Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Mercury Hat posted:

I bet they did, it showed the country in a positive light and they probably got to put in their own references to the areas the Universes visit.

Conversely, when the Simpsons made a crack about their overseas animation studio, the studio got really upset and initially refused to animate the scene.

speaking of, can anyone identify the drawings on the door and the one above Mr Greg ones on the left? I can indentify everything else but those. Specfically the two on the left of the door, as the others I think are just general reference sheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I can't wait until Yellow Diamond starts abducting people from Beach City for their zoo and they start interacting with the zoo people. What happens when a group of people who don't understand sadness or anger meet Lars, the most miserable person around?

Knowing Lars and the show, he would probably start mellowing out and become genuinely happy in an environment where everyone was oblivious to his negativity, treated him with extreme friendliness, and where there was no pressure to do anything but eat and frolic. Then just as Lars realizes he's the happiest he's ever been, Steven busts him out and "rescues" him. Lars hates Steven.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Considering what Steven and Greg have seen of the Diamonds I'd quite like the Gems reintroduction to Blue be them panicking when they see her walking down their beach toward their temple, only for Amethyst to notice something odd - Steven's there walking with her. Have Steven tell them to stand down while Steven, Greg and Blue talk and reminisce about what Pink Diamond and Rose were like outside of battle. Considering Steven and Greg are probably the only people in the universe who truly understand Blue's point of view due to Yellow trying to ignore it. Blue Diamond at this point will probably become BFFs with whoever manages to finally make her laugh, just once, after 6000 years of despair.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

VanSandman posted:

Did your cancer treatment work out? :v:

Lawl. My maternal grandfather was completely bald before he was 30. Thanks lovely genes!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Lawl. My maternal grandfather was completely bald before he was 30. Thanks lovely genes!

Just take it as opportunity to shave your head entirely and start rocking anime wigs.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Nobody in my family ever went bald or even suffered hair thinning - a tradition I'm gonna have to continue.

I mean, there was Aunty Heidi, but we don't talk about her for various reasons.

(I'm pretty sure she posts in certain bits of D&D)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

Considering what Steven and Greg have seen of the Diamonds I'd quite like the Gems reintroduction to Blue be them panicking when they see her walking down their beach toward their temple, only for Amethyst to notice something odd - Steven's there walking with her. Have Steven tell them to stand down while Steven, Greg and Blue talk and reminisce about what Pink Diamond and Rose were like outside of battle. Considering Steven and Greg are probably the only people in the universe who truly understand Blue's point of view due to Yellow trying to ignore it. Blue Diamond at this point will probably become BFFs with whoever manages to finally make her laugh, just once, after 6000 years of despair.

Steven is Pink Diamond's murderer.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bongo Bill posted:

Yeah, she might not be able to recognize that one Sapphire and Ruby that defied her 5000 years ago but every facet of the diamond breaker's hateful gem is etched into her mind.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
When do the episodes actually air?

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

deadly_pudding posted:

When do the episodes actually air?

End of the month, 30th to 2nd. They really messed up...

again.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They messed up so bad by giving me exactly what I wanted sooner than expected, and it would be great if they keep messing up like that

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bongo Bill posted:

Rose created Steven as a way of hiding herself from Blue Diamond's wrath.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

So basically everyone is a liar with their own hidden agenda? Its like a whole group of Obi-Wans spewing half truths to motivate a weapon to finish the job he failed to do, except that weapon is also a liar with a hidden agenda, although he doesn't know it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Say Nothing posted:

Rose created Steven as a way of hiding herself from Blue Diamond's wrath.

I'm not sure if Homeworld Gems recognize that Steven is a separate entity from Rose. Jasper sure didn't/doesn't. If Blue Diamond ever sees Steven's gem or his powers, I'm not sure she'd be willing to listen to an explanation and just assume, like Jasper, that it's some kind of trick or weird reformation.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Pakled posted:

I'm not sure if Homeworld Gems recognize that Steven is a separate entity from Rose. Jasper sure didn't/doesn't. If Blue Diamond ever sees Steven's gem or his powers, I'm not sure she'd be willing to listen to an explanation and just assume, like Jasper, that it's some kind of trick or weird reformation.

That's the big thing about Homeworld, isn't it? They haven't the faintest idea of how humanity works. Even Rose didn't really get it until she actually sat down and talked with Greg.

It's like Gems hear, but they never listen.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Tupperwarez posted:

That's the big thing about Homeworld, isn't it? They haven't the faintest idea of how humanity works. Even Rose didn't really get it until she actually sat down and talked with Greg.

It's like Gems hear, but they never listen.

"Oh there he goes making those barking noises again" -Agate

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Yeah, she might not be able to recognize that one Sapphire and Ruby that defied her 5000 years ago but every facet of the diamond breaker's hateful gem is etched into her mind.

While it's definitely possible that Blue Diamond would destroy Steven if she knew who he was, there is a chance she won't. She did spare all the rose quartz gems after all and has worked tirelessly to preserve everything related to Pink Diamond. On some level she might understand that revenge wont bring Diamond back and she just wants to grieve in her own way. So seeing what Pink Diamond died for might help her get some kind of closure once the initial sadness/rage subsides.

