Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

that animation looks like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
flip flappers and hand shakers, the two shows announced alongside each other, one went on to become legend and the other is going to become a show even less people will watch

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Colonel posted:

flip flappers and hand shakers, the two shows announced alongside each other, one went on to become legend and the other is going to become a show even less people will watch

cant believe hand shakers is going to become legend

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

cant believe hand shakers is going to become legend

cake attack!!!!!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I voted for every Category in the Crunchyroll Anime Awards except Best Couple and Best Comedy.

• Anime of the Year: I wrote in Jojo. I like Erased, Mob, and MHA, but I prefer Jojo.
  • Hero of the Year: Deku. He'd be cliched as the protagonist of an American superhero comic, but as a shonen manga protagonist, he has a lot of unusual traits.
  • Villain of the Year: Kira. He shows that you can be unambiguously evil (without even any excuses, really) and still be a complex character. Gaku Yashiro from Erased is basically Kira with less depth, and Shigaraki's motivations are a little too abstract for my tastes (although I like the way he develops as Deku does).
  • Best Boy: Deku again.
  • Best Girl: Rem. My head says Uraraka, but the criterion for this category mentions the heart, and Rem is in some heartstring-tugging scenes.
  • Best Fight Scene: Deku vs. Kacchan. It has clever tactics, but it's also used to explore the characters.
  • Best Animation: Flip Flappers. Definitely the most visually interesting show.
  • Most Heartwarming: The Kayo scene.
  • Drama of the Year. I wrote in Jojo again, although after reading the criteria more carefully, I should have wrote in Re:Zero.
  • Best Couple: I'm waiting until I finish Flip Flappers and Izetta before I vote for this category.
  • Best Comedy: I haven't watched any of these shows...
  • Best Action: I wrote in Jojo again.
  • Best Opening: Mob. The song really stands out. Rakugo has great art in its opening, but an average song.
  • Best Ending: Space Patrol Luluco. For the distinctive use of actual photographs more than the song.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Anime of the Year: Heybot
Hero of the Year: Mandriver (from Heybot)
Villain of the Year: Nejiru & Heybot
Best Boy: Heybot
Best Girl: Vocammy (from Heybot)
Best Fight Scene: Nejiru & Heybot vs Norio
Best Animation: Sound! Euphonium S2
Most Heartwarming: Daddyboar and Inoshiro reconciling (from Heybot)
Drama of the Year: Sound! Euphonium S2
Best Couple: Moeru & Kathleena (from Heybot)
Best Comedy: Heybot
Best Action: Heybot
Best Opening: Heybot
Best Ending: Flip Flappers

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

only now do i realize i should've nominated Tiger Mask vs. Red Death Mask for best fight

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Anime of the Year: Mob Psycho, sure.
Hero of the Year: Deku, but on second thought I should have wrote in All Might.
Villain of the Year: The person who made Asterisk Wars season 2.
Best Boy: Deku's shoe
Best Girl: Megumin blows away the spotlight in my heart.
Best Fight Scene: Aqua vs Frog, nothing compares.
Best Animation: Mob Psycho
Most Heartwarming: Natsume Yuujinchou Go's entire 5th season.
Drama of the Year: Berserk's animation quality.
Best Couple: Guts x Griffith
Best Comedy: Konosuba
Best Action: Mob Psycho
Best Opening: Mob Psycho
Best Ending: gently caress it I don't care

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
That Hand Shakers PV is doing all sorts of technically difficult things with those rotation shots, but it looks all so bad. Weird.

Revenge show looks terrible.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yo Lucy, ninja girl and samurai master is carrying on this season. Are you hype, are you happy, it owns.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

military is good

They should have made a Gunka no Baltzar anime instead of this Isekai poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Give me an anime about 19th century Germans shooting each other with early rifles you stupid fucks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Anime of the Year: Rakugo
Hero of the Year: Satoru Fujinuma
Villain of the Year: Tomura
Best Boy: Reigen
Best Girl: Rem
Best Fight Scene: Didn't vote
Best Animation: Flip Flap
Most Heartwarming: Orange
Drama of the Year: Rakugo
Best Couple: Kiznaiver
Best Comedy: Konosuba
Best Action: MHA
Best Opening: Write-in Anne Happy
Best Ending: Write-in Kuma Miko

