Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Chipotle Tabasco is the premier Chipotle sauce.
Chili-garlic Cholua is the superior garlicky sauce.
Pickapeppa is the best not hot sauce.
Not sure what my favorite "just hot sauce" sauce is tho.

E: it's a recurring joke in my family that there is probably lead in El Yucateco but no one cares because it's so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

katkillad2 posted:

Took some of the suggestions and bought like 6 bottles of hot sauce, the one that really stands out is this:

It's smokey, vinegary and the perfect amount of heat... easily my new favorite hot sauce. Is there anything similar/better or should I just continue buying this stuff for the rest of my life?

Cholula Chipotle is considerably milder but I love the flavor. I don't think one will replace the other, but you might want to keep both around.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

katkillad2 posted:

Took some of the suggestions and bought like 6 bottles of hot sauce, the one that really stands out is this:

It's smokey, vinegary and the perfect amount of heat... easily my new favorite hot sauce. Is there anything similar/better or should I just continue buying this stuff for the rest of my life?

It's amazing. Also all versions of their habenero sauce are the best imo. Not a huge fan of the nuclear green and candy red colors.

I usually keep at least 2 bottles of the xxx hot Mayan sauce at home so I never run out.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Jmcrofts posted:

Try Chipotle Tabasco. Even if you hate regular Tabasco (like I do) the Chipotle version has great smoke flavor and just the right amount of heat.

So does the smoked jalapeño version. I don't like regular Tabasco I guess because of the fermented-y taste it has.

Also, El Yucateco (green) isn't as hot as it seemed to be in the past. I had some tonight (fresh bottle, even, since the one on the table was empty), and it barely seemed hot.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Pickapeppa is delicious. Got a bottle of it and Dave's Ghost pepper sauce and both are good. Pickapeppa is so very good. No heat, but still good.

E: Used Dave's to boost the heat of a generic buffalo sauce I bought and made quesadillas. Easily best decision I've made in a while.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 10, 2016

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The mango pickapeppa is SO good, too. Almost no heat, but great on practically anything that works with sweet flavors.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The nuclear green el yucateco is their best sauce flavor wise imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there are a few which hit that description here which am i after?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...id=CR3O7E63HAAS

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Jose posted:

there are a few which hit that description here which am i after?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...id=CR3O7E63HAAS

This one is the one I mentioned earlier.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

QuarkMartial posted:

This one is the one I mentioned earlier.
ya, that's the one.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Squashy Nipples posted:

The mango pickapeppa is SO good, too. Almost no heat, but great on practically anything that works with sweet flavors.

Yes, it is pretty darn good on some pork tenderloin.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Löwensenf Extra.

Holy poo poo this stuff is no joke. Tastes great but I put too much and it was like eating straight wasabi, poo poo was attacking my lungs. Going to have to go with a slight smear rather than it dripping out of the bun.

I've got so much hot sauce now I need more food to eat hot sauce on. I tried the Pickapeppa sauce today, tastes like a thicker Worcestershire sauce and considering I have to stop myself from drinking that out of the bottle, it's a pretty good sauce.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
Been devouring some Pain Is Good and Melinda's at work.

Taste and heat wise, they're pretty close, which is to say they're delicious.

The faces in the label are what you look like in the bathroom after eating way too much. :v:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I accidentally bought some Laoganma brand hot sauce that isn't the ma la spicy chili crisp we all know and love, just a thick chili paste. I suppose I could add some Sichuan pepper powder to it. :effort:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Merry Christmas to myself.

Got it on Amazon, less than half the cost of the tiny bottles per ounce!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

That definitely has lead in it.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Dios Mio :magical:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

katkillad2 posted:

:eyepop:

Shotgun that sauce

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

katkillad2 posted:

Do want.

I always wanted one of those big glass gallon jugs of chipotle tabasco but they are pretty pricey.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

katkillad2 posted:

Do you have a drain that needs unclogging?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Yup. It's called the "colon".