Yellow on the other hand, is going to be a much tougher sell. There is likely going to be at least one diamond that Steven will never win over and it's probably going to be yellow if it's not white or both. Doubt the resolution of the conflict will be to shatter her (after all Steven is likely to surpass Rose) but doubtful she'll ever become a friend. Given what we've seen in these episodes though, there is definitely a chance that Blue at least can be won over.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Greg is the most desirable man in the universe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pakled posted:

I'm not sure if Homeworld Gems recognize that Steven is a separate entity from Rose. Jasper sure didn't/doesn't.

Jasper is a bit of a rockhead. Not Skinny Jasper though, she's cool.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Jasper is a bit of a rockhead. Not Skinny Jasper though, she's cool.

Does that make Carmelia, aka the best Jasper, those little cheese poofs?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Her name is Carnelian and she's obviously a cheez-it.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Begemot posted:

Surely you mean Flamin' Hot Cheetos, the reddest and spiciest of the Cheeto family.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Carnelian

I want to say best bomb yet, but each one is illuminating and lovingly crafted in its own way. The Korea trip, Blue Diamond, Steven's journey to the Zoo, the Amethysts and co, Yellow Diamond's song, still cherishing all of it.
One thing I've noticed is that I'm often lukewarm on my first listen to songs in this show, but as they go on and I listen to them again I get more and more out of them. Here Comes A Thought was like this, and YD's song has been as well. It sounded so strange and just off at first, but as it goes on and finally ends on YD's near breakdown (which I only really noticed on my second viewing), it's absolutely on point given the singer and her context. I'm empathizing with Yellow loving Diamond while she's arguing for all Roses to be shattered and would probably have done in the Amethysts and humans as well if not for Blue Diamond.
It may sound corny, but I'm so happy that Rebecca Sugar followed her dreams to end up giving us all of this.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 5, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

rockopete posted:

Carnelian

I want to say best bomb yet, but each one is illuminating and lovingly crafted in its own way. The Korea trip, Blue Diamond, Steven's journey to the Zoo, the Amethysts and co, Yellow Diamond's song, still cherishing all of it.
One thing I've noticed is that I'm often lukewarm on my first listen to songs in this show, but as they go on and I listen to them again I get more and more out of them. Here Comes A Thought was like this, and YD's song has been as well. It sounded so strange and just off at first, but as it goes on and finally ends on YD's near breakdown (which I only really noticed on my second viewing), it's absolutely on point given the singer and her context. I'm empathizing with Yellow loving Diamond while she's arguing for all Roses to be shattered and would probably have done in the Amethysts and humans as well if not for Blue Diamond.
It may sound corny, but I'm so happy that Rebecca Sugar followed her dreams to end up giving us all of this.

Yeah, this show is really good and she should be proud of it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Can't believe Greg almost had a bisexual harem all to himself

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Begemot posted:

Ah, I misheard her name. Still, she is the best cheezit to ever exist and I just want her and Amethyst to be best girl bros bff forever

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Begemot posted:

Who voiced them, then?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

All right here we go

Yellow Diamond's song was bad

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Samovar posted:

Who voiced them, then?

Kimberly Brooks, who also voices all of the other Jaspers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

All right here we go

Yellow Diamond's song was bad

I kind of agree? I've listened to it multiple times now and I'm just not feeling it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Ah, I misheard her name. Still, she is the best cheezit to ever exist and I just want her and Amethyst to be best girl bros bff forever

Welcome to the Shorty Squad!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah it just didn't mesh well.
It's the first SU song I actually didn't like.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
"She took Greg?"
"Our Greg?"
"What other Greg is there?"

Also, Pearl referring to Greg as "our Greg" :3:

e: also, Pearl sporting some serious early-season-1 animation while she's piloting the Ruby ship, oy

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 5, 2017

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I definitely get people not liking the song - the Pearls' singing is very strange and slightly discordant and it doesn't reach the same level of harmony that, say, Just a Thought does. I still like it though.

:drat:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well it looked cool I guess

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Besesoth posted:

e: also, Pearl sporting some serious early-season-1 animation while she's piloting the Ruby ship, oy

I have to get screens of that, it's really weird looking.
Reminds me of creepy crawling Pearl.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 5, 2017

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

MikeJF posted:

Well it looked cool I guess

They're made out of hard light, and she's like, one of their queens. She probably can adjust size to whatever is most dramatic at the moment (or she just has a separate, tinier yellow Pearl).

Cavelcade posted:

I definitely get people not liking the song - the Pearls' singing is very strange and slightly discordant and it doesn't reach the same level of harmony that, say, Just a Thought does. I still like it though.

That's arguably the point. When Pink Diamond was shattered, so was the harmony among the remaining Diamonds, to the point where their entire society has been affected by their grief 5,000 years plus later.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Best thing about the bomb:
Amethyst and the Amethysts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Abrupt thought: what if White Diamond is was the fusion of Pink, Blue, and Yellow Diamonds?