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its that exciting part of the year again when the first shows of the season start airing, so far we have

akiba's trip... i do not like akibas trip

ai mai mi surgical friends very funny

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Why are everyone naked on Crunchyroll's poster for Ai Mai Mii.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

nielsm posted:

why aren't you naked, right now?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
akiba's trip does the character interaction stuff i like in undead & undressed pretty well but the art and animation is really inconsistent and the fanservice gets weirder than the weirdest parts of undead & undressed

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im gonna presume here that it is the key art, but i wouldn't know since i pirated it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

its that exciting part of the year again when the first shows of the season start airing, so far we have

akiba's trip... i do not like akibas trip

ai mai mi surgical friends very funny

why no mention of shonen tanteidan neo? it's good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/816727538374299648

This thing looks sort of like Izetta if Izetta were uglier and replaced its fluffier bits with more cynicism.

Doesn't sound like a great pitch.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

nielsm posted:

It feels like a parody of something, but without knowing what I can't tell if that helps

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

didnt see it on the nyaa frontpage

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

Ah, sounds like my gut feeling was right!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Namtab posted:

Yo Lucy, ninja girl and samurai master is carrying on this season. Are you hype, are you happy, it owns.

Yes, yes I am. :3:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Ai Mai Mi was pretty funny, never heard of this series before and this appears to be a 3rd season. Will probably watch the previous ones at some point since its so short.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Neat.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/816780525553598464

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

This thing looks sort of like Izetta if Izetta were uglier and replaced its fluffier bits with more cynicism.

There's a certain tone I'm expecting of it, hyper-serious super soldier is actually in a squad of rejects and goofballs who frequently get sent on suicide missions, so I might be disappointed.

So basically Votoms season 3 with Magical Girls.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

that already sounds more interesting than what I saw of Izetta

Even moreso after watching the trailer

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I've few things I care about this season and those I'm going in with low expectations. So far that's worked for me with Akiba's Trip which I'm already enjoying. I hope it'll continue working for me with Youjo Senki.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm pretty mixed on the akiba's trip anime cause while i like the cast and it looks like it'll have the kind of goofy character stuff i liked in undead & undressed, even for an anime based on a pretty fanservicey game, i feel like the way it handled the fanservice got weird sometimes

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
my expectations were very low, and it didn't exactly exceed them by much. I might still drop it if it starts to creep me out more than make me laugh, which is not a possibility i'm discounting

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tanya looks bad to me, but the voters have spoken and i will be forced to watch it. since voting seems to have died down, i'm culling the list and here's the deal on the stream:

The first Winter 2017 Seasonal Stream will happen this Sunday! I'm aiming for early afternoon (2pm CST?), but since a few shows air that day, we're going to be at the whims of any airing delays/sub delays for unlicensed shows. The planned lineup is:
- Little Witch Academia
- Akiba's Trip
- Youjo Senki/Saga of Tanya the Evil
- Demi-chan
- Idol Incidents
- Seiren
- Minami Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
- Nyanko Days (short)

Time updates will be posted day-of in the lovely livestream thread.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 5, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I hope to be present! I may pop in and out.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and because why the heck not, the second stream shows have been decided on, by me! it's a much lighter week of premieres and i don't think anybody would strongly object to Hand Shakers, Marginal#4, or Chaos;Child being left out. it'll be sometime the 13th/14th (updates later), and the lineup will be:

- Gabriel Dropout
- Onihei
- ACCA
- Kemono Friends
- Chiruran (short)
- Piacevole! (short)
- One Room (short)
- Kobayashi-san's Dragon Maid
- Kuzu no Honkai/Scum's Wish

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm really behind on what's coming out this season, so I'll finally be checking out Hibike Euphonium while anticipating thread reactions. I enjoyed the shows I picked up from the last thread a lot more than most of the stuff I started with.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im lolling at the key visuals they gave for the onihei's mc kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Urara Meirochou seems extremely cute. The premise is that the main character Chiya comes to a city where girls from around the country go to become uranaishi who divine fortunes, and becomes an apprentice uranaishi together with three other girls with the intention of becoming the greatest fortuneteller, an Urara. Well, that's the premise, but mostly they seem to just eat a lot.

• Locked thread