Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

this is a stickup (6): Byers2142, this is a stickup, i am the bird, Tobbs Gnawed, Absurd Revolver, Podima

Not Voting (4): Atomic Soda, King Burgundy, Li Dawny, Murmur Twin

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 06th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
this is a stickup has been executed, he was Vanilla Townie.

Night 3!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Nobody died. Again.

Day 4 begins!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
what is even going on with scum

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tobbs went nowhere
D&D time
Bye

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Weird. I got back after the hammer and thought the game was won until the flip.

So there are four VTs (me, KB, AR, Tobbs), four confirmed townies with PRs (Dawny, AS, Byers, bird), and scum Podima who is more or less vanilla. I would propose:

- we lynch a VT. For the sake of argument, let's say it's me and I flip town.
- our two trackers track two VTs. For the sake of argument, let's say Tobbs and KB
- bird withholds.
- if there is a kill, either a tracker sees it, or we can deduce that the last VT (let's say AR) did it.
- if there isn't a kill, we just repeat the process

That's more or less an auto-win for town, correct?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

So there are four VTs (me, KB, AR, Tobbs), four confirmed townies with PRs (Dawny, AS, Byers, bird), and scum Podima who is more or less vanilla. I would propose:

- we lynch a VT. For the sake of argument, let's say it's me and I flip town*
- our two trackers track two VTs. For the sake of argument, let's say Tobbs and KB
- bird withholds.
- if there is a kill, either a tracker sees it, or we can deduce that the last VT (let's say AR) did it
- if I flip town, Pod is executed for being the treasonous scum that he is :j:

mafia edit

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
We, in theory, have two more lynches before we lose.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, there is no way for us to lose at this point.

I will say that I agree with Tobbs that we should be removing Pod from the equation before we proceed though. I've been in games where cult leader is passed to a cult member after death. Normally it doesn't activate right away, but still not worth the risk when the game is ours to win.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I agree. ##vote Podima

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, Byers is just owning the scum with his docs, in which case we can clear a bunch of people(MMT yesterday, Tobbs + ? today), or scum is withholding in which case no one is clear. It doesn't really make sense for scum to withhold since that pretty much ensures their loss, but who knows.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Since I currently don't have much better stuff to do, I'd propose:

Day: everyone votes me
Night: LD tracks AR, AS tracks Tobbs, Byers protects LD, bird busdrives AS and KB.

There's no way scum can kill anyone without being outed. Even if they do, neither tracker can die so they'll be around to share results. If they choose not to kill someone, everyone votes out KB. Trackers track the same targets, bird and byers trade LD and AS for targets.

That plan ignores the existence of Podima - you guys can figure that out :) But in my head I think the game is solved if we do that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, there is no way for us to lose at this point.

I will say that I agree with Tobbs that we should be removing Pod from the equation before we proceed though. I've been in games where cult leader is passed to a cult member after death. Normally it doesn't activate right away, but still not worth the risk when the game is ours to win.

This is a good point, I agree. Should I vote Pod now or do people want to talk more?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Consider my vote on Pod, but holding off for now so everyone gets a chance to talk(I'm bummed I didn't get to post last day phase).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Wanna hear from soda. Still wanna lynch pod to make extra super sure he doesn't flip as cult recruiter. If he does well then.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

If Podima writes a poem about how town he thinks I am, I'm willing to make a passionate argument for keeping him around :j:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

If Podima writes a poem about how town he thinks I am, I'm willing to make a passionate argument for keeping him around :j:

This is acceptable, provided you still vote for him.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

i am the bird posted:

We, in theory, have two more lynches before we lose.

Wait, what?

King Burgundy posted:

Also, Byers is just owning the scum with his docs, in which case we can clear a bunch of people(MMT yesterday, Tobbs + ? today), or scum is withholding in which case no one is clear. It doesn't really make sense for scum to withhold since that pretty much ensures their loss, but who knows.

