-jerk release whatever he has at the time. He totally lacks the drive and motivation to actually see a huge project like this through from start to finish. It's why every other month he's working on something totally disjointed from anything else. He gets bored and has a new idea he just ripped off from a new movie he saw.

So there's two factors at play that will call it the ELE in my book:

1: CIG releases anything.

2: Chris Roberts gets bored.

Either of these happening I feel will be the end of the card game. And it'll probably happen pretty fast too. Might be #2 happens behind the scenes and causes #1, and Chris Roberts announces he's leaving since his "expertise" is no longer needed for the project to "succeed".

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Titanic posted:

Literally crazy. I hope she got her views. :(

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Saying "if you slate the same game... " makes more sense, but you're stole my valour before I could edit it!

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Apparently having a weapon equipped in the PU can cause you to not have iron sights for that weapon in Star Marine. The modules are fully integrated!

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Could I get a tldr of this event?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Threads gettin weird again

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Holy crap, that lady from the new years live stream wrote a blog post on WTFosaurus! It got even worse after they cut off the stream!

Because I don't want to get banned I'm going to put it behind this:

[ONLY PLATINUM MEMBERS CAN READ THIS]

I don't know if criminal charges will stick because she didn't clearly tell him not to touch her or strangle her or kiss her. But I think the protection order will stand. That's actually pretty heavy because I imagine she goes to every *con in Canada and that will effectively ban wtfo from everywhere. Heavy Duty poo poo.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Propagandist posted:

Threads gettin weird again

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Could I get a tldr of this event?

Creepy Star Citizen streamer and sometime PUA WTFOsaurus getting smashed off his tits and then assaulting a woman live on stream.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

Kinda hoping he shows up on stream with a massive shiner.

I would approve of this outcome.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

Disappointing. No shiner. People need to learn to punch gropers in the face again.

A minute later, I am disappointed. :(

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Titanic posted:

A minute later, I am disappointed. :(

He looks loving rough though. Dude needs more water.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lllQNiQiLfs&t=15s

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Titanic posted:

So there's two factors at play that will call it the ELE in my book:

1: CIG releases anything.

2: Chris Roberts gets bored.

Either of these happening I feel will be the end of the card game. And it'll probably happen pretty fast too. Might be #2 happens behind the scenes and causes #1, and Chris Roberts announces he's leaving since his "expertise" is no longer needed for the project to "succeed".

I used to think that there are two other things that could stop it:

1.) They just plain run out of money to the point where not even they can reasonably suspend the faithful backer's beliefs and it all crumbles down.

2.) They do something truly and utterly stupid and get themselves sued to the point where legal fees cost them more than actual development.

But despite all of Derek's hype, I'm actually starting to agree with you. Because 2.) will simply never happen, because individual lawsuits won't ever cost that much, if they aren't just defused by full refunds behind the scenes, and every other gaming corporation or entity by now considers CIG to be such a joke beneath their notice to even remotely consider it worth it. Unless, ofc, they do blatant Archering copyright violations, in which they'd be obligated by law to sue the pants off them, or they'd set a precedent for anyone to violate their copyrights (who knows, CIG's stupidity might yet cause this to happen but...like I said, I seriously doubt it by all this time passed).

and 1.) won't happen simply because, apparently, they are capable of squeezing their whales so dry and wrinkled while wheeling in a few more mental cases with the months rolling by, thanks to establishing an honest-to-god cult of their remaining fanbase. So they can keep the pretense going for as long as is needed, because in the immortal words... "There's one born every minute."

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 2, 2017

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Creepy Star Citizen streamer and sometime PUA WTFOsaurus getting smashed off his tits and then assaulting a woman live on stream.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT - walking backwards is possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn99_3V-HhA&t=59s

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Yet my "Kill Jester" survived, huzzah!

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
She shouldn't have to jump on an internet grenade to not be treated like that. I don't see any real way for things to change though unless women start standing up to these dudes as this poo poo happens.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I don't know much about tweeter, but does "no longer available" mean that she's erasing her tweets mentioning wtfosaurus?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Why are we still posting about this guy?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Amarcarts posted:

She shouldn't have to jump on an internet grenade to not be treated like that. I don't see any real way for things to change though unless women start standing up to these dudes as this poo poo happens.