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The duty free shop in the Barbados airport had 2-liter bottles of Bajan hot sauce:

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
It's weirding me out that the bottle is laying down, not standing up. I don't know why that bothers me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I bought a bottle of Blair's Ultra Death Sauce.

It surprisingly has some decent flavor but holy loving hell is it hot.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Does it have liquid rage tho?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

Does it have liquid rage tho?

No, it has Jersey Fury whatever that means.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

Any of you guys had this stuff?

Ordered a couple bottles, will post trip report when they get in.

I got a bottle for christmas, Not that hot, but very good flavor. The first ingredient is pineapple, so I hope you dig a sweeter sauce.

The other bottle my wife got me,

Hamajang smoked ghost pepper sauce. This stuff is insane good. When I have time, I just make my hot sauces, this is a great standby though.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

QuarkMartial posted:

I know it isn't hot sauce, but anyone have recommendations for hot mustard?

I'd like to find some good Asian style as well as a more German(?) style. I guess that's the way to describe it. I like Chinese hot mustard and the sort of spicy brown mustard you would put on a hot dog or bratwurst. I don't think those are the same thing though; maybe they are.

Colemans english mustard.

If you're used to American yellow mustards or German brown ones, this will do a number on you. It's delicious but there's a reason it comes in smaller bottles.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Colemans + whatever hot sauce you're into is amazing.
The mustard hits you in the nose, the hot sauce everywhere else.
A lot of superhot sauces have mustard in for the same reason.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

coleman's is searing

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

A small layer of Colemans on a steak sandwich is the bomb

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Colemans is the best especially on sardines

We need a mustard thread, goddamnit. I loves me some mustard.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd love to read some mustard recipes

i bought the black, xxx and green yucatuan sauces and the green is by far the nicest

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It's not particularly spicy, but my favorite mustard is Ba Tampte. It's just so purely mustard-y. It's just exactly what I want when I reach for mustard.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

It's not particularly spicy, but my favorite mustard is Ba Tampte. It's just so purely mustard-y. It's just exactly what I want when I reach for mustard.

One of my favorites as well!
Very similar to Hebrew National, too.

More of a "spicy mustard" then a "hot mustard", though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I don't know about you guys, but I'd be happy to read about mustard in the hot sauce thread. It's a sauce. It can be hot.

I like this poo poo:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Jose posted:

i bought the black, xxx and green yucatuan sauces and the green is by far the nicest

Green and red are basically the same thing just with different food dyes so you'd probably like that one too if you can find either.

The black and xxx are really smokey. They also have a carribean one that's more habenero flavor and fruity without the smoked/aged pepper taste.

I also got a sampler pack from datil-do-it from a co-worker for Christmas and most of them are pretty tasty but mainly just vinegar. Their Port Au Prince sauce is a really good vinegar-based mild habenero sauce.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I also got a sampler pack from datil-do-it from a co-worker for Christmas and most of them are pretty tasty but mainly just vinegar. Their Port Au Prince sauce is a really good vinegar-based mild habenero sauce.

I got regifted that same pack. With the original price tag still on it... $8.99

So far, I haven't been impressed with sauces (although I only tried 2 of them), and the some of the stuff printed on the box is ridiculous. On the habanero sauce: "The Habanero is known as one of the hottest peppers in the world..."

No. No it isn't. :colbert:

King Kool
Mar 28, 2011
My brother was absolutely repulsed by the Colman's Mustard I tried. He said it was just about the worst thing he's ever tasted.

I wasn't really fond of it either, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. It's not something I would buy for myself for regular use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I will try it. I picked up some generic Asian mustard from an international market. I grabbed two different brands, but they are about the same flavor wise. A little heat, but mostly sweet.

They did have cheap sambal, though.

I was gifted some "zombie" hot sauces I've yet to try because they look so gimmicky.