Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I'm a bit torn over the art style. The characters looked cool in 2D, but in the gameplay footage it became obvious to me that there's not enough happening with their silhouettes, Roy's trousers being perhaps the most obvious example. Their colours might be a bit too desaturated for my taste, too.

It's stuff that they might be able to polish later on. Animation is still very keyframe-ish, that or they're trying to go for Blazblue here, hehe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I think it looks decent, but agree that it needs real hitsparks. The most distracting thing from footage I've seen is that the normals largely seem kind of stubby and indistinct. This new character looks a little better, but the first videos had a lot of elbows and knees, which really don't read very well as normals in 2D games.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you'll never have a popular fighting game with stubby normals and bad hitstop

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

beergod posted:

Does anyone use a hit box

I used to... But switched to stick because it's just more fun. Took awhile to relearn some stuff but I have more fun on stick vs keyboard/hitbox

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I'm a bit torn over the art style. The characters looked cool in 2D

I'm pretty sure the in game character graphics are 2D.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm pretty sure the in game character graphics are 2D.

You must be looking at it with completely different eyes than I am, because I'm definitely not seeing anything I could mistake for 2D.

Fakeedit: Are you talking about Unholy Night?

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

beergod posted:

yeah

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

beergod posted:

Yes.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gross

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

It's bad Virtua Fighter with titties.

Still better than SFV by a margin

Is that really true, I've heard that DOA 5 is a marked step above the previous games and a pretty good 3d fighter if you don't go into it looking for a VF/Tekken substitute.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

FanaticalMilk posted:

Is that really true, I've heard that DOA 5 is a marked step above the previous games and a pretty good 3d fighter if you don't go into it looking for a VF/Tekken substitute.

it has by far the worst gamefeel out of any fg ive played with a budget over ten dollars

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

beergod posted:

hells yeah on my sick setup

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

it has by far the worst gamefeel out of any fg ive played with a budget over ten dollars
so, better than sfv?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hells yeah on my sick setup

Here's a good setup from Shine in Boston this year

e: last year
e2: https://twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/755005841669894144

Reiley fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 5, 2017

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Oh snap, did they leak that Venom would be in the new Marvel vs Capcom?

Please, oh please be true :pray:

So sick of them sticking us with some B-team losers while they blueball us on the A-game material, come on Marvel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

Really? It's got some pretty sick ring outs and reversals.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I got a quick question for anybody that owns a TV that offers a "game mode", which is supposed to reduce input lag apparently.

Does anybody actually feel any difference using it? It seems like lag should be a thing I should do whatever I can to reduce but this game mode thing makes games look a lot shittier

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

CharlestonJew posted:

I got a quick question for anybody that owns a TV that offers a "game mode", which is supposed to reduce input lag apparently.

Does anybody actually feel any difference using it? It seems like lag should be a thing I should do whatever I can to reduce but this game mode thing makes games look a lot shittier

absolutely always use game mode

it generally turns off or reduces post-processing for your TV and reduces lag considerably.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

Yes my TV is like 5 frames laggier with game mode off

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
ok thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing this for no benefit

for some good news I won a bunch of SF matches tonight with Game Mode off so I think that means I'm an expert now

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

ok thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing this for no benefit

for some good news I won a bunch of SF matches tonight with Game Mode off so I think that means I'm an expert now

Time to take off the weighted clothes like Goku and be the best in the world

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Man, imagine if the technical stuff worked in this game. Netcode, loading times, stats tracking, input delay, etc. Wouldn't really need gameplay changes IMO and it'd really quickly regain momentum among the community.

Pity that Capcom seems to take the path of least possible effort (and competence) every single time.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

play marvel

https://a.pomf.cat/cjoedy.webm

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Why can't I see your webms

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Corbeau posted:

Man, imagine if the technical stuff worked in this game. Netcode, loading times, stats tracking, input delay, etc. Wouldn't really need gameplay changes IMO and it'd really quickly regain momentum among the community.

Pity that Capcom seems to take the path of least possible effort (and competence) every single time.

No its actually bad in most other ways also

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

https://youtu.be/LF5a1xJtPIo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Big Scary Owl posted:

Why can't I see your webms

maybe something of yours is blocking pomf.se?

anyways play marvel

https://a.pomf.cat/fnoqfw.webm

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Is it really a hit box if one of the buttons isn't a butthole on a stick?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I use one. I was trying to learn to Tiger knee yesterday on it and then I realised I could just input jump -> qcf quickly enough that I didn't need an input trick.

Also holy poo poo Guilty Gear is difficult. Millia's BnB stuff is harder than my hardest Laura combos in SFV.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I use one. I was trying to learn to Tiger knee yesterday on it and then I realised I could just input jump -> qcf quickly enough that I didn't need an input trick.

Also holy poo poo Guilty Gear is difficult. Millia's BnB stuff is harder than my hardest Laura combos in SFV.

good post

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Thanks! I spent all night thinking about it.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Behold! My ultimate ninja technique! Hitbox-Assisted Jump-Install Teleport!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

In Training posted:

Really? It's got some pretty sick ring outs and reversals.

Almost everything feels super weightless and floaty, especially on block. Everyone has 9000000 strings that serve no purpose.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Yorkshire Tea posted:

At least with Millia you're doing that one BNB 90% of the time. I-no is a horror show of character specific nonsense with more obnoxious IAD requirements.

Worth it because she's so SASSY though :nyd:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Spuckuk posted:

Everyone has 9000000 strings that serve no purpose.

but enough about every 3d game ever except vf

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Play VF

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Millie's IAD stuff is fun to learn and super satisfying to pull off in a match

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

dangerdoom volvo posted:

but enough about every 3d game ever except vf

Soul Calibur

It's worth learning Millia in Xrd so you can laugh outrageously when someone tells you any character in SFV* has strong mixups.

*Or any game really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Spuckuk posted:

Soul Calibur

It's worth learning Millia in Xrd so you can laugh outrageously when someone tells you any character in SFV* has strong mixups.

*Or any game really.

I come from the world of Laura where my mixups are, after elbow, normal throw, command throw or Cr. MP. Off a similar thing Milia has something like seven or eight different moves. It's madness.