She likes money though. :shrug:

I'm not going to post it here, but search her up on instagram and twitter and just look at her stuff. She dresses up like a nerd boy's fantasy and takes photos of her rear end and tits. That doesn't make it okay to fondle her, but she's not going to go off on some dude on a live stream and possibly turn off the demographic she's chosen to go after.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
In the future everything is named after lameass white people

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

CrazyLoon posted:

I used to think that there are two other things that could stop it:

1.) They just plain run out of money to the point where not even they can reasonably suspend the faithful backer's beliefs and it all crumbles down.

2.) They do something truly and utterly stupid and get themselves sued to the point where legal fees cost them more than actual development.

But despite all of Derek's hype, I'm actually starting to agree with you. Because 2.) will simply never happen, because individual lawsuits won't ever cost that much, if they aren't just defused by full refunds behind the scenes, and every other gaming corporation or entity by now considers CIG to be such a joke beneath their notice to even remotely consider it worth it. Unless, ofc, they do blatant Archering copyright violations, in which they'd be obligated by law to sue the pants off them, or they'd set a precedent for anyone to violate their copyrights (who knows, CIG's stupidity might yet cause this to happen but...like I said, I seriously doubt it by all this time passed).

and 1.) won't happen simply because, apparently, they are capable of squeezing their whales so dry and wrinkled while wheeling in a few more mental cases with the months rolling by, thanks to establishing an honest-to-god cult of their remaining fanbase. So they can keep the pretense going for as long as is needed, because in the immortal words... "There's one born every minute."

I was also hoping for something so stupid, so blatant that it caused everybody to go "wow! This is a mess of lies!" And we'd get that huge onrush of instant gratification as everybody wakes up simultaneously and CIG goes crazy while the gates burn. The Disney ending. :)

Also was prompted by Derek and his ELE every week. I figured at least one of those would work out.

We've had:
1: Chris Roberts on film proving himself he's a terrible leader.
2: Complete lack of vision.
3: Bens website. :(
4: Sandi lying about her experience and schooling out the nose.
5: 15 shell companies designed only for shady business dealings.
6: Customer service that literally has a database of marked customers.
7: The company seeks people out outside of their forums and records their behavior, even using it against them.
8: No real progress towards any promises, game doesn't match what people were told it would be.
9: Endless stream of failures.
10: Complete inability to deliver anything on time.
11: Literally abandoned giving people timelines because of failure.
12: Engine change out of nowhere.
13: Calling completely hidden and concealed development "open development".
14: Even today nobody knows what even basic game functions will be, 10 players will give 10 different answers.
15: Game is a barely there tech demo, nearly 5 years in and millions of dollars later.
16: Absolutely cut throat marketing.
17: Company is more concerned with ship sales than game development.
18: Constant art theft everywhere you look.

I'm sure there's more, but less than this would probably spell doom for most Kickstarter projects. This list of crap is things Star Citizen has not only survived, but continued to profit through in millions of dollars.

I don't think anything can stop it outside of releasing something terrible to the general public or Chris Roberts giving up the project. I don't even think an announcement to deploy to Xbox or PS4 would be an ELE.

Star Citizen may be a thing for a few more years now. I don't know, but I don't think anything can "be uncovered" that would be enough to stop anything. :shrug:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

tuo posted:

Most of the Dan Abnett Horus Heresy books are good. Legion beeing my favourite. ADB also wrote some nice novels (especially about my legion of choice with "The First Heretic").

Also, I highly recommend the Eisenhorn and Ravenor books. They are tales of Inquisitors in action. (Ravenor is especially interesting as he is horribly mangled and lives in a hover equipped support shell).

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

spacetoaster posted:

I don't know much about tweeter, but does "no longer available" mean that she's erasing her tweets mentioning wtfosaurus?

lmao

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

No, the "tweet not available" message refers to the tweet she's linked to (usually a preview of the tweet would be displayed where that message is)

The tweet was by WTF, so I guess he's deleting all tweets mentioning the event.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Amarcarts posted:

Agreed.

It's hard to stand up to much though. I'm very guilty of this myself. Rolling over and taking it is often easiest to do. :(

Sorry guys, I'm part of the problem too and less of the solution.

Edit: rolling over for the greater good:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 2, 2017