Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wouldn't mind having Baron Corbin crammed down our throats if he wasn't so bad on the mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I wouldn't mind having Baron Corbin crammed down our throats if he wasn't so bad on the mic . . . little man

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Nothing will ever get me to like Corbin as long as he never breaks kayfabe on Talking Smack

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"NEVER talk to me like that AGAIN, or I will kick your TEETH down your THROAT"

Welcome to 1985

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I think it's super cool that Neville has gotten to where he is after his brief acting stint on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxgfcIqFH58

This owns

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

someone do that with AJ Styles' A+, 5 star ROH theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKTNHX8y01Q

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just now realizing we could see Baron Corbin vs Brrrrrauuuuuunnnnn midway through the Royal Rumble. It's like a void.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Royal Rumble loving owns. SmackDown loving owns.

I'm torn because My Boy Dean Ambrose can and should absolutely continue to elevate the IC Title (which Miz has been doing wonderfully) but I want a Dean/Cena World Title program SO GODDAMN MUCH. Ah well, that's the difference with SD; there's an oversaturation of GOOD possibilities.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really dug Miz as IC Champion but after doing such a good job with it and based on his interactions with AJ Styles the last few weeks I'd love to see him pop back up to main event level.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
You guys have about 25 days to get aboard the Miz train before he wins the Rumble in the greatest day of Smackdown history

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I really dug Miz as IC Champion but after doing such a good job with it and based on his interactions with AJ Styles the last few weeks I'd love to see him pop back up to main event level.

There's a logjam though, unless you do, I dunno, Ambrose/Corbin and Cena/AJ/Miz Triple Threat?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There's a logjam though, unless you do, I dunno, Ambrose/Corbin and Cena/AJ/Miz Triple Threat?

He gets given a new job where every time Ziggler wants a title shot he has to beat Miz first, and he never does.

I apologize for the redundancy at the end of that statement.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the aj cena contract bit is one of the best contract bits i've seen, i usually dont like those very much. but after all of it, like aj's point is still kinda there, cena showed up after dipping out the last time aj beat him and just said "i get title shot now" and then he gets a title shot.

also holy poo poo it's crazy how much better aj has gotten on the mic in less than a year.

baron still sucks at promos though. i don't know why, i really like when he's vocal during matches but give him a microphone and he's runny dog shits.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 4, 2017

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

shiksa posted:

the aj cena contract bit is one of the best contract bits i've seen, i usually dont like those very much. but after all of it, like aj's point is still kinda there, cena showed up after dipping out the last time aj beat him and just said "i get title shot now" and then he gets a title shot.

also holy poo poo it's crazy how much better aj has gotten on the mic in less than a year.

Comfortable, i'd say. It seems he's really settled in and found the groove again.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

+

+

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

If you watched Talking Smack last week there was a great bit where AJ points out that he beat Cena three times, Cena replies,"You didn't have me at my best, I had a bad shoulder an-" and AJ just cuts him off with the most gloriously smug,"Oh that's your angle, huh? You're gonna claim you were hurt when I beat you up?"

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The moment before he exploded while Bryan and Renee are both hitting him with home-truths ruled too. He's just loving seething and it's the best.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

extremely my poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Corbin's still getting the hang of in-ring promos, but he's gotten really, really good at Talking Smack promos. You can say some bad things about Corbin's first year on the main roster but drat if he hasn't steadily improved, despite that

Anyway.

Dean/Samoa Joe and AJ/Miz for Mania?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I like that Cena now hates everyone that says Cena sucks.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

SmackDown is insanely good my friends, as is Talking Smack.

AJ STYLES owns, The Miz owns, Ambrose owns, Cena owns, Alexa owns, Becky owns, Baron Corbin owns, American Alpha owns, Wyatts own. Carmella is starting to be excellent?? Ziggler...might not be the worst hell turd anymore???????????

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jan 4, 2017

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I felt like he was really close to breaking out a JEEEEZUS during this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NmWMKCE0I

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Erebus posted:

I felt like he was really close to breaking out a JEEEEZUS during this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Ylm_LrvqM

WHAT DO YOU MEAN MARYSE GOT EJECTED, WHAT ARE YOU BLIND

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The Miz is good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Dean Ambrose would be the complete package if he didn't have the sloppiest weakest looking offense in the entire WWE.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Strawberry Panda posted:

I like that Cena now hates everyone that says Cena sucks.

He's threading this crazy needle where if you are a "CENA SUCKS" person he's obviously cutting a heel promo directed at you but if you're a "LET'S GO CENA" type it comes off as baby face fire and it is glorious.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I hope someone in Titan Towers was watching Wrestlekingdom to get an idea how to pace a 5 hour show. Turns out you don't need cool down matches.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Las luchadoras are cool. Also its insane how sd womens division is better than raws womens division.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Korelle posted:

Dean Ambrose would be the complete package if he didn't have the sloppiest weakest looking offense in the entire WWE.

his wrestling matches look like movie versions of wrestling matches

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

He's threading this crazy needle where if you are a "CENA SUCKS" person he's obviously cutting a heel promo directed at you but if you're a "LET'S GO CENA" type it comes off as baby face fire and it is glorious.

Cena is exceptionally good.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope someone in Titan Towers was watching Wrestlekingdom to get an idea how to pace a 5 hour show. Turns out you don't need cool down matches.

Cody vs Juice

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

When WWE decides to do a 50 minute match they will work the cool down into the opening exchange too

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

No, he should not go back to the main event.

Are you all forgetting this is the pattern with the Miz? Does a great job being a midcard heel. Then he gets moved to the main event, and everyone gets sick of him real quick because he doesn't translate well to a main event heel. Then he gets sent to the midcard again to regain his heat where he does a great job. Rinse and repeat.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Sum Mors posted:

Quoting from the first page, but ADR wasn't a disappointment because he won. He was a disappointment because his final boss to winning was Santino and the match ended with a dud.
I would like to correct this. Santino did the "hiding under the ring" gimmick and immediately became the fan's last hope of stopping ADR from winning the Rumble. He was a joke but the end was really hot. It was similar to the Elimination Chamber that ended with Bryan/Santino. Just because you know it's not gonna happen doesn't mean they can't give you an entertaining story.

Dear God he has no hair. He's Corbin-ing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Korelle posted:

agreed, he didn't used to look like this but after the Shield/initial Rollins feud he lost a lot of weight and got lax as gently caress in the ring. Roman puts on way better matches now especially since he can finally lift people for dos powerbombs

• Locked thread