Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
He Never Died was great, Henry Rollins is hilarious as curmudgeonly Terminator. I've only joined Netflix last night but I've already seen two movies I would have bought otherwise, suck my dick physical media!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Physical media is stupid and drives a lovely corvette because he's having a midlife crisis.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Anonymous Robot posted:

I thought this was where the movie went from having promise to totally squandering it, myself. So disappointed by Sion Sono.

I thought it was proper payoff for taking a very roundabout path to something fun, but I can feel you. The movie stays as """grounded""" as a Sono film can be up until the Kill Bill fever dream finale.

gently caress BOMBERS NEVER DIE

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Counterpoint, physical media is great and the last bastion for fringe cinema. Netflix or other streaming services will carry poo poo like Sharknado 4 or whatever Asylum garbage most of the masses eat up, or get locked up in stupid exclusive streaming disputes over film libraries, but people who actually give a poo poo are restoring bonafide lost classics like New York Ripper, Night Train to Terror or more obscure directors lost works. Friedkin's Sorcerer was almost lost to time until people who cared started kicking up dust to get a restoration project going. Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer finally got the restoration that it deserved because people who cared about film wanted to see this movie the way it looked on the silver screen 30 years ago.

It's a sad state of affairs when I can look at my personal collection and get more excited looking at old VHS and restored Blu Ray box art than whatever floating head photoshop bullshit Netflix demands for its thumbnails. The craft has been lost and the mouth breathers cheer.

Don't even get me started on pixelation and bit rates.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

ruddiger posted:

Counterpoint, physical media is great and the last bastion for fringe cinema. Netflix or other streaming services will carry poo poo like Sharknado 4 or whatever Asylum garbage most of the masses eat up, or get locked up in stupid exclusive streaming disputes over film libraries, but people who actually give a poo poo are restoring bonafide lost classics like New York Ripper, Night Train to Terror or more obscure directors lost works. Friedkin's Sorcerer was almost lost to time until people who cared started kicking up dust to get a restoration project going. Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer finally got the restoration that it deserved because people who cared about film wanted to see this movie the way it looked on the silver screen 30 years ago.

It's a sad state of affairs when I can look at my personal collection and get more excited looking at old VHS and restored Blu Ray box art than whatever floating head photoshop bullshit Netflix demands for its thumbnails. The craft has been lost and the mouth breathers cheer.

Don't even get me started on pixelation and bit rates.

Counter-counterpoint, my place isn't big enough for all my DVDs and Bluerays.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

He Never Died was great, Henry Rollins is hilarious as curmudgeonly Terminator. I've only joined Netflix last night but I've already seen two movies I would have bought otherwise, suck my dick physical media!

I loving love this movie.

physical media is great for when poo poo you bought years ago on amazon mysteriously disappears from your video library and your purchase history and so you have no recourse but to buy it again. that's super cool.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Grendels Dad posted:

It is. It might not be big enough for the cases though. Get files with DVD/CD sleeves and file them alphabetically. Put the cases in the attic or equivalent.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

therattle posted:

It is. It might not be big enough for the cases though. Get files with DVD/CD sleeves and file them alphabetically. Put the cases in the attic or equivalent.

If I paint the files to look like VHS covers it might end up looking like what ruddiger posted.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I sound like Barry White because of this throat thing I've got. I wish I sounded like this all the time. I sound like a soul radio station dj, heyyyy kids it's another cold day, hope you got your galoshes...here's another hit from The Temptations...that's right...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Why the hell did he get probated for that post

e: seriously I laughed until I loving choked at that goddamn post, it's "EVERY DAY I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM..." tier

I'm pretty sure it's one in a series on Sonic The Hedgehog and every last one is as funny as that.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
"chilidogs"

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Just out of curiosity, whose voice do y'all read SMG's posts in? I usually default to Herzog but it definitely doesn't fit with 100% of his stuff

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jenny Angel posted:

Just out of curiosity, whose voice do y'all read SMG's posts in? I usually default to Herzog but it definitely doesn't fit with 100% of his stuff

he sounds like the Architect from The Matrix because, I mean, duh

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Christopher Hitchens, weirdly enough.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Theodore (one of Alvin's Chipmunks).

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Peter Weller playing Bill Lee.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Shameless plug crosspost from the horror thread: new episode of my horror podcast is up on SoundCloud & iTunes, we talk about The VVitch, Green Room and The Love Witch.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Trick question , I don't read his posts

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I would really love it if CeltPred could record some Rick-and-Morty repertoire, except between SMG posts and whoever the poor bastard it is arguing with him.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Matthewmatosis.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jenny Angel posted:

The sound of silence

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I had a muffin AND toast for breakfast and now my fat rear end feels sick :qq:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Jenny Angel posted:

The Architect, from The Matrix.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!
Where can I find SMG talking about Sonic, and who would be dumb enough to shut down a comedy spigot like that?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Whenever SMG is probed, all the other characters should be like "where's SMG?"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Hodgepodge posted:

Where can I find SMG talking about Sonic, and who would be dumb enough to shut down a comedy spigot like that?

The quote that turned cined upside down:

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

That's nothing more than the Hedgehog/Prower phenomenon of ostensibly adult characters engaged in prolonged and intense bouts of presexual intimacy.

FN and Poe - despite being twenty- and thirty-somethings, respectively - are several steps behind Matthew Broderick's teen hacker in Wargames, who tentatively explores how it feels to take his shirt off in front of a girl.

For fans, the actual erotic appeal comes from the fact that Sonic The Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever. He achieves full satisfaction just by staring at you with his massive hypersensitive eyes, and passionately filling his rounded belly with chilidogs. Poe and FN, likewise, will never move beyond hugging and trying on eachothers' clothes. They have no need to.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!
Honestly, that's pretty tame take on the madness that is Sonic fandom. Did he bring the Sonic aspect up out of the blue or something?

Also Sonic achieves satisfaction by running at breakneck speed through a DMT trip. But not even 99% of Sonic devs grok this.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jenny Angel posted:

David Attenborough doing the narration for Planet Earth, accompanied by dramatic music from the same show.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I imagine him speaking in the voice of someone doing a Bubsy 3D let's play.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Can all of you read posts in voices that easily for real or are u just saying so as a joke, genuine question.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Everyone is their avatar, thus SMG's voice is that of Richard Attenborough with a wiggly blue dong on his head.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!

Toebone posted:

Everyone is their avatar, thus SMG's voice is that of Richard Attenborough with a wiggly blue dong on his head.

Probably a good $100 was wasted trying to shame SMG with red text and avatars, when that avatar told you everything you needed to know.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Hat Thoughts posted:

Can all of you read posts in voices that easily for real or are u just saying so as a joke, genuine question.

I give every poster a voice eventually.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 246 days!

Toebone posted:

Now I'm curious as to what Coyote sounds like in your head.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hat Thoughts posted:

For the record your posting voice is very soothing and matter-of-fact

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
I read all your posts with the voice of charles dance

EDIT: exept lurdiak: i read his post like a drunken nordics fan from quebec trying to speak english

Kharn_The_Betrayer fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 3, 2017

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Why would you not read SMG's posts in a thick Slovenian accent punctuated by snorts and nose blowing?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Today's warmup drawing is Jubilee, the most popular X-Man (right????)

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

Missed thread title opportunity:

What happened here

E: nvm, also I read SMG as the PBS Idea Channel guy

• Locked thread