Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Personally I would have loved to have seen this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

T-Rex Kanojo may be over, but maybe his new series will get trranslated, in which a dude rejects his childhood friend's confession and then she turns into a giant fuzzy caterpillar (?????)

https://comic.pixiv.net/works/2288

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

El Burbo posted:

T-Rex Kanojo may be over, but maybe his new series will get trranslated, in which a dude rejects his childhood friend's confession and then she turns into a giant fuzzy caterpillar (?????)

Fluff :3:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Mangamorphosis by Franz Kafka

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

It's much more this:

chunkles posted:

Mangamorphosis by Franz Kafka

than this:

I hope it ends soon, and happily. :(

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Does this one have more than one joke?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

z0glin Warchief posted:

It's much more this:
than this:
I hope it ends soon, and happily. :(

:(

Well then. So shall I.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

dordreff posted:

Does this one have more than one joke?

It's a serious psychological thing, not really a gag manga, though it does have some jokes.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Chio-Chan chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Chio-chan-no-Tsuugakuro/Vol-003-Ch-015-005--Omake--Momo-chan-s-Story?id=340976

In which we learn how the Public Morals Committee Girl got her armband.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

JosephWongKS posted:

New Chio-Chan chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Chio-chan-no-Tsuugakuro/Vol-003-Ch-015-005--Omake--Momo-chan-s-Story?id=340976

In which we learn how the Public Morals Committee Girl got her armband.

Aww. :3: Shinozuka's actually a pretty good person.

Well, really, everyone in this manga is a good person except for the two main characters, who are adorable garbage human beings. Trash Twins.

EDIT: Has anyone noticed that Kissmanga is making people click to go to the next page? I hate it! That used to be its only advantage over other sites, like Batoto, but now since I've got the Manga Loader script for Greasemonkey, there really is just no reason to use Kissmanga anymore.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 29, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I noticed that, then I noticed a drop-down menu near the page number that lets you choose!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I noticed that, then I noticed a drop-down menu near the page number that lets you choose!

Yeah, I noticed that the thing is set to one page now. I guess the site updated and reset some things?

Anyway, anyone finding themselves suffering from this, open up a manga and ctrl+f for 'reading type' and you can swap it to all in one.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
New Kotonoba Drive.

As :3: as always, but also a little :cry: for me.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Sanova Bocchi - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ayane-Oujou-sama-wa-Sanova-B-ch-ni-Araserareru/Ch-005--In-a-Golden-Fox-Fes--val?id=341435

In which Ojou-sama gains a new fan.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

She's such a pure-hearted princess. Truly divine! :3:

Takeo-chan is in its last volumes! The next volume should be the last. I love how the art has kind of evolved since the first chapters.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 1, 2017

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I noticed that the thing is set to one page now. I guess the site updated and reset some things?

Anyway, anyone finding themselves suffering from this, open up a manga and ctrl+f for 'reading type' and you can swap it to all in one.

Or you could just set it to the default style in your profile :shrug:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Sleepy Princess - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Maou-jou-de-Oyasumi/Ch-022--Guardian-of-the-Quiet-Sleep?id=341714

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:3:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

"The cause of everyone's nightmares... is me? Well, whatever." :allears:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I will never get over how cute those little teddies are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Xun posted:

Or you could just set it to the default style in your profile :shrug:

Ha! Your first mistake is thinking that I actually look at any of my settings on Kissmanga!

I posted that because people seemed mad an I wanted to be helpful but then you come along and just be more helpful than me and make me look bad. So thanks. Ya jerk.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
For anyone that hasn't checked, Interviews with Monster Girls, or the anime for Demi-chan in this thread, is on Crunchyroll starting today. First episode was pretty good!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Onean posted:

Interviews with Monster Girls

Dangit, and I'd finally forgotten they made this the English name! :bahgawd:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I wonder if they were trying to riff on the Anne Rice novel? What's the original Japanese title?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Gotta ride that monstergirl wave.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

I wonder if they were trying to riff on the Anne Rice novel? What's the original Japanese title?

Demi-chan wa kataritai, I think.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Demi-chan wa Kataritai, with Demi being ateji for the kanji 亜人(ajin), basically a word for not-quite-humans (and is often translated as demi-human). It basically means "Demi-chan wants to talk," but with a nuance of them having specific/important things they want to tell [someone], not just idle conversation.

"Interviews with Monster Girls" is a bad title imo because 1.) it takes away the agency of the Demis that's present in the original title (they have something they want to do vs. "interviews with"), and 2.) a decent portion of the story is about fitting in and discrimination and such (the whole "they want to be called demi, not ajin" thing being an obvious example), so just flat out calling them Monsters in the title feels really out of touch with the themes and tone of the work.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

z0glin Warchief posted:

Demi-chan wa Kataritai, with Demi being ateji for the kanji 亜人(ajin), basically a word for not-quite-humans (and is often translated as demi-human). It basically means "Demi-chan wants to talk," but with a nuance of them having specific/important things they want to tell [someone], not just idle conversation.

"Interviews with Monster Girls" is a bad title imo because 1.) it takes away the agency of the Demis that's present in the original title (they have something they want to do vs. "interviews with"), and 2.) a decent portion of the story is about fitting in and discrimination and such (the whole "they want to be called demi, not ajin" thing being an obvious example), so just flat out calling them Monsters in the title feels really out of touch with the themes and tone of the work.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's also about puberty.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I haven't watched the anime, and it's the English title for the manga too. I don't think a show having some fan-service means it can't also try to say things though, so I don't think that gif particularly matters to the argument.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh jeez, i wasn't trying for an own or even an actual argument. I just saw the gif and since it's basically my first exposure to the show/manga the juxtaposition was funny.

The show looks like it might be cool/funny/cute so i'll probably be checking it out soon.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

a kitten posted:

Oh jeez, i wasn't trying for an own or even an actual argument. I just saw the gif and since it's basically my first exposure to the show/manga the juxtaposition was funny.

Oh, oops. I guess I'm overly used to the "lol its anime who cares" response to this sort of thing.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

that scene is in the manga too, first or second chapter

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Davincie posted:

that scene is in the manga too, first or second chapter

z0glin Warchief posted:

I don't think a show manga having some fan-service means it can't also try to say things though, so I don't think that gif panel particularly matters to the argument.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

z0glin Warchief posted:

This.

I think "Conversations with demi-humans", or some other, cuter form of "demi-humans" would be better.

They have important conversations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Demi anime is great. Watch it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They have to have the "monster girl" part in there, for marketing

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Sadly...

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

I feel like one could come up with a title that signals the monster girl thing without also being terrible, but then again these are the same people who felt this was a good change, so maybe not:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ah yikes that's worse than what the words say