Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
happy new year you little shits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLYl4fM8yk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

New mission team coming. And the final gift is a KBAR nuke variant, so maybe we will see a little less CoD: Infinite NV4fare?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7huKQePZIQE

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Now it will just be KBAR warfare.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kbarfare is massively preferred. poo poo players are poo poo with the Kbar. Mediocre players with an NV4 at medium range are loving irritating.

I doubt nuketards will jump ship to it, but maybe it'll cause a spike in newbies switching off the NV4 to the Kbar, I'd be all for that.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I love the Kbar so I'm all for this. Pubbies don't know how to control recoil properly, so something like the NV4 was excellent for them.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I have just recently switched to the KBAR from OSA so hurrah for me!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
...Am I the only one who's pissed that the blue ice camo everyone got for free from the holiday drop looks so much like the diamond camo I worked painfully for?

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
I'm more upset they didn't give out a classic weapon token, really want to dick around the Garand but not enough to force myself to actually earn it.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the M1 is good; arguably better than the DMR even w/ the 1-shot headshot buff they added to it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
M1 is better. It's not even a contest. Rate of Fire, low recoil, and follow up accuracy wins. Add 12 rounds and it's the M14 reborn.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
lack of variants is honestly the only downside

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

lack of variants is honestly the only downside

Not to me as somebody who actively hates variants.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love my Invective Kbar, its like I'm cheating.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Is this what it feels like to be Macys or Jones? Connections have been stable for me except for this game tonight, where my shot disappeared despite being on the other player according to the frame analysis and then I get bullshitted.

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdmiredFamousGosling.mp4

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, basically, though not quite that blatant usually.

More like getting three or four hits into a guy's face with the RAW/NV4 while they're lying down in lethal range, and losing because apparently headshot multipliers simply don't exist.
Or no hits at all even when they're standing still, then opening fire and immediately winning.
Plus, the typical hit first/die first paradigm that's emblematic of this game and pre-patch BLOPS 3. I get a lot of Goddamned hits first, and this game simply fucks me because I'm not in America.
I've done everything I can to lower my ping short of moving to a server city and buying a fibre optic connection. It just doesn't matter; it's a lottery.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Godzilla07 posted:

Is this what it feels like to be Macys or Jones? Connections have been stable for me except for this game tonight, where my shot disappeared despite being on the other player according to the frame analysis and then I get bullshitted.

https://giant.gfycat.com/AdmiredFamousGosling.mp4
Yup. That's exactly what it looks like when I'm hollering "gently caress you, I'm around a corner!"

Or getting 6-8 hitmarkers and then still dying, only to see when on my screen I was mag-dumping the guy but on the killcam I'm just coming around the corner.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Howitzer done, never have to touch that piece of poo poo again. I think they knew it was flaming garbage too because getting diamond launchers gave me like 40k xp for that match.

One lmg, 2.5 snipers, 3.5 pistols remaining.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I love how it doesn't even show you firing, either. God am I ever loving tired of that poo poo.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/SUplHGI.mp4

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

I love how it doesn't even show you firing, either. God am I ever loving tired of that poo poo.

Re-download blops 3 and play it with me. It's so much better of an experience all around and there are plenty of Christmas noobs so it's well populated.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I downloaded it again last week. I'm never going to finish Last of Us anyway.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm usually dicking around in FF15 but just send me an invite and I'm game for any call of duty.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Pretty lonely on the xbone these days, although I did see Bear playing IW for a hot second the other day.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Blops 3 has the potential to be like Blops 2 and still be populated for 2 more years.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You've got it wrong; it's not that the games that got two years of play (MW1 & 2, BLOPS 1 & 2) were so good, it's that the games that succeeded them were that bad.
And, bad as IW is, it's not bad enough.

For one thing, IW has better maps for Dom.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
me, the noodle boy, & rev need some partners

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
ok new year resolution is to get a nuke by the end of pubbie season

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
s/o to revo for getting the necessary kills but having the 25th happen as the 100th kill in TDM

that being said pls don't play w/ me if you can't help ~*~Support My Cause~*~ & stop killing people if I'm on one and we're close to the cap

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

You've got it wrong; it's not that the games that got two years of play (MW1 & 2, BLOPS 1 & 2) were so good, it's that the games that succeeded them were that bad.
And, bad as IW is, it's not bad enough.

For one thing, IW has better maps for Dom.

Actually, I prefer 90% of the BLOPS 2 and BLOPS 3 maps when it comes to Dom. IW just has better maps than Ghosts and AW.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

s/o to revo for getting the necessary kills but having the 25th happen as the 100th kill in TDM

that being said pls don't play w/ me if you can't help ~*~Support My Cause~*~ & stop killing people if I'm on one and we're close to the cap

It was the pubbie we had in that match that got the 99th kill I believe.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
:cripes:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Gordon Shumway posted:

Pretty lonely on the xbone these days, although I did see Bear playing IW for a hot second the other day.

all the Bone dudes play titanfall

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

housefly posted:

oh, i know. all you guys were champions and i'm sure rev will taste glory within the next day or two

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I died two off a nuke on Scorch with the Kbar :( Was pretty bummed, that map is a bitch to stay alive on. Unfortunately it was KC and I had 23 kills with 25 seconds left, and the spawns flipped. Couldn't find anyone until 8 seconds left and died to the only visible pubby.

Love that Kbar though, great gun, and the nuke variant isn't even the best one.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i missed out on the free kbar nuke :shobon:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

housefly posted:

Nah, the killcam showed revo getting her 25th for the nuke... and then accidentally getting killcam because one of the enemy pubs ran in front of the person that just got killed.

At least that's how I saw it.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

widespread posted:

Nah, the killcam showed revo getting her 25th for the nuke... and then accidentally getting killcam because one of the enemy pubs ran in front of the person that just got killed.

At least that's how I saw it.

Ah. Perhaps. I didn't watch the final killcam. I thought someone said the pubbie killed someone.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
There was two in the final second, I probably clipped them both. Sad day.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We had some really loving nice lobbies tonight. I am a happy noodle boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
preferred calling card/emblem combo is "No Idea What I'm Doing" w/ Freefall

until you get spinners

• Locked thread