Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AbstractNapper posted:

And then, what the gently caress is the prelude or whatever? Is it episode one, or a prologue to episode one?

It's Roberts trying to make his game into the Star Wars franchise of the new millennium.

Star Wars had preludes so his game has to have preludes as well.

The one thing I am genuinely surprised by is that no employee has gone rogue one and leaked in house gaming footage of the SQ42.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
SQ42 has been leaked before.

It was some (bad) 3d models and nothing else.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

spacetoaster posted:

Game like you wouldn't believe.

And here everyone thought that the apostrophe was marking the omission of “uni-”, when all along it was meant to replace “per-”.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

JugbandDude posted:

I think it's self-explanatory.

A pentagram is evil, a grim pentagram is evil*2, a grim hex is evil*3, so um, VERY evil.

The sort of name a 10 year old would come up with.

Welcome to Bleak Rhombus, commando

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

My goondolences for everyone back at work today and reading the thread more.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

MedicineHut posted:

By the way, it seems that in addition to Star Marine, CIG also released full VR support you suckers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5lqjfk/just_tried_star_citizen_in_vr_and_the_feeling_is/

When asked how he did it the OP seems to dodge the question, but I am sure he is absolutely not full of poo poo.

It's the same lovely app that people use on other games and unless you like vomiting everywhere it's awful

http://www.vorpx.com/

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Came back in late after the holidays... I am super good about reading but some info got removed and it moved very fast during the livestream with drunkWTF...

Can any nice goons explain:

1) Who got doxxed by goobs (spelling?)?

2) What's this about cheating in SM?

3) WTF was some PUA or something in a past life named RocksTar?

4) Any other interesting thing I missed?

I just got past all the lumberyard stuff, and got way behind, thanks!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

Nope. Curiously, since the LY fiasco dropped, both him and MoMA seem to have disappeared. Coincidence? hmmmm

I was actually enjoying my holiday break off and not tweeting endlessly like a dumb-gently caress.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 3, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I missed your :smuggo:, MoMAnuses

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

also who is nowledgelambo and why does he miss wtf?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

flyboi posted:

It's the same lovely app that people use on other games and unless you like vomiting everywhere it's awful

http://www.vorpx.com/

I used these things once and never again. It doesn't look right and it feels god awful. Like being drunk.

Predictions:
SQ42 will not be in 2017 (obviously)
Something called 3.0 will be released mid year. It will have nothing in it that was said to be in 3.0.
The engine change will not be done before the end of the year. Nothing of value will be gained from Lumberyard and they will just stick with what they got.
Derrek Smart will promise big things that turn out to be reasonably medium things (Yes, console release. No, it will also never be done)
And the big one: A massive change in the direction of the project this year will be openly announced. Think: dropping the MMO side.

You didn't hear this from me. Natch'.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ZenMaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHtIjbBVuTE

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ZenMaster posted:

Came back in late after the holidays... I am super good about reading but some info got removed and it moved very fast during the livestream with drunkWTF...

Goobs got a ban for doxxing WTFosaurus who's name and business are on his website so I don't know.

And there's already a company selling hacks for Star Citizen.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

ManofManyAliases posted:

I was actually enjoying my holiday break off and not tweeting endlessly like a dumb-gently caress.

welcome back

derek get out

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sillybones posted:

I used these things once and never again. It doesn't look right and it feels god awful. Like being drunk.

Predictions:
SQ42 will not be in 2017 (obviously)
Something called 3.0 will be released mid year. It will have nothing in it that was said to be in 3.0.
The engine change will not be done before the end of the year. Nothing of value will be gained from Lumberyard and they will just stick with what they got.
Derrek Smart will promise big things that turn out to be reasonably medium things (Yes, console release. No, it will also never be done)
And the big one: A massive change in the direction of the project this year will be openly announced. Think: dropping the MMO side.

You didn't hear this from me. Natch'.

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.

Please tell us what features will be in this 3.0 release

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mikojan posted:

welcome back

derek get out

:negative:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

You never learn its sad. Like an abused spouse who thinks if they cook the roast correctly this time things will be different from yesterday.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/816324854781792256

I wrote this back in Oct before they were dumb enough to switch to Lumberyard, five years into development

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-musings/#post-4746

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 3, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Daztek posted:

Please tell us what features will be in this 3.0 release

Ok. From what I hear, there will likely be one more 2.6 drop (2.6.1), which should include the first iteration of the "mega-map." That will be the primary test-bed for the Stanton (?) release in 3.0. There will be multiple stations, at least one full system to traverse as well as enhanced quantum travel and flight mechanics. My notes are still pretty vague, but hey: it's more than anyone else with a "source" on this gay thread, right?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Although to be fair cooking a roast is loving easy and loving it up that many times in a row is beyond comprehension and has to be a deliberate sign of disrespect to the breadwinner.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