I protected LD last night, but I feel like that scum had to have withheld one of the two nights; the only other possibility is that I've gotten two protects in a row, and (especially last night's "which tracker?" protection) I don't see that happening. If I did get it right two nights in a row, though, that tells us the last scum (MT and Tobbs were tracked, and we have AS's target still).

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Wanna hear from soda. Still wanna lynch pod to make extra super sure he doesn't flip as cult recruiter. If he does well then.

I'd be ok with that, now that we've dodged another NK, but if he's able to recruit holy poo poo, FL, that's a crazy setup in a two scum team, 13 player game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Night: LD tracks AR, AS tracks Tobbs, Byers protects LD, bird busdrives AS and KB.

There's no way scum can kill anyone without being outed. Even if they do, neither tracker can die so they'll be around to share results. If they choose not to kill someone, everyone votes out KB. Trackers track the same targets, bird and byers trade LD and AS for targets.

That plan ignores the existence of Podima - you guys can figure that out :) But in my head I think the game is solved if we do that.

Hmmm, I think something like that definitely works. I mean, a tracker can still die if the scum targets me(AS), but it would either be seen or process of elimination would take care of who the scum was. I do think planning out the night actions can secure the victory earlier, but we would probably just get there on our own at this point regardless.

After voting Pod we'd be at 8 players, 4 confirmed, 1 scum, 3 VT. If someone dies, we go to 7 players, 3 confirmed, 1 scum, 3 VT but chances are high people are cleared or caught. If no one dies, I think we win by default after another cuddle?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

- we lynch a VT. For the sake of argument, let's say it's me and I flip town.
- bird withholds.
- if there is a kill, either a tracker sees it, or we can deduce that the last VT (let's say AR) did it.

That's more or less an auto-win for town, correct?

Pretty much, yeah. Scum needs to kill to win, which is why withholding makes little sense to me.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

If we do this, flip AS and LD.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Wait, what?

Yeah, I can't make sense of that either. Only way that could be true is if Pod became a cult recruiter and recruited someone?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I can't make sense of that either. Only way that could be true is if Pod became a cult recruiter and recruited someone?

Maybe? But I still see that as a low possibility, because that's a shitshow of a mechanic in a smaller game with multiple scum teams.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Flip as in I protect AS, obviously, not kill them for their flips.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I meant three not two. As in, it's basically impossible to lose if we assume Pod isn't recruiting, because 2 nights of action and 2 more VT lynches means the third lynch is a slam dunk.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Oh, wait. I just realized that plan doesn't work if we lynch Pod instead of me.

I really really doubt that Pod could be a recruiter (just based on his willingness to concede if stickup was scum) so I personally think killing a VT is the play. That's something we can talk about while we wait for people to check in.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:ghost:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I really really doubt that Pod could be a recruiter (just based on his willingness to concede if stickup was scum) so I personally think killing a VT is the play. That's something we can talk about while we wait for people to check in.

It still works fine tomorrow, after we cuddle Pod and make sure we aren't dealing with another recruiter.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

i am the bird posted:

I meant three not two. As in, it's basically impossible to lose if we assume Pod isn't recruiting, because 2 nights of action and 2 more VT lynches means the third lynch is a slam dunk.

Ok, yeah, that makes more sense.

You know, this would be much easier and much less of a waste of our time going through the motions if scum would just claim. At this point, if Pod is somehow a recruiter cult can still win, but that lone Scum Goon? Game over, man, game over.

Plus, as yuming always told me, think of how much freer you'll feel by opening up to the thread! All that stress of trying to deal with lying, being scum, it will al just melt away! :sun:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

See, this is what I'd rather do, because in my eyes it's a low-risk move. I've seen cult recruiter pass on, true, but never in a game with a set-up anything like this. Personally, I say we hear what AS did and lynch whomever hasn't been tracked yet, KB or AR.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

See, this is what I'd rather do, because in my eyes it's a low-risk move.

The lowest risk move is purging Pod first, to make sure. Especially given I don't see, mathematically, how scum can possibly win if we do that. No matter what we are going to get through all the VTs before end game and catch the last scum.

If we do a variant on the plan, we'll even have the last scum narrowed to one of two people going into tomorrow if someone dies.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

It still works fine tomorrow, after we cuddle Pod and make sure we aren't dealing with another recruiter.

My objection to killing Pod is that there is the tiniest of openings if there are 4 VT going into the night. If there's a kill and AR/LD didn't do it, then it could have been either me/KB, and whoever the scum is could kill Byers or bird.

I mean it's still like 99% a lock for town but I want to shoot for 100%.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

The lowest risk move is purging Pod first, to make sure. Especially given I don't see, mathematically, how scum can possibly win if we do that. No matter what we are going to get through all the VTs before end game and catch the last scum.

If we do a variant on the plan, we'll even have the last scum narrowed to one of two people going into tomorrow if someone dies.

KB, are you scum? If you are, you can tell me privately in a spoiler, I promise not to tell!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

My objection to killing Pod is that there is the tiniest of openings if there are 4 VT going into the night. If there's a kill and AR/LD didn't do it, then it could have been either me/KB, and whoever the scum is could kill Byers or bird.

I mean it's still like 99% a lock for town but I want to shoot for 100%.

Do the math though, how does scum win from there? Bottom line is we'd still be starting the day with 3 confirmed town, 2 VTs who are cleared, and 2 VTs who are not. So worst case two days later they are dead if we miss the first time. We win at 5 players.

If we don't do Pod now, and find out later he's a recruiter, it's game over and cult wins.

In either scenario, scum loses.

Not sure why people want to even take the risk.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

KB, are you scum? If you are, you can tell me privately in a spoiler, I promise not to tell!

I'm town. But don't tell anyone.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Do the math though, how does scum win from there? Bottom line is we'd still be starting the day with 3 confirmed town, 2 VTs who are cleared, and 2 VTs who are not. So worst case two days later they are dead if we miss the first time. We win at 5 players.

If we don't do Pod now, and find out later he's a recruiter, it's game over and cult wins.

Ok, let's run the scenario. We lynch Pod, and he flips something like Town Cult Recruit Leader Miller, God of Strikethroughs. What then, start killing off the power roles to keep hunting the Cult? There's a reason Scum would want us to turn our attention to Pod over the VT, because there's a glimmer of hope.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Ok, let's run the scenario. We lynch Pod, and he flips something like Town Cult Recruit Leader Miller, God of Strikethroughs. What then, start killing off the power roles to keep hunting the Cult? There's a reason Scum would want us to turn our attention to Pod over the VT, because there's a glimmer of hope.

No, we'd still need to focus on the scum at that point since we wouldn't know who he had recruited(if he even had yet). Let the final scum hunt the last cult until we kill them. Part of the reason to do Pod sooner rather than later is to catch him before recruitment if he's on a timer. (I really wish I had been around to argue this during the few hours the thread was open last day for this reason)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Basically, scum loses no matter what at this point. Killing Pod first helps make sure it's town that wins, not Cult, in case that is an issue.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah, his willingness to give up makes it highly, highly doubtful.

I honestly expected the game to end because stickup said he was scum with 0% chance of winning and so wanted the game to be over.

Frankly, scum could win if every VT did that, so please don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

I was in the middle of typing out the only scenario where scum could get out of the hardlock. They'd have to kill one of (byers/bird) and not get tracked, and then kill one of the trackers the next night that goes unprotected...

...but then I factored in that we can also systematically vote out the VTs in addition to night phases and yeah, I think it's still a lock.

My personal vote is to kill off a VT. Am I wrong in saying that if "cult recruiter" were to pass down, then even with perfect information town could never kill the cult? There would already be 2 cult members (Pod and whoever he recruited last night) and they'll have 4 confirmed town targets to recruit even if we kill one every night. There's no way FL would make that a thing, and even if he did I can't imagine that Pod would have openly offered to concede if he was still in the game.

• Locked thread