I wrote this back in Oct before they were dumb enough to switch to Lumberyard, five years into development

Honestly - no one gives a gently caress. At least have the audacity to monetize ads if you're going to peddle your absolute poo poo forum/blog/rants of a lunatic to others.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

I guess they don't pay you to post off the clock?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok. From what I hear, there will likely be one more 2.6 drop (2.6.1), which should include the first iteration of the "mega-map." That will be the primary test-bed for the Stanton (?) release in 3.0. There will be multiple stations, at least one full system to traverse as well as enhanced quantum travel and flight mechanics. My notes are still pretty vague, but hey: it's more than anyone else with a "source" on this gay thread, right?

have you seen the list of what is supposed to be 2.7/3.0

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Derek, do you know what's actually going on with this lumberyard "switch"? Because from most of what I've heard it doesn't involve making any changes what so ever and seems to be simply a way to get Amazon to support them if/when Crytech goes bust.

You seem to be implying that there's some work involved in the Lumberyard switch, but since they've said merging with cryengine 3.8 would be impossible, I'm not sure what they'd be trying to do.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
star-citizen-musings/#post-4746

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sorry. It means 3.0 will be before June but not in a month or two. Like Q2, not Q3. Cheers.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ZenMaster posted:

1. WTFOSAURUS.

2. A company released a wallhack/ESP program.

3. See #1.

4. Jared has two jobs.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Will it have all of this

quote:

BASIC PROFESSION FUNCTIONS

Trading – Be able to buy/sell commodities via kiosks and NPCs among the various landing zones.

Cargo Transport – Pick up hauling jobs between landing zones. Automatic cargo load/unload, manual cargo transport.

Piracy and Smuggling – Establish secure/non-secure areas. AI Security response to attacks. Add the ability to retrieve floating cargo from destroyed ships. Create buy/sell system for illicit cargo.

Mercenary – Create Service Beacon System (for Combat Assist Contracts). Create AI distress scenarios.

Bounty Hunter – Accept missions to terminate wanted players and NPCs.

quote:

STANTON SYSTEM ROLL-OUT
Travel around the various planets and stations within the Stanton System. Although technically a UEE system, all of these planets were sold to MegaCorps to help fund the government.

Debut of Planetary Tech

Expanding the Stanton System
ArcCorp
Hurston
Microtech
Crusader
Delamar
New Space Stations, moons and Asteroid belts

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LCL-Dead posted:

So.. new thread title.

Is this a game now?

It is according to WTFOSAURUS. That's what he told me right before he banned me from his Twitch stream for being negative.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

D_Smart posted:

I loving beat you with all this news. Look above. Don't rehash poo poo.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Jared has two jobs,is grey haired, and lives with a roommate.

Hope living in LA is worth it lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AbstractNapper posted:

It doesn't seem to have changed much, but it still somehow seems messy...

Also, yeah I don't remember anything about episodes being mentioned when I pledged. And nothing was mentioned about an option for the "expansion pack".

But I wasn't an early backer so I must have missed that "Behind Enemy Lines" promise. Pity, because backer exclusive poo poo like that, do trigger me and I would have never backed this loving garbage company in the first place.

And then, what the gently caress is the prelude or whatever? Is it episode one, or a prologue to episode one?

It's not backer exclusive. CIG would never avoid offering something for sale deny fans the chance to access content.

The prelude is a rumored attempt by CIG to stave off the oncoming tide of anger by releasing some kind of ultra-preliminary taste of what Squadron 42 is supposed to have.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

ManofManyAliases posted:

Quoting this too.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Where is the info of jared having two jobs? Would it be doxxing to post it?

Also when is 3.0 going to come out? Weeks not months or we are working really hard on it and expect to see something during the next live stream (quietly cancels it an hour before the live stream)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheLightPurges posted:

Jared has two jobs,is grey haired, and lives with a roommate.

Hope living in LA is worth it lol

It seems like a really nice place to visit. Weather is good, lots of attractive people running around to yoga studios, and the pier and beach seem nice. No way in hell would I want to live there though, especially with traffic.

The last time I visited LA I saw a man die on the 405.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

ManofManyAliases posted:

Honestly - no one gives a gently caress. At least have the audacity to monetize ads if you're going to peddle your absolute poo poo forum/blog/rants of a lunatic to others.

You sound very angry, friend. Weren't the holidays long enough?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Where is the info of jared having two jobs? Would it be doxxing to post it?

Also when is 3.0 going to come out? Weeks not months or we are working really hard on it and expect to see something during the next live stream (quietly cancels it an hour before the live stream)

No, he tweeted about it while stuck in an elevator. We won't have any idea when 3.0 should be coming out until CIG releases their super open totally accurate schedule for it like they did with 2.6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

What do you think of Ben Parry's confession that the Lumberyard "swap" is a superficial